• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Project Mew: Special Preview

dman_dustin

I'd assume they're specifying that she appears to have become champion BECAUSE they know not everyone will recognize that outfit and make the "she's wearing her champion outfit, does that mean...?" connection on their own.

And this article isn't written for kids.

Which is meaningless if she's not champion instead it should just be attire she's seen wearing in the games.

The mention of "champion" seems irrelevant here. Even if she's trying to become champion why not say that, something like "Iris has decided her goal is to be the Unova Champion" or whatever equivalent.

Why is there, this "seems to be" in relation to her outfit which really wouldn't matter or make sense if she wasn't currently champion, it would simply be just an outfit that she wears in the games and now the anime. The champion bit is wholly unnecessary here if she isn't.

It's like a video game character who becomes a villain and wears a specific bloodstain outfit as a result of a massacre of children like a trophy, or admission of villainy, and in the anime we don't see the character for years and then comes back donning that outfit and article says "seems to have massacred a group of children and turned evil" but the "seems to be" isn't confirmation, again in this hypothetical example I fail to understand the point in mentioning this, if it was simply an outfit being worn.

Lionel_B

I moderate my hype.

Not that I am used to being disappointed by Journeys, I still prefer this cycle to all that has been done since the end of Advanced Generation (except Sun & Moon that I put above).

It's been months that I'm waiting for Iris come back, but... Seriously ? Unova Champion ? So, I like Iris, I prefer it largely to Dawn and Serena to quote examples, but it's not a bit abused ? The scriptwriters have not wanted to make the character in BW, and now you tell me that without Ash, she became League Champion ? But I would have preferred to attend that rather than all the series that followed BW ! Give a redemption to Iris, she deserves it, but you are too much.

The return of the Old Ash Pokémon makes me happy and I hope we will be able to exploit them ! Because infernape, it does not hype me. So it's the greatest achievement of this desire to make in-depth developments in Diamond & Pearl, but apart from that, I have never liked the Pokémon in a general way. That's why I would prefer to see other Pokémon, I will not name the most powerful as Sceptile or Charizard (who has not returned to Johto since the end of BW, we only learn that now), let's not talk about Greninja where at this point, I will have more respect for the series if it did not appear, but I would have preferred that we focus on other Pokémon, like a certain Toterra that had a great development until reaching its final form to lose all its fights because its Infernape that must be put forward...

It blocks me a little, but the ads are encouraging, I take what we give me... And I hope Caltyrex will appear.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Which is meaningless if she's not champion instead it should just be attire she's seen wearing in the games.

The mention of "champion" seems irrelevant here. Even if she's trying to become champion why not say that, something like "Iris has decided her goal is to be the Unova Champion" or whatever equivalent.

Why is there, this "seems to be" in relation to her outfit which really wouldn't matter or make sense if she wasn't currently champion, it would simply be just an outfit that she wears in the games and now the anime. The champion bit is wholly unnecessary here if she isn't.

It's like a video game character who becomes a villain and wears a specific bloodstain outfit as a result of a massacre of children like a trophy, or admission of villainy, and in the anime we don't see the character for years and then comes back donning that outfit and article says "seems to have massacred a group of children and turned evil" but the "seems to be" isn't confirmation, again in this hypothetical example I fail to understand the point in mentioning this, if it was simply an outfit being worn.

Come on dude, they're just pointing out that she's wearing the outfit she wore as a champion in the game for the benefit of people that didn't remember that outfit well enough to have recognized it. They're not telling YOU anything you didn't already know from watching that video, they're telling OTHER people, those that haven't seen that outfit for 10 years and only kind of remember what it looked like, that yes, that's her champion outfit from B2W2 you're seeing in that video.

ShadowForce720

Even if this female character has the other form of Urshifu it does not mean that Ash can’t get one latter in a future episode since Kubfu has not appeared. Also just because a pokemon has appeared in a episode does not mean that a different one can not get captured in a future episode as we have seen this with Goh’s captures multiple times now like Mankey for instance. My theory is these characters are only here for a project Mew arc. I still expect a future IOA arc and CT in a future episode that focuses more of those areas. Since Leon is a main focus of Ash in this series then I expect Mustard to show up eventually since he is Leon’s mentor.
While it true that the new anime characters having both forms of Urshifu doesn’t prevent Ash from getting a Kubfu and evolving it, it does however mean that Ash catching a Kubfu and evolving into Urshifu is not a definite thing.

Sure it’s still possible that Ash could get a Kubfu and evolve it into Urshifu, however it’s also just as likely that he won’t catch a Kubfu.

Watershuriken97

We literally getting the potential being delivered rn yet y'all instead of celebrating a true anipoke dream moment are still bitching and being negative. Make it make sense god
I mean, while i do 100% agree we shouldn't ***** or hate (goh or ash's mons like every week or so, ive commented enough on haters haha) it is fair to be realistic instead of idealistic.

I am getting a feeling that Go will get that Regice. That frozen Pokeball might have Regice in it.

Glad Goukazaru is back. They had to make it go after Sinnoh. IIRC this is the first time we are seeing a member of this species since the end of DP. Maybe it is finally time for the Ultra Instinct form. Too many expectations.

Dracovish is most likely losing. It might do some serious damage to Dragonite but I think it will take an L here. I won't mind Iris becoming the champion. She had the potential and was away for a while.

I like the Moltres' animation. The most beautiful legendary bird drawn beautifully.

It doesn't look like Gary will battle Ash. Too early to tell but it looks like he is more into research. That Blastoise scene might be his entry.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
I mean, while i do 100% agree we shouldn't ***** or hate (goh or ash's mons like every week or so, ive commented enough on haters haha) it is fair to be realistic instead of idealistic.
It just kinda is annoying how during a hype session of this magnitude where we anipoke fans can celebrate something people have to bring in their negativity/cynicism to buzzkill. Like can't we for a moment be hopeful and be hyped for what was shown (which was big). Are there even anipoke fans lurking here anymore? It just feels annoying to me

diakyu

Glad we're introducing these project mew guys here so we don't have to guess how Goh's goal will elude him at the end because success doesn't exist in this show/s

Watershuriken97

I love the trailer, we're gonna have a few 'ok' episodes with the flabebe and pikachu, though you never know of course.
But i'm really looking forward to seeing the old pokemon, i'm fine with it just being this episode, though it wouldn't make sense to start later than the top 100 with using older pokemon, i want to have faith in them, but im prepared for just a few episodes of glory and nostalgia.
Really curious to the reason infernape left the lab for something.
It just kinda is annoying how during a hype session of this magnitude where we anipoke fans can celebrate something people have to bring in their negativity/cynicism to buzzkill. Like can't we for a moment be hopeful and be hyped for what was shown (which was big). Are there even anipoke fans lurking here anymore? It just feels annoying to me
ye i completely understand you, i'm also in the 'omg omg omg yeeees' boat, im loving this, be it for 1 episode or 100.... people just sadly are pessimistic often, to each their own. But it's because of the general negativity, that it feels even more annoying so, i do get ya

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
I'm still very confused as to why they gave such an important Pokemon like Urshifu to a random COTD who looks too out of place in what appears to be the Crown Tundra just to look for Mew there.

Is Calyrex now appearing the Isle of Armor.

Sidagam

Not only do we get an Oak ep and get to see the reserves, something loads of people on this forum were wanting, but we get a specific plot involving Infernape, my favorite Pokemon Ash has ever owned? Holy hell, it's as if they asked me what I wanted to see and then were like "well, here ya go".

Looking forward to seeing Gary. Looks like we see Electivire and Blastoise too.

So the Iris battle is a 2 v 2. Thank god. Now I'm really looking forward to seeing Dracovish. Her other pokemon is definitely Haxorus.

That's some massive hype. Lots to look forward to. But the highlight for me is almost certainly going to be Ash with Infernape again, even if it's only brief

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
I'm still very confused as to why they gave such an important Pokemon like Urshifu to a random COTD who looks too out of place in what appears to be the Crown Tundra just to look for Mew there.

Because he isn't a random CoTD as it seems. He's gonna be around for the whole arc plus he kinda seems shady to me, don't judge before the episode comes and we know the extent of his role

Watershuriken97

To some degree i feel like it's because ash has 2 fight types, and goh already has 2 'main' pokemon so they wrote themselves in a corner on that maybe...it could have been a thing for a returning character, koharu or someone like that. But i don't find the pokemon to be that interesting personally

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
To some degree i feel like it's because ash has 2 fight types, and goh already has 2 'main' pokemon so they wrote themselves in a corner on that maybe...it could have been a thing for a returning character, koharu or someone like that. But i don't find the pokemon to be that interesting personally
Nothing is really stopping the writers to give Ash a lot of the same type. He still had 3 Flying-types in Kalos.

Though if that is the Crown Tundra, they're skipping Calyrex altogether, demeaning the Isle of Armor plot because people Goh there to learn how to be a good Champion like Leon (even if we all know how he "developed" in there) unless maybe Urshiguy is going to be Ash's league dream crusher and even then he may exist to gatekeep Kubfu from the boys as perhaps Mustard owns the other one, and we're not seeing Klara, Avery, Peony, or Peonia (though maybe not seeing them here spares them from the anime mutilating them all).