• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~Prof. Gureshaw’s Midnight Course~

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
~Prof. Gureshaw’s Midnight Course~

Prof. Gureshaw’s Midnight Course

Good morning/afternoon/evening students! Before we get started, let’s go over few things:

Rules:
1. Don’t flame, spam, or harass anyone.
2. Don’t bunny (control other’s characters) without permission.
3. Please give me a chance to post your spell book’s responses. Do not just decide you have a spell that can do This or That, and then do it.
4. Exact results & success rates are up to you, so have fun, and remember that magic is usually unpredictable and often difficult to control.
5. If you can’t think of any way to obtain an item or complete a task set forth by your spell book, ask someone!
6. Please post your char name at the top of your post, this is especially important if you RPG in first person!
7. New players should pick up their books at the Next Midnight class.

Approved Players
& assigned spell books:

1. (VampirateMace) Prof. Gureshaw [telekinesis]
Spell book: Opalescence
(White leather cover, silver and opal corners - Large cursive typeset)

2. (Food Guy) Diego D. aka DD [green thumb]
Spell book: Hemlock
(Dark brown leather cover, w/ plant patterns stamped into it - Traditional print typeset)

3. (DVB) Diego V. [spirit contact]
Spell book: Ebony
(Black leather cover, black page edges - Diminutive cursive typeset)

4. (Mon1010) Leonardo, aka Leo [Mesmerization]
Spell book: Henbane
(Yellow-brown leather cover, single leaf stamped into front - Oversized cursive typeset)

5. (Billy Mays) Xavier [Telepathy]
Spell book: Burgundy
(Dark red-brown leather cover, w/ gold corners and gold edge pages - Fancy print typeset)

6. (CandleReaper/Lost Requiem) Cameron [Spirit Contact]
Spell book: Driftwood
(Wooden cover, w/ shell patterns burned into it - Delicate print typeset)

7. (SenorLaughsaLot) Lucas [Spirit Contact]
Spell book: Cumulous
(Light grey leather cover, Platinum corners - Large print typeset)

8. (Flame Mistress) Evleen [Wild Speech]
Spell Book: Sear
(White leather cover, with gold corners - Small cursive typeset)

9. (Balightning) Ethan [Psychometry]
Spell Book: Tempest
(Black leather cover, w/ gold and ruby corners - Gaudy cursive typeset)

10. (Jean Grey) Lovina [Mesmerization]
Spell book: Brimstone
(Yellow leather cover - Distressed print typeset)

11. (TheSketchQueen) Chase [Spirit Contact]
Spell book: Rusty
(Red-brown leather cover - iron corners - Round print typeset, rusted ink)

12. (thesilverwolf) Francois [Telepathy]
Spell book: Circuit
(Dark grey brushed metal cover, thin - Blocky print typeset)

13. (Unicorn) Kelly [Wild Speech]
Spell book: Glen
(Wooden cover, tree image burnt into front - Large print typeset)

Okay then:

~Prof Gureshaw~

Professor Gureshaw waited while his students clamored over to the cabinets and selected their spell books. Of course, the spell books were as much selecting the students as the students were selecting the spell books, but they’d learn more about the nature of these books soon enough. When the commotion had died down he cleared his throat and spoke up, “Okay, so we have a lot to cover tonight, because there are several things you need to know. First, you can probably feel the power of your spell books already. These books are powerful objects, and in some ways, alive. Please treat them with respect, as any magical artifact can be dangerous when abused.”

He paused to look around, the books were indeed still the center of the students’ attention. He continued, “Or put in the wrong hands. Most of your books will only respond to the voice of their own witch, but since some of them are more open-minded than that, I suggest you don’t leave them anywhere anyone else might find them.”

He turned and took an ancient white book off the teacher’s desk, it was decorated with silver and opal. He went on with his lecture, “Simply speak to your book and it will show you answers to your inquiries. Some of you may even be able to speak with your books telepathically. This called Instant Magic, every witch has a special ability, such as telepathy, mesmerization… or telekinesis.”

