• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Problems with Twitter

Deadeye

H(a)unting...
Heyas!

Recently I've been wanting to start using Twitter to keep track of news, just because things are kept simple and short. It seems more old device friendly than most other news sites and social media services.
However once I've registered using my email address and given them enough info about my human existence (if I may put it that way :'D), within five or ten minutes my account gets locked due to them detecting "suspicious traffic on this account". To open my account, I would be required to enter my phone number, which is, in my opinion, too much information given for a simple cause.
I tried registering with another email and few things disabled that might've been the possible source of this "traffic" but I end up having my another account locked for nothing as well.

So, I wonder if there's any way to go around the requirement of giving your phone number or if anyone else has encountered this problem. For those more experienced with using Twitter, how much information have you given to have it problem-free?

BCVM22

Twitter has had my phone number for years without any whisper of an issue.

That said, are you activating your account(s) with the confirmation e-mail they're sending you, so that their meager gatekeeping systems can be somewhat sure you aren't a bot?