• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

problem with my pokemon ruby game cartridge. HELP!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris336

every time i press start at the main screen with groudon on it, it shows the following,"the internal battery has run dry.
the game can be played.
However, clock-based events will no longer occur."can i fix that?;448;;257;:497:

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
Unfortunately, I do not think so. It just means that berries can no longer grow and the tide will no longer change in Shoal Cave. You can still play it other than that. They fixed this glitch in Emerald version.

Actually, I think there was also a patch for this glitch if you were to download Jirachi from the Colosseum bonus disk, but I would have to double check on that.

Dangertrout

Unfortunately, I do not think so. It just means that berries can no longer grow and the tide will no longer change in Shoal Cave. You can still play it other than that. They fixed this glitch in Emerald version.

Actually, I think there was also a patch for this glitch if you were to download Jirachi from the Colosseum bonus disk, but I would have to double check on that.

You are thinking of the berry glitch, this is something different. Same effect, but the way to fix it is to replace the internal battery, which has died.

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
You are thinking of the berry glitch, this is something different. Same effect, but the way to fix it is to replace the internal battery, which has died.

Ah, I see, thanks for correcting me on that.

So I guess, the only thing you can do now is to replace the internal battery or get a new game

Myrrh

So I guess, the only thing you can do now is to replace the internal battery or get a new game

If Topic Creator doesn't care about any of the features that use the internal battery a new game or battery isn't needed. Some are significant enough to consider fixing though, yeah.

Lilycove Dept. Store never has any sales
Lilycove Dept. Store stops allowing the player to draw a Lotto Ticket
The Mauville Game Corner never has any service days
The Energy Guru never sells vitamins cheap
The tide in Shoal Cave never changes
The man who gives out TM27 (Return) and TM21 (Frustration) in Pacifidlog Town stops giving out TMs
Those that hand out free Berries stop handing them out
Mirage Island's random number is the same
Eevee will only be able to evolve into one of Espeon or Umbreon
Route 119 and Route 123 are stuck with the same weather condition

Next time you can go here for help.

garretslarrity

Unova Champion
Don't forget there actually is a beneficial side effect: Pokerus will last forever even in your party!

Actually there is a way to fix the Berry Glitch, you would need another GameBoy Advance, a link cable and a cartridge of either FR or LG. To perform this, you need to turn on the other GBA with the FRLG in and I think as you turn on, you're supposed to hold Select/Start and it takes you to this menu. The menu then tells you to link the other GBA w/ your Ruby and there the connection actually fixes the problem.:D

Hope this helps (in case you have another GBA...)

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
Actually there is a way to fix the Berry Glitch, you would need another GameBoy Advance, a link cable and a cartridge of either FR or LG. To perform this, you need to turn on the other GBA with the FRLG in and I think as you turn on, you're supposed to hold Select/Start and it takes you to this menu. The menu then tells you to link the other GBA w/ your Ruby and there the connection actually fixes the problem.:D

Hope this helps (in case you have another GBA...)

I thought it was the berry glitch initially as well, but it is not. So, sadly, OP cannot use this technique to fix the battery

Greekboy

If you replace the battery, in order for the time-related features in Ruby version to work you'll have to start a new game.

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
i understand, at least the game is still playable
Indeed. Poor old GSC had the save file tied to the battery; RSE just loses a few minor features.

Anyways this has been well answered by now, so I'm going to close. Use that questions thread sticky in future, please!

Status
Not open for further replies.