• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Problem with my laptop speakers

So basically, whenever I'm starting up my laptop, an extremely high pitched noise comes from the speakers and it does not stop until I go into one of the user accounts for the laptop.
I have the laptop speakers disabled and the microphone disabled.
If I place my hand over a certain area on the speakers you can't hear the high pitched noise but you can hear a sort of humming coming from the speakers.
Right now there is no noise coming from it because it's all disabled but it only stops creating the high pitched noise after I log into a user account, if I was to enable the speakers now the noise would be created.
(Also noticed if I leave my 3DS on and move it close enough to the speaker the screen goes black on the 3DS but I'm only mentioning this because it could help with identifying the problem, nothing wrong with the 3DS)
I use a packard bell EasyNote TS laptop by the way.

SkittyOnWailord

☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣
So basically, whenever I'm starting up my laptop, an extremely high pitched noise comes from the speakers and it does not stop until I go into one of the user accounts for the laptop.
If I place my hand over a certain area on the speakers you can't hear the high pitched noise but you can hear a sort of humming coming from the speakers.
Right now there is no noise coming from it because it's all disabled but it only stops creating the high pitched noise after I log into a user account, if I was to enable the speakers now the noise would be created.
(Also noticed if I leave my 3DS on and move it close enough to the speaker the screen goes black on the 3DS but I'm only mentioning this because it could help with identifying the problem, nothing wrong with the 3DS)

Well I know the 3DS's screen turns black when it's in sleep mode (when it's closed). And it knows that because there's a little magnet on the bottom and top of the 3DS that touch each when you close it. If you put another magnet (don't do this obviously) near it then it'll think it's in sleep mode and turn the screen off.

I also know that speakers have magnets in them. I'm not sure exactly what's wrong with your laptop, but there's a chance that the speakers might have got overly magnetized somehow. Though I'm not sure how to tell if that's happened or what the exact symptoms are. But it might be something to look into.

Teebu

What O/S are you currently using?

The DS thing is just interference, could be caused by the speakers and sometimes other components in the laptop can do the same thing. probably the easiest way to check the cause of the problem is to plug headphones into the audio jack on the laptop. if the unpleasant noise continues in headphones then there is likely an issue with the sound card, if the noise coming from the headphones is fine but the noise is from speakers persists then the speakers are at fault(or something like a wire is causing an issue) though you'll probably need a technical support engineer to look at the hardware up close to see if it needs replacing. At a guess i would say your sound card is the problem(most likely software) here since when you tinker with the settings you can get the noise to stop

Alright, thanks for the help guys ^.^ I'll just bring my laptop to someone that actually knows what they're doing.
Thanks!