• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Prof. Kecleo's Lab of Sprites!

Whaddya Think of My Sprites?

• You are a very good spriter!

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • You're pretty good! Improvements here and there though

Votes: 23 46.9%
  • You're so - so. You could use quite a bit of Improvement

Votes: 15 30.6%
  • You're not very good. A lot of Improvement is needed

Votes: 6 12.2%
  • You suck! Quit now please. You can't improve!

Votes: 2 4.1%

• Total voters

Kecleoshrew

KECLEON :D
Thanks ^_^

I made a little Revamping tutorial for you guys:
http://i35.*******.com/2pyth87.png

Kecleoshrew

Boomp! I got some new spritehz
Gastrotom1609489940-iaza.gif
Fuse8477994472-iaza.gif
<--(fusion from Dragon Quest)
http://i34.*******.com/2mdhpg7.png

whaddya think?

aclover

VICTORiOUS
Boomp! I got some new spritehz
Gastrotom1609489940-iaza.gif
Fuse8477994472-iaza.gif
<--(fusion from Dragon Quest)
http://i34.*******.com/2mdhpg7.png

whaddya think?

meh. the rotom/burmy/gastrodon is not that good. just re glowed and c/p'd.

Kecleoshrew

Thanks for the Crit.

There should be more sprites coming up real soon

Zelionax

There's more to devamps than just the colour. GSC's unique traits were the huge eyes and the mildly exaggerated size of the head (to make the sprites more adorable). Try to enlarge the eyes and create a roundish texture. Also, the phanpy and the marril look rather flat. You need to apply at least some shading or highlights.

The revamps are okay. Just make sure the shading is rounded and there are more obvious highlights to provide the sprites with more depth. Ursaring for example, looks pretty flat due to its blockish shading Dratini would be fine if you added a lighter shade to its forehead.

Your fusions need to be less stitched up. For example, Probopass's hat on Altaria should be tilted. Try to do some custo work on your fusions and not just stick parts together.

Don't let it keep you down though. You just need practice.

Kecleoshrew

Thanks for the amazing crite right here:
There's more to devamps than just the colour. GSC's unique traits were the huge eyes and the mildly exaggerated size of the head (to make the sprites more adorable). Try to enlarge the eyes and create a roundish texture. Also, the phanpy and the marril look rather flat. You need to apply at least some shading or highlights.

Okay, i'll take that in. Im pretty new to Devamps

The revamps are okay. Just make sure the shading is rounded and there are more obvious highlights to provide the sprites with more depth. Ursaring for example, looks pretty flat due to its blockish shading Dratini would be fine if you added a lighter shade to its forehead.
Yeah, i see what you mean. Im gonna redo some of them, and im defenitely going to redo Ursaring

Your fusions need to be less stitched up. For example, Probopass's hat on Altaria should be tilted. Try to do some custo work on your fusions and not just stick parts together.

Don't let it keep you down though. You just need practice.

Yeah, im gonna try scratching a lot more on my fusions. Once again, thanks for the great crit!
you're .... mmm so-so i do like tnhe whiscash, ho-oh, glameow, and origin fome giratina

Thanks ^_^

JIMMAH!!!!

Pickin' a winner
Kecleo? You're a professor!? Why didn't you tell me!?

Now, your sprites are good, I quite like 'em, but there are a few flaws I've noticed:
-First of all, your Clefairy revamp should have a dark outline between the right horn and it's head.
-On your Final Fantasy sprites, the big white guy has a little too much black outline, Plus it has moobs.
-On your dog thingy, it's hair(?) should probably have shading, and from what I can tell, the tail is in front of the fire.
-And on the last one, the eyes just don't look exactly right, and it's hand on our right is behind it's leg, where I'm guessing it should be in front.

Hope I helped. ^_^

Kecleoshrew

Kecleo? You're a professor!? Why didn't you tell me!?
Haha, lol

Now, your sprites are good, I quite like 'em, but there are a few flaws I've noticed:
Thanks!

-First of all, your Clefairy revamp should have a dark outline between the right horn and it's head.
Yeah, i agree there

-On your Final Fantasy sprites, the big white guy has a little too much black outline, Plus it has moobs.
Yeah, i forgot about the outline. And it isnt moobs

-On your dog thingy, it's hair(?) should probably have shading, and from what I can tell, the tail is in front of the fire.
Well, it was for a Contest, and i had to rush to get it finished on time, so i forgot about shading in the hair

-And on the last one, the eyes just don't look exactly right, and it's hand on our right is behind it's leg, where I'm guessing it should be in front.
Hmm, i see what your saying there

Hope I helped. ^_^
You most certainly did!

BlackShadowRose

The Lost one.
Not much I can say that s not been said already. Some of your ideas I really like (aka FF7). Just seems like you lacking some finer skills to them. I would say more but it has been said.

I am sure they will get better. Hope to see more ideas.

Kecleoshrew

Thanks! I will probably post some more sprites soon. but for now, heres 2 pixel arts:
floon_PA5315470011-iaza.gif
http://i36.*******.com/2vb334p.png

Kecleoshrew

Lol, thanks man.

I made the Armaldo for Drake, and the Drifloon for Crickee ^_^

Kecleoshrew

Sorry for the Double Post
Jumbly6681249894-iaza.gif

Meh, not much

Willow's Tara

The Bewitched
I like these sprites, especially the ones with Altaria and Mightyena as well. Although some of the first few have green in them instead of white like the Marill and the Dratini one.

Kecleoshrew

I like these sprites, especially the ones with Altaria and Mightyena as well.
Thanks you n_n

Although some of the first few have green in them instead of white like the Marill and the Dratini one.
I have noticed this. the WBG'ing went wrong

Kurosaki_klan

AERODACTYL
I'd recommend, using Gimp or Paint.net, so you don't have to worry about the pesky transparent areas, They're both just like MS Paint, but allow you to do more.

On your Devamps, try thickening or adding the line and reducing the size of the sprite "giratina"

on your retypes, yes they look a lot like Fusions, but w/e, I lve your Water type.... Volbeat? whatever it is, I love the Scratching for the shell that looks like Squirtle's shell.

Kecleoshrew

I'd recommend, using Gimp or Paint.net, so you don't have to worry about the pesky transparent areas, They're both just like MS Paint, but allow you to do more.
Yeah, i may use that

On your Devamps, try thickening or adding the line and reducing the size of the sprite "giratina"
Yeah, i'll start doing that once i have time to change it

on your retypes, yes they look a lot like Fusions, but w/e, I lve your Water type.... Volbeat? whatever it is, I love the Scratching for the shell that looks like Squirtle's shell.
I take parts from other poke's and scratch on parts. Lol, im glad you like my Water Kricketot ^-^

M4zz

Banned
These are upmostly impressive keck, but you're style is too choppy. I'd suggest a bit more scratching on your retypes, as they just don't really appeal to me.