• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Probably my best in game team ever xD

Blood Red Absol

AquaMilotic's Waifu
I guess I could conciser this to be semi-competitive, but mostly for in game, PWT, Battle Subway, Battling friends, etc.
I'm hoping this will turn out to be a great team :)

359.gif
065.gif
212.gif
Spr_B2W2_Scientist_F.png
445.gif
242.gif
609.gif

--------------------------------------------------​

359.gif

Absol ~ Draya
Adamant
Super Luck
@Scope Lens
252atk/252spd/4hp
Night Slash
Psycho Cut
Stone Edge
Sword Dance

065.gif

Alakazam ~ Lelouch
Modest
Synchronize (untill I can find a Magic Guard one)
@Life Orb
252s.atk/252spd/4hp
Psychic
Shadow Ball
Focus Blast
Energy Ball

212.gif

Scizor ~ Grell
Adamant
Technician
@Choice Band
252stk/252spd/4hp
Pursuit
Bullet Punch
Bug Bite
Superpower

445.gif

Garchomp ~ Kenny
Adamant
Sand Veil
@Choice Band
252atk/252spd/4hp
Dragon Claw
Earthquake
Stone Edge
Fire Fang

242.gif

Blissey ~ Happyness
Bold
Natural Cure
@Leftovers
252def/176s.def/80hp
Softboiled
Toxic
Seismic Toss
Flamethrower

609.gif

Chandelure ~ Homura
Modest
Flash Flare
@Life Orb
252s.atk/252spd/4hp
Heat Wave
Energy Ball
Shadow Ball
Calm Mind

Last edited:

azeem40

Pokemon is fun!
Your team looks good! However, I suggest Swords Dance over Stone Edge. Fire+Dragon+Ground covers everything.

edonub

If you use this competitively, you want Sucker Punch on Absol. Relying on critical hits does not pay off, even with two boosts to the % of them happen. Absol is not fast and STAB priority with 80 base power really helps it.

Also, U-Turn and Bug Bite are redundant. There will be very few occasions where you will lock yourself into Bug Bite, because once again Scizor is slow and if you're looking for a lategame sweep instead of just trapping (Pursuit) or scouting while landing a heavy hit (U-Turn) you will mostly use Bullet Punch because it makes you faster.
So yeah, Pursuit over Bug Bite. Rest looks fine. And yeah Garchomp could use either a boosting move or Substitute over Stone Edge.
Or both really, You will only use a Fire move for Bronzong and Skarmory after a Swords Dance.

Blood Red Absol

AquaMilotic's Waifu
Your team looks good! However, I suggest Swords Dance over Stone Edge. Fire+Dragon+Ground covers everything.

If you use this competitively, you want Sucker Punch on Absol. Relying on critical hits does not pay off, even with two boosts to the % of them happen. Absol is not fast and STAB priority with 80 base power really helps it.

Also, U-Turn and Bug Bite are redundant. There will be very few occasions where you will lock yourself into Bug Bite, because once again Scizor is slow and if you're looking for a lategame sweep instead of just trapping (Pursuit) or scouting while landing a heavy hit (U-Turn) you will mostly use Bullet Punch because it makes you faster.
So yeah, Pursuit over Bug Bite. Rest looks fine. And yeah Garchomp could use either a boosting move or Substitute over Stone Edge.
Or both really, You will only use a Fire move for Bronzong and Skarmory after a Swords Dance.

Ok I have changed Stone Edge on Garchomp for Sword Dance.
Scizor I will have to maul over a little more.

papayaperson

Mathematician
I'd honestly give Blissey Serence Grace for the Ability, and give it Flamethrower instead of Seismic Toss. Even though Blissey is a staller, as toxic won't affect steel-types, so Flamethrower w/ Serene Grace has an okay chance of burning it.

Overall it also seems that you focus on speed, to have a good and balanced team, you should always try to have one or two Bulky Sweepers/HP Monsters such as Mamoswine or Snorlax, because your fast sweepers (Entire team aside from Blissey) are going to be easily destroyed by one, whereas Bulky vs Bulky will have better odds. One defensive staller such as Shuckle should be included aswell.

Blood Red Absol

AquaMilotic's Waifu
I'd honestly give Blissey Serence Grace for the Ability, and give it Flamethrower instead of Seismic Toss. Even though Blissey is a staller, as toxic won't affect steel-types, so Flamethrower w/ Serene Grace has an okay chance of burning it.

Overall it also seems that you focus on speed, to have a good and balanced team, you should always try to have one or two Bulky Sweepers/HP Monsters such as Mamoswine or Snorlax, because your fast sweepers (Entire team aside from Blissey) are going to be easily destroyed by one, whereas Bulky vs Bulky will have better odds. One defensive staller such as Shuckle should be included aswell.

Thanks, I'll have to breed a new Chancey when I get the time.
As for the rest I will remember that for future reference.

azeem40

Pokemon is fun!
Without Natural Cure, Blissey is basically screwed. Besides, Heal Bell only has 5 PP.

edonub

Blissey is not meant to deal damage, it's meant to sit there and tank hits while forcing switches/stalling with toxic, healing your team's status with aromatherapy if needed, providing Wish support... You can do a lot of things with Blissey, sadly dealing direct damage is not one of them. You know it's true when you have Seismic Toss as your best option. You get five other team members to "deal with Steel and Poison types".
Natural Cure is great because it makes Blissey even better of a sponge. Flamethrower will probably fail to 2hit KO a standard Ferrothorn which can Leech Seed+Protect stall you down, lay down hazards, switch in pretty much ANYTHING that's not a Forretress or a Scizor for free, etc.
Even with Serene Grace, Flamethrower's Burn chance is only 20%.

azeem40

Pokemon is fun!
Flamethrower does 2HKO, but Ferrothorn users will be smart and switch to a Blissey counter, so you are right.

Blood Red Absol

AquaMilotic's Waifu
Blissey is not meant to deal damage, it's meant to sit there and tank hits while forcing switches/stalling with toxic, healing your team's status with aromatherapy if needed, providing Wish support... You can do a lot of things with Blissey, sadly dealing direct damage is not one of them. You know it's true when you have Seismic Toss as your best option. You get five other team members to "deal with Steel and Poison types".
Natural Cure is great because it makes Blissey even better of a sponge. Flamethrower will probably fail to 2hit KO a standard Ferrothorn which can Leech Seed+Protect stall you down, lay down hazards, switch in pretty much ANYTHING that's not a Forretress or a Scizor for free, etc.
Even with Serene Grace, Flamethrower's Burn chance is only 20%.

Flamethrower does 2HKO, but Ferrothorn users will be smart and switch to a Blissey counter, so you are right.

Ok, well Blissy stays as she is then, I might change Ice Beam to flamethrower anyway.

azeem40

Pokemon is fun!
Good idea.

Zhanton

le quant-à-soi
You're probably not going to want to run Choice Band + Swords Dance on Garchomp for rather obvious reasons. Go with Yache Berry as your item to reduce damage from Ice-type attacks.

I'd also suggest you go with Leftovers > Life Orb on Chandelure. Chandelure has base 145 SpA, and Modest nature, 252 SpA EVs and Calm Mind is more than enough power since you said you'll mainly be sticking to in-game and battling friends. Leftovers increases its longevity and ensures you can sweep for longer.

Blood Red Absol

AquaMilotic's Waifu
You're probably not going to want to run Choice Band + Swords Dance on Garchomp for rather obvious reasons. Go with Yache Berry as your item to reduce damage from Ice-type attacks.

I'd also suggest you go with Leftovers > Life Orb on Chandelure. Chandelure has base 145 SpA, and Modest nature, 252 SpA EVs and Calm Mind is more than enough power since you said you'll mainly be sticking to in-game and battling friends. Leftovers increases its longevity and ensures you can sweep for longer.

Ok thanks, I'll be changing this around when I get around to it :)

Moonrox

Shaymin Enthusiast
I know too much about Scizor after the countless days of trying to perfect mine (he was my first level 100).
As was said, U-Turn and Bug Bite is redundant, I would keep Bug Bite and replace U-Turn with Night Slash. And another option that very few people seem to use on Scizor would be Rock Smash. Superpower is stronger, but your stats go down. Rock Smash uses Technician and has a chance to reduce the opponents defense.

Blood Red Absol

AquaMilotic's Waifu
I know too much about Scizor after the countless days of trying to perfect mine (he was my first level 100).
As was said, U-Turn and Bug Bite is redundant, I would keep Bug Bite and replace U-Turn with Night Slash. And another option that very few people seem to use on Scizor would be Rock Smash. Superpower is stronger, but your stats go down. Rock Smash uses Technician and has a chance to reduce the opponents defense.

I like the idea of rock smash, I think I will put that or night slash over U-Turn
I'll keep superpower though.
I'll maul this over a bit.

azeem40

Pokemon is fun!
U-Turn is what makes Scizor great. With it, it can scout out the enemy and switch accordingly.
Also, Life Orb is the better item as it allows it to be even more devastating. It misses out on a lot of KOs with Leftovers and it has Pain Split to heal decently.

Last edited:

chap196

For Alakazam
Use Energy Ball instead of Calm Mind for more coverages and Alakazam does not have enough Defense and Special Defense to use Calm Mind, it might get OHKO first. Put Choice Specs or Focus Sash as a option.

Blood Red Absol

AquaMilotic's Waifu
U-Turn is what makes Scizor great. With it, it can scout out the enemy and switch accordingly.
Also, Life Orb is the better item as it allows it to be even more devastating. It misses out on a lot of KOs with Leftovers and it has Pain Split to heal decently.

Sorry but I think I am quite happy with my current Scizor

For Alakazam
Use Energy Ball instead of Calm Mind for more coverages and Alakazam does not have enough Defense and Special Defense to use Calm Mind, it might get OHKO first. Put Choice Specs or Focus Sash as a option.

This makes alot if sense to me, thanks, I'll change it around :3

azeem40

Pokemon is fun!
Sorry but I think I am quite happy with my current Scizor

This makes alot if sense to me, thanks, I'll change it around :3

If you're gonna even go semi-competitive, GL without U-Turn. It is immensely useful in the current metagame.