• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Professor Rowan? What were they thinking?

Do you like the name: Professor Rowan?

• Yes

Votes: 30 78.9%
  • No

Votes: 8 21.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

nickyn00

*shrugs*
In all the other games, they've had cool names for the professors. Prof. Oak,
Prof. Elm and Prof. Birch.

But no, this time its Prof. Rowan. What were they thinking?! It's an absolutely horrible name. Discuss. Also, if you think the name is, okay, vote depending on which way your 'okay' is bending.

Last edited:

hevver

Heart of Darkness
they shouldve made it like:

Professor Maple or Spruce.

cuz all of the other profs
have names of trees.

:]

It doesnt bother me though.

Rakurai

Seeing as a Rowan is also a kind of tree, I have no problems with it.

Lishus13

Poli-Spriter!
Uh, excuse me, Rowan, Oak, Birch, and Elm are all trees. They are following a pattern here.

You are a minority, if his name was anything other than "Rowan" more people than you would be whining and complaining.

Come to think of it, Proffesor Rowan is basically the only English name revealed where people haven't whined and complained.

Keegan™

Rowan is a type of tree.

Picture (if anyone cares :D) :
rowan1.jpg

it's a tree and I odn't care all I care about is getting the game! :D

Meowth! That's right!

Cat Pokemon Trainer
Nanakamado translates to "rowan tree" so I knew they were going to call him "Professor Rowan".

Shiny Venusaur

Internet Relic
meh they followed the tradition so im happy

Impulsiv3

I could honestly could care less what the name is because your only going to talk to the guy how many times in the game? (Im not too sure about that because I havent played the game yet but comparing to the other games...)
I like it nonetheless and is following the pattern of the "tree" pattern. A great idea of thinking of names for the profs. for the games.

TogeticTheRuler

IMO this is the best prof. name, besides, at least it isn`t something like Professour Apple ( Like an apple tree?:D)

help

Wi-fi name is Spice
In all the other games, they've had cool names for the professors. Prof. Oak,
Prof. (i forgot the g/s/c one) and Prof. Birch.

But no, this time its Prof. Rowan. What were they thinking?! It's an absolutely horrible name. Discuss.

They were thinking of keeping their trend up. Their trend is that each professor is based off of a type of tree. Oak, birch, elm, and rowan are all types of trees.

maap

I don't really care what his name is I just care about acctually playing the game, but I guess it's a ok name

Status
Not open for further replies.