• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~Prof. Gureshaw’s Midnight Course~

Liltwick

Just your Sleepy FIzzy Mod
Cameron Kingston
Professor Gureshaw's Classroom

Cameron almost giggled in delight when he saw his book start writing again

Bottle Ocean - A cheap easy way to have the ocean wherever you are with just a splash of bottled ocean potion.

You will need:
A large bottle with seal
Smaller bottles and seals if desired
4 cups seawater
1 Tsp dried seaweed flakes
1 Tbsp sand
1 small shell, ground
3 drops siren blood

Mix all ingredient in the large bottle. Place in a dark place to settle overnight. Potion may be poured into smaller bottles for transport. One spoonful splashed onto the user simulates the ocean’s breeze and sounds for them until the potion evaporates.

Warning: Intentional overdoses, much more than a spoonful, may result in a delusional state.

"Thank you very much driftwood... I think I have most of that in my bags, as mementos. As long as it isn't shells I have to use, I'm fine. Though, I'm curious about the siren's blood... where am I going to find that?" He asked Driftwood, doing a mental check off of what he had in his bags. HE was wondering if he should mix it in the vail, or somewhere else. While pondering, he saw a boy's hand up, and asked a question

“Professor, I don't think everyone would be that bad. After all, you entrusted all of us with these books. This may sound like a cliche, but surely there must be some good people in the world we can trust. And I'd like to think I'm a pretty good judge of character."

“I‘m sure many of you are good judges of character,” agreed the Professor, “But you are still teenagers, not much trained in magic, so for the time being it would be safest to exercise as much caution as possible. It’s not that no one is trustworthy, it's that finding out who is trustworthy by trial and error may be a grave mistake. Many experienced witches are capable of disguising themselves as the sweet and innocent, and the familiar.”

“As for me trusting the lot of you with these spell books, no magical education would be possible without such an exchange, but rest assured, I do have safeguards in place.”

“Alright, let’s wrap this up,” announce the professor stuffing his book under one arm, “Homework, when you show up tomorrow, I want each of you to have selected one spell you’re going to try this week, okay?”

A simple spell, well... What about turning salt water into fresh water, or vice versa? It would be helpful at see when he run low on water supplies. I could make an excuse, but people might get suspicious. Well, even I had to lie at one point. Cameron giggled at the though, and readjusted his glasses so he could see better.

"Also Driftwood, could you tell me a spell on how to turn fresh water into salt water please?" Cameron asked the book as he got up, grabbing the open book. He didn't want to close it, just encase it faded away.

Sketchie

literally some guy
Chase Lewis
Tome - Rusty

As Chase was waiting for the book to reply, one boy's hand flew up into the air. “Professor, I don't think everyone would be that bad. After all, you entrusted all of us with these books. This may sound like a cliche, but surely there must be some good people in the world we can trust. And I'd like to think I'm a pretty good judge of character."

“I‘m sure many of you are good judges of character,” agreed the Professor, “But you are still teenagers, not much trained in magic, so for the time being it would be safest to exercise as much caution as possible. It’s not that no one is trustworthy, it's that finding out who is trustworthy by trial and error may be a grave mistake. Many experienced witches are capable of disguising themselves as the sweet and innocent, and the familiar.”

“As for me trusting the lot of you with these spell books, no magical education would be possible without such an exchange, but rest assured, I do have safeguards in place.”

“Alright, let’s wrap this up,” announced the professor, “Homework, when you show up tomorrow, I want each of you to have selected one spell you’re going to try this week, okay?"

Chase mumbled a quick okay before looking back at the book and watching the old letters fade, barely readable, and new letters appearing.

Yep, I do. Let’s see:

Double Hidden Cache - Hide stuff where even someone who knows it’s there can’t find their way in.

Magic Box - The extra dimensional spaces of this box makes hiding things a snap.

Bootlegger Bottle - This bottle pours out moonshine (or other substances) when you want it to, and water when you don’t.

Chase looked over them chuckling at the last option. "Well, the Double Hidden Cache sounds interesting. Will you show me that one? Oh, and... is there any way you can fill up your pages with words? Like, to make you look like a normal book?" He said, standing up and heading for the door.

BAlightning

Ethan Hunter
Tome- Tempest

A list started to appear on the page, but as Ethan started to read it another student spoke up. He said something about how there must be some people that could be trusted. Gureshaw simply replied that there are trustworthy people, but for at least right now they should err on the side of caution. Ethan couldn't help but agree with him. While he may doubt that a modern day witch hunt may happen, it's better to not tempt fate.

The Professor then gave out the assignment to pick out a spell to attempt this week, by tomorrow. Well, first thing first was that Ethan had to look at what kind of spells Tempest had reccomended for hidding. So Ethan looked down at her and started to read the discriptions of the spells.

Fundamental Talismans, No. 14 - No collection of charms and talismans is complete without a talisman to protect you from mind control. Fundamental Talismans compiled by Edgar Mann.

Fundamental Talismans, No. 23 - No collection of charms and talismans is complete without a talisman to protect your belongings. Fundamental Talismans compiled by Edgar Mann.

Letter Trap - Capture intruders in a storm of book pages.

Watchmonster - Who needs a watchdog, when you could have a monster?

Magic Box - The extra dimensional spaces of this box makes hiding things a snap.

As he looked over the spells he immediately discarded the idea of using Letter Trap, as it seemed like something that would cause unnecessary damage to the book. Ethan did express some interest to the Watchmonster, more out of curiosity than anything else. It seemed like it would be far too conspicious for what he was looking for, but he might ask Tempest about the spell later. Both of the Fundamental Talismans looked important and Ethan thought that he would probably make them in the near future. Out of all of the spells the Magic Box seemed to be most like what he was looking for.

