• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~Prof. Gureshaw’s Midnight Course~

DVB

Philosopher Knight
Diego Vendrix
Professor Gureshaw's Classroom
Tome- Ebony

Well, I guess most my former masters wanted power, in one way or another, basically, each in his own way. Didn’t do them a lot of good did it? They’re all dead… as is every other former witch who ever owned one of us books. I had a couple masters who really like the monster spells. Though you should probably be cautious, seeing as one of them got eaten. One of the witches, that is. The monster did the eating.

Diego read and reread the script before he began laughing. He imagined it must have shocked the book.

"Well, Ebony. Let me teach you something. First of all, this proves why I am not a bad person. Power tends to corrupt or rather those who seek it for the wrong reasons. Technacalities, details, exceptions and rules of grey aside, bad folk usually dabbling in this kind of stuff gets this. That's why being a 'goody-goody' is good," Diego says as he looks to his tome.

"Secondly, everyone dies. It's the fate of mortals. Of course, that doesn't matter. What matters is what you do with your life. I wanna help people, make em happy, see them smile. Despite your black magic, I believe we can do some serious good together," Diego says with a confident grin to the book.

"What kind of monsters do you have? Might be good to have a companion," Diego says. "Also, how would I prepare to use Spirit Contact?" he asks further.

thesilverwolf

Francois "Frank" LeBeau
Prof. Gureshaw's Classroom

Frank looked down at the thick blocky text that appeared in his book:

"Well, you’re analytical. My name is Circuit. I’m a more recent creation than most of the tomes here, being an experiment in fusing magic and technology. Not only can I provide you with my stored spell instructions, but I can interfere with machinery. I guess I would consider myself male.

Likes and Dislikes, hun? Well, please don’t get me wet. I don’t like that at all! I like the hum of electricity, so if I could be shelved next working technology, I’d appreciate that."

Frank was definitely interested in this book, now. He was passed his stage of shock and was now in a state of pure curiosity. He had so many questions to ask, but class was nearly over. He realized he had a newer book which came with perks; it was a magic and technology hybrid.

Frank began his rapid-fire questions again to get a better understanding of Circuit, "So, Circuit, what was your previous owner like? Is there a reason that someone created a book that is both magical and technological. Also, what type of magic do you specialize in? Let me know if I am going to fast for you."

Frank's curiosity had taken over, and he was completely enthralled with the book in his hands.

Last edited:

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
OKAY… let’s all fast forward to around 7:00 am when you need to get up and get ready for class!

@ (DVB) Diego - Ebony

Ebony started to reply before Diego had finished talking;
Teach me? Of course I know that everyone dies! What do you think I was just saying?

Why do you want to do good so badly? Is it fun for you or something? At least you’re still interested in my monsters… So there’s a lot of different monsters; Gut Grinders and Bone Monsters, Dragons & Hydras, Ghouls & Goblins, King Rats & Legions, Bunnicorn & Jackelope… knowing what you’re looking for in a companion monster would help.

To use Spirit Contact, if that is indeed you power, you’ll need to find a concentration method that works for you. Some people meditate, or put themselves into a state of hypnosis or trance, others perform a séance. Sometimes though, it just happens, a spirit is there any they can see and hear it.

@(thesilverwolf) Francois - Circuit
(Name at top of post please)

Circuit’s new test overwrote the old;
I think Mathew was annoyed at the lack of technology related spells. With all the technology around us making life easier, he didn’t feel that magic suited the modern witches needs anymore because so much of it is outdated. Why do a dishwashing spell when you have a dishwasher? How helpful is a instant letter delivery spell when you can text? So, obviously I specialize in technological spells, because that was the area of witchcraft he wished to improve.

DVB

Philosopher Knight
Diego Vendrix
Tome- Ebony

Diego had woken up at 6 AM. He had fallen asleep waiting for Ebony to answer him. She didn't seem annoyed at him however. He checked out his radio clock.

It was 7:00 AM.

He was already showered, dressed and ready to start for breakfast.

He wasn't sure if Ebony was a boy or girl but acted a bit feminine. Well, the gothy kind anyway.

Teach me? Of course I know that everyone dies! What do you think I was just saying?

Why do you want to do good so badly? Is it fun for you or something? At least you’re still interested in my monsters… So there’s a lot of different monsters; Gut Grinders and Bone Monsters, Dragons & Hydras, Ghouls & Goblins, King Rats & Legions, Bunnicorn & Jackelope… knowing what you’re looking for in a companion monster would help.

