• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Problems with Miss Fire Bird

ALTOCHARIZARD55

Akatsuki Ruler
I am here for some pointers on befriending moltres. i have tried about 20 times + with all kinds of combinations.I even tried with my latios and still no... Yes I have beaten the game, and my rescue rank is silver. Any tips?

ShadowflareNova

You have your size down to only two? I ask this because you said you tried as Latios and with him, you cannot bring any more teammates to recruit Moltres. Secondly, a better Rank may help a bit, I got mine when I was Platinum, I think. Third, wear a Friend Bow if you can....And last, if all else fails, have patience or raise levels--you get a better recruiting chance with a good level.

Make sure that you have two or less stars of body size, and that the leader faints Moltres. I would recommend enhancing your rescue rank, and if you don't recruit it, turn off the power and try again at the save point.

diamondboy

fredfredburger yes!
bring only your leader and then defeat moltres then that manlady will join you.

Mikau

Better then you
Be atleast Platinum or Diamond rank before you try and befriend it. It worked for me at level 43.

diamondboy

fredfredburger yes!
i didn't even have on and i don't know where you get one and if you are talking to somebody else sorry then.

zaidbenh

you know why im here
i cant tell... but i befriend him 1 try thoe a friend bow would help and gold rank(i recurited on bronze rank 1 try)

[Paper Snow]

MNU spreads lies
bring only your leader and then defeat moltres then that manlady will join you.

I'm completely naming my Moltres that when I recruit him.

Back on topic, just keep trying. It took me about fifteen or so tries to get Articuno, whereas I recruited Zapdos on my first try (after finishing Story Mode, of course). And I was only Silver rank and in the low thirties with my leader's level.

blindskater

wierd, I was bronze rank when I got him no friend bow. Try raising lvls or friend bow.

diamondboy

fredfredburger yes!
that's funny you are going to name him manlady and yeah i got the manlady with bronze rank also now i am a platinum rank.

[Paper Snow]

MNU spreads lies
that's funny you are going to name him manlady and yeah i got the manlady with bronze rank also now i am a platinum rank.

Hey, my Articuno is named DramaQueen because he was so difficult to get. Moltres was either going to be named something decent like my Zapdos, Dai, was, or... DramaLlama. 'Manlady' sounds much better, though.

Back on topic, I can't give many tips that haven't been said already; higher levels, Friend Bow, better rescue rank, have the leader land the final blow, go alone, ect.

diamondboy

fredfredburger yes!
offtopic i wasn't being mean i was just saying it sounds funny
on topic yeah articuno was the hardest for me to get also.

Sammi

Banned
Moltres was my first legendary I recruited... <3

Anyhoo, bring a starter Pokemon and HAX Moltres. I got her when I was at level 42. A Raichu, Gold Rank. At that time... That was my old file. It's gone now. *cries*

Hax that Missy!

[Paper Snow]

MNU spreads lies
offtopic i wasn't being mean i was just saying it sounds funny
on topic yeah articuno was the hardest for me to get also.

You were being mean? o __o I'm sorry if I sounded offended or something. > __> Just sayin' how I was gonna name him something strange anyway, but 'Manlady' would be a lot less confusing than 'DramaLlama'.

Oh, and bring a Water-Type to face Moltres, to stay on topic. Makes things a lot easier when you can take it out in two hits.

diamondboy

fredfredburger yes!
no i wasn't but whatever when moltres uses gust run away and then sneak up it then use a water attack.

the legend master

i got him on my second try-bronze rank

MonopolyMoneyBag

As everyone else is saying don't use Latias that is size 4. Moltres is Size 4, up to a maximum of size 6 in your team. Use a size 2 or 1.