• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Project Mew: Special Preview

BlueLight

I am super hyped, Ash with all his other Pokemon, his battle with Iris, in my opinion, will be super-amazing! Ash reuniting with Gary and The Crown Tundra! I never expected to be so hyped up after watching the preview of Project Mew! But why isn't Chloe present? I think it's just like the Sword and Shield Arc! Eagerly looking forward to this super arc!

Dragonsoldier77

Bittersweet Satisfaction
I am super hyped, Ash with all his other Pokemon, his battle with Iris, in my opinion, will be super-amazing! Ash reuniting with Gary and The Crown Tundra! I never expected to be so hyped up after watching the preview of Project Mew! But why isn't Chloe present? I think it's just like the Sword and Shield Arc! Eagerly looking forward to this super arc!
Because it would be hard to make evee do cutesy stuff in a serious setting, and that’s the entirety of their job description.

TomRC121991

What about seen some more like...
[
]
  1. Bulbasaur
  2. Charizard
  3. Kingler
  4. Muk
  5. Tauros
  6. Snorlax
  7. Heracross
  8. Bayleef
  9. Quilava
  10. Totodile
  11. Noctowl
  12. Donphan
  13. Swellow
  14. Sceptile
  15. Corphish
  16. Torkoal
  17. Glalie
  18. Staraptor
  19. Torterra
  20. Infernape
  21. Buizel
  22. Gliscor
  23. Gible
  24. Unfezant
  25. Oshawott
  26. Pignite
  27. Snivy
  28. Scraggy
  29. Leavanny
  30. Palpitoad
  31. Boldore
  32. Krookodile
  33. Talonflame
  34. Hawlucha
  35. Noivern ♂

Red and Blue

Honesty I wouldn’t be that surprised if the Rapid Strike Style goes to that new female character who has the color blue on her clothing. Heck they could even have her kill two birds with one stone by having her have a Kubfu that winds up evolving into Urshifu Rapid Strike Style.
Maybe, we'll see. Though even if both Urshifu forms go to them I'm not sure that totally rules out Ash getting a Kubfu.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
What we all saw was 6 episodes worth of plot hiding 40 episodes of filler, right.

Iris became the champion? Well, we all have seen this Alder, so it shouldn't have been that hard for her to beat him. Ha ha.

I can't be hyped for Infernape's return when all it does is to have some sort of really random focus on...Moltres. Why? It's kind of really sick that previous reserves are getting just as much focus as his current team, except said focus doesn't really last.

And it looks like they're massacring the Crown Tundra and Isle of Armor storylines by utterly replacing Calyrex's storyline with Mew and relocating one Urshifu to the tundra. So much Peony stealing the show.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Either way, while this arc is important, what's just as important is to see if this is just a one-off thing or if things will get more focus from now on

ShadowForce720

Maybe, we'll see. Though even if both Urshifu forms go to them I'm not sure that totally rules out Ash getting a Kubfu.
Yeah of course it doesn’t, however I don’t think it a case where Ash will definitely get Kubfu like some people want to believe, but rather it being in the same boat as other Pokémon in that Ash might get it, or he might not get it.

dman_dustin

The article says this SEEMS to be the case. It does not say it IS the case.

(also, it's champion of the Isshu REGION, not league. Leagues don't have champions.)
Would there be any reason to suggest Iris "seems" to be champion and not "is" in the context to the anime?

If the article is for kids how would they know the outfit is her champion outfit in a video game that is 8 years old?

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Would there be any reason to suggest Iris "seems" to be champion and not "is" in the context to the anime?

If the article is for kids how would they know the outfit is her champion outfit in a video game that is 8 years old?

I'd assume they're specifying that she appears to have become champion BECAUSE they know not everyone will recognize that outfit and make the "she's wearing her champion outfit, does that mean...?" connection on their own.

And this article isn't written for kids.

Kawaii Emolga

The cutest EVER!!!!
This looks really interesting! I can't wait to see Ash's old pokémon again!
I really like these new character's designs.
It's a Crown Tundra arc/episode? But where's the Crown Tundra stuff? Like Calyrex, the horses, galarians birds/regis?

Kawaii Emolga

The cutest EVER!!!!
It annoys me that the writers don't let Koharu participate on these more serious adventures :/

Finally, I've been waiting for the reserves to make their appearance for at least a brief moment, so needless to say I'm already satisfied with this trailer. I've said it multiple times but - If his current Pokemon aren't even making that many appearances, I would rather that Ash not catch anymore new Pokemon, and instead use his reserves and perhaps let them shine a little too. Rather than him catching even more newer Pokemon and us just not seeing them that often... *Cough* Gengar primarily making cameo appearances these days... *Cough*

Also, I can't wait to see Iris and Gary in action, as well as crown tundra stuff! Also, I was not expecting Infernape to be used this early on so that's pretty cool.

I hope this all ends with Ash bringing his reserves to Sakuragi Institute
I honestly wouldn't see the point in Ash having to do this. Much like he has his alolan mons with Kukui, his older Pokemon with Oak, and his current Pokemon with Sakuragi, I don't think he'll just move them all to Sakuragi's Institute. He could just call upon any of his reserves by calling the respective Professor who has the Pokemon he needs. (Calling Kukui for Melmetal, Oak for one of his older Pokemon, etc.)

Master Pikachu 11

Honesty I wouldn’t be that surprised if the Rapid Strike Style goes to that new female character who has the color blue on her clothing. Heck they could even have her kill two birds with one stone by having her have a Kubfu that winds up evolving into Urshifu Rapid Strike Style.
Even if this female character has the other form of Urshifu it does not mean that Ash can’t get one latter in a future episode since Kubfu has not appeared. Also just because a pokemon has appeared in a episode does not mean that a different one can not get captured in a future episode as we have seen this with Goh’s captures multiple times now like Mankey for instance. My theory is these characters are only here for a project Mew arc. I still expect a future IOA arc and CT in a future episode that focuses more of those areas. Since Leon is a main focus of Ash in this series then I expect Mustard to show up eventually since he is Leon’s mentor.