He lifted his book up with one hand. Slowly it lifted off his hand a few inches. Snatching his book back out of the air, he added, “It may take you a bit of time to figure out your Instant ability, but once you do, you’ll realize, it could never have been anything else. So, then, let’s take a short break before we go on, so all of you can examine your books, and ask any questions you might have.”

Last edited:

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
(OOC: Aw, no one got Crow! Fiona never got a chance to put him to good use. xD

BTW, I'm Mon1010...)

Leonardo "Leo" Silverstone
Professor Gureshaw's Classroom

At first, Leo had his doubts about whether or not to attend this crafts class he didn't remember signing up for. Considering the time, it was likely breaking curfew. Still, someone had gone through the trouble of writing that note to cordially invite him, he figured he may as well show some courtesy, and attend, at least just this once. If he didn't like it, he'd leave.

When he got there though, and the whole situation had been explained by the Professor, Leo was quite amused, excited even. The craft they were studying was witchcraft, as in Magic! Leo had found the subject interesting, and Magic, at least the way it's portrayed in fiction, sounds awesome. Who wouldn't want to stay and learn how to cast some spells? The Professor himself also seemed nice enough, what's the worst that could happen?

Once everyone had arrived, Professor Gureshaw had invited them to select a Spellbook from the collection. Happily, he did so. He ran his fingers through the spines of the books as he thought of which to choose. He stopped at one that caught his attention. He took it off the shelf and looked at it. It was a Yellowish Brown leather book, with a picture of a leaf stamped onto the front. It looked like how he imagined a spellbook to look. He didn't know what it was about this one, but something about it felt right. Leo smiled, confident in his selection, took the book under his arm, and returned to his seat.

After explaining things more, the Professor paused the class for a minute to give everyone a chance to study their new books. First Leo opened his new book, and saw that there were no spells in it. The pages were completely blank. Leo looked around, and saw the other books were blank as well. According to the Professor, they were supposed to talk to the book. Magical talking books, eh? Neat!

"Hi! I'm Leo!" He said cheerfully while looking at the blank book lying open in front of him. "Uh... wow, I've never spoken to a book before, this is new... Hopefully, we can get along well. So, since I'd rather not have to call you spellbook, what might your name be?"

Last edited:

Liltwick

Just your Sleepy FIzzy Mod
Cameron Kingston

Cameron looked around the room, it was certainly bigger than the class room on the ship, but less kids were in hear then the one's on the ship. He was tempted to lie in his bed, but the blasted germaphobe who he had to share a room with seemed to didn't know the meaning of be quiet. Sure, Cameron was normally happy, but he was trying to enjoy a day of sleep with out the chance of throwing out his back. He sat closer to the door, not trusting this magic business.

He looked at the 'spell book' in front of him, it had a wooden cover, much like a ship's deck, with sea shells burned into the cover. It sure was a nostalgic cover for him, that was a guarantee. HE opened the cover, to find nothing written inside of the book.

Of course, this is bogus trash. I've seen weirder things in the kitchen. Cameron sighed as he listened to the professor ramble on about the dangers of the spell book. Then instructed them to do some things

“Simply speak to your book and it will show you answers to your inquiries. Some of you may even be able to speak with your books telepathically. This called Instant Magic, every witch has a special ability, such as telepathy, mesmerization… or telekinesis.”

Witch? You mean the kind that are burned to ashes? Damn... This guy must of had some of the Chef's octopus stew

He lifted his book up with one hand. Slowly it lifted off his hand a few inches. Snatching his book back out of the air, he added, “It may take you a bit of time to figure out your Instant ability, but once you do, you’ll realize, it could never have been anything else. So, then, let’s take a short break before we go on, so all of you can examine your books, and ask any questions you might have.”

"Interesting..." Cameron muttered with a drowsy yawn. He looked forward to the morning, where he's more cheerful. He then opened to the spell book. Professor Gureshaw instructed them to talk to the book, and he had nothing better to do.

"Spellbook, I order thee to tell me thy name." Cameron spoke in an archaic tone, which was sort of a serious voice for him.

Billy Mays

Ace Advertiser
Xaiver Owens

Xaiver didn't really know what to say about what was currently happening. But he knew for sure that he was going to enjoy it. As much as he thought that it just couldn't be possible that magic exists, he couldn't help but hope this professor guy wasn't just pulling this stuff out of his ***. Even Arvixe was at a loss of words, and he was just a creation of Xaiver's mind.

Without a word, Xaiver got up and walked over to where the collection of spellbooks were. There were several choices, and there was no doubt that which one he picked would actually matter in the long term.

"Which one do you think I should pick up?" Xaiver asked Arvixe, not sure as to which one he should take.

Although no one else knew it, Arvixe was standing next to Xaiver, also looking at the collection. "That one;" he said, pointing to a dark red book with gold linings. "I think that one looks pretty cool."

Xaiver sighed (although no one else would know why of course), and said, "I think basing our decision on what "looks pretty cool" isn't the best of ideas, but oh well. At least I think it looks cool too." Xaiver picked up the book and flipped through a few pages. There was tons of information in it that Xaiver had never seen before, or ever will outside of the book.

Xaiver cleared his throat and spoke to the book. "Ahem...So, what is you name book? And exactly what information do you hold?" Xaiver had to admit, he felt pretty stupid talking to a book. But hey, he talks to Arvixe all the time, and he isn't even real.

"Hey! I can hear your thoughts you know!" Xaiver facepalmed. Well, that's the problem with having your best friend be a tulpa. Xaiver shrugged and awaited for the books answer.

(OoC: The italics means Xaiver is thinking to himself or is talking to Arvixe. Since Arvixe is a tulpa, his text is always in italics because only Xaiver can hear him. May sound obvious, but I just want to make sure people know.)

Last edited:

*Jean Grey*

Night Triumphant
(OOC: Lovina shoved someone to the side, it can be any of your characters if you'd like)

Lovina Castiglioni

Lovina groaned inwardly as she neared the classroom, hearing voices. She had hoped that this "crafts class" was some kind of joke but the people inside the classroom proved otherwise. What did she have to gain from arts and crafts anyway? Pushing the door open she headed inside and sat down on one of the back seats as she took in the so-called Professor. Older, like she expected and shorter than her six feet. He was dressed in a blue suit that she found rather tacky. Lovina sighed, this was probably not going to turn out well.

Witchcraft...he's effing kidding, right? She thought after the purpose for the class was explained and everyone started getting up to select their spellbooks, if that was what they were supposed to be. She got up and headed for the shelf, pushing someone out of the way as she checked out the collection, a small scowl still on her face as she waited. When it was her turn, she looked through the shelves, touching each one of them. There were covers of different colors, even pastel-toned ones, which made Lovina grimace. She hoped that hers was not one of them. After a while of looking, one book caught her eye. She took it and looked at it.

The book's leather cover was yellow. Not lemon-meringue yellow, but another, less disgusting shade. Lovina opened the book up and saw that the pages were blank, and she also noticed that the pages smelled vaguely of sulfur. Closing it again, she tucked it under her arm and headed back to her seat, throwing a glare at the others who were now behind her.

The Professor then started to talk again about the spellbooks just as Lovina reached her seat once again. More weird stuff spouted from his mouth as he went on, before ending with a few instructions.

“Simply speak to your book and it will show you answers to your inquiries. Some of you may even be able to speak with your books telepathically. This called Instant Magic, every witch has a special ability, such as telepathy, mesmerization… or telekinesis.” He finished. Lovina arched a brow and scowled. Did he just tell them to talk to inanimate objects? For her, this class was getting weirder and weirder. She looked to the front and saw some of her classmates start talking to theirs, while looking, in her opinion, extremely weird as they did. No way in hell was she going to do that.

However, she couldn't help but keep looking at the sulfur-yellow book, the urge growing as she looked at it more. Eventually, she caved in and picked it up, opening it to the first page like she saw some others did, the slight smell coming back. Not as if anyone would judge her anyway.

"Hey, the name's Lovina. You apparently talk, huh? Prove it, give me your name...unless of course, you'd like me to call you 'Yellow' or something. What's it anyway?"

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
Monster Guy: Someone may still get Crow. What’s up with everyone changing their names?

@ (Monster Guy) Leo - Henbane

Large cursive letters curled up onto the book’s pages;

Well, hello there! I’m called Henbane! Lovely isn’t it? It’s also the name of a poisonous plant, but you’ll find that we don’t have anything in common. Not like that Tempest, she’s got a bit of a mean streak, she does! Then there’s that Brimstone, so dark! Obsessed with necromancy that one! Won’t find as morbid a book anywhere, well maybe Ebony gives him a run for his money, but personally I think she’s just putting on a show to look tough.

Oh, and don’t worry, I’m sure you’ll get used to talking with me. I bet we have lots to talk about!

@ (Lost Requiem) Cameron - Driftwood

Small letters bubbled up onto the surface of the page, until the formed word;

Driftwood

Is there a way you would like me to address you Young Master?

@ (Billy Mays) Xavier - Burgundy
(I’m glad you decided Burgundy wasn’t blank to start with, because that is so Burgundy. Why be blank when you can be lavishly decorated with fancy letters?)

In response to Xavier’s request, the complex information displayed on the currently open page fade away and was replace with a greeting in fancy letters;

Good day fine student,
You may address me as Burgundy, or if you can come up with something more lavishly clever, you can call me that as well. I hope to provide you with a richness of spells that will aid in my escape from this Spartan teenager prison they call a school.

I think you’ll find that the spells I contain are of a deliciously sophisticated nature. I don’t generally brag, but I’ve got a good many spells devoted to improving the quality of one’s accommodations. I think you’ll find them quite enjoyable.

@ (Jean Grey) Lovina - Brimstone

Words scrawled across the page, the ink was old and faded looking;

It’s Brimstone, my young doubter. Please don’t call me Yellow.

I will aid you in learning a variety of magical spells and techniques, though Necromancy is my specialty.

(Um, yeah, the books have been talking to one another on the shelf, as Henbane makes clear.)

Last edited:

SenorLaughsaLot

Why So Serious ?
Lucas Kendall

Lucas was groggy from having to wake up in the middle of the night to attend to a Craft Course. He wasn't sure if it was true, but he saw other students in the same classroom. Lucas wasn't sure if he believed in magic. Although, he did believe in a bunch of other weird things. He thought he might as well give it a shot. The first instruction in this course was to pick out a spell book. A spell book... alright..., he thought.

Lucas stared at the shelf of books and decided to pick one from afar. He did't want to get near anyone on the shelf. Who knows, any one of them could be dirty, and he didn't like that. Hmm, if I'm going to choose a spell book it should be nice and clean... Ah! That's the one! Lucas got up from his seat and went on over to select his book. When he reached the shelf he was shoved by some girl. She was attractive, but that didn't stop Luke from speaking his mind. "Watch where you're going you damn klutz!" He gave her a nasty stare and reached for his book. It had a light grey leather cover and platinum corners. They were nice and clean colors for Luke.

As he went over to his seat he began to open the supposed spell book. He was a little skeptical at first, and the empty pages didn't help. "Is this some bloody joke? I take my time to come here at 12 in the morning and it's for an empty book?" The Professor then instructed, “Simply speak to your book and it will show you answers to your inquiries." He then demonstrated some magic by lifting his own book into the air by the power of telekinesis. “It may take you a bit of time to figure out your Instant ability, but once you do, you’ll realize, it could never have been anything else. So, then, let’s take a short break before we go on, so all of you can examine your books, and ask any questions you might have.”

"Oh, that should explain some things. Very well then. My name is Luke, how about yours? Can you tell me about yourself? Oh, and I apologize for thinking you were a joke as well." Luke waited for a response, hoping the book didn't despise him already. He also pondered what his latent power could be. Is it telekinesis as well? I wonder it'll show anytime soon.

Last edited:

Liltwick

(OOC: October & April(?) Are the months where name changes are ordered, they change it during November)

Cameron Kingston

Cameron's face almost lit up when he saw letters appearing on the book. The page's faded color and somewhat delicate print complemented him rather well. He looked the formed text.

Driftwood

Is there a way you would like me to address you Young Master?

The formality made him smile, that was one thing he missed on the ship, how everything was so formal... Even departures. He shook the forming thought out of his head and stared at the book mesmerized. He looked around to see other students doing the same, but their reactions were myriad. He then had a thought forming in his head

"Yes Driftwood, you can just call me Master Cameron." He liked the ring to that "What sort of magic do you specialize in, and, if you do have one, what gender would you refer to yourself. It would feel rude to call you an it..." Cameron asked his spellbook in response, wondering if the others were doing the same. He llooked around the room to just see the professor looking at them.

This is for real, I guess I have to accept my fate as a 'witch' but I don't like the sound of that, is there anything a little.. more masculine? He wondered as he waited for his spellbook to respond.

Billy Mays

Ace Advertiser
Xaiver Owens

To Xaiver's suprise and delight, the book actually responded to what he said. The text previously displayed on the book was replaced by different words, which were specifically a responce to his questions.

Good day fine student,
You may address me as Burgundy, or if you can come up with something more lavishly clever, you can call me that as well. I hope to provide you with a richness of spells that will aid in my escape from this Spartan teenager prison they call a school.

I think you’ll find that the spells I contain are of a deliciously sophisticated nature. I don’t generally brag, but I’ve got a good many spells devoted to improving the quality of one’s accommodations. I think you’ll find them quite enjoyable.

It reminded him of Rarity a bit, which he had absolutely no problem with. Xavier was starting to get the feeling that he had definately made the right choice. Even Arvixe was amazed by the talking book, and waited anxiously for Xaiver to respond to it.

"Interesting. So you dislike this school about as much as I do, huh?" Xavier thought for a moment to think of what to say next. "So, you're devoted "improving the quality of one's accommodations"? So would you specalize in creating things then?"

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
Leonardo "Leo" Silverstone

As soon as Leo made his statement, large cursive letters appeared on the pages in response.

Well, hello there! I’m called Henbane! Lovely isn’t it? It’s also the name of a poisonous plant, but you’ll find that we don’t have anything in common. Not like that Tempest, she’s got a bit of a mean streak, she does! Then there’s that Brimstone, so dark! Obsessed with necromancy that one! Won’t find as morbid a book anywhere, well maybe Ebony gives him a run for his money, but personally I think she’s just putting on a show to look tough.

Oh, and don’t worry, I’m sure you’ll get used to talking with me. I bet we have lots to talk about!

Leo's face lit up, and his eyes widened. Wow! Sure is talkative for a book. He thought with a giggle. "Heh, I'm sure we'll get along just fine." He was glad he didn't get a serious, archaic speaking one. Leo looked around the room for a bit and observed the different reactions the others had of their talking books, while he thought of what else to say.

Eventually, Leo returned his attention to the book in front of him. "Yes, we do have a lot to talk about. So, let's get started then! First, and this may sound a little strange, but are you a boy book or a girl book? With a name like Henbane, I can't tell. Also, what kind of magic do you specialize in?" His mind had started imagining all the possible things one could do with magic. From making others to smile, to being a superhero like you see in the cartoons and comics. Man, this is gonna be fun!

Last edited:

DVB

Philosopher Knight
((Darn. I wanted Sear... XD. Let's see how Ebony will be))

Diego Vendrix

Diego had been one of the students who stepped in here. To be honest, he did recognize only two people here, his friend Leo and the girl Lovrina. He came here for the Crafts class. However, he was pleasantly surprised to here it was arts and craft, but witchcraft.

Diego smiled. So magic was real. He knew it all along. It explained a few things. Like how when he was in the house alone and how he sometimes went into trances and began hearing voices. He knew he wasn't crazy... okay, he may a little crazy, but he wasn't wrong.

“Simply speak to your book and it will show you answers to your inquiries. Some of you may even be able to speak with your books telepathically. This called Instant Magic, every witch has a special ability, such as telepathy, mesmerization… or telekinesis.” Professor Gureshaw said.

Diego wondered what his was. He wondered if him hearing the voices was something part of it.

"Professor... I've been hearing voices since childhood and I've even seen a few strange things when I would go into some kinda trance. Is that a type of Instant Magic?" Diego asked before picking the tome Ebony.

"Uh... hi? I'm Diego Vendrix, nice to meet you," he said with a smile.

Sketchie

literally some guy
Chase Lewis

Chase dashed in, not wanting to sleep and risk missing midnight. He looked around, not recognizing any students, but shrugged and turned his attention to the professor. Witchcraft? he thought, Sweet! I don't remember this in my schedule, but this is cool!

Chase walked coolly to the shelf of spellbooks and looked around. He stared at each one intently, until settling on a redish-brown leather book with iron corners. He reached for the book, and held it in his hand for a while until stepping back from the shelf. He opened the leather cover, only to discover black pages. "What the..." Chase muttered to himself.

“Simply speak to your book and it will show you answers to your inquiries. Some of you may even be able to speak with your books telepathically. This called Instant Magic, every witch has a special ability, such as telepathy, mesmerization… or telekinesis,” the professor told the students gathered in the classroom.

"Instant Magic, eh?" Chase snorted while holding his book in the crook of his elbow. "Maybe that's why I keep hearing Chrisa," he joked to himself. Once the teacher announced a break, he sat down on the ground and held up his book. "So, Mr. Book, my name is Chase! What's yours? Mr. Book's kinda boring, so I'd like to know your real name.

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
~Prof Gureshaw~

The professor watched calmly as his students started to interact with the books. Things were going well. Of course they were, he was always very careful in selecting his students. After a bit a young man approached him, "Professor... I've been hearing voices since childhood and I've even seen a few strange things when I would go into some kinda trance. Is that a type of Instant Magic?"

Professor Gureshaw pondered the boy’s question a moment, “Yes, that’s quite possible, both precognitive visions and the ability to hear spirits are Instant Magic abilities. A couple of tests, such as a séances or meditative techniques might clear up which it is.”

@ (SenorLaughsaLot) Lucas - Cumulous

Large letter appeared on the page;

Hello there Lucas,
I’m called Cumulous, and let me just say, it is a pleasure to meet you! Don’t worry, I’m not easily insulted. Actually, I hope that we can both learn enough to keep me in your possession after this class, because I’ve got a good feeling about you.

My specialty, if it’s not obvious is weather related magic.

New words bubbled in below the older ones;

Alright Master Cameron,

Aside from a lot of general spells, I contain a great deal of ocean related spells and instructions for a wide collection of talismans.

I would be very pleased if you would refer to me in the masculine form, though being a book, I’m not truly male or female.

@ (Billy Mays) Xavier - Burgundy

Burgundy cleared it’s old response and new words curled onto the pages;

Truly this place is crude.

Oh, yes, creating things, changing things, making our world more comfortable and worth living in.

@ (Monster Guy) Leo - Henbane

A new slew of words assaulted Henbane’s page;

Oh, well, as far as books go, I suppose I’m very feminine. Funny, I thought it showed more than that. As far as magic goes, I’m more of a generalist’s book, I don’t have a ton of spells on any one subject, but instead have a lot more spells on a lot more subjects.

You know I find that specialty books, despite their shortcomings have a tendency to become rude or elitist, or even evil. You seem like a nice young man. Certainly wouldn’t want an evil book would you? Not that I would ever tell them that, you know?

@ (DVB) Diego - Ebony

Tiny cursive letters faded into existence on Ebony’s pages;

Hi meat bag!
If I had a title page, it would read Ebony, because I am the black book of black spells to satisfy your devious desires and please your black soul, assuming you have one. A soul that is. I’m quite certain you have devious desires.

@ (TheSketchQueen) Chase - Rusty

Rusted iron ink based welled up onto the book’s pages;

Name’s Rusty, don’t forget it, ’cause I don’t answer to anything else. No Mr. and no Book, and defiantly no Mr. Book.

Now, If you want my advice, take your time, and make sure you do everything right. O’ course if you don’t want my advice, it’s too late, ’cause you already read it.

DVB

Philosopher Knight
Diego Vendrix

“Yes, that’s quite possible, both precognitive visions and the ability to hear spirits are Instant Magic abilities. A couple of tests, such as a séances or meditative techniques might clear up which it is," Professor Gureshaw told him.

"Thank you," Diego simply said before facing his tome.

Hi meat bag!
If I had a title page, it would read Ebony, because I am the black book of black spells to satisfy your devious desires and please your black soul, assuming you have one. A soul that is. I’m quite certain you have devious desires.

Diego sweatdropped. He recieved the most evil book. Well, maybe he can still get something positive.

"I would prefer if you call me Diego. Nice to meet you Ebony. I have to say, I have a pretty white soul in your case. Do I have devious desires? Possibly, but I usually do the right thing," he explained to the tome. He had to bring the book up a bit close for him to read it. However, he would have some meditation from what he learned from Taoism to help.

"What type of magic do you specialize in?" he asked Ebony.

Last edited:

Liltwick

(OOC: What time of year is it?)
Cameron Kingston

Cameron looked down at the book again, and saw letters forming on it's page. He really liked the font style

Alright Master Cameron,

Aside from a lot of general spells, I contain a great deal of ocean related spells and instructions for a wide collection of talismans.

I would be very pleased if you would refer to me in the masculine form, though being a book, I’m not truly male or female.

"Thank you Driftwood, you seem to be a good lad, -er, book. The ocean, huh, I do sure miss that place. Hmm, if your preference is water magic, I'm excited. Also... Talismans. I'm curious, can you tell me the list of talismans you have involving scent? If I could be more certain, Ocean Scents?" Cameron asked his book again in curiosity. He was liking the book already, and it started to smell of the salty air of the sea.

He then looked at the Professor, and with no politeness asked a question from the back.

"Excuse me Professor, can you elaborate on what this Instant magic is?" Cameron asked him with a certain bluntness, but his voice was laced with a cheery tone. he also tilted his head and gave a faint smile.

Sketchie

literally some guy
Chase Lewis

Almost as soon as Chase talked to the book, rusty text started to appear onto the blank

Name’s Rusty, don’t forget it, ’cause I don’t answer to anything else. No Mr. and no Book, and defiantly no Mr. Book.

Now, If you want my advice, take your time, and make sure you do everything right. O’ course if you don’t want my advice, it’s too late, ’cause you already read it.

Chase smiled. "Alright, Rusty. Thank you, 'cause Mr. Book is just a stupid name and it doesn't fit at all," Chase told the book. "Hey, is it okay if occasionally I hear my dead sister's voice? Or am I truly crazy? Oh, and I'm gonna assume you're a guy, but please, correct me if I'm wrong." Chase stared at the book for a little while longer, running his fingers over the leather.

Chase stood up, still staring at the book, then brought his eyes off of the book for only a quick moment to look at all the students in the room. But as soon as he scanned the room, his eyes went immediately back to the book.

SenorLaughsaLot

Why So Serious ?
Lucas Kendall

Lucas stared as large letters began to appear on the page. The book was responding! He was quite excited that the book actually answered.

Hello there Lucas,
I’m called Cumulous, and let me just say, it is a pleasure to meet you! Don’t worry, I’m not easily insulted. Actually, I hope that we can both learn enough to keep me in your possession after this class, because I’ve got a good feeling about you.

My specialty, if it’s not obvious is weather related magic.

