• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Project Mew: Special Preview

mystreon

the elder eevee
WHY DOES ASH HAVE AN INFERNAPE, is it his????? ok the gary episode seems i know its just an image so i am stretching a bit but he has his electivire and he looks more serious i feel more confident they have not just retconned him.

OMG and we get to see all of ashs mons again, tho the group in the trailer, no muk? please dotn leave him out, god im so emotional.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
WHY DOES ASH HAVE AN INFERNAPE, is it his????? ok the gary episode seems i know its just an image so i am stretching a bit but he has his electivire and he looks more serious i feel more confident they have not just retconned him.

OMG and we get to see all of ashs mons again, tho the group in the trailer, no muk? please dotn leave him out, god im so emotional.

i'm going to assume this either sarcasm, or you didn't watch the sinnoh saga.

seeing as how it looks like Gary's still more of a researcher, anyone think he still might be in the PWC or not? Cause i'm starting to think no.

Master Pikachu 11

While it true that the new anime characters having both forms of Urshifu doesn’t prevent Ash from getting a Kubfu and evolving it, it does however mean that Ash catching a Kubfu and evolving into Urshifu is not a definite thing.

Sure it’s still possible that Ash could get a Kubfu and evolve it into Urshifu, however it’s also just as likely that he won’t catch a Kubfu.
That has always been the case regardless of these two COTDs that will appear in this arc, it was never definite that Ash would get it because Goh still exists. But again Urshifu appearing with a COTD doesn’t mean that we won’t get an episode that actually focuses on the Urshifu line so I doubt that a cameo appearance is going to change anything.

I also don’t think that because there is a chance that Ash will use reserves again, that will stop him from catching more Pokémon because writers like to give Ash new Pokémon that he can work with like Farfetch’d and Riolu for instance. Also there is a chance that the reserves only appear here but don’t get used until even later in the future, so let’s wait to see if he brings the reserves with before you start getting too hype up because you could end up disappointed if he doesn’t end up bringing the reserves with him.

Red and Blue

seeing as how it looks like Gary's still more of a researcher, anyone think he still might be in the PWC or not? Cause i'm starting to think no.
I dont think so either. Still hope we can get G-MAX Pikachu vs G-MAX Blastoise as a normal match

Master Pikachu 11

It is kind of unfortunate that they seem to just be taking bits and pieces from the DLC instead of making a straight adaptation based on it. Was looking forward to characters like Mustard, Klara, and Peony
I mean nothing is stopping the writers from having Ash and Goh from returning to CT in a future episode as well as go to IOA, so these characters can still appear despite this arc. I mean many thought Hau wasn’t going to show up in SM and then he did, so anything is still possible in this series.

mystreon

the elder eevee
Infernape returning sounds more like BDSM promotion than anything. I won't expect greninja and others to return.
Greninja

I know he had one in sinnoh anime, thats why im freaking out

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Also there is a chance that the reserves only appear here but don’t get used until even later in the future, so let’s wait to see if he brings the reserves with before you start getting too hype up because you could end up disappointed if he doesn’t end up bringing the reserves with him.

You expect them to transfer all of them over to the Cerise park? That would be overkill, besides aren't dex's supposed to be able to swap pokemon in general anyway?

I dont think so either. Still hope we can get G-MAX Pikachu vs G-MAX Blastoise as a normal match

I agree, I still feel to this day that Pikachu needs a win over Gary, since he's ash's first rival, and yet as Ash's starter it hasn't been able to get a win against him, heck it was beaten the two times Ash lost to Gary too.

I know he had one in sinnoh anime, thats why im freaking out

that's fair, I apologize for what I said.

Master Pikachu 11

You expect them to transfer all of them over to the Cerise park? That would be overkill, besides aren't dex's supposed to be able to swap pokemon in general anyway?

I agree, I still feel to this day that Pikachu needs a win over Gary, since he's ash's first rival, and yet as Ash's starter it hasn't been able to get a win against him, heck it was beaten the two times Ash lost to Gary too.

that's fair, I apologize for what I said.
Not transfer to Cerise’s park but when he travels to different regions or participate in PWC battles let’s see if he has some of the reserves on hand or he calls Oak to temporarily send his reserves to him like he did for the DP league.

Dynamic_Fusion

HIKARI HYPE
An Ash that's not wearing his Sinnoh clothes commanding Infernape still feels surreal. How did we get to the point where something as simple as this seemed only possible in fanfictions?
Things like this are supposed to be the bare minimum for any Anime but the Pokemon Anime is another story which barely has any continuity, is way too episodic and is so gimmicky.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
They did that in the wake of a disaster though.
This is different or at least it would be if they actually omit it
I mean they skipped the Ultra Recon Squad, Silph Co, the Looker Bureau, the Delta Episode, Rainbow Rocket...

Leonhart

Imagineer
The fact that Goukazaru left the lab is interesting. I'm not that interested in seeing him again specifically, but at least the writers are doing something new with the reserves. As for Project Mew: I can't say that excites me either since it sounds like something that should happen at the end of this series rather than now. I can't imagine that it'll actually benefit Gou however since I don't think he'll capture Mew in this upcoming arc.