• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Prof. Gureshaw's Midnight Course

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
SpyroxPikachu (Amelia): Pending
You seem to have a well thought out character, but your personality and history are a little short.
You might change androgynous to transgendered, since androgynous means not looking like a man or a woman, and transgendered can refer to not feeling like a man or a woman, because the character you’ve described would look female despite her feeling that she’s not either. But that’s completely up to you, and doesn’t have anything to do with your pending status.

Balightning (Ethan): Accepted

Jean Grey (Lovina): Accepted
Pleas note that your character is not supposed to be aware of her powers prior to the beginning of the RPG, even if they are starting to emerge. Also, please keep in mind that the idea implanting aspect of mesmerization is supposed to be VERY simple. For example she might be able to compel someone to want to cook, but she wouldn’t get exact say in what they cook.

I’m going to go ahead and put the RPG thread up now, but sign-ups are still open.

Flame Mistress

Actually, I'm really sorry, but I may have to quit this RPG. I don't know yet, but since I'm struggling with just two RPGs right now, I think three may be a little too much for me. As I said, I don't exactly know yet, and I'll have to wait and see if I can manage two, let alone three, but yeah.

*Jean Grey*

Night Triumphant
Thanks, I'll edit accordingly. XD I guess compelling someone to want to pants themselves is OK, right? XD

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
Azran Flame: Alright, thanks for letting me know. If you join and it gets to be too much, let me know and I’ll make sure your character gets a proper expulsion or death.

*Jean Grey*: Only if they’re doofy enough they might do it. BTW try to keep things PG.

*Jean Grey*

Night Triumphant
Don't worry. XD I won't get too graphic, it won't include boxers anyway, just pants. XD

Sketchie

literally some guy
Um, If signups are still open, can I join?

Name: Chase Lewis

Instant Magic Ability: Spirit Contact

Lifetime Goal/Dream: To become a famous writer.

Greatest Fear/Nightmare: Silence. He can't stand it.

Appearance: Chase is tall, about six foot 6 inches. He is fairly strong, but he looks skinny. His face is tall and boyish, and he doesn't like facial hair so he keeps it shaved. He has tan skin, which gets even tanner in the summer. He keeps his flame red hair neatly buzzed, but on rare occasions he grows it out. He has wide eyebrows, and has english green eyes. He has a long scar near his left eye from falling into an untrimmed rosebush.

Chase wears a red polo shirt with his collar undone. He wears long, tattered blue jeans, and red and white tennis shoes. He also wears a necklace with a ruby rose on it, and thick black bracelets. If he really needs to, he'll wear a simple black leather jacket. But he rarely does.

Personality: Chase is a bomb of personality. He's flirtatious, and loves to flirt with every pretty girl he meets. But he never really means it, and when he does find a girlfriend, he sticks with her. He is friendly, and likes hanging out with his friends and making new friends. He likes making jokes and being mildly sarcastic. He cares about his friends, and will strive to make them feel better when they're sad, but will never press on why they're sad, and they don't want to tell him, he won't force them. But he's always open to listening.

Chase is very athletic. Soccer, american football, and basketball are his favorite sports to play, and he's very good at them. He also loves to swim when he gets the chance, but he rarely does. He tries to run every single morning towards breakfast, so when he does eat breakfast he's more hungry than usual. He loves food and always seems to have room for more. He also loves a good video game, and loves his handheld devices. Chase also hates math, and is usually confused by it.

History: Chase was born in a major city, with action happening every second. And ever since he could crawl, Chase was full of energy. He has one sibling, an older sister named Chrisa, and the two loved to play games of speed and strength. Chrisa, being three years older than Chase, was always with Chase wherever he went, and helping him with whatever he needed help with and she could do. From schoolwork to building a bridge out of sticks across a ditch, Chrisa was there with him. When Chase was 13, Chrisa got into a fatal car crash driving home. Chase was one of the first to hear about it, and was crushed by it. He ran into her room, and looked around trying to keep her life living inside of him. On her pillow was her favorite necklace- a black cord, with a ruby rose pendant on it. He took the necklace, put it on, and he has kept it ever since. A year after Chrisa died, Chase started staring off into space more often and more intently, and when he did, he could faintly hear his sister's voice.

Chase, being so energetic, usually has trouble focusing on stuff he doesn't like. Math, for example. His math grades dropped ever year, and eventually they got so bad his parents got frustrated with Chase and his refusal to listen to his teacher and counselors they decided it would be best if they sent him to boarding school.

Spell Book Selection Quiz:

1. What’s your favorite color?
Red and black. I like them the same. They're brave colors!

2. You see a penny (1 cent) the street, what do you do?
Pick it up, stare at it for a while, then put it in my pocket.

3. You see Penny (class clown) on the street, what do you do?
Walk up and try to start a conversation! What else?

4. It’s free painting time in art class, what do you paint?
Birds. Birds, flying over the mountains. Or sitting on a tree. Something with birds. Birds are cool.

5. Do you think you’ll learn more from the book, or more from the Professor?
I think it'll be half and half. I'll learn a lot from the book, but I'll learn a lot from the professor, too. As long as it's not math.

Last edited:

thesilverwolf

Name: Francois LeBeau
Instant Magic Ability: Telepathy
Lifetime Goal/Dream: To become an acclaimed Professor.
Greatest Fear/ Nightmare: To not have an impact on the world.

Appearance: Francois has curly black hair that spirals out into an afro. He has light brown skin. He has large almond shaped hazel eyes and high cheekbones. His nose is small and button-like. His eyebrows are thick, but they aren’t unruly. He has a wide mouth and full lips. Francois is a tall, svelte young man. He has boyish face free of facial hair. Many people assume he is just a very tall preteen.

Francois doesn’t have a set of clothes that he consistently wears, but his style is quite refined and fashionable. He tends to dress in muted or earthy tones that suit his skin. He prides himself on his sense of style.

Personality: Francois LeBeau is a very analytical and forward-thinking individual. Francois genuinely gets excited about the future when he thinks about what he can accomplish. He is very precise and intentional about his choice of words, and he usually never says anything by mistake. He is deliberate about how he speaks. He tends to express himself easily and with grace. He jumps at the opportunity to share his thoughts on a subject or participate in a discussion. He doesn’t mind playing devil’s advocate on occasion. Francois enjoys coming up with different strategies during situations and fascinated with issues that seem puzzling. He doesn’t mind collaboration, but he prefers working alone. It benefits his creative process, but he asks for input from others if he finds it necessary.
Francois appreciates intellectual discussion and learning that broadens his perspective on a topic. He likes gathering information as a hobby which can lead to him sharing random bits of knowledge. However, some of his knowledge and advice does prove to be useful at times.

Francois strives to be seen as an important figure and have the affection of others. He is very diligent and has high expectations for himself and others. He can become quite depressed or agitated if he does not reach these aspirations. He tries to surround himself with hardworking individuals. He sets his sight on the top spot in any situation that he is in, which can lead to him taking on more work than he can handle. Francois seems to places a lot in ranks, achievements, and status symbols. He tends to become a neurotic mess when he is overwhelmed or an unexpected event occurs.

History: Francois was born into an upper-middle class family. His parents are French and African. His father is a college Professor and his mother a psychiatrist. Francois grew up in the city. He loved living in the city; there wasn’t much to do outdoors, so he spent his time inside. He would often draw, paint, write, play music, or simply read. His favorite of his hobbies was reading. He was fascinated by the information within books and on the web. All of it was at his fingertips. The greatest feeling in the world was getting a new book.

Francois was often viewed as being an overachiever in school. This quality made him a lot of enemies, but few friends. Others were intimidated by his intelligence and type A personality. He wasn’t one to waste time and mince words, and he would be brutally honest when he had to be. Most of the time, others pretended to like him when they needed to cheat off of his homework, but he wasn’t fooled.

Francois’s parents were very adamant about him going to Mrs. Leary’s Boarding School for Girls and Boys. They thought it was a very prestigious and rigorous academy, so off Francois went. Francois has enjoyed his time at the boarding school. He has acquired some accolades and made the library his home. He may as well be considered a piece of furniture on display. He has been looking for a new endeavor to study, and the letter from some unknown professor has provided him with a new idea to explore. However, he has his suspicions.

What is your favorite color?
Gray. Some people think it is boring, but I think it is timeless and sophisticated.

You see a penny on the street, what do you do?
I am going to leave it there, of course. I’m sure it is enveloped in excessive germs and bacteria.

You see Penny on the street, what do you do?
Ignore her. She is becoming quite the nuisance. She derails the entire English class!

It’s free painting time in art class, what do you paint?
I painted a representation of the duality that is inherent in humans; the struggle to want to be a beacon of hope for all, but the inevitable obstacles and cynicism that one will face on such a path. It’s breathtaking, isn’t it?

Do you think you’ll learn more from the book or from the Professor?
I am an equal opportunity learner. I am sure that there will be some things that I will learn simply from cracking open a good book, but a discussion with the Professor seems quite enticing.

Last edited:

Unicorn

Neigh.
If you're still accepting sign-ups, I'm in the mood for an RPG. If you're not, I guess you can just ignore this post!

Name: Kelly Green

Instant Magic Ability:
Wild Speech. Somehow, she's always been better at communicating with animals than people.

Lifetime Goal/Dream:
Become a Zoologist

Greatest Fear/Nightmare:
Isolation and Abandonment

Appearance:
Kelly is small for her age, and a little bit on the plump side. She still doesn't have a noticeable chest, and tends to hide behind her large amounts of curly ginger hair. She dresses very plainly, not aiming to garner any sort of attention. Her normal attire is just regular jeans and a zip-up jumper. She often wakes up late and has serious bedhead and mismatched socks. Her posture is usually very meek. She holds her books close to her chest, legs slightly bent and toes pointing inward, and has a slight hunched-over look. Her normally pink cheeks glow bright red when she's embarrassed. Her fingers are short but somewhat delicate, though she obsessively trims the nails and habitually bites them.

Personality:
Kelly is a very shy girl. She has a hard time really relating to anyone her age. Her parents are very strict with her and believe that she is mentally retarded, which might explain her submissive personality. After some repeatedly poor performances on tests, she was diagnosed with dyslexia and discalculia (she has trouble with words and numbers). After being told this, Kelly became even more withdrawn, believing herself that she was stupid and a problem; her parents did nothing to quell her anxieties. However, she is able to find some hope in her love of animals. She is instantly brightened or cheered up when she is around them. Around others, she will act very submissive and passive. If blamed for something, she is willing to believe that she is at fault, even if she knows otherwise.

History:
As a young girl, Kelly has always been a bit of an outcast. She was always a level behind everyone else in reading and maths, leading the other children to label her as stupid. On top of that, her messy ginger hair gained her a lot of negative attention as well. Out of her entire school, she was the only one with hair that color and was teased mercilessly for it. During recess, Kelly would play by herself or else spend her time trying to get away from the ones who took joy in mocking her. She would spend most of her time at home playing by herself as well, being an only child with no friends. Her greatest fear has always been of being alone and abandoned, and to some extent she has already experienced this. However, she has always been able to find solace with animals. Most afternoons she would spend her time volunteering at the local animal shelter; her parents would never allow animals in the house so it was the next best option.

To her parents, Kelly was an accident. They never wanted a child and really shouldn't have had one. They always viewed her as a chore, an extra problem they didn't need, and above all she never seemed to meet their expectations. In front of other parents and adults, they would pretend to be loving and kind, but the minute they were back home or alone the facade would end. Her parents are exceedingly hard workers and rarely make time to spend with Kelly. They expect her to act and behave normally and perform well in school. When they finally faced the fact that Kelly was continuing to fail courses and being contacted by the school about her poor performance, they were able to find a diagnosis. Kelly's dyslexia and discalculia are nothing short of being mentally retarded in their eyes. They became convinced that public school would not be enough to get her back on track to success, so they had her shipped to this remote boarding school.

1. What’s your favorite color?

Green
2. You see a penny (1 cent) the street, what do you do?
Pick it up, it might be lucky
3. You see Penny (class clown) on the street, what do you do?
Avoid her, she might make fun of me
4. It’s free painting time in art class, what do you paint?
A bunch of jungle predators (lions, tigers, bears) running away from a mouse with a tiny sword
5. Do you think you’ll learn more from the book, or more from the Professor?
The Professor I hope... I'm not really good at reading

Last edited:

Unicorn

Neigh.
@VampirateMace- I added a couple more lines. Though to be fair, I could have just split a couple sentences and it would have been long enough. Is this OK now?

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
Unicorn (Kelly) Wild Speech: Actually I have a minimum length requirement beyond the sentence limit, the sentence limit is just to help most people make that limit. Though I do enforce the sentence limit to avoid having a double standard. However, you are accepted and I’ll post your spell book info in the first post of RPG thread soon.

Last edited:

Unicorn

Neigh.
@VampirateMace- Fair enough. Looking forward to roleplaying with everyone!