You have a good feeling about me? I think I just might like you. "Your name's Cumulous, eh? That's nice, like cumulus clouds. Is weather magic all you know? Not that I don't think it's uncool or anything... I have a good feeling about you too."

Lucas was excited to have an actual spellbook in his possession. All the wonderful things he could do with it. He began to form a smile, but quickly dismissed it and returned to his more usual, serious look. He then remembered the talk the professor gave on instant magic and had to ask how he can somehow activate his. He heard others asking questions on the same topic and heard the answers. None of them seemed to answer his, so he went up to the Professor himself.

"I would like to know more as well, Professor Gureshaw, do you know a way I can find out mine?"

(OOC: Is it alright if Lost's character and mine are roommates?)

Last edited:

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
~Prof Gureshaw~

The boy thanked Professor Gureshaw and another young man came forward to ask a question, "Excuse me Professor, can you elaborate on what this Instant magic is?"

“Alright,” accepted the Professor, this was good opportunity to lecture some more, “See, instant magic is a special technique that witches can use without performing spells, making potions, or constructing talismans. It’s called Instant because it doesn’t take any preparation and therefore can be used right away. Everyone’s powers is unique, but they usually fall into categories. I for example have Telekinesis and can levitate objects as many other witches do, but exactly how big of objects, how high, or how fast I can levitate objects is unique to me. Some of the most common Instant magic techniques are; telepathy, wild speech, spirit contact, telekinesis, and mesmerization. On very rare occasions a witch will have more than one Instant ability.”

The professor slipped out his pocket watch and checked it. He’d give the kids a few more minutes.

@ (DVB) Diego - Ebony

Ebony’s letters faded out as new ones faded in;

Oh of course Saint Deigo,
Well, I suppose I have a few spells that could help out a goodie-goodie like you too.

(let’s go with September)

Driftwood’s pages cleared and a list of spells appeared;

Of course:

Ocean Spirit Talisman - The perfect Talisman for those who love the ocean!

Fundamental Talisman - No Talisman collection is complete without the Cologne Charm, it makes you smell any way you wish. Fundamental Talismans compiled by Edgar Mann.

Master might also try a potion:

Bottle Ocean - A cheap easy way to have the ocean wherever you are with just a splash of bottled ocean potion.

@ (TheSketchQueen) Chase - Rusty

New words formed under the old ones. The old ones started to fade, but were still readable in ghostly orange when the new ones had fully formed:

Not gonna pass judgment just yet, ’cause I don’t know if you’re talking to someone who’s there or not, but I think you best keep that stuff to yourself until you’re sure…

And yes, I like to think I take a certain pride in my masculinity.

DVB

Philosopher Knight
Diego Vendrix
Tome- Ebony

Diego listened to the list of Instant Magic and how it worked from the Professor. He didn't think his fit any until Spirit Contact was mentioned. Hmm... that sounded like it would be his.

"Professor, what is Spirit Contact?" Diego asked him with a smile. Before facing down on the book. Diego rolled his eyes at his tome.

Oh of course Saint Deigo,
Well, I suppose I have a few spells that could help out a goodie-goodie like you too.

"Look, just tell me some of the spells you would recommend, a mix of light and dark," Diego told Ebony. Dark was not evil and light was not good necessairly. He knew it was a risk dabbling in dark magic, but he felt he could control it.

Sketchie

literally some guy
Chase Lewis
Tome - Rusty

The rusty ink faded as new letters appeared in the same color and writing.

Not gonna pass judgment just yet, ’cause I don’t know if you’re talking to someone who’s there or not, but I think you best keep that stuff to yourself until you’re sure…

And yes, I like to think I take a certain pride in my masculinity.

Chase laughed a little at the new comment. "So, I may or may not be crazy. That's a relief. Nice to know you're a guy too. Personally, I think it would be weird to have a girly spellbook," he replied to the book, keeping it open in case any new messages arrived, but walked over to the professor. "Hey, Prof, is there anything in instant magic that might relate to me hearing my dead sister, or am I just crazy?" he asked, his eyes looking down at his book occasionally.

Last edited: