• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Prof. Gureshaw's Midnight Course

SenorLaughsaLot

Why So Serious ?
Name: Lucas Kendall

Instant Magic Ability: Spirit Contact
Lifetime Goal/Dream: To become a Doctor for 3rd World countries
Greatest Fear/Nightmare: Death

Appearance:
Lucas is about 5'10" tall and his body looks fit, despite not exercising regularly. His hair is a dirty blonde, with most of it consisting of blonde hair and many streaks of brown. His hair is short and generally flat, except for his bangs. He likes to comb it and keep it up with gel. His eyes are a deep shade of green and are noticable against his fair skin. His face is void of any facial hair; he will not allow himself to have any. He has to keep himself neat and proper. He also wears contacts, but he will switch to his black, solid glasses on some occasions.

For clothing, he likes to dress as if he had a uniform. He wears a white-collared shirt that is long sleeved with black cuffs at the wrists. Over his shirt he wears a vest. It's designed with subtle vertical lines that are black and grey. He keeps it buttoned up and wears a black tie at the collar, which he positions to go under his vest. He then wears black slacks that has a chain that loops out of his left pocket. Connected to this chain is his pocket watch. Instead of wearing dress shoes, like you would expect, Lucas would rather wear his comfy black slippers. He thinks they're better than wearing clunky, uncomfortable shoes.

Personality:
Lucas has quite the attitude, but also has his quirks. He doesn't really notice how hostile he can be, and doesn't really mean it. He will seem like a jerk at first, but he is a friendly person. He just has to befriend someone and they have to earn his trust. Once they do, they still have to continue with his hostile attitude. By then, it's more out of love than spite. He does behave differently if he really sees you as a friend. Being considerably nicer and much more of a goof ball. He only behaves like this with his peers. He has a high respect for his elders, and will behave like a gentlemen in their presence. When working he will always strive to do his best. If he has a goal, he will achieve it. He won't settle for anything less and will even put more effort than needed.

His quirks are often noticeable. He is very meticulous, to the point of being thought of as OCD. Whatever he does has to be done in his way, or he will become anxious. He also likes things to be neat or in a particular pattern. The pattern would either have a special meaning to him, or will be symmetrical. If things are out of place he will fix it right away. He can't stand having anything out of order, and if he can't fix it he might go into a fit of rage. Another one of his quirks is that he often criticizes himself. If he does something wrong he won't let go of it until it's done right. He's also superstitious and prefers people calling him Luke, hearing is whole name bothers him.

History:
Lucas was born in London, England and lived with his single mother and younger sister. He grew up watching his mother struggle to get by. She never went to college and switched from job to job. He could tell that she was getting depressed and it was even harder for her to do anything. His father died before he was even born, and his sister was the result of a run away father. Whenever his mother went into dating she would only get guys that caused trouble. Sometimes she would be abused, have whatever she had left taken, or it simply wouldn't work out. Lucas knew that in order to succeed he would have to focus on his education, unlike his mother. Eventually, his mother found the perfect guy and he helped support her. He was from Boston, Massachusetts and offered to take his family there. She accepted and at the age of twelve Lucas moved from England to America. His family had a new start in Boston. His mother decided she would go to college in order to do better. Four year's later his mother was able to earn a bachelor's degree in the Culinary Arts and became a chef in local restaurants. A year later she was able to open up her own restaurant that turned out to be successful. Proud of his mother, Lucas sought out to do better for himself, like she did. He heard about Mrs. Leary's Boarding School for Girls and Boys and decided it would be a great idea to attend. He then packed up and left, knowing his mother and sister were now on the right track.

Spell Book Selection Quiz:
1. What’s your favorite color?
Blue.

2. You see a penny (1 cent) the street, what do you do?
Is it heads up? If not, why bother?

3. You see Penny (class clown) on the street, what do you do?
I will just ignore her and pass by. I find her annoying, and her jokes aren't that funny.

4. It’s free painting time in art class, what do you paint?
Hmm, I would just start by drawing some lines and when inspiration takes over I'll figure something out.

5. Do you think you’ll learn more from the book, or more from the Professor?
I would learn more from the Professor. He should have his own wisdom and experience to add.

What's the rating on this? I want Lucas to be a little profane, but nothing too serious.

Last edited:

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
Flame Mistress (Evleen): Pending…
Okay, the keep the playing field level, I ask you remove or alter the discovery of her talent, they’re not supposed to really realized your talent until after the first class.
You may also want to consider boosting your age to 14 so that you’re in high school classes with everyone else (by USA standards), but that’s totally up to you.

Billy Mays (Xavier): Accepted
We call them imaginary friends… okay, seriously don’t just bring the tupla to life, unless the situation is cleared with me first.
…Interestingly enough, raw sapphires are not dark blue, the jewelers heat them and the titanium in them turns them dark blue. Personally I like the rainbow of pastel colors the raw ones come in.

Zekshirom Okay, let me know when it’s done.

CandleReaper (Cameron): Alright, Accepted!

SenorLaughsaLot (Lucas): Accepted
I didn’t rate it, which means it’s G or PG so there shouldn’t be any identifiable profanity, but you can always insert **** or $!@# in place of such a word.

Billy Mays

Ace Advertiser
The difference between an imanginary friend and a tulpa is that Arvixe would look and act like a living being. A figment of Xaiver's imagination, but Xaiver doesn't control him. It's like a second person inside his mind that only he sees. Takes tons of time and effort too; you can't just will a tulpa to exist like you could an imaginary friend.

Of course Xaiver would probably try to make him come into existance at one point or another, but that's not going to be the first thing he'd do. I understand that it'd be ridiculous if he just immediately did that. And I'll ask about it when it comes to that.

And yes, I was thinking of processed sapphires. Now that I think about it, alot of crystals and gems do come in many more colors than what I'm used to them being.

Last edited:

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
Yeah, I was making a joke, though some 'imaginary friends' would seem to fit that description. Thanks for acknowledging my concerns, though having RPGed with you before I was sure you’d behave, otherwise I’d have gotten confirmation before Accepting you.

Flame Mistress

@VM: I was under the impression that 13-year-olds could be high schoolers in the US - someone else told me in another RPG. I'm really confused right now. I'll edit the discovery part later when I have actual wi-fi connection, but I don't know what you mean by the very first part.

Liltwick

Just your Sleepy FIzzy Mod
Actually, it is possible if she has a birthday in the months of September - Before the Cut-Off in December. I was 13 when I went into High School, so I'm just saying that it's possible.

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
Okay, whatever, I already told you it was up to you. Maybe she skipped a grade at some point too. It's just not as likely, since Freshman are usually 14-15. My birthday was before December and I still entered at 14.

Flame Mistress

...I'm gonna keep her at 13, thank you very much. And skipping a grade is very unlikely - if you properly read through my SU, you'd have noticed that Evleen has ADHD.

Anyway, fixed.

Last edited:

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
And skipping a grade is very unlikely - if you properly read through my SU, you'd have noticed that Evleen has ADHD.

I have ADHD, and with the exception of Math, I do fine in school. :/

By extension, so does Leo. ;) (If the "having difficulty sitting still and focusing on one thing for long periods of time" part was too subtle a clue.) I don't say he has a disorder, I just describe the symptoms.

Liltwick

So we have at least two more to go Vampirate?

I'm guessing we'll be getting our Spellbooks when the RPG starts, if I'm correct.

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
No and yes. We don't need anymore players, but I would allow more than 2 more. Yes, I'll be posting the official list of players and their spell books in the first post, but the book I have picked for you however, is called Driftwood. (your name change confused me when I was trying to figure out what books should go to who)

Liltwick

Alright, thanks for answering.

Interesting (You mean for country? I had to for his bio to work. If not, I have no clue TBH)

Liltwick

Oh, yes I was.

Pyroli

Banned
Name: Amelia “Skeeter” Chambers

Gender: Androgynous (Refers to herself as female but isn’t a set gender)

Instant Magic Ability: Telekinesis

Lifetime Goal/Dream: To become a published writer

Greatest Fear/Nightmare: Having to perform/speak in front of a large audience, voicing her opinions.

Appearance: Amelia is a taller than average young woman, standing at about 5’9”. She’s very slender, usually wearing clothes that show off her form. She’s somewhat lacking in the breast department, probably only being a B cup. She has a cute, elf-y face; covered in freckles with blazing green eyes. Her hair is short, and in a pixie cut, its ginger in color. She has large “hipster” glasses. Amelia usually wears “Doctor Who” shirts, a light brown belt coming across her waist to show off her figure more, complete with tight skinny jeans. She wears light brown flats on her feet. She is a living, breathing “hipster”; and she quite enjoys being referred to as one. She also carries around a brown side bag, inside it are just sheets of paper, pens, pencils, and a black colored cardigan that she throws over her dress when she gets chilly.

Personality: Amelia is a “down to earth” sort of person, she’s very in tune with the fine arts and loves to paint and write. Although her current favorite subject is death, it’s sort of an odd fascination, she’s not able to fully grasp the subject, yet she wants to explore it with art and literature. Otherwise, she’s kind spirited to most people, unless you’ve given her some reason to mistrust/dislike you, because she has a bad side; she just hates to show it. She’s very shy, hating to speak her mind about most situations outright. Instead, she’d prefer to write about them, keeping them all bottled up and tied down. She’s very in-tune with personal choices, especially regarding gender identity, due to her androgyny. She’s very open minded and loves to help people sort out their personal problems.

History: Amelia grew up around a family that really didn’t support equal rights, or really anything for that matter. She grew up in a small community in Louisiana, not getting along with many people and not really wanting to. Her childhood went about average, especially for a girl who always really knew she was different. By the age of thirteen, she decided she was ready to “come out” to her parents. Her parents reacted in a very different way than she expected, instead of outrightly telling her it was wrong, they kept dropping subtle hints that she should change her outlook. Her parents had the final straw when she cut her hair to look more genderfluid. They shipped her off to some boarding school, hoping it would change her attitude.

(answer these as your character would)

I quite like red.

Hey cool, a useless coin lying on the ground. Better leave it for the next chump.

Ignore her, she’s always seemed kind of strange. Besides, I need to focus on my writing.

Anything to do with the fading quantity of life.

The book, most historical knowledge is better explained in text.

*Jean Grey*

Night Triumphant
Can I reserve a spot? Working on something already. ;)

BAlightning

Name: Ethan Hunter

Instant Magic Ability: Psychometry, this being the ability to gain information of an inanimate object's experience through physical touch. This knowlege takes an emotional form that would often be described as pleasant or uncomfortable, but it depends on the object in question.

Lifetime Goal/Dream: To continue his collection of books, ideally being able to read them in their original language, while holding a job that he actually enjoys. There may or may not be a family in this, he doesn't really know.

Greatest Fear/Nightmare: Never being taken seriously

Appearance:
Ethan stands at about 5' 7" but his legs seem a little short in comparison to his body. He is in decent physical shape, but lacks clear muscular definition. Ethan could probably benefit from some time in the sun, but he isn't pale. His hair is reddish-brown and looks wind-swept. He has the begginings of a mustache, which is slightly more red than his hair. His face has some acne, but is far more mild than many teenagers. His eyes are a dark blue around the edges and more metalic around the iris.

For his clothing Ethan enjoys a well-kempt apperance. Whatever he wears it will not be wrinkled, damaged, or have any form of stains. His perfered style of clothing includes khakis, polos, and well-polished shoes.

Personality:
Ethan doesn't think too highly of many authority figures. He thinks that they don't actually believe in him, his parents being an exception to this. As a result he often acts defiantly towards these people. If shown that the person really does care then Ethan would be more responsive towards them.

Perphaps the reason for his problems with adults is the fact that Ethan is intellegent and well-cultured for a person his age. Because the teachers see him as a younger person, he feels that adults don't give his opinions as much thought as they should. This is one of the things that he wants, but other than his parents hasn't ever had before.

Literature is one of Ethan's greatest interests, fiction more so than non-fiction. He has read some classics, modern books, plays, and a couple of poems. Ethan feels a greater deal of satisfaction when reading older that are in good condition. Ethan has also noticed that he a tendency to recieve a better feeling when using items of higher-quality. Ethan has deduced that he is a bit of a snob through this revalation.

His relationship with his peers is mostly polite. Ethan doesn't go out of his way to hinder people and will help them if it doesn't interfer with his plans. However, he doesn't really feel like he belongs. Ethan thinks of himself as more mature and worldly than the people his age. Ethan realizes that not everyone is like him, but he is also not willing to conform to fit in. While he does try to be polite, he can be very vocal in his opinions.

History:
Ethan is the youngest of three children in an upper-middle class family. He and his older siblings got along fairly well. His parents were always supportive of all of them and genuinly nice. His dad collected rare books as a hobby. He already enjoyed reading but when he was about ten he read a couple of these older books and he felt more satisfied than he usually did. From then on Ethan started to collect books as well, albeit he doesn't have any of the old first-editions.

During jr. high he was discussing many of these books with his parents. They were really happy that Ethan had a healthy interest. He tried to talk to some of his teachers about the books, but they never seemed to take him seriously. Most of the time they didn't listen to him and the other times Ethan felt patronized. This continued into his freshman year of high school. Along the way Ethan started to act out. His parents were concered about his behavior and decided to send him to a bording school that a friend recommended, hoping that it would help Ethan.

Dark purple, I guess.

Its just a penny, I'd probably leave it on the ground.

Uh, say hi? I don't know her too well.

A random assortment of shapes and then fake a symbolic meaning for it

Well if the information is in the book, then I'm gonna learn from there.

*Jean Grey*

Night Triumphant
And...done! XD Now Evleen probably wouldn't have to sleep alone. XD

Name: Lovina Castiglioni

Instant Magic Ability: Mesmerization

Lifetime Goal/Dream: To become a successful chef.

Greatest Fear/Nightmare: To be seen as just another hopeless romantic, lovesick idiot.

Appearance: Lovina is attractive, standing at 6 feet tall and light-skinned, with long, wavy dark auburn hair that reaches her lower back and is usually worn down or in a side ponytail tied with a dark velvet ribbon. Her eyes are a bright green color, framed by long, dark lashes and her nose is pointed and aquiline. In terms of body type, she is lean and slender without being skinny, with large, ample breasts, long legs and no sign of "beer belly" on her stomach. She keeps her fingernails on the long side and are often painted black. Her navel is pierced and decorated with a black stud in the shape of the Ophiuchus glyph (though she is not an actual Ophiuchus herself) and her ears have three piercings each. Black "ear-tunnel" style earrings adorn the lowest pair of holes while gunmetal-colored studs decorate the upper two pairs.

Lovina's fashion sense is dark and unusual, with almost all of her clothes being black. She despises pink, white, pastels and earth tones, which is reflected in what she wears. For her shirts, she favors crop tops, vests with no inner shirt, corsets and tops with unique details such as buckle closures, lacings and zipper accentuations. As for her bottoms, she favors mini skirts and short shorts and dislikes regular blue jeans and khakis, claiming them to be too boring and "ho-hum" for her taste. Lovina also seems to have a weakness for black leather, even sometimes in warm weather, but hates knitwear. When the weather is colder, she puts on a black leather jacket over her clothes and a black newsboy hat on her head. Her favorite outfit consists of a tight black, short-sleeved top with a low neckline that accentuates her cleavage and a black leather neck-belt with a silver buckle. Silver buckles hold the shirt closed in place of buttons and the top ends just above her navel, exposing the Ophiuchus glyph stud. Her pleated mini skirt is black, with a layer of red plaid very slightly peeking out from under the hem, almost like trimming. On her feet are black motorcycle boots with a slight heel that lace up to her knees. She wears black leather fingerless gloves on her hands and whenever her hair is down, she ties her velvet ribbon loosely around her left wrist. Her eyes are usually rimmed with dark eyeliner.

Personality: Though Lovina is beautiful and has mesmerization as a power, she is anything but charming and romantic. Quite the opposite actually. She is loud, foul-mouthed, rude and bad-tempered, being a person who swears often, easily gets ticked off and would not hesitate to hurt anyone verbally or even physically when she feels like it. When it comes to voicing her opinions, she's not exactly the most tactful person either, often speaking her mind and never hesitating to shoot down anyone for reasons that can range anywhere from her thinking their plans are stupid or that she plain hates them. This attitude of hers tends to alienate her from many of her peers. While she is not a loner by nature and genuinely wants friends, not a lot of people understand her abrasiveness and think that she has problems instead of trying to reach out. Lovina is one who can also never admit when she is crushing on or is in love with someone. Yes, the girl is capable of such things, but the fact that she was once in love with someone and that the relationship ended in a disaster and with her being damaged goods in the process, she is reluctant to trust anyone and in her words "melt into a pool of diabetic goo just for them". Don't expect her to confirm any of it though, even when it's plain obvious (especially when she seems to not hurt the person as much as others or perhaps embarrass the person more than others), but rather, to vehemently deny all allegations. The fact that she is a closeted bisexual doesn't help matters either, as she believes that nobody would go for a girl who plays for both teams anyway. Despite her outwards nature, she is not cold and heartless, having a gentler side and knowing how to care more than one would expect, though she covers up her nicer side with a lot of made-up excuses so that nobody would think that she "softened up".

While Mesmerization is her power, Lovina does not use this in a very positive way, taking advantage of the fact that she can mess with some people's minds and using it to get whatever she wants, whether it's entertainment out of making someone embarrass himself or having someone she dislikes do her homework for her. Lovina's anger and bitterness also makes her dislike certain types of people, mainly the lovesick type of girls who according to her, get everything just by giving their "charming smiles" and "talk all their problems away" and have everything easy in general. Lovina on the other hand hates letting anyone know about her problems, preferring to face them head-on and on her own. It takes pretty long for her to trust someone and open up, but when she does, then it would be easier to see her better qualities. Even when she trusts someone though, don't expect her to admit it when she likes somebody. It's more difficult to reach out to her compared to most people, but as long as one is persistent, it's very possible, as she secretly likes it when someone doesn't care whether she's problematic or not. With people she can trust, she opens herself up more and proves to be compassionate, caring and protective even to a fault. Expect her however to tell them to shut up and keep quiet about it, and treat them like she does with everyone when in public, though would noticeably be less harsh.

Lovina likes to drink and holds her alcohol very well, being able to tolerate more glasses than the average without getting drunk. When she gets drunk however, she goes from angry to extremely happy and even goofy, telling a lot of jokes, even profane ones and laughing and smiling a little too much for comfort. She also loosens up a lot when under influence, which makes a drunk Lovina rather fun to be around. Also, while she is a talented chef and could cook with just about anything, she absolutely hates eating cheese and cheese-flavored products. Yes, even the cheese on top of pizza and pasta. She would much rather eat a plain pizza base or one spread with tomato sauce and toppings over one with cheese, as she seems to find the ingredient smelly and disgusting. She however, has a strange weakness for gelato.

History: One would think that Lovina's problems are seated in her childhood, but in fact, her younger years were pretty happy ones. Born in Palermo to a wealthy family (she is the older of two siblings, her brother Giovanni being four years younger than her), she had everything she needed and her parents were loving and supporting, her father being a neurosurgeon and her mother being an anesthesiologist. Being an energetic and outgoing child, she had a lot of friends and was a playful, friendly yet slightly aggressive and lazy student. She wasn't very feminine, not being afraid to roughhouse and play with the boys, and she also wasn't the best student, being one who easily got bored with her subjects and hated long homework. She was pretty smart however, and managed to get by despite having the apparent ire of the disciplinary head. She lived in Sicily until she was nearly thirteen. A year before that, her father was considering the option of bringing his practice to the States, knowing that business would probably just be as good, if not better, and the family eventually did so, relocating to New York.

Resuming school there, she hit it off pretty easily with her classmates, started taking an interest in cooking and caught the eye of a boy named Frank, who eventually became her boyfriend a year and a half later. Frank doted on Lovina, seemingly being a good boyfriend who loved her for who she was, taking her out with him often and even helping her with her schoolwork, pushing her grades up in the process. Lovina was happy and in love, she couldn't ask for more at that time. However, a year into her relationship, just when everything seemed so good (having consummated the relationship with him and giving each other promise rings at that), Frank abruptly broke things off with her with no explanation, and started seeing another one of her classmates, a pretty, sweet girl named Carrie who happened to be her best friend. Lovina gave Frank a chance to explain, only for him to say that he wanted Carrie all along but had to do what was necessary. Furious at being used, she threw her promise ring in his face and grew angry and bitter, driving her to become a different person. This affected her relationships with others and she lost almost everyone save for a few of her friends. Not only that, but she somehow managed to start making her peers do stupid things through things she could not explain. Her grades went back down and the number of disciplinary cases she got into due to her aggressiveness, poor schoolwork and demeanor among others went up. Her parents were worried for her and knew that things were only going to get worse if she was to stay in the same school. In the end, the vice-principal advised that she transfer schools and Lovina was then sent to boarding school or rather, Ms. Leary's Boarding School for Girls and Boys, on the VP's suggestion.

- Black. Isn't it obvious? Did you think it was going to be pink or something?

- What do I care? It's just a penny.

- Damn, Pennywise? Pants her of course, or rather, coerce her pants herself. (Note: Lovina would probably nickname Penny "Pennywise")

- Heh, I am a girl of hidden talents after all. A wolf howling at a blood-red moon, most definitely.

- Man, how old is the Professor anyway? Maybe him, maybe the books. I'm no psychic, alright?

Last edited: