• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Professor Layton Series

ParaChomp

be your own guru
EDIT: As it turns out, the puzzles are released weekly from the day of release, 7 puzzles in a package. In other words, check next Sunday for a batch of 7 puzzles.
Okay, makes perfect sense. Thanks.

Steampunk

One Truth Prevails
im going to get miracle mask on tusday so dont spoil it XD
i love the movie and if they dont make the manga here, i will learn japaneese and have it imported dangit!
i have the theme song on my kindle and i listen to it while doing homework XD

Aegon

Is it just me, or was Chapter 3 extremely long compared to the others (thus far, anyway; I'm only on Chapter 5)?

EDIT: As it turns out, the puzzles are released weekly from the day of release, 7 puzzles in a package. In other words, check next Sunday for a batch of 7 puzzles.
That's all right. It's far easier than having to download a puzzle every day for a year.

Flame Mistress

Is it just me, or was Chapter 3 extremely long compared to the others (thus far, anyway; I'm only on Chapter 5)?
Thinking back, yeah, I think Chapter 3 was pretty long compared to all the others. Chapters 7 and 8 are quite short, though.

im going to get MM tomorrow, i can hard,y wait!

i am re-playing laytons london life now.
did anyone else notice the eternal diva characters in it?
What's London Life exactly like? Is it really worth a hundred hours of gameplay as advertised? (Asking since Europe didn't get London Life)

Flame Mistress

London Life is supposedly filled with a lot of humor, but the tasks start to become a chore in it.

Huh... I kinda wish we did get London Life, though. It seems interesting.

Speaking of humour, is it just me, or did anyone else find the dialogue in Miracle Mask (for those who've played it or are playing it) particularly funnier than usual?

MegaSerperior

<--- My life
London Life was interesting and it was a cool break, but it got really repetitive, and I was able to finish "the story" before I got one hundred hours. I haven't touched it since.

Flame Mistress

Serena was stupidly hilarious.

Oh yes. Serena... Just... Serena. And then there's this little gem:

Narcisse: Just look at my flawless nose, my glorious chin... my, aha, effortless smirk!
Layton: Hm, now that you mention it, your face does remind me of a puzzle.*
Emmy: Careful, Professor! Not everything is a puzzle!
Layton: Oh... I'm sorry. I could have sworn there was a puzzle here. My mistake.*

Now THAT was truly hilarious.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Never mind what I said about the dowloadable puzzles.

I just got a notification saying that each day is a new puzzle. They even have a schedule for each single one with their titles as well. As of this post, 2 are available.

EDIT: ...Which means these errors aren't related to the downloads. Dang.

Last edited:

Aegon

Haha, I love the reference to the Ferris wheel from Curious Village. I'm on Chapter 6 now. I really hope the major revelations aren't packed into the final two.

The daily puzzle download worked today for me; I've just received the past five puzzles.

Flame Mistress

Haha, I love the reference to the Ferris wheel from Curious Village. I'm on Chapter 6 now. I really hope the major revelations aren't packed into the final two.

The daily puzzle download worked today for me; I've just received the past five puzzles.

Luke, you spoke too soon. =p Same here. Looks like you can add pieces of furniture as you download and solve more daily puzzles, too.

DucksGoMooful

Evergreen tail?
Here comes myself with a Diabolical Box discussion.

That was the first and only one of his games I've ever played, but I loved it. I'm really looking forward to the Ace Attorney vs Professor Layton though.

Flame Mistress

Here comes myself with a Diabolical Box discussion.

That was the first and only one of his games I've ever played, but I loved it. I'm really looking forward to the Ace Attorney vs Professor Layton though.
You're not dead? Pandora's Box is actually the only main series game I haven't played. I have watched a playthrough of it, though, and it doesn't seem that interesting to me, compared to the other games, really.

DLC? That's cool. I wish the Layton games had something similar other than puzzles, like downloadable episodes.

One thing I noticed while surfing the net was that AA fans are pretty hyped up about the game, yet PL fans are pretty much meh about it. Probably because Phoenix looks really good in 3D while Layton looks like a pipe cleaner man with a pumpkin for a head (not to mention, he's a head shorter than Phoenix, the poor guy). Maybe that's just me, thougbh

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Nobody worried about how there's a blatant ignorance in height with all the 35 characters in Brawl (where of course people got shrunk or grown. Pikachu aren't that big!). Why should they worry about two? That's what happens sometimes when you do crossovers.

Oh, also, Ch. 6 of MM got me at the end. I'm still progressing through the main story, though.