• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Project Phoenix

I think it could be an interesting opportunity for a type combination. Its horn could be made of ice, it could be a bolt of lighting, it could be a drill. Narwhals are awesome.

EDIT: Ice/Steel would be an awesome combination if you ask me :3 As for the wrinkliness, you can really show that with shading moreso than just design. I think it looks mostly Normal but it could be anything if you recolour and add a few features, really.

Phoenix update. Colours subject to change. Thoughts?
iaza19433928811200.png

Last edited:
Most definitely. I could see it as either a 2-stager or another standalone. Ice/Steel would be a unique type-combo, too. It'd have great HