• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Problems with the JP music, past and present

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryu Taylor

Unwavering beliefs. Richter Taylor is my name now.
Since I've been asked once again for valid arguments against the JP music, here they are:

My problems with Miyazaki's music:

-The quality of his remixes (whether of game music or his own original music from the past) never reaches the level of the originals.
-There's an overemphasis on the brass section, practically drowning out the rest of the orchestra in certain tracks.
-In many cases, it feels like the music is screaming itself into my ears (especially the aforementioned brass section).
-When it isn't loud, it overcorrects by being too quiet. The middle ground apparently stopped being a thing from 2006 on.

Happy now (don't actually answer this; it was rhetorical)?

Now, onto Mr. Yuki Hayashi:

-Not all that many game remixes. Considering how good he is at it, I'd like him to get more chances at it.

And actually, that's it. Only one problem with Mr. Hayashi's music.

Oh, and I should also mention that Masafumi Mima's weird tendency to place tracks illogically is a problem that has affected both Miyazaki and Mr. Hayashi. Music placement was never Miyazaki's nor Mr. Hayashi's call, so they're off the hook for that.

In general, nobody can say the JP version is 100% perfect. So what are your problems with it? You can list problems in general and use specific cases.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.