To use Spirit Contact, if that is indeed you power, you’ll need to find a concentration method that works for you. Some people meditate, or put themselves into a state of hypnosis or trance, others perform a séance. Sometimes though, it just happens, a spirit is there any they can see and hear it.

"I do good because it feels good, it is the right thing to do. It feels natural for me," Diego explained to his book. He began looking at some. Wait... dragons?

"What are bone monsters? Also, what kind of dragons?" Diego said. With the latter, he had a big goofy grin. Because, they're freaking dragons man.

He read on Spirit Contact. "All right. I will try and meditate. Is there a charm to help get in touch with it or at least a protection circle?" Diego asked.

BAlightning

Ethan Hunter
Ethan's Room
Tome- Tempest

Ethan's alarm sounded at 6:45 AM and he wanted nothing more than to turn it off and go back to sleep. He only managed to get about five hours of sleep and he was not in best state. Despite this, Ethan managed to get himself out of bed. He made his bed and inspected the outfit that he was going to wear for the day. All of Ethan's clothes seemed to be in good shape, he did notice that his shoes could benefit from a polishing though. After touching the pants he was able to tell that the legs of the pants seemed to be becoming a little worn, but still perfectly wearable. Satisfied with his choice he took a quick shower and brush his teeth.

After Ethan was done getting his appearance straightened out he allowed himself to check to see what Tempest wrote last night. As he gently took her from the self he smiled. That feeling that he had when he first touched Tempest returned to him, albeit it was less suprising. He opened her up and read what she had written.

Fundamental Talismans, No. 2 - No collection of charms and talismans is complete without a talisman to extrude fear. Fundamental Talismans compiled by Edgar Mann.

You will need:
A collection of small items, stolen from people whom you wish feared you
Twine, chain, and other bindings agents
Keyring

There is no set method of making Talisman No. 2, basically use your binding agents to form a conglomeration out of the small items, and attach this glob to your key ring. Simple, ugly, and full of stolen items, it’s best to keep this talisman hidden from view.

The spell was not what Ethan was expecting, to say the least. He was expecting...well he didn't know what he was expecting but it wasn't this. He began to wonder why this was a fundamental talisman. Ethan thought it could be that witches found it safer when normal people just kept away from them. Fear would be a great motivater for that. Or it is quite possible that this Edgar Mann is Machiavellian in his thinking process. Not that that's wrong, Ethan has pondered on the philosophy of fear versus love and found himself unsure of his own stance on the matter.

The spell itself was really simple, and he felt that it would be too bad if he tried it out. A little fear most likely wouldn't cause too many problems. And Ethan didn't want to use it, but just test out the spell a little. After seeing it work he would stop using it. However, before then he needed to make the talisman and he didn't really know whom he could use it on. It would just be something that Ethan would have to think on some more.

"Thank you, Tempest. This seems like it will be a good spell to try out for my first time," Ethan said, he then thought for a moment and continued, "I was a little preoccupied with being shown the existence of magic and I never did ask you about yourself. You said that you were Morgan le Fay's book, that itself is a topic I may ask you about later, but is there anything else that you feel I should know?"

Last edited:

Sketchie

literally some guy
(OOC: I'm going to be using Chase's roommate in this post.)
Chase Lewis
Chase's dorm
Tome - Rusty

Chase awoke to his roommate Michael poking him in the arm. "Dude... seriously, get up already! It's 7 o'clock!" he was shouting, "I know that book of yours must have been very interesting, so you fell asleep while reading, but now you need to get up." Chase sat up, a little dazed, and flashed a glare at Michael, who was already dressed, showered, and ready for the day. Man, what time does he get up? Chase thought. Michael went over to his bed and started remaking the covers. Chase dragged himself to get some fresh clothes and get to the shower.

As soon as he was done with his shower and had put his red collared shirt and black jeans on, he speed-walked out to his bed. Having new clothes on always gave him extra energy. He went to his night stand, and on it was an ivory box with a black rose painted on the lid. Chase slowly opened the box to reveal the ruby rose necklace. He took it out and put it around his neck gently, the closed the box with the same amount of care.

Michael stared at the pendant. "Isn't that a bit girly for a boy to be wearing?" he asked.