"Thank you Tempest. Now could you give me more information on the Magic Box?"

He then paused to think. This assignment that Gureshaw assigned might involve should the finished project. It was probably the case that the less people that knew about his security, the better. It wasn't as if Ethan believed that his classmates would steal Tempest, but one of the Talismans she showed Ethan was to block against mind control.

Because of this he added, "Maybe you could also include a list of a few simple spells?"

SenorLaughsaLot

Why So Serious ?
(OOC: This was a collaborated effort between me and Lost Requiem. I should also warn you that there's language [although it's censored].)

Lucas Kendall
Tome- Cumulous

Cumulous seemed like a laptop coming out of sleep as large letters popped onto the page;

Well of course I do!
Simplest enough is emergency lockout! Choose a password and once you’ve said it I won’t respond to anyone who doesn’t know it, even if they manage to make themselves sound like you! All you have to do is say “Cumulous, lockout” then give me the password you want to use.

I could also use Letter Trap to protect myself if you wish, but I’d rather not.

"The lockout is fine, I won't force you to do anything you don't want to," Luke suddenly got quieter, " Now, about those other books, you got anything?"

The letters began to dissolve and new ones took it's place.

… Yes, unfortunately, you can’t trust every book. Crow and Sear are a bit mischievous, and Ebony and Brimstone tends to lean towards darker magic, the book whose spells you really need to watch out for are Tempest’s!

Luke read the names of the books to himself, "Crow, Sear, Ebony, Brimstone, and Tempest... now if I could find the holders of these books."

The professor began to wrap up the introductory class and assigned homework to all his students. “Homework, when you show up tomorrow, I want each of you to have selected one spell you’re going to try this week, okay?”

Luke returned to his book, "Thank you so much for all the help you've given me so far, Cumulous. I'm going to have to ask you for another favor. Can you find a spell that you think would best suit a beginner like me? Anything you come up with should be fine."

Finished with his request, Luke raised from his seat with Cumulous open in his arms. Another student happened to be near him and he abruptly bumped into him. "Watch where you're going you bloody oaf! The second damn person today. Now I need a shower." He quickly closed Cumulous and put it under his arm. The other student spoke.

"Hey, aren't you my roommate? Also, stop hogging the damn shower! You know how long I've been killing for a stable shower?" Oh, it's this guy... what was his name... Camden?

"Well, excuse me for trying to stay f****** clean! You're just gonna have to deal with it if you're staying with me!"

"You bloody ninny, I'd like to see you scrim and write on a boat." What? Luke retaliated, "Do I care about that? I don't have to waste my time with the likes of you when I could be in the shower!" Infuriated, Lucas stormed off to get to his room, stomping hard enough to be heard. Cameron followed right behind and yelled out as he chased him. "Hey! Don't leave me here. I'm not like that, I promise!" As soon as he caught up to Luke he crashed into him, sending Cumulous flying, as well as Cameron's glasses.

"Cumulous!" Luke rushed to pick up his beloved book while Cameron attempted to catch his glasses, prompting him to land on Luke.

"Get off of me you little s***! Stop touching me! I hate it!" Luke was flailing. He absolutely hates being touched. Just the thought of the possible amount of germs being exchanged made him squirm. "Hey, you bastard, I'm a klutz, and weren't you the one who bumped into me first?", said Cameron in a teasing tone. Do you think this is a mother f****** game?

"No, you're much more than a f****** klutz! You went chasing after me! Just stay away! I can't be touched again!" Luke had already grabbed Cumulous and is now clutching it, and himself, tightly. He was going to have a panic attack.

"Uh, excuse me? I was going to OUR room. Jeez, you need to lighten up a bit, I mean, it's not like we're being watched an' analysed the entire time, right?" Cameron laughed and smiled as he put on his glasses. He also went to pick up his book. He checked it for a bit and put it back in his satchel.

Germs... Germs... Camden's fault... GERMS. That was all that was floating through Luke's thoughts. Thinking about it made Luke feel a mix of both frustration and panic. "Stop... Just leave me alone! Stop being such a kiss a** and f*** off!" He had no choice but to run and take a shower, immediately. Like before, Cameron went after him, but between them now was the bathroom door.

"You bloody moron," yelled Cameron, trying to get his voice through the door and the sound of the running shower. His voice suddenly got softer, "you wouldn't... understand." He laid against the dresser and fell asleep crying.

About an hour later, Luke was finally finished with his shower. He looked down at Cameron asleep against the dresser. Damn nit wit, caused all this trouble. He let out a slight scoff and went to his bed. Before even lying down, he prepared his bed by arranging the pillows, folding the sheets in the appropriate way, flattening out any creases, and finally slipping in. Before dozing off he remembered Cumulous. "Cumulous, lockout-", he thought for a moment of a password he could use,"nit wit. I'll check you in the morning."

Last edited:

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
Guys it’s now just after 1 am in game time! Head to your rooms and get some sleep, so we can all wake up!

@ (Lost Requiem) Cameron - Driftwood

Letters bubbled up onto the page;

Short of going out to sea in search of sirens, you might ask the Professor, he’s an experienced witch after all.

He answered the second question in what could be considered a mocking manner;

Have you considered dumping salt into it?

@ (TheSketchQueen) Chase - Rusty

Rusty’s words fade in again;

Double Hidden Cache - Hide stuff where even someone who knows it’s there can’t find their way in.

You will need:
A place to dig
A shovel
A board
1/2 cup huckleberries
1 cup alcohol
2 plant fertilizer sticks
Leather canteen
A silver knife

First crush the huckleberries and mix them with the alcohol in your canteen. Next crush the fertilizer and stir it in.

Now, unfortunately, you got to dig a hole large enough to hid what you need. Fill the hole with what you wish to hide. Next take the board and place it over the hole. Now, take the huckleberry mixture and drip it over the board and any remaining soil form the hole. By morning grass should have covered the board, and even on your hands and knees, you won’t be able to locate the board.

Now here’s the trick. Jam your silver knife into the ground and the edge of the board will make itself known.

A double space lower, Rusty added;

Easily done, and the rest of the pages filled with random snippets that appeared to be a ranch hand’s personal journal.

@ (Balightning) Ethan - Tempest

Tempest’s pages fluttered slightly, then filled with new information;

You will need:
A small box or chest, the more doors and drawers the better
1 sheet origami paper per door/drawer
Rag
Oil
White string or ribbon

Open all doors and drawers on your box. Fold the origami papers in fourths and stuff them into the openings. Shut all doors and drawers, then use you rag to coat the entire box in oil. Wrap the string (or ribbon) around the box several times, while saying ‘spiritus Spatium’ seven times. Unwrap your box. Open the drawers/doors and you should find that the origami papers are gone, close and open them again and there they’ll be!

I think these spells may suit your needs:
Confusion Custard
Pep-me-up lemonade
Shadowganger
That Thing in the Mirror
Fundamental Talismans, No. 2
Nightmare pillow
Cloud Call
Alchemy Plans: Thimble
Alchemy Plans: Counterfeit Penny
Alchemy Plans: Bat Shaped Buttons

@ (SenorLaughsaLot) Lucas - Cumulous

You could try Spring Rain, it causes a short shower. Ingredients are easy to find and there’s not many of them. suggested Cumulous just as the fight broke out.

Later, in reaction to the lockout spell, Cumulous’ pages went completely blank.

Last edited:

DVB

Philosopher Knight
Diego Vendrix
Tome- Ebony

Diego took some breaths to calm him down. Wouldn't be good to panic like this. He needed to remain calm cool and open about this situation. He sighed once more before observing what Ebony told him.

Getting paranoid, are we? How about these?

Triple Lock - Lock any room, and be triply sure it stays secure.

Crescent Moon - Attach this beautiful talisman to your bag when you go out to detour thieves.

Fundamental Talismans, No. 23 - No collection of charms and talismans is complete without a talisman to protect your belongings. Fundamental Talismans compiled by Edgar Mann.

Spell Lock - Someone undoing your spell? Then lock them out!

Crescent Moon sounded good, so did Talisman 23 and Spell Lock. However, he needed to find out what this book could do.

"Show me some examples of your... darker magic," Diego whispered quietly as he noted the time. He then pondered. "Which of the tomes here do you think is the most dangerous?" he whispered before going to Leo.

He smiled before telling Leo good night and he headed off to his room, waiting for Ebony's answers.

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
@ (DVB) Diego - Ebony

Ebony answered the second question first;

Tempest…

Gut Grinder - Basic instructions for summoning a carrion eating monster, good if you have a body that needs hiding.

Curling Poison - Your enemies will wither away with just a couple drops of curling poison.

That Thing in the Mirror - Want to scare someone good? A possessed mirror is a surefire shock!

*Jean Grey*

Night Triumphant
Lovina Castiglioni
Tome - Brimstone

Almost immediately, Brimstone's page cleared and a new set of words appeared in reply to Lovina's question.

Animate Bones - This spell gives the user the ability to use skeletons as puppets.

You will need:
A source of bones - such as those from a food animal or a cemetery
Powdered mummy
A amethyst amulet
An easily portable instrument

You will need to wear the amethyst while performing this spell. Sprinkle mummy over the bones, or graves of bones, you wish to control. On your instrument, play the following melody:
A short and simple music sheet appeared in the instructions.

Imagine the bone’s actions in you mind as you play, and watch what happens!

Bones will stop moving if you stop playing, so make sure to get them back in their graves.

Speaking Skulls - Need a good laugh, or to entertain some morbid friends? Make some speaking skulls!

You will need:
1 or more skulls
Powdered mummy
A amethyst amulet
1 book per skull

You will need to wear the amethyst while performing this spell. Set each skull on top of a book and sprinkle them with mummy. Will them to speak, and they will speak out the words of the books you have placed them on.

Lovina looked at the spells, noticing that the both of them required an amethyst amulet. They didn't seem too difficult from the look of it, except for gathering the bones and obtaining said amulet. Meanwhile, she heard someone speak up once again.

“Professor, I don't think everyone would be that bad. After all, you entrusted all of us with these books. This may sound like a cliche, but surely there must be some good people in the world we can trust. And I'd like to think I'm a pretty good judge of character." Lovina looked up and saw that it was her cheerful and admittedly attractive, but dumb-as-rocks classmate once again. She growled a bit as he spoke. In her mind, she could not fathom why the heck he was so...sunny and positive, like diabetes. Professor Gureshaw replied, cautioning him as he did. After this, he assigned homework, asking his class to select one spell each for tomorrow's class before dismissing them.

Lovina got up and closed Brimstone, tucking it (him?) under her left arm as she headed for the door. A loud commotion erupted between two of her classmates, which caused her to look back at them. Both were blond and looked strangely familiar to her, though she couldn't place a finger on it. One was dressed in what seemed to be formal clothes and the other was wearing a sailor suit.

Idiots who couldn't also dress themselves...what a day. She thought as she left the classroom and headed back in the direction of her dorm room, thinking about what spell she was going to prepare.

Bones, skulls...is there a graveyard nearby? Or should I just go with chicken bones? Are those even good starting spells?

Once she reached her room, she locked her door and undressed, putting on her black silk robe and climbing on her bed. Taking her Macbook from her nightstand as well as a CD containing one of her guilty pleasures, the show Axis Powers Hetalia, she slipped it into the slot and waited for the player to load. Placing Brimstone on top of the keyboard, she opened it once again and asked her question.

"Amethyst amulet? Where could I get my hands on one? Also...are my choices good enough for tomorrow's homework, or is there a better starting spell?" She asked, before she saw her media player finish loading. Keeping Brimstone open, she selected a random episode and played it. A few minutes into the episode, the characters onscreen caught her eye. Pausing the video, she looked at them. Both characters were blonde, one much younger than the other. England and Sealand...why did they remind her of...

"Sh**, don't tell me I'm classmates with the Kirkland Bros!" She whispered under her breath, realizing the resemblance to her two fighting classmates, before laughing to herself as she waited for Brimstone's reply. They definitely were not going to live that down.

Last edited:

PeeGee

ROAWR!
Diego 'DD' Derekson

I was not aware that Flora was considered girly, but I would not mind having a dust jacket.

I am known as Hemlock, and store a great deal of traditional magic, so since your inquires are of a classic sort, I certainly have magic instructions to accommodate them. I also contain instructions for quite a bit of healing and prophetic magic.

A smile lit up on DD's face, with spells he could get all the girls to like him! Then he could be top of the school and everyone would be so jealous of him. A womanizer of the ages, and there was totally no way that this could possibly go wrong, was there?

"Well Hemlock," said the big lad, "I do think that this will end up being a worthwhile partnership. But first I need to get you a new cover. I don't want people to get the wrong idea about me."

DD closed Hemlock and left, it was starting to get a bit late after all. And he needed to get enough sleep so that he could soon become the ultimate ladies man!

"Hey Hemlock, when I wake up I want to see a list of spells that will help me win over the ladies," said DD as he drifted off to sleep.

Sketchie

literally some guy
Chase Lewis
Professor Gureshaw's Classroom ---> Chase's dorm
Tome - Rusty

Chase watched as ink welled up onto Rusty's pages, eventually forming words.

You will need:
A place to dig
A shovel
A board
1/2 cup huckleberries
1 cup alcohol
2 plant fertilizer sticks
Leather canteen
A silver knife

First crush the huckleberries and mix them with the alcohol in your canteen. Next crush the fertilizer and stir it in.

Now, unfortunately, you got to dig a hole large enough to hid what you need. Fill the hole with what you wish to hide. Next take the board and place it over the hole. Now, take the huckleberry mixture and drip it over the board and any remaining soil form the hole. By morning grass should have covered the board, and even on your hands and knees, you won’t be able to locate the board.

Now here’s the trick. Jam your silver knife into the ground and the edge of the board will make itself known.

A couple spaces lower, the leather book started "writing" again.

Easily done

All the sudden, the book's empty pages turned into random scribbles of writing, making it look like a journal from the Old West.

"Sweet..." Chase whispered. But as everyone left, the excitement filling the air dimmed, and Chase's energy went with it. "Okay, Rusty. I really need to go to bed..." he yawned, and he closed the book gently. He walked back to the boy's dorm and into his room. His roommate, a darker skinned boy named Michael, was fast asleep on one of the beds. Bleary-eyed, Chase snorted. "I should probably do the same..." he said as he crawled into bed. He put Rusty beside him, and fell asleep murmuring a 'goodnight' and putting his hand on the book.

Last edited:

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
Leonardo "Leo" Silverstone
Professor Grueshaw's classroom ---> Leo's dorm room
Tome - Henbane

"I‘m sure many of you are good judges of character,” agreed the Professor, “But you are still teenagers, not much trained in magic, so for the time being it would be safest to exercise as much caution as possible. It’s not that no one is trustworthy, it's that finding out who is trustworthy by trial and error may be a grave mistake. Many experienced witches are capable of disguising themselves as the sweet and innocent, and the familiar.”

“Alright, let’s wrap this up,” announced the professor stuffing his book under one arm, “Homework, when you show up tomorrow, I want each of you to have selected one spell you’re going to try this week, okay?”

Leo nodded, then looked to see what Henbane had to say.

Oh boy! Tin Star is a great starting project! I bet you’ll want to get started right away!

Tin Star - Make your very own lucky star! This light luck boosting talisman has little to no Pendulum Effect!

You will need:
A sheet of tin (you can use a flattened can as well, but it may not be as pretty)
Metal snips
Hammer and nail, or small drill
Copper tape
Solder
Flux
Paint brush
Soldering Iron
Chain or thread to hang your star from

This is a fairly simple project. First take your metal snips and cut a star from the tin sheet. Make a hole to attach your chain or thread to later using the nail and hammer, or drill. You may pound designs into your star with metal tools is desired. Wrap the edges of your star in copper wire, paint flux onto the copper tape, and melt solder into the copper. Attach you chain or thread and your star is ready to go!

Leo smiled. He didn't have all these things in his room, but It just so happened that he had shop class...this afternoon. Where he'd be able to get all the things necessary to make a Tin Star. "Perfect! Thank you!" he said as he took out his Cell Phone, and took a picture of the page with the camera so he wouldn't have to take the book out during class. Then he closed the book, tucked her under his arm, and made his way to his room. Smiling and saying good night to his friend Diego when he bumped into him along the way.

---

Once Leo got to his room, he undressed and changed into his pajamas, which basically consisted of a pair of red boxers, and nothing else. He often forgets to close the window when he gets dressed, and his room just happened to be across from the girl's dorm, giving any female nearby who happened to have their window open a pretty good view. He didn't realize it was open until after he finished undressing. He went to draw the blinds, not that it mattered all that much now. He figured no one would be up anyway.

Then he went to the shelf where he kept a collection of plushies he brought with him. He had the Teddy bear he's had since he was a kid that he slept with every night, as well as his collection of My Little Pony plushies. He didn't have the complete set yet, so far he only had Rarity, Pinkie Pie, and Celestia. He was still missing Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, Twilight Sparkle, Luna, the elusive Derpy Hooves, (that particular one was rare, he wasn't sure it even existed) as well as several other characters.

He grabbed the bear, and said goodnight to the ponies. Before going to bed, he walked up to his nightstand, and opened up Henbane one last time. "Hey Henbane, The Professor asked us to pick a Spell to try this week. Will this Tin Star be good enough for that, or is there another one I should try? Also, can you fill up with words to look like a normal book? In case anyone does find this, they won't get suspicious."

After getting the answer, he thanked Henbane, closed the book, hopped into bed, cuddled his bear, then went to sleep.

(OOC: Xavier isn't the only Brony on Campus. ;))

Last edited:

*Jean Grey*

Night Triumphant
(OOC: I'll have it so that Vina already saw the answer before going to bed. XD That way, it wouldn't be difficult to move on.)

Lovina Castiglioni
Dorm Room
Tome - Brimstone

Lovina looked at Brimstone's page, reading its reply before looking up. To her side, she noticed that she had failed to remember to close her window. Cursing under her breath, she got down from her bed, leaving Brimstone and her laptop as she headed for her open window. She was about to close it, but however, a strange sight caught her eye from the boys' dorm just across. Another open window and an undressing male right in front of it, in plain sight. Lovina tried not to look, but she couldn't help but recognize who exactly he was. Third strike for that same guy, all in one night.

Idiota! Why don't you close your window! It's not as if you're that hot or all that! You're just another stupid imbecile!

Lovina did not know it, but she was blushing fiercely. Her face turned red as she saw his muscular arms and toned abs on full display while he slipped off his jeans, leaving himself in a pair of red boxers. Shaking her head quickly as she tried to rid herself of her blush, she looked back up at him and gave him the finger, moments before he drew the blinds. She turned away from the window and undid the ribbon holding her ponytail. The nerve of that boy...

Once she was back in bed, she closed her laptop and placed it in her nightstand's drawer and took her bottle of prescription pills. She reopened Brimstone and sighed.

"Thanks, I guess. Now...I don't want any nosy idiot peeking through you and finding out who you are. So, can you please...make your words into that of a Stephen King horror novel instead?" She said, waiting until the text morphed before she closed the book and hid it under her bed for the night. After popping a pill into her mouth, she allowed her head to rest on her pillow, turning off her nightlight as she did.

DVB

Philosopher Knight
Diego Vendrix
Tome- Ebony

Diego locked his door when he entered the room. He made a mental note to see if there was a spell to protect his room. He laid on his bed and read what Ebony had spoken.

Tempest…

"Tempest..." Diego said. He seem to recall a book like that. He needed to find out who it was though. He needed to be careful.

Gut Grinder - Basic instructions for summoning a carrion eating monster, good if you have a body that needs hiding.

Curling Poison - Your enemies will wither away with just a couple drops of curling poison.

That Thing in the Mirror - Want to scare someone good? A possessed mirror is a surefire shock!

Gut Grinder sounded gruesome and so did Curling Poison. The mirror one sounded hilarious though. Yet he felt... disappointed.

"What is your speciality, Ebony? I mean, each book more or less has one. Even dark magic has different branches such as toxins, necromancy and so on," Diego elaborated.

Billy Mays

Ace Advertiser
Xavier Owens
Tome - Burgundy

Xavier could notice that everyone else was leaving, so he picked up his things and went on his way to his room. He checked "Rarity" again while he walked.

Oh,well… I suppose that is a good question, but there are so many things to consider. I think could see myself enjoying being a man, or a woman, if I wasn’t a book, you know. I guess I’ll have to get back to you on that.

As for your spells:

Alchemy Plans: Metal Rings - Make sparkling rings for yourself or your sweetheart out of old metal scraps.

You will need:
A hard floor
White chalk
Metal scraps
One of the diagrams below

Draw one of the diagrams below on the floor with the chalk, depending on which ring you want to make. Place enough metal for a ring in the center of the design (about a coin’s worth will do in most cases). Chant, ex hoc metalli anulus fieri, until the metal starts to glow, within seconds it should transform.

Below the instructions appeared three diagrams, the first for a plain round ring. The second for a flat ring with wavy patterns engraved in it, and the third for a ring or three woven bands.

Alchemy Plans: Fancy Pillow - Silk, Velvet, or Satin, this may be the nicest pillow you ever own.

You will need:
A hard floor
White chalk
A nice fabric
Thread
Yarn
Pillow stuffing

Draw the diagram below on the floor. Place your materials in the center and chant; pillow fieri ex istis, until the materials begin to glow.

Another diagram appears below it for the pillow. Just as he finsihed reading, he got to his dorm and went inside. Thankfully, he didn't have to share a room with anyone, so he didn't need to sneak around. His room was rather simple, but he had a few accessories lying here and there, including two posters on his wall. One was a Team Fortress 2 poster, the other a My Little Pony one. Xavier pulled out a spare notebook (he always had a spare one on hand) and a pencil and wrote down the recipes.

After writing them down, he asked, "Hey Rarity. You have any spells for hiding objects, or spells that add extra space to something, kinda like a Bag of Holding? Also, do you have a more immediate way to hide yourself, because I don't think I could do anything about it tonight." He assumed calling the book Rarity would be alright considering that Burgundy didn't tell him otherwise.

Arvixe sat at the empty chair over by the desk Xavier's custom made computer was on. He was being unusually quiet at the moment; most of the time he always has something to comment on, but now he just waited and watched. Xavier asked, "Hey Arvixe, what do you think my "instant magic" power thing that the Professor mentioned is? Personally, I think its Telepathy."

"What makes you think that? Have you been reading people's minds?" Arvixe responded. Xavier just assumed he must have not been able to think of anything earlier.

"That's mind reading Arvixe, not telepathy. And no, but I think its a logical guess. I'm intelligent, and use my thoughts alot. Plus, there's you. Its not like just anyone can make a tulpa you know. Just saying, I think Telepathy would make a hell of a lot more sense than something like being able to talk to spirits, or being able to mezmerize people."

Arvixe nodded in responce, then continued to stare off into space. Even though I'm generally a night owl, I was getting pretty tired at this point, so after I found a way to hide Rarity I'd turn in for the night.

Liltwick

Just your Sleepy FIzzy Mod
(OOC: Doing the events of Senor's post from Cameron's view)

Cameron Kingston
Hallway
Driftwood

Cameron felt something crash into him as he got up. He almost seemed to have fallen over, he quickly regained his ground. He heard a voice yell at him when he got a little clear headed

"Watch where you're going you bloody oaf! The second damn person today. Now I need a shower." He quickly closed his textbook and put it under his arm.

Wait... Isn't he my roommate? Well... I got a bone to pick with him

"Hey, aren't you my roommate? Also, stop hogging the damn shower! You know how long I've been killing for a stable shower?" Cameron seemed to yell at him

"Well, excuse me for trying to stay f****** clean! You're just gonna have to deal with it if you're staying with me!" The other seemed to boom in comparison to him.

Is he one of those neat freaks!? Damn, I did get stuck with a prick... Well, wasn't his name Lucas or something?

"You bloody ninny, I'd like to see you scream and writhe on a boat." Lukas retaliated, "Do I care about that? I don't have to waste my time with the likes of you when I could be in the shower!" Infuriated, the boy stormed off to get to his room, stomping hard enough to be heard. Cameron quickly closed his book and ran towards him, yelling "Hey! Don't leave me here. I'm not like that, I promise!"

He tripped over a loose floorboard, sending his glasses flying, as he caught it, he slammed into Luke.Both of the spellbooks were sent flying into the air, and Cameron quickly caught Driftwood while Luke was retrieving his.

"Get off of me you little s***! Stop touching me! I hate it!"They boy under him was flailing. Cameron got off, and started to head towards the room, leaving behind a "Hey, you bastard, I'm a klutz, and weren't you the one who bumped into me first?"in a teasing tone.

"No, you're much more than a f****** klutz! You went chasing after me! Just stay away! I can't be touched again!" Luke had already grabbed his book and is now clutching it, and himself, tightly. He looked like he was flustered and panicked. Though, did he see something on his cheeks, or was it Cameron's imagination?

W-what!? Man, he needs to lighten up... I mean, seriously, his he that blind to not know that we have bacteria all over our body?

"Uh, excuse me? I was going to OUR room. Jeez, you need to lighten up a bit, I mean, it's not like we're being watched an' analysed the entire time, right?" Cameron laughed and smiled as he put on his glasses. He then checked his book and put it into his satchel.

"Stop... Just leave me alone! Stop being such a kiss a** and f*** off!" Luke sprinted past them, and went into their room. He seemed to have closed the bathroom door just as Cameron arrived. He was a little agitated, and hurt by the comment.

"You bloody moron," Cameron tried to yell at him, but the water probably drowning him out. He suddenly got soft, a forgotten memory reaching his head "you wouldn't... understand." He laid against the dresser crying.

~
"Cameron! Wait up!" The teacher yelled at him as he walked out of the door. It was their teacher, Ms. Amagi. Even though she was born and raised in japan, and was roughly around his age, she still got the job done. She was also very attractive herself, but was a stern and good teacher.

"What is it? Cameron closed his eyes and gave her a heartwarming smile, his blond hair seemingly moved off his eyes. He was wearign the standard uniform, though, a dirty one, as the laundry was still being done, so a ketchup stain was on it's right arm.

"I have to say... I'm sorry for your loss..." She said wit ha concerned voice. She always cared for her students.

"It's fine. We both knew our lives were at risk, but it had to be down... THe sacrafice of one is better then us all dying? We both understood that." Cameron told her. She looked at him in shock

"I don't understand... How you could be so cheery and optimistic when you saw something like that happen in front of you... It's only been one day, but you look better then every. I don't understand..." She told him, in shock.

"I have to be strong, Ms. Amagi. We all live and die, and even if I'm crying on the inside, I have to stay strong. I... want to make people happy... that's all." He responded to her, a single, crystal tear falling from his cheek.

"You know, you can call me Sakura if you want. We're friends after all. I'm only about seven years older than you? Well, besides that... some of the other students have been calling you a freak. I jsut wanted to let you know... even though you're enduring such hard times. I can... understand that there are people like you, always robust and looking towards the future, but others don't do that. I'll... see you soon." She told him with a heartfelt smile, before walking away. That realization hit him harder than a wave could ever do. He silently walked to his dorm room, and cried himself to sleep.

~

As soon as it left him, he checked his book.

Short of going out to sea in search of sirens, you might ask the Professor, he’s an experienced witch after all.

He answered the second question in what could be considered a mocking manner;

Have you considered dumping salt into it?

Tears fell onto the old pages, and he silently cursed the book

"Alright... Thanks.

For the second one... I was serious. Is there a way to transform salt water into fresh water, and vice versa?" Cameron asked before drifting off into sleep, leaving the book open in his lap.

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
@ (Jean Grey) Lovina - Brimstone

Weak ink scrawled across the surface of Brimstone’s parchment;

Amethyst charms not that hard to get a hold of, sold at many rock and jewelry shops.

As for spell choices, I think these spells will convey a sense of ambition, as necromancy is generally a more complex type of magic.

@ (Food Guy) DD - Hemlock

Alright, agreed Hemlock, I shall try to select the spells most likely to be effective for you.

@ (Monster Guy) Leo - Henbane
(Clever, despite how many kids take notes with their cell phones nowadays, few people do in RPGs.)

Words rapidly refilled Henbane’s pages;
I believe so, it’s a good starter spell, and you seem confident. There’s a whole bunch of spells you could try of course, but if you take too long picking you’ll miss the deadline! Can’t have that can we? Professor Gureshaw didn’t directly say it, but he doesn’t tolerate failure for long.

Of course I can!

Henbane’s pages filled with additional text, what appeared to be a field guide of plants in England.

@ (Jean Grey) Lovina (again)- Brimstone

Brimstone, never having read or been shelved with a Steven King novel, tried for the next best thing, filling it’s pages with text from the novel Frankenstein which it had once been shelved with.

@ (DVB) Diego - Ebony

Ebony’s response came after a short period of hesitation;

Black magic is my specialty. Though I suppose a good number of my spells have a necromantic or monstrous twist.

@ (Billy Mays) Xavier - Burgundy

Burgundy’s spells faded and the fancy letters of it’s new reply surfaced;

Well you could always make a Double Dimension Satchel. Some witches like the Magic Box spell, but I think it’s overused.

Do you want me to transform? I can take the shape of something else, like a picture frame or a cell phone, or even an animal.

@ (Lost Requiem) Cameron - Driftwood

Ink spread across the still open pages of the book in Cameron’s lap;

For that you’ll need a to make a Salt Valve Charm.

Salt Valve Charm - With this charm you’ll be able to freshen salt water in a snap. Reset the valve when fresh water is more convenient.

You will need:
Aluminum wire
A very small bottle
A coin with a hole in it
A small bone, with ends removed
Wire, string, chain, etc to suspend the bottle from

Use the aluminum wire to wire the coin to the bottle. Also attach the suspension string/wire/chain. Take the bone and chip it small enough to fit snuggly in the bottle opening.

When you suspend this bottle in salt water, the salt will collect in the bone, once the bone is full, turn it around and suspend the bottle in fresh water to release the salt. Return the bone to it’s original position and you’ll be ready to collect salt once more.

thesilverwolf

Francois "Frank" LeBeau
Prof. Gureshaw's Classroom

Francois arrived to the class with his grey backpack in tow. He decided to bring it along since this was a class. Francois felt an faint tingling sensation all over as he stepped into the class. He was uncertain why it happened so suddenly, but he paid no mind to it. He took a seat towards the front and awaited instruction. In the room were other students that he had seen around before, but he hadn't had any prolonged interaction with any of them. The professor realized that the all of the class was present and began the lesson.

“Okay, so we have a lot to cover tonight, because there are several things you need to know. First, you can probably feel the power of your spell books already. These books are powerful objects, and in some ways, alive. Please treat them with respect, as any magical artifact can be dangerous when abused.”

Spellbooks?! Francois had an interest in reading about the subject of magic, but he was certain that it did not exist. He had indeed felt an odd sensation when he entered the room, but he wasn't sure if magic would be the best conclusion to jump to. He was just as interested as he was skeptical, so he stayed seated, silently, to see where this classes was headed.

“Or put in the wrong hands. Most of your books will only respond to the voice of their own witch, but since some of them are more open-minded than that, I suggest you don’t leave them anywhere anyone else might find them. Simply speak to your book and it will show you answers to your inquiries. Some of you may even be able to speak with your books telepathically. This called Instant Magic, every witch has a special ability, such as telepathy, mesmerization… or telekinesis.”

The professor seemed to continue on with this far-fetched theory of magic. Maybe this is just a theories class and nothing more. Frank was going to get up and leave, but the professor caught his attention. Frank looked up to see a book levitate a few inches above Professor Gureshaw's hand. Frank's eyes narrowed and his mouth dropped open ever so slightly. He returned to his seat, being convinced that something unusual was happening.

“It may take you a bit of time to figure out your Instant ability, but once you do, you’ll realize, it could never have been anything else. So, then, let’s take a short break before we go on, so all of you can examine your books, and ask any questions you might have.”

Frank sat for a second as he analyzed what had just occurred. I know that I am not seeing things. The book did in fact levitate, and if it didn't, this is a very elaborate prank. He decided to follow the instructions given to him and walked to the magical bookcase. He knelled down to examine the books, running his finger tips along the spines of them. The were a variety of books on the self; each one with different colors and textures and engravings. His fingertips tingled a bit as they passed over each book. An intense but painless jolt spread up his arm as his fingers passed over the cold metallic spine of one of the books. I guess this is mine? He took the book from the shelf as he examined it. It was fairly thin. He opened the book to find blank pages. No information at all. Is it a magical diary? Professor Gureshaw did mention that we should speak to the book...it's worth a shot. Frank went back to his seat near the professor and stared at the black page for a while.

"I know that you are magical in some aspect, so what exactly can you do? I'm going to also assume that you have a name and gender, so I would like to know that as well. Also, any details about your history, likes, or dislikes would be helpful." Frank figured that he may as well jump into the activity at full force. The worst that could happen is that the book would do nothing, and he would look silly for trying.

*Book Dialogue

Frank took a moment from his conversation as Professor Gureshaw began to speak, “See, instant magic is a special technique that witches can use without performing spells, making potions, or constructing talismans. It’s called Instant because it doesn’t take any preparation and therefore can be used right away. Everyone’s powers is unique, but they usually fall into categories. I for example have Telekinesis and can levitate objects as many other witches do, but exactly how big of objects, how high, or how fast I can levitate objects is unique to me. Some of the most common Instant magic techniques are; telepathy, wild speech, spirit contact, telekinesis, and mesmerization. On very rare occasions a witch will have more than one Instant ability.”

I wonder what my instant ability is. Frank pondered what it would be like to speak to wild animals or to the dead. Maybe he could levitate objects as well. He turned back to his book. He decided that later he could ask about ways to find out what his instant ability is. Frank continued conversing with his book. Eventually the Professor went over the rules of this class, using magic, and having the book. I will definitely come up with some ways to keep this book safe. Professor Gureshaw assigned homework before dismissing the class, so Frank wrote it down into his planner. He began to think about some spells to try. A fight interrupted his thoughts, but he just removed himself from the vicinity of the chaos.

Last edited:

BAlightning

Ethan Hunter
Professor Gureshaw's classroom
Tome- Tempest

Ethan looked over the steps for the Magic Box carefully. It didn't seem too difficult. Luckily, he already had a box that would fit the purpose of the spell and most of the other components seemed like they would be easy to find. He could probably get some oil from the shop class. An art class would likely have the white string, or ribbon, and there might be some origami paper there too. A rag he could find just about anywhere, although he did wince slightly at the thought of having to damage it with the oil, even if it was just a rag. Yes, he decided that he would go looking for these ingredients soon.

He glanced over the more simple spells briefly, but then noticed that many of his classmates were heading off and found himself to be tired as well. So Ethan decided to head to his room before looking over the spell. He was lucky enough to have a single bedroom, which is smaller but allows him far more privacy. When Ethan got to his room he turned on the lights and changed into his pajamas, which were nice, but slightly worn. He then opened Tempest up and began reading the list of spells.

I think these spells may suit your needs:
Confusion Custard
Pep-me-up lemonade
Shadowganger
That Thing in the Mirror
Fundamental Talismans, No. 2
Nightmare pillow
Cloud Call
Alchemy Plans: Thimble
Alchemy Plans: Counterfeit Penny
Alchemy Plans: Bat Shaped Buttons

Various spells on the list looked like they might be good to try out, but Ethan remembered the two Fundamental Talismans that she recommended earlier seemed useful.

Making his decision Ethan said,"Alright Tempest, please show me the plans for the Fundamental Talismans, No. 2, I'll read it in the morning. I think I'm going to use that spell for Gureshaw's assignment. Good night."

Ethan then went over to his small bookshelf. He took a brief note of how he was allowed to bring so few books from his, there were only about twenty (of course excluding textbooks). Well the sever lack of books did make finding a temporary hiding place for Tempest a cinch. When he was done she blended in well with the other books, but someone actively looking through them would be able to spot that she was different. Ethan frowned as he put Tempest away and that feeling of rightness and power faded. He turned off his light and finally went to bed.

DVB

Philosopher Knight
Diego Vendrix
Tome- Ebony

Ebony’s response came after a short period of hesitation. During that time Diego had been writing names down of people who were in their. He didn't know much of who had which book, but he figured he would learn soon. He could not trust most of them just yet. He looked to one of the shelves he had. On it was the unopened chess set his brother gave him for a present. Diego wasn't much of a chessplayer.

Yet, he felt that he would soon use it symbolically.

Black magic is my specialty. Though I suppose a good number of my spells have a necromantic or monstrous twist.

Diego rolled his eyes. He was admittingly disappointed. Looks the speciality of his tome was mildly malevolent spells with a few possibly dangerous ones, but nothing that appealed to him. I mean, what was black magic anyway? I mean there is necromancy, summoning monsters, possession, mind control, destruction, making toxins, etc

"What sort of desires did your former masters have?" Diego asked as he looked at the tome. "Like what sort of spells did they prefer?" Diego elaborated before he yawned. He better get ready for bed soon enough.

Last edited:

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
@(thesilverwolf) Francois - Circuit

Thick blocky letters scrolled across Circuit’s pages, the paper of which was slightly shiny;
Well, you’re analytical. My name is Circuit. I’m a more recent creation than most of the tomes here, being an experiment in fusing magic and technology. Not only can I provide you with my stored spell instructions, but I can interfere with machinery. I guess I would consider myself male.

Likes and Dislikes, hun? Well, please don’t get me wet. I don’t like that at all! I like the hum of electricity, so if I could be shelved next working technology, I’d appreciate that.

@ (Balightning) Ethan - Tempest

Tempest’s pages filled with the requested spell;
Fundamental Talismans, No. 2 - No collection of charms and talismans is complete without a talisman to extrude fear. Fundamental Talismans compiled by Edgar Mann.

You will need:
A collection of small items, stolen from people whom you wish feared you
Twine, chain, and other bindings agents
Keyring

There is no set method of making Talisman No. 2, basically use your binding agents to form a conglomeration out of the small items, and attach this glob to your key ring. Simple, ugly, and full of stolen items, it’s best to keep this talisman hidden from view.

@ (DVB) Diego - Ebony
(Which witch has which witch book?)

Ebony’s tiny script rolled across the page;
Well, I guess most my former masters wanted power, in one way or another, basically, each in his own way. Didn’t do them a lot of good did it? They’re all dead… as is every other former witch who ever owned one of us books. I had a couple masters who really like the monster spells. Though you should probably be cautious, seeing as one of them got eaten. One of the witches, that is. The monster did the eating.