• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Project Mew: Special Preview

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
It’s sick that A nine tales could be going to one of the boys when they had Lillie sitting on an Ice Stone for MONTHS.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
still want to know why only the select group of Ash's reserves is getting attention and not all of his pokemon, the fact that all the ones we see have bio's doesn't help those not shown either.

dman_dustin

still want to know why only the select group of Ash's reserves is getting attention and not all of his pokemon, the fact that all the ones we see have bio's doesn't help those not shown either.

They may have only had access/permission to base it soley on the project Mew preview.

As for why the anime selected that frame to focus on, maybe because its the best shot with Ash and his Pokemon, while the others are disjointed and not as expansive of options like 1-2 here and 2-3 there.

Decidueye23

I think that post mentions something about him havibg more that arent there in the picture. It just describes the ones appearing in that picture. That is all. Ai am sure we ll see more in the episode. His entire hoenn squad and half his unova squad are missing.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
A few reasons:

1) Can't get a hold of the VAs.
or...
2) Animators do not want to animate them all, which heavily implies they really won't be important.
or...
3) Anyone else besides Infernape is a meager bonus.

Dragonsoldier77

Bittersweet Satisfaction
Yeah i wouldn’t try to look too deeply into it. They’re clearly just giving a brief mention of the pokemon that are clearly visible to remind people who they are using the pic we’ve seen in the preview so to not spoil all the fun.

They didn’t give bulbasaur a bio as well even though he’s there but obstructed by ash. I wouldn’t take this as them saying the others won’t appear or anything.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
For those who didn't see it:

yzg3pAz.jpg

GO'S CHALLENGE:
What is PROJECT MEW,
which searches for the Mythical Pokémon Mew?

Everyone involved with Pokémon dreams of the Mythical Pokémon Mew. And it appears there is a project team that researches and attempts to locate Mew! Are Tsurugi and Asahi, the two Trainers Go encounters, members of this team?

SUPER POWERFUL RIVALS APPEAR!
Discovering Mew is a big dream for Go, who saw it in person when he was little! Project Mew might turn into a lead that can make him fulfill his dream.
(additional cut-off blurb)

ARE THEY CONNECTED TO THE PROJECT?! LEGENDARY POKÉMON SHOW UP AS WELL!!
The Legendary Pokémon Wulaosu and Regice are in the middle of a battle! Stay tuned to learn what kind of story will take place on this inaccesssible snow peak!

WULAOSU: A Fighting/Dark type Pokémon. It moves are so sharp it finishes matches in a single strike!
(cut-off Regice profile)

AN ABSOLUTE MUST SEE: A MASS GATHERING OF SATOSHI'S POKÉMON!!
Pokémon Satoshi has got in the past appear all at once! We will present the 16 of them that are seen here, though note that he has many other companions in addition to these:
WARUVIAL: Satoshi's Waruvial wears sunglasses.
FIARROW: Reliably evolved from a Yayakoma after many battles.
LIZARDON: A companion that has been through fierce battles in many different places.
ONVERN: Evolved from an Onbat that hatched from an egg Satoshi found by chance.
CHAOBOO: Evolved from a Pokabu that was abandoned by a Trainer!
KABIGON: Satoshi got a wild Kabigon that was wolfing down fruit!
BAYLEAF: A female Pokémon that loves Satoshi!
HERACROS: It loves sap! It has done a lot of good work in battles as well.
HEIGANI: A glutton with a cheerful personality. It has done a lot of good work in battles as well.
MAGMARASHI: Evolved from a Hinoarashi that had its own tempo, and has done good work in battles!
BUOYSEL: Satoshi got this Pokémon when he traded with his companion Hikari.
DONFAN: Evolved in battle from a Gomazou that hatched from an egg!
LUCHABULL: It's obsessed with successfully nailing cool-looking moves.
MIJUMARU: It couldn't keep its eyes open under water, but overcome this issue after training with atoshi!
WANINOKO: Very cheerful, breaks into a dance whenever it comes out of its Lure Ball.
GOUKAZARU: A Pokémon that achieved victory in many battles. It occasionally runs wild, having an Ability called "Blaze" that increases its power in a pinch.

E2b5APl.jpg

SATOSHI, GO AND SHIGERU
CHALLENGE THE LEGENDARY POKÉMON FIRE!!

An encounter with Shigeru turns into a battle against a legendary Pokémon! Satoshi challenges Fire alongside Goukazaru, the return of a pairing we haven't seen for quite a while! What kind of battle will we get when they form a Fire type tag team with Go and Aceburn?! And just what is Shigeru's goal?!

FIRE: One of the legendary bird Pokémon. Its beautiful feathers look as if they're burning, and even a single one of them is considered an extremely rare valuable.

Blurb: Fire controls flames! How will Satoshi and Go fight it?

LucasMV

Seriously, why isn't Ash bringing his Charizard for some Charizard/Blastoise action. Miiissed opportunity there.
I just realized this is the first time Ash's Charizard and Gary's Blastoise are going to appear in the same episode, since they fought at the Johto League ages ago.

I was hoping Ash would have a friendly battle with Gary at the very least. But so far doesn't look like he will.

Morax

King of heroes
I just realized this is the first time Ash's Charizard and Gary's Blastoise are going to appear in the same episode, since they fought at the Johto League ages ago.

I was hoping Ash would have a friendly battle with Gary at the very least. But so far doesn't look like he will.
IMO that plays well with his change since DP. He's not exactly a trainer anymore and has no reason to join the PWC.

LucasMV

IMO that plays well with his change since DP. He's not exactly a trainer anymore and has no reason to join the PWC.
I agree, but I didn't mean a PWC battle. Just a friendly battle like the one they had at the end of AG.
Seems like a wasted opportunity to bring back the OG rival and not have them battle at all.

Morax

King of heroes
I agree, but I didn't mean a PWC battle. Just a friendly battle like the one they had at the end of AG.
Seems like a wasted opportunity to bring back the OG rival and not have them battle at all.
I can understand but i would rather they talk and reminisce about their past than a quick and meaningless battle.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Why didn’t they didn’t mention Bulbasaur?
He had his chance in the Kanto trip from SM already where he was pratically the only old Ash mon we saw there.

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
I’m glad his Unova Pokémon is getting showed love. I kinda wish one of them got the spotlight instead of Infernape. I realize BDSP are a couple of months away so might as well start the promotion and Infernape does bring back fond memories but Ash’s Unova Pokémon sucked. One of them needs a redemption arc