1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Problems with Twitter

Discussion in 'Technology Discussion' started by Deadeye, Jun 25, 2017.

1. Deadeye

Deadeye Tornaduskin

Heyas!

Recently I've been wanting to start using Twitter to keep track of news, just because things are kept simple and short. It seems more old device friendly than most other news sites and social media services.
    However once I've registered using my email address and given them enough info about my human existence (if I may put it that way :'D), within five or ten minutes my account gets locked due to them detecting "suspicious traffic on this account". To open my account, I would be required to enter my phone number, which is, in my opinion, too much information given for a simple cause.
    I tried registering with another email and few things disabled that might've been the possible source of this "traffic" but I end up having my another account locked for nothing as well.

So, I wonder if there's any way to go around the requirement of giving your phone number or if anyone else has encountered this problem. For those more experienced with using Twitter, how much information have you given to have it problem-free?

2. BCVM22

BCVM22 Well-Known Member

Twitter has had my phone number for years without any whisper of an issue.

That said, are you activating your account(s) with the confirmation e-mail they're sending you, so that their meager gatekeeping systems can be somewhat sure you aren't a bot?

3. lely1103

lely1103 New Member

oh I have the same problem
    hope to see the answer soon

4. Deadeye

Deadeye Tornaduskin

Yes, I have activated my account/s through confirmation email. That's also why I've been surprised about it.

5. lely1103

lely1103 New Member

thank you so much for sharing the way to fix it.
    It really help me alot.