Chased closed his eyes and put his hand over the pendant. "It... it's all I have left of my sister. I don't care if it's girly, I will wear it," Chase replied. He opened his eyes, and went over to Rusty, still lying peacefully on the bed. He picked it up and held it in the crook of his arm, smiling at it and whispering a good morning under his breath so Michael wouldn't hear.

As soon as Chase touched the book, Michael had to ask. "So... what is that book? It looks pretty old to me."

Chase quickly thought up a cover for the book. "It's one of my ancestor's journals. My great-great-great... lots of great-grandfather's journal. I saw it on my dad's bookshelf and decided to read it," he said, stuttering every so often. Michael nodded his head, and Chase flopped down on his bed and began pretending to read.

Last edited:

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
@ (DVB) Diego - Ebony

Ebony’s tiny script looped across the page;
Bone Monsters are monsters generally made by the combining and rearranging of multiple skeletons, and then reanimating them. Though advanced Necromancers are capable of combining already reanimated skeletons into bone monsters.

All sorts of dragons; Wyvern, Wurms, Hydras, Fairy Dragons, and Amphisbaena.

Generally someone skilled in Spirit Contact does not need anything outside their person, otherwise it would not be instant magic.

@ (Balightning) Ethan - Tempest

Words appeared on the page across from the spell;
I was Morgan’s first spell book.

I suppose you should know that with a book as powerful as me, you’ll probably have to watch you back around the other witches. But you seem like an alert kid.

@ (TheSketchQueen) Chase - Rusty

Single words in the diversion journal entries became bolder;
… what’s … with … this … guy … ? … just … leave … it … alone

SenorLaughsaLot

Why So Serious ?
Lucas Kendall
Dorm Room
Tome - Cumulous

Luke awoke around 5:00 in the morning and carefully slipped out of his bed. As soon as he got out he began to set it, folding and arranging the sheets and pillows in the proper order. Now's the time for a good morning shower after no f****** sleep. He then dragged himself over to his dresser and gently pulled out the appropriate clothes that were neatly folded from their specific drawer. Luke ironed everything. From his shirt, down to his undergarments. When he finishes preparing them he puts them each in an individual drawer.

He took notice of Cumulous, sitting on top of his dresser. Ahh, the homework. I must check it soon, and I need a proper place for Cumulous. He took note and headed towards the bathroom, clothes in hand, and spotted Cameron who was still laying by the dresser across the room. "Tsch- almost forgot about the imbicile," he muttered under his breath. He decided once again to leave him there and went to shower. An hour and a half passed before he emerged from the bathroom. It was around 6:40 by then.

Feeling fresh, and truly awake, Luke was in a slightly better mood. Then, memories from last night began to flood his mind. He stared at Cameron, thinking about his past actions. Perhaps I was a bit too harsh... but, it was that nit wit's fault. He felt a click in his head with the thought of the word nit wit. Then he remembered, it was the password to Cumulous, who was still locked. His cheeks slowly turned rosy. Great, my password is after... him. He grabbed Cumulous off the dresser and reluctantly said his password.

"N-nit wit...", the book opened. The words appeared as if they couldn't wait to be read. "I'm sorry I kept you waiting so damn long..." he said quickly, wanting to get his apology in.

You could try Spring Rain, it causes a short shower. Ingredients are easy to find and there’s not many of them.

"That sounds great, Cumulous. May I please see the the list of ingredients and instructions?" He heard his alarm begin to ring. It was 7 o' clock. He glanced at Cameron again, still asleep on the floor. This bloke will be late for class if he doesn't get up now. He walked over to Cameron, feeling awkward. He gave him a quick, hard tap on his shoulder and pulled back in disgust. "Jeez, wake up! Unless you want to be late to class. You can sleep as long as you f****** want for all I care..."

Not wanting to be late himself, he slipped into his slippers and put Cumulous into his pack. I'll have to find time for you later. As he had the thought he pulled out his portable bottle of antibacterial and disinfected his hands. Only kills 99.9% of these bloody germs. How pitiful!

Last edited:

Unicorn

Neigh.
Kelly Green
Kelly's Dorm ---> Professor Gureshaw's Classroom

Kelly yawned and stretched her hands toward the ceiling. It was too early to be awake at this-- wait a minute. She spun around, causing her blankets and sheets to twist around her. She squinted in the dark. It was impossible to see anything. Where was her phone? What time was it? She felt around her desk awkwardly until she was able to switch on her lamp. The light blinded her and she rolled over a bit too far. KERPLUNK! She fell from the bed and smacked her forehead on her desk on the way down. Immediately she curled into a fetal position and clutched the small lump that was forming above her right eye. As the throbbing subsided she opened her eyes and saw her phone had fallen under her bed. She reached over and grabbed it. She wasted no time switching it on: 12:50 AM it read. The color drained from her face. Had she missed the entire craft class? She decided to try anyway. It was probably a joke, but she didn't want to miss out on anything special!

