• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Problem with Mew?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, so I went to Toys 'R' Us today, and I got my Mew for myself and sister, but when I tried to trade it to my stepbrother's Emerald game it left me a message similar to this:

'Sorry, but the Pokemon you tried to trade for is in a different region. To get this Pokemon you may want to trade it in from another region'

or something along those lines...it was a few hours ago so I don't remember it exactly. Anyways, I filled all the requierments to download it, (go to the 2nd floor in the PKMNCenter, have 2 Pokemon with you, recieve the Pokedex) but the message came up afterwards. The strange thing is, it didn't show me the message as I tried trading the Mew to his game, but it was afterwards, after the character went back to the PKMNCenter 2nd floor main lobby.

So in short, I went to download the Mew to mah stepbrother's Em, but it wouldn't allow it to happen, and I didn't recieve the error message until I was back into the lobby. At first I thought it was because he needed to beat the game, but then I remembered that you get the Nationaldex automatically after trading for another region's PKMN. And it worked perfectly well in mah Em too. Any help here guys?

~fuzzy out~

Icicle

You need to beat the game in Emerald to get the National Dex. It's not like Ruby/Sapphire, in those games as soon as you trade from FR/LG you automatically get the National Dex.

Oh really, I could've sworn you got it immediately, just like in Ru/Sa. Alright thanks, this thread can be closed now.

~fuzzy out~

natinal dex is needed. beat the e4 for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.