• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Project: Gijinka

Truly Deceptive

It is I: ME!
Lately in the world of Pokémon, everything has been going excellently. Humanity has been rescued from the brink of ruin several times. The world has been turning clean, and, for the first instance in human history, all nations have been exhibiting a glimpse of willingness to attain world peace. At the very least, that's how it all seems...

What follows is the story of several Gijinka.

In the recent age, Gijinka are recognized as atypical people; people with the hearts and souls of Pokémon. For the most part, they're all treated normally; no differently from one human as one to another. However, they are noted as being quite interesting; occasionally, some of them can even take on remarkably less human forms which are much more similar to the Pokémon they are truly. Despite all their differences and abnormalities, Gijinka are primarily considered to simply be... interesting.

Frequently, a Gijinka may arise to reach a high, respected standard in modern society (such as N); however, what is far less common is for a gijinka to be of a specific type variety (or, as N was, a gijinka of all Pokémon in their entirety). They may be appreciated as productive individuals with unusual personalities or, at their worst, absolutely detested as abominations of nature and thought of freakishly. Typically they would appear to be almost completely ordinary, with only a mild semblance of their Pokémon personalities in addition to an extent of such a Pokémon's abilities. They would also, in a regular society, perhaps be given various jobs to suit their capabilities (such as a Pikachu line Gijinka typically being expected to be a sort of electrician or something similar, like an electronic innovator or mechanic)...

...but that is not their story.

A young adult awoke to find himself immersed inside a stasis tank in a certain remote scientific laboratory.

What... the f*ck?!

He noticed around him several other subjects, all of which were trapped and contained similarly. At the center of the room he noticed someone - a somewhat younger girl - also restrained likewise, in a different type of tank, chained back against a wall. Multiple scientists and researchers in lab coats were standing nearby. They took note of the young experiment awakening.

"...how are you?" one of them, a woman who appeared to be quite young and acted subordinately to all the others (perhaps a college-age intern), kindly asked him.

"Who the hell are you? What-"

He was interrupted suddenly; the wall of the lab to his right was blown apart. Multiple troops from a certain region all started pouring in immediately. The scientists sent out their Pokémon; the numerous soldiers readied their weapons and did similarly.

"Wait; no!" the scientist who was looking over him exclaimed; she was immediately shot.

Several of the experiments began awakening. The soldiers and even the scientists were all shooting at everything. He caught sight of the girl in the center.

"Goddamnit; now we have to get rid of everything!" one of them who was standing in the center near the girl in the tank began shouting. "Quick; terminate all the experiments and take everyone out of here!" Several of the experiments began awakening. The soldiers and even the scientists were all shooting at everything. He caught sight of the girl in the center; she was waking.

"Agh! W-what are you doing?!"

He tried to beat the glass keeping him imprisoned furiously; it was cracking slowly. The head scientist from earlier stood over her. He brought out a knife. There were several mechanical limbs operating inside her container. She was being forcefully withheld by her chains. He opened her cell door and stood over her.

"Someone, help!" she screamed.

He finally managed to break out of his tank; he began gliding across the room over to their general vicinity. The scientist gripped her neck and brought his arm back, preparing to stab her. The test subject gripped his arm suddenly. He wrestled with the scientist and they fell back onto the fluid-covered ground. The experiment got above the researcher and kicked him in the face. He proceeded to the girl. He tried to concentrate.

The soldiers gained a new attention towards something. They began to shoot down all the test subjects, breaking the glass tanks. A few of them tripped out of their cells and got moving. Some of them walked around for a moment, wondering what the hell was going on right before getting gunned down. A few of them caught understanding of what was happening and managed to escape. Still others were shot up in their tanks and never got the opportunity to go on living.

Amidst the chaos, the young adult used a type of aura to break her chains and set her free; they made their escape quickly.

The young adult woke up a few hours later, lying down in the barracks of the upper floor of the Gateon Port Pokémon Center. He had taken a shot through the neck the prior day, but had removed the bullet by hand and used Roost to recover. He had been worn down for several hours as a consequence. It was just the morning after he and Jacqueline had escaped, but who knew what types of people might have been tracking and pursuing them even then?

jireh the provider

Video Game Designer
You know host, since we're starting at Orre's Gateon Port, I think I could start my work this time. In fact, the initiation for my character is just perfect for the scenario our lovable Togekiss and innocent Charizard may be. Oh, and if you have an idea that you wanted to share to me involving my character getting potentially involved with yours, you can send me a private message. even if you're the host that is.

"Come here girls!" with a travelling bag almost out of basic food supplies, a wandering nomad climbs down the stairs set by the big ship, though only one third the side of a Wailord, coming from Unova. Wearing his mocha colored hat (not a cap) as he touches Orre city ground, two bipedal pokemon catch up to him: his companions Milie and Ellie.

For Milie, being a healthily trained Mienshao minding the amount of food she eats, she helps her master carry the other survival bag her master bought for herself. All the while, she minds the well being of her youngest friend Ellie the Lilligant. Though she may look like a grown up, she's only twelve years old that still has much more to know and experience while the young lady plant enjoys basking on the sun after how many days she barely fed herself enough sunlight during the trip.

As the nomad reaches a bit of open space, he picks up two more pokeballs containing two more companions that stayed with him for a long time. Placing them on the ground and tapping them, two mice pokemon jump out: his only male pokemon named Rick the Raichu, and his very first pet pokemon and travel companion for thirty years named Cinna Mint the Cinccino.

"Cal! Are we here?" Cinna Mint greets her brother. She had been with him ever since his mother captured her for her master's birthday. In fact, she's able to speak human ever since they hang together before her master taught her to speak the human tongue vocally unlike the rest of her members.

"Yes I know Cin. Orre Region. First time for me to see this place and tour around and potentially find answers that I've been seeking. I know that this is a city girl. But please tolerate your impulsiveness for a moment. We need supplies before we could even travel." Cal, Calan's nickname, directly disciplines her with a bit of plea. While he appreciates the benefits of keeping his pokemon in pokeballs, he feels at home best when his four pokemon are with him; moreso than being surrounded with humans. The newly arrived gijinkas, just questionable and unsure.

Walking their way to the Pokemon Market, dancing in Ellie's case, he looks around the city only to find nothing of interest before heading to the market. After buying plenty of food rations that lasts for a week, restocking his empty medicinal kit, and resupplying his three empty two liter bottles with water, he places them in his survival bag. With the other survival bag held by Milie placed down, Calan refilled the bag with two extra one liter bottles of water, and extra food rations lasting for three days. With everything that he bought, he paid 780 pokedollars no problem.

Checking on his remaining cash, it's still plenty enough for his group after doing the extra temporary work within the luxurious ship of Unova. With not much left to worry about, he and his pokemon walk out into the city towards the stairs near the gate ready to see the new things happening around Orre. "Well, I may be able to find something out of interest on the way. Maybe..."

Milennin

*hugs Absol*
Roth Strithun - Absol Gijinka
Science Laboratory

Roth was woken up from his sleep by the sound of gunfire, glass shattering and screaming. He was still inside his stasis tank, unharmed. Around him were several broken tanks, some of them empty, some with the body of the test subject it had held... shot to death. Further away in the room there were soldiers armed with machine guns, firing at anything that seemed to move. Not without resistance, though. They were being assaulted by some of the test subjects who had escaped their tanks alive. Using the powers and abilities of Pokémon, some were able to withstand the bullets coming their way and strike back at the soldiers with immense force. Roth had known something bad was going to happen; he had sensed it days ago. But this was worse than he could have ever imagined.

Still feeling slightly dazed after just having woken up, Roth had trouble freeing himself from the mechanical limbs that held him inside the tank. The limbs did not resist when Roth detached them from his body; something must have de-activated the security mechanism.
One of the soldiers in the back had noticed the movement in Roth's tank and started unloading his machinegun in his direction. But he quickly was forced in paying attention to the Gijinka closing in on him and his squad. Some of the bullets had caused cracks in the glass, and with a few hits Roth was able to break it, finally freeing himself. He jumped out and fell on the ground, which was completely covered by a layer of liquid from the tanks mixed with the blood of the dead experiments. Pieces of glass were piercing his body, but Roth had no time to notice the pain. He had to get out of here, away from the chaos and death.

He forced himself to move, keeping his body low to the ground, hoping to avoid the attention of the soldiers. But the soldiers were still occupied, trying to keep the Gijinka that were attacking them under control. Rock-, Steel- and Fighting-type Gijinka were fighting together, forming a solid defence and a brutal offence against the gunfire from the soldiers. Like a coward, Roth used this opportunity to crawl away from the violence. Even if he'd wanted to, he wouldn't have been able to fight, not in his current state.

Truly Deceptive

It is I: ME!
Jacqueline Lief
Gateon Port

"Do you think anyone's following us?" she inquired.

"Probably." he replied.

They were outside, taking in the sights. There was a multitude of people. They fit well amongst the crowd.

"Well, I'm taking the next ship to Kanto." she calmly declared.

"With whose money?" he responded.

Misos Diabolou
Gijinka Experimentation Facility

"I don't care about how you do it; just clean it up and find their goddamn medical archives!" he yelled into the face of an injured staff sergeant.

"Yes, sir..." he dazedly responded; he had lost his right hand.

Most of the Gijinka were already dead by this point, although there were still a couple of uninvestigated rooms.

"Now," he continued, "I trust you've completed your task."

He turned to a somber lieutenant.

"These are all the experimentalists we could find alive." he despondently replied.

"So, who's in charge amongst our captives?" he requested.

He searched through them until he found a man in his forties, cringing in his presence.

"I don't care whether or not you're in charge of this sad, dismal experimentation facility."

"I'm not!" he replied.

He could detect quite clearly that he just wanted to cower in a corner, run, or hide somehow; to escape how miserable and cruel life was.

So, he still holds concern for things!

"You will tell me everything you know..." he immediately apprehended him with his mind, lifting him from the ground, choking the life out of him.

You worthless coward...

It was ostensible within seconds that he wanted to run away, or scream or something.

"Agh... stop..."

He began reaching at the air, hoping for a means of escape.

"He's... not... here right now... please..."

You fear for your own life, and only live to please yourself with things, and, valuing most your own life, you strip your experiments of the rights you so freely misuse.

He began bleeding through his eyes.

"It hurts..."

"Tell me who your employer was, and where I can find him, and this will all be over with, you stupid f*ck."

He began muttering a name.

jireh the provider

Video Game Designer
Character: Calan Velis

"Lilli." with her silky leaves caressing my arm, I look at Ellie once more with her smiling plant face and red flower crown adorning crown covering her head looking at something.

"Yeah, what is it girl?" with Calan's question in mind, his youngest pokemon calls out her own tongue as she points to something: somewhere in the very port where they just landed. Cinna Mint translated his pokemon's words to something he can understand. His cinccino point out that Ellie sees a human wearing clothes that look like a two legged togekiss. "So, you want to see an actual togekiss from that guy? Well, I ... I dunno."

"Lilligant... Lilli..." childish as the lady plant's plea may be, anything involved with humans gives him a bit of a nerve.

"Come on Cal. You toughen up from your human dilemma. Couldn't you get in touch with it again? All she wants is to say hi to that guy." like a sister Cinna Mint plays for him in his existing life, his human connections and bonding are getting a bit rusty. Maybe he could learn a new thing or two from that person.

"Well. Lead the way Ellie. Stick with Cinna Mint okay?" finishing my answer, my two girls head forward to this person that my young girl wanted to see.

As Milie, Rick, and I catch up with them, my lilligant is touching the male cosplayer's arms as if it's the first time she saw something that she should have been familiar with: human skin. While my long true companion talks to this other cosplayer's partner, a woman who looks to be both in costume and make up of a charizard, a part of me just slows down my thoughts on how should I reply to them.

Giving them my gestural bow with my travel hat held on my left hand, I said, "Well. Hello there sir. Maam. Sorry if my Lilligant disturbed you. She's rather young and really curious about the costumes you two are wearing. So, mind if I pick her up?" I finish my question as I grab on her leafy hand telling her that she does enough of her strange fun time.

Milennin

*hugs Absol*
There's only 3 people participating in the RP now?
Roth Strithun - Absol Gijinka
Science Laboratory

Roth slipped into an empty corridor. He had seen several other Gijinka enter here to escape when Roth was still inside his stasis tank. Trying to stand up, Roth felt the pain in his body. Pieces of glass were piercing his chest, legs and feet. With every step, Roth felt glass sinking deeper into his feet, but he had to find a way out of the lab, somehow. He wandered around, aimlessly, not knowing where to go. The sounds of gunfire and shouting were far away now. Now and then there was a loud bang in the distance, causing the ground to shake. This part of the facility seemed to be completely empty, and there were no signs of violence having taken place in these corridors. Exhaustion was taking over Roth's body. The loss of blood further weakened him, and he knew he wouldn't be able to go on for much longer like this.

He walked into a large room, filled with racks holding Pokéballs; so many of them. This is when Roth's memories slowly returned to him. He was a Pokémon trainer... before all of this happened. His Pokémon were his friends; but they were no longer with him. Roth examined the racks, they were sorted alphabetically. Not by Pokémon, but by their owner's name. These might be the Pokémon that were owned by the Gijinka that were taken here by force. A sudden rush of adrenaline and excitement went through Roth as he started looked for his name amongst the racks.

There they were! His Pokémon, all four of them. But would it be safe to let them out? Roth started to panic. He wanted his friends to be with him, but at the same time he did not want to risk them getting hurt, or dying. Yet there was no way of bringing them with him, as he had nothing to hold the Pokéballs with. Roth looked around, searching for anything that might be of use. In a corner of the room there was a dead scientist, who had likely shot himself in the head with the gun lying next to his dead body.

Roth took the scientist's labcoat and hung it over his shoulders. He also grabbed the pistol which might have some bullets left in it. Roth could not tell for sure, since he had never used a firearm before. He walked back to the rack that held his Pokéballs, took them out and put them in the coat's pockets. Having retrieved his friends, Roth felt a warmth of happiness. Though, it didn't last long, as the pain and exhaustion returned to him, stronger than before, and brought him to his knees. He sat down, leaning against one of the many racks. He closed his eyes and tried to relax his stressed and wounded body. At this rate, Roth wasn't sure if he'd ever be able to open his eyes ever again.