• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Problems with the gts

Status
Not open for further replies.
The GTS is just poorly designed. If you check the site it should have been like that.

My biggest problem other than the obvious BS requests, hacks, etc is that you only get to see 7 pokemon at a time, despite there being hundreds of the one I'm looking at.

Searching options could be a bit better like narrowing down he level, like on Google or eBay you can search for price and enter any price minimum to any price max.. coulda done something like that for levels.

Petal

Care to elaborate?
I barely use the GTS, I'll maybe check it once a week to see if my posted pokemon has been traded off. Otherwise it's just personal trades for me - You can at least see the pokemon's Summary that way ^^

Hamo

Ev trainer
i have seen many many people asking for mews and such and they are ppl that put in lvl1 starters for a lvl 100 pokemon! who the hell is dumb enough to do that?!

Metamence

Uhh i threw in a legit Palkia in the GTS, i was asking for a LV 100 scizor and i got a hacked one! Hmmm I always get hacked Scizors.

Slowking[George]

#SPP-WiFi HOP
The GTS works fine for me, but it's just very slow. I don't know why.

MorseCoder

Pokemon Champion
According to the main site Regi***got can be caught at level one in Platinum.

yes. Its Level one alright, But I also see ENGLISH Lv. 9 and UNDER Gigases in the GTS. Hacked? meh?

yiazmat

The ultimate terror
I hate it when you find a awesome offer e.g. shiny regigigas shiny and event :D and the person wants any mew, you start trading then halfway through it says..."The GTS is extremely busy at the moment, try and reconnect." when I reconnect the good offer is gone :(

golduck#1

ha ha yeah that happened to me for a shiny azelf for a raikou =(

Discharge

Onions? WHERE???
I see very few problems with the GTS. Only big problem is the not being able to search for pokemon you havent seen. Thats makes the GTS actually completely useless for people trying to complete their pokedex unless they're too lazy to breed their eevees or combees.

EDIT:

This is for people who whine about getting hacks from GTS for their legit pokemon and so on:

GO TO MAIN PAGE
SELECT WIFI CHAT
ASK FOR ANY LEGIT POKEMON YOU LIKE FOR THE ONE YOU WANT TO GET RID OF
DO THE TRADE AND BE HAPPY

You NEVER get legit pokemon out of GTS for sure.

Last edited:

MorseCoder

Pokemon Champion
I see very few problems with the GTS. Only big problem is the not being able to search for pokemon you havent seen. Thats makes the GTS actually completely useless for people trying to complete their pokedex unless they're too lazy to breed their eevees or combees.

EDIT:

This is for people who whine about getting hacks from GTS for their legit pokemon and so on:

GO TO MAIN PAGE
SELECT WIFI CHAT
ASK FOR ANY LEGIT POKEMON YOU LIKE FOR THE ONE YOU WANT TO GET RID OF
DO THE TRADE AND BE HAPPY

You NEVER get legit pokemon out of GTS for sure.

uhh. actually, I got one, I got Legit Movie gigases From there. and i have Also the Problem here, Trading for a Shiny/Rare Pokemon when message appears:"sorry. The Pokemon was Traded to another Trainer" or whaterver that is..I hate that.

randomspot555

yes. Its Level one alright, But I also see ENGLISH Lv. 9 and UNDER Gigases in the GTS. Hacked? meh?

The GTS allows hacked Pokemon. It only checks for IVs and EV distribution. As long as the hack doesn't violate those rules, it can be traded.

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
i noticed that some people are training poke's to a level events has and then they put it on the gts in hope to trade faster, the worse is they can allways deny that, a friend of mine is doing the same thing.

randomspot555

i noticed that some people are training poke's to a level events has and then they put it on the gts in hope to trade faster, the worse is they can allways deny that, a friend of mine is doing the same thing.

I don't really understand what you're saying.

Ammako

I'll explain to you:

What he says is that some people train Pokémon to event Pokémon's levels (Like they breed a Phione to level 50) just so that people will trade their Pokémon to them, thinking it's event.

randomspot555

I'll explain to you:

What he says is that some people train Pokémon to event Pokémon's levels (Like they breed a Phione to level 50) just so that people will trade their Pokémon to them, thinking it's event.

There's no evidence that people are doing that with that intent in mind. And if someone trades it expecting an event just because it's [whatever level]...well, that's a combination of their fault and the GTS not giving enough info.

There's no evidence that people are doing that with that intent in mind. And if someone trades it expecting an event just because it's [whatever level]...well, that's a combination of their fault and the GTS not giving enough info.

actually I'm not so sure about that, if people are willing to hack their games just to trade for a rare legit pokemon, they'd be more than willing to lvl them up to make then look like an event

randomspot555

actually I'm not so sure about that, if people are willing to hack their games just to trade for a rare legit pokemon, they'd be more than willing to lvl them up to make then look like an event

Again, no evidence is presented saying these people are acting with malicious intent on fooling people into thinking they're events.

Every event deoxys is a higher level than the ticket deoxys. That doesn't mean everyone who put a trained ticket deoxys up is some scammer. It just means it's no longer at level 30.

If someone is using the GTS to obtain particular events, well...that's they're problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.