• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Project Mew (1222)

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
On a rewatch the 2 parter Project Mew finale was like 10x better than when I originally watched it. Already over the initial disappointed and my own internal expectations and hype I had, so could finally appreciate this episode for what the writers actually intended to portray!!

You know I used to be miffed about Project Mew happening after the Finals and thought it should have happened before so it could have gotten more attention and could have allowed the finale hype to play longer into MPM, but honestly it's kind of fitting this happens afterwards. Simply coz the PWC is just a battle tournament at the end of the day, even if it is the biggest battle tournament. This, this encompasses the world of Pokemon and its origin as a whole

It honestly is a great metaphor for the direction of the franchise and anime as a whole. Pokemon is so much more than just tournament battling, the entire world is too vast and too much lore to just end with battling, SV shows that, the Pokemon master goal being more than just battling shows that, the new anime will show it coz I doubt it's centrality would be tied to a tournament arc again (although we definitely would see a tournament arc again I reckon)

So therefore Project Mew happening after the tournament arc does make thematic sense. And boy, was this episode so well written. Actual thought went into showcasing faraway island and table mountain's world building.

JN hasn't really done a good job with world building overall, which is why you appreciate it so much more here when you can see actual effort put in by the atmosphere, music, drawings, dialouge. Perfect honestly

Starswirl Pikachu

So project Mew's story has to come after the giant tournament battle which would be a tough act to follow even on a good day. For some reason there is something wrong with the pokeballs on the island and I would think that Goh must feel very sad on the inside because they are not able to capture any of the incredibly rare pokemon that were appearing everywhere. Scenery is nice but hopefully the next part does a little more.