She rushed down the stairs to the basement. In her haste, she was still dressed in her pajama pants and her hair was an absolute mess. She did manage to throw on a light jumper to cover up her sleeping shirt. As she reached the bottom of the stairs, Kelly heard voices coming from the classroom where she was supposed to meet. She didn't want to burst in and declare she was late, so she lingered by the door. The voices were difficult to hear through the door; all she heard was mumbling. After working up the courage, she reached for the handle, only for it to open on its own as a crowd of students she had never met before streamed from the room. They had peculiar books tucked under their arms, and she blinked curiously as they walked by. None of them seemed to notice her. It sunk in then, that she had missed the class completely. Her heart plummeted to her chest. Would she be allowed to enroll still?

Her legs trembled as she entered the classroom. The man she assumed to be the teacher was on the opposite side, by a strange shelf with a few books on it. Quietly, she crept closer to him and asked in a very small voice: "Um... are you the professor? I-I'm sorry I missed the class... Is it too late to join?"

DVB

Philosopher Knight
Diego Vendrix
Tome- Ebony

Bone Monsters are monsters generally made by the combining and rearranging of multiple skeletons, and then reanimating them. Though advanced Necromancers are capable of combining already reanimated skeletons into bone monsters.

Well, he was not sure what bone monsters could be used for... then again, maybe he will be able to use them to remain in better contact with his etheral friends.

All sorts of dragons; Wyvern, Wurms, Hydras, Fairy Dragons, and Amphisbaena.

Well, Wurms and Hyrdas were out and he was not sure what were Amphisbaena. Fairy Dragons and Wyverns sounded interesting.

"Tell me about Fairy Dragons and Wyverns," Diego asked Ebony as he decided to have a grilled peanut butter and banana sandwich for breakfast.

Generally someone skilled in Spirit Contact does not need anything outside their person, otherwise it would not be instant magic.

Diego nodded as he decided to make some herbal tea. He was grateful to get care-packages, especially since his brother knows what he likes. The tea should help calm down and focus.

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
From now on, new players should pick up their books at the NEXT class

Time is now about 7:30 am

@ (SenorLaughsaLot) Lucas - Cumulous

Cumulous complied quickly;
Spring Rain - A light refreshing spring shower, no matter the season!

You will need:
3 oz of violets (flowers and leaves)
1 cup of sand
1 tsp sugar
Glass bottle
Heat source

Crush the violets as fine as possible. Put the crushed violets, sand, and sugar into your bottles. Swirl to mix, then heat as evenly as possible over your heat source.

After cooling, the mixture may be used at any time. Make a circle around yourself from the sand-violet mixture. Rain should start within 30 seconds.

@ (Unicorn) Kelly -Glen
~Prof Gureshaw~
(Try to catch up to the current time in your next post)

Professor Gureshaw turned to the cabinets and straightened up what was left of his lower level magic book collection. Some of these books might be too picky, but they’d run out of choices soon enough.

He spun about upon hearing the young lady’s voice. Poor girl looked a mess, hair all frizzed up in a bad case of bed head, still her pajamas though she tried to hide it with a sweater, and a lump the size of a half-dollar on her forehead.

“Oh dear, you are quite late, aren’t you?” he mused looking over her. He took a small compact from his pocket. Popping it open he reveled a batch of light green cream, a healing salve. He brushed this with his index finger and tapped her head where the goose egg had formed.

“Now dear, I expect you to be on time if you want to participate in this class in the future, as the teachings of witchcraft can’t be allowed to come into irresponsible hands. But I know this class is late, and it’s hard to get up, so I’ll let it pass this time,” he told her. Stepping aside he continued, “So now, if you still want to participate in this class, go ahead and pick a book.”

He indicated the books in the cabinet next to him.

@ (DVB) Diego - Ebony

Ebony cleared her pages and begun fresh;

Fairy Dragons are small dragons, often possessing multicolored insect-like wings. Both size and wings have resulted in them being dubbed Fairy Dragons or Fairy’s Dragons. Fairy Dragons can be slightly difficult to summon, but generally have gentler dispositions than most dragons, and come in a variety of colors.

Wyvern are slender lizard-like dragons with leathery wings, capable of breathing fire. Commonly green, wyvern are usually found in forested areas. Summoning requires moderate skill, but the real challenge with a Wyvern is controlling it’s predatory nature. Wyvern are capable of eating a small herd of cows in just a few minutes.

*Jean Grey*

Night Triumphant
Lovina Castiglioni
Dorm Room
Tome - Brimstone

Lovina stepped out of the shower, wrapping a towel around herself and another over her long, dark auburn hair. She had been awake ever since six and was having a hard time going back to sleep again, having reduced her pill intake. She padded out of the bathroom and sat back down on her bed, pulling out Brimstone once again. She opened it and saw that he had indeed changed his text to that of the novel Frankenstein.

Looking to see if her door was still locked, she hid Brimstone under her pillow and undid the towel around her hair, drying it for a while before heading for her dressing table and plugging in her hairdryer. After she was finished, she then dressed up in the outfit she chose for the day: a simple black button-up halter vest with silver cross buttons and a dark green velvet mini. After slipping on her gloves and putting on a black leather choker around her neck, she took her hair ribbon and started to tie her hair before she stopped, deciding that she was going to leave her hair down for the day. She then tied the ribbon around her left wrist.

Once she was finished, she headed back for her bed and pulled Brimstone out from under her pillow, opening it once again as she reminded herself to go out and buy some amethyst jewelry later after her afternoon classes as well as perhaps, save some of her chicken bones from her lunch. Remembering her choices, she recalled one of the stranger ingredients: powdered mummy.

"Say, Brimstone. It's seriously safe now. Tell me, where do you expect me to get my hands on some powdered mummy? Also, can you show me how to carry out Dance Macabre and how a Séance works?" She asked, looking down at the book's worn pages.

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
Leonardo "Leo" Silverstone
Leo's Dorm room
Tome - Henbane

Leo stepped out of the bathroom, with a towel around his waist. Having been up since 6 AM, he had two bowls of cereal for breakfast, then decided to take a bubble bath for a bit. At first, he was upset when he found out he didn't have a roommate. He would've appreciated having someone to talk to. But after being introduced to the world of magic last night, he concluded that it was for the best. Figuring that he wouldn't have to constantly sneak around.

He went to his closet, and pulled out the clothes he was going to wear that day, a navy blue T-shirt that looked to have the sleeves cut off, a pair of khaki cargo shorts which he kept held up with a brown leather belt, his usual pair of red sneakers, and his favorite pair of goggles on top of his head, and got dressed.

After he finished, he picked up his red backpack, filled with his necessary items for school. Before he left to start class, he looked at Henbane sitting on his nightstand, and wondered if he should take her with him to class or not. On the one hand, it would be safer in the room, on on the other hand, she may come in handy, and he may want to see the ingridients for another spell during the day. He opened the book, and saw that it's text had become a field guide to plants in England. He giggled to himself, it would be hilarious if he wound up needing this information for Biology class or something.

After some deliberation, he decided to leave her in the room. He wouldn't know what to tell the Professor if she got lost somehow... Also, talking to his spellbook in a crowded hallway would arouse suspicion and strange looks. Besides, he had the instructions for Tin Star saved on his phone. He placed her on a bookshelf, said good morning and good bye to his stuffed animals, and prepared to head out the door.

Last edited:

DVB

Philosopher Knight
Diego Vendrix
Tome- Ebony

Fairy Dragons are small dragons, often possessing multicolored insect-like wings. Both size and wings have resulted in them being dubbed Fairy Dragons or Fairy’s Dragons. Fairy Dragons can be slightly difficult to summon, but generally have gentler dispositions than most dragons, and come in a variety of colors.

Diego nodded. Those would make good companions. However, he would like to see how they looked like. He decided to listen to about the Wyvern.

Wyvern are slender lizard-like dragons with leathery wings, capable of breathing fire. Commonly green, wyvern are usually found in forested areas. Summoning requires moderate skill, but the real challenge with a Wyvern is controlling it’s predatory nature. Wyvern are capable of eating a small herd of cows in just a few minutes.

Diego though of Toothless upon hearing about the wyvern. He was not sure if he would be able to ride one. Well, there were many, Many reasons. However, he decided to go with the fairy dragon.

"May I see a picture of the fairy dragon?" Diego asked, wondering if Ebony could do that. He was drinking the tea and taking deep breaths. He was reparing to meditate.

Unicorn

Neigh.
(VampirateMace- No problem. Wanted to try to be sort of the same page -pun not intended)

Kelly Green
Professor Gureshaw's Classroom ~1:00AM

She flinched slightly when he rubbed the salve her on head. It was an unexpected gesture so it had caught her off guard. The mixture seemed to help though because the very light throbbing had all but disappeared the instant he touched the spot. How odd!

There were only a few books remaining on the shelf. What were they for, she wondered? Tentatively, she reached for a book with a wooden cover. On its front was a burned engraving of a tree. She carefully wiped off a thin layer of dust and examined it carefully. The pages were blank inside, with a slight yellowing to them. Just how old was this book? The other books on the shelf weren't very interesting so she turned back to the professor and gave him a meek smile. This one was special somehow, and she held it close to her chest, her small fingers curling around it tightly.

"This one," Kelly said.

-------------------------------------------

Kelly's Room- 7:30 AM

She was absolutely stunned. A book that could talk? Witches? It was all so sudden, yet at the same time it set her heart aflutter with joy. She'd never felt special at any moment in her life before now. This was the first time she'd felt like something had gone right. This was her chance to prove to everyone that she was worthwhile. Maybe this book could help her impress her parents, or gain friends. She'd always felt like such an outcast. Maybe even... maybe this book would become her friend to...

Her hands shook as she opened it's beautiful wooden cover. It was so precious to her already. And as the professor said, it would be terrible if it got into the wrong hands. She sat there, perched on her bed and her hands leafing through its delicate blank pages. She'd been so tired, half of what the professor had said to her hadn't really sunk in yet. As soon as she got back to her room a few hours before, she fell asleep almost instantly. It could have all been a dream for all she knew. All she had to do was speak to it, he had told her. That much she remembered. Kelly took a deep breath.

"Hello... I'm Kelly. What's your name?" she said, squeezing her eyes shut as if the book was going to suddenly come roaring to life and devour her for speaking.

Last edited:

Sketchie

literally some guy
Chase Lewis
Chase's dorm
Tome - Rusty

The leather book Chase was "reading" started to bold certain words in the text.

… what’s … with … this … guy … ? … just … leave … it … alone

Chase looked over at Michael, who was now lying on the floor doing homework. He had headphones on, so Chase decided to answer in a soft whisper. "He's my roommate, Michael... kind of a OCD perfectionist. He likes getting me up, because apparently he can't stand people asleep after 7:am. Leave what alone?"

Chase get up, the book held in the crook of his elbow, and started gathering his things. He looked over his schedule and sighed. "Dang... I hate having math first..." he said aloud, "None of it actually makes sense, it's just a bunch of numbers..." Chase swung his backpack on his bed, sat down next to it, and continued to mock read Rusty.

thesilverwolf

Francois "Frank" LeBeau
Dorm 6:00 AM

Frank had reached his room at some point the previous night. He barely remembers leaving the class and returning to his room. He sat on the edge of his bed, thinking about what happened last night. So, magic...it is real. He dropped down to the floor and looked under his bed. He pulled a metallic book from under the bed. Circuit. He opened the book to the page that he remembered Circuit communicating through.

I think Mathew was annoyed at the lack of technology related spells. With all the technology around us making life easier, he didn’t feel that magic suited the modern witches needs anymore because so much of it is outdated. Why do a dishwashing spell when you have a dishwasher? How helpful is a instant letter delivery spell when you can text? So, obviously I specialize in technological spells, because that was the area of witchcraft he wished to improve.

Circuit raised a good point. Frank looked back down to the page, "Your previous owner seems to be quite innovative. May you please give me a sample of the spells that you contain. I think I may be interested in further development of fusing technology in magic."

Frank sat Circuit down on his bed, and proceeded to prepare for class. His morning routine was quite extensive and lasted forty-five minutes. Frank was currently dressed in gray blazer layered over a stripped navy and white shirt, a pair of white skinny jeans and black Chelsea boots. His back pack was already organized and waiting for him at the door. He sat back down on his bed and picked up Circuit to have a look at what he had to say.

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
@ (Jean Grey) Lovina (again)- Brimstone

Distressed ink poured across Brimstone’s pages;

Powdered mummy, often just called mummy is a common ingredient in necromancy and black magic, so you could ask the professor to get you in contact with a seller. You could also make your own, mummifying a small animal, and then crushing the dried remains.

Dance Macabre - A complex variation Animate Bones, requiring a fairly full graveyard and at least one other necromancer.

You will need:
A least 1 other necromancer
A cemetery/graveyard/mausoleum
Powdered mummy
1 amethyst amulet per necromancer
1 easily portable instrument per necromancer

You will each need to wear the amethysts while performing this spell. Sprinkle mummy across the graveyard, making sure to get every grave you can. Then play the following song.

A sheet of music, more complex and lively than the Animate Bones melody appeared below the instructions.

The deceased will leave their graves to dance to you music. The better you play, the better they dance. If you play faster, they will dance faster as well. Make sure to play the whole song, otherwise you’ll be obligated to return the dead to their graves manually.

Séances - Séances are a common practice for getting in touch with the deceased, used by both witches with the Spirit Contact ability, and those without. It makes contact easier for witches with Spirit Contact, and possible for those without Spirit Contact. Commonly a Séance is preformed around a table with three or more people holding hands, one of which being the witch attempting contact. Sometimes the witch in conatact will speak for the dead, but often message media such as an Ouija board or a homemade board will be used. Some witches even use a designated table carved with letters and a glass. Candles and incense are often used to cleanse the air in preparation for a séance.

@ (DVB) Diego - Ebony

A grey scale image of a fairy dragon perched on the edge of a teacup formed on Ebony’s page. It was rather cute compared to most dragon depictions, having exaggerated features, such as large eyes, claws, and ears, skinny limbs and a short muzzle. It’s transparent wings extended behind it, and were almost as long as it was. Small spikes ran down it’s back and tail.

@ (Unicorn) Kelly -Glen

Large plain letters faded onto the spell book’s page;
Glen, it’s nice to meet you.

Above the sentence formed a small image of a valley, that looked like it was painted from watercolors.

@ (TheSketchQueen) Chase - Rusty

One of the journal entries in Rusty’s open pages shifted and the letters reformed;
I meant I wanted him to leave you alone. It’s a hard trick forming messages from pre-selected words. You’ll have to learn to read between the lines if you want me to help keep your secret like that.

@(thesilverwolf) Francois - Circuit

Circuit overwrote his previous words;
I’d be pleased to help you develop more innovative spells. Here’s a sampling of my current contents:
Mechanical Disruption
Datamancy
Livewire Travel
Letter from Beyond (Digital Version)
Password Lockup
Jackpot Charm
Alchemy Plans - Battery Recharge
Alchemy Theory - Upgrade
Alchemy Theory - Downgrade

Last edited:

thesilverwolf

Francois "Frank" LeBeau
Dorm 6:50 AM

Circuit wrote new text that read,

I’d be pleased to help you develop more innovative spells. Here’s a sampling of my current contents:
Mechanical Disruption
Datamancy
Livewire Travel
Letter from Beyond (Digital Version)
Password Lockup
Jackpot Charm
Alchemy Plans - Battery Recharge
Alchemy Theory - Upgrade
Alchemy Theory - Downgrade

Frank was definitely interested in all of these spells, but a few in particular piqued his interest. "Circuit, what exactly is Datamancy? I assume it is the manipulation of data, but in what aspect? I would also like to know about Livewire Tavel, Password Lockup, Alchemy Plans - Battery Recharge and Mechanical Disruption."

Frank awaited a response from Circuit as began to ponder the thought of instant magic. He was uncertain what his was, but he figured Circuit may be able to help him find out. Maybe Circuit or Professor Gureshaw could help.

Last edited:

Unicorn

Neigh.
Kelly Green
Kelly's Room

Kelly nearly dropped the book in surprise. It didn't matter that she had been told the book would communicate with her. She stared blankly at the image of the valley first. It was stunning, and clearly painted delicately with some thought. She moved a finger to touch it but stopped herself. Never touch art in a museum, and certainly not without permission! She was relieved the sentence below the image was short. It always took her some time to register words due to her dyslexia.

Glen, it’s nice to meet you.

"Glen..." She whispered, "That's a nice name. Are you very old?" It seemed like an odd question to ask. If she were talking to a person who looked old, it would have been exceedingly rude to ask. But asking a book didn't seem so bad? She hoped the book wasn't insulted. Suddenly afraid it might get offended, she hastily added, "I'm sorry. That was rude of me wasn't it? You don't have to answer..."