• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Professor Layton Series

Flame Mistress

[SPOIL]I also get the feeling that Emmy is not all she appears to be. I was just thinking about how she'll be written out, since she doesn't appear in the first three games. The trailer for Azran Legacies (or Super-Civilisation A Legacies xD) implies that we'll find out who Descole is, too. Yay.[/SPOIL]
Now I am beginning to positively hate the crossover. I can't wait for the sixth game. XD

Every puzzle has an answer.

I haven't done that one yet, so I'm not looking at the solution. I hope it's all there. I've got eleven more puzzles to hunt down.

Never mind, I found it a bit earlier. Thanks though. That puzzle was torture. But it did give me those final 70 Picarats needed to unlock the Movies section... Yesssssss.

Random topic time: who's your favourite Professor Layton character? My favourites are Layton (who doesn't like that guy?), Descole, Emmy, Randall, and Claire (kinda).

Flame Mistress

I finished all the puzzles of the game.

But now I wish to clear all the "daily" puzzles. They give you pieces of furniture, so that'll be nice to collect.
The first five were ridiculously easy. The later ones were better. I still haven't got any more new pieces of furniture after the first one, though.

I finally got MM I am in chapter 3…I think.
As to my fave characters: don Paulo, luke, dimitri allen, Layton and descole
I never really liked Dimitri. Or Clive, for that matter, which will surely end up with me buried under a stack of bricks if I ever said this to the fangirls.

Also, a funny coincidence I found between Pokémon B2W2 and Miracle Mask:
[spoil]Join Avenue, a shopping mall of sorts that sprung up in a short space of time (depending on how you play, of course) thanks to the gathering of trainers from literally all over the world, is located right next to a desert, where ancient ruins have recently been discovered. Monte d'Or is a city that developed extremely quickly after its humble beginnings as an inn thanks to many people gathering from all over the country in search of Randall and Henry's determination to find him, is located right above ancient ruins. In Monte d'Or there is a place called Chance Avenue, the city's major shopping district. And best of all, there is a Backpacker... named Randall... in the Relic Path. Honestly.[/spoil]

Steampunk

One Truth Prevails
Also, a funny coincidence I found between Pokémon B2W2 and Miracle Mask:
[spoil]Join Avenue, a shopping mall of sorts that sprung up in a short space of time (depending on how you play, of course) thanks to the gathering of trainers from literally all over the world, is located right next to a desert, where ancient ruins have recently been discovered. Monte d'Or is a city that developed extremely quickly after its humble beginnings as an inn thanks to many people gathering from all over the country in search of Randall and Henry's determination to find him, is located right above ancient ruins. In Monte d'Or there is a place called Chance Avenue, the city's major shopping district. And best of all, there is a Backpacker... named Randall... in the Relic Path. Honestly.[/spoil]

o_O

i like MM so far, i cant wait for the PL/AA crossover. (i just got my first AA game)

i would like to predict that the masked gentleman is Henry...or less likely randall.
also which rabbit did u guys pick? i got the floppy eared one...i named him Nigma XD

Aegon

I only discovered today that Luke has a different voice actor in the US. >_>

Did they think his cockney accent would be too much for US players? I definitely prefer his UK one.

Flame Mistress

I only discovered today that Luke has a different voice actor in the US. >_>

Did they think his cockney accent would be too much for US players? I definitely prefer his UK one.

Reportedly, British test players hated Lani Minella's mockney voice for Luke do much that the UK completely redubbed his lines with Maria Darling's voice, a genuine British one. And thank god they did, too - I can't stand Luke's US voice. It doesn't sound very Luke at all. =/ I can't believe that some American players find Maria Darling's voice worse than Lani Minella's. Plus, Maria Darling voiced Roary the Racing Car.

I also watched the last few cutscenes of Lost Future again. I've... I've just got something in my eyes, that's all. Yeah, that's it. Something in my eyes. *sobs*

Aegon

Reportedly, British test players hated Lani Minella's mockney voice for Luke do much that the UK completely redubbed his lines with Maria Darling's voice, a genuine British one. And thank god they did, too - I can't stand Luke's US voice. It doesn't sound very Luke at all. =/ I can't believe that some American players find Maria Darling's voice worse than Lani Minella's. Plus, Maria Darling voiced Roary the Racing Car.
Oh, that explanation would make sense, regardless of its validity. I would have hated it if his US voice was in the EU English versions. It's funny how Lani Minella voices Luke, Flora and Emmy, though I guess the latter two roles aren't exactly demanding.

Flame Mistress

Oh, that explanation would make sense, regardless of its validity. I would have hated it if his US voice was in the EU English versions. It's funny how Lani Minella voices Luke, Flora and Emmy, though I guess the latter two roles aren't exactly demanding.

Apparently she voiced pretty much every single female character except Katia in the first trilogy (which... amounts to Flora and Celeste?).

Also, Yuri Lowenthal made a reappearance in Miracle Mask as Randall... which is actually quite hilarious, if you think about how he was Clive in Lost Future.

Flame Mistress

Flame Mistress. This spoiler box is just for you.

[spoil]Don't make them wonder why it's so funny because of you-know-what! Get rid of that similarity![/spoil]
...Eh?

And wait, Layton actually says that (the dialogue in your sig) in the US version? Oh... my... god... Descole punching out Mooks with bouncy sound effects is infinitely better, however

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
...Eh?

And wait, Layton actually says that (the dialogue in your sig) in the US version? Oh... my... god...

You EU people get Maria Darling, we get refined badass dialogue.

Also, another spoiler box for you. This is pretty heavy to you people who haven't finished the game, so...

[spoil]Stop hinting at how Clive and Randall are the same in personality in regards to revenge! Also, striking that line isn't going to cover the spoiler.[/spoil]

Flame Mistress

You EU people get Maria Darling, we get refined badass dialogue.

Also, another spoiler box for you. This is pretty heavy to you people who haven't finished the game, so...

[spoil]Stop hinting at how Clive and Randall are the same in personality in regards to revenge! Also, striking that line isn't going to cover the spoiler.[/spoil]
I'm confused. So you want me to just say the spoilers out loud, or not say them at all? I'm guessing the former, but still...

But five games of Maria Darling > One line of refined badass dialogue.

Flame Mistress

[spoil]Oh god, don't make people figure out what you're REALLY trying to say or else it'll spoil them big time! Stop the hints![/spoil]

[spoil]Okay, okay, I won't. Though I reckon most people here have finished Miracle Mask already...[/spoil]

EDIT: Oh flip, I totally forgot that PL =/= PKMN in terms of storyline for a bit there. XD

Last edited:

Aegon

And wait, Layton actually says that (the dialogue in your sig) in the US version? Oh... my... god... Descole punching out Mooks with bouncy sound effects is infinitely better, however
There are variations in the dialogue between English versions? I've never heard of that before.

Flame Mistress

There are variations in the dialogue between English versions? I've never heard of that before.

Yeah, for example Claire's Title Drop is "You won't forget, will you? Our shared past, and our... Lost Future." in the UK and "Do you remember, Hershel? I'll miss you, and our... Unwound Future.". Serena from Miracle Mask is also apparently Madeleine in the US, the Clampettes are the Groskettes, and apparently there aren't any bouncy sound effects in the post-credits cutscene. To name just a few.

On a side note, did anyone notice how much the voice actors have adapted to the characters over the years? It's most noticeable with Chris Miller, who voices Layton - his accent is rather crudely British in Curious Village ("I HAVE AN IDEYUH!", anyone?), but in Miracle Mask it's so perfectly British that you won't even be able to notice that he's totally faking it and is actually American, not British.

Last edited:

Steampunk

One Truth Prevails
Yeah, for example Claire's Title Drop is "You won't forget, will you? Our shared past, and our... Lost Future." in the UK and "Do you remember, Hershel? I'll miss you, and our... Unwound Future.". Serena from Miracle Mask is also apparently Madeleine in the US, the Clampettes are the Groskettes, and apparently there aren't any bouncy sound effects in the post-credits cutscene. To name just a few.

On a side note, did anyone notice how much the voice actors have adapted to the characters over the years? It's most noticeable with Chris Miller, who voices Layton - his accent is rather crudely British in Curious Village ("I HAVE AN IDEYUH!", anyone?), but in Miracle Mask it's so perfectly British that you won't even be able to notice that he's totally faking it and is actually American, not British.
i noticed the accent thing but i had no idea about the difference in lines, especially if they were drastic.

So is Miracle Mask a good place to hop onto the series or not?
well, there are better places but sience they are all (so far) disconnected you could really start at any of them. i started with unwound future, but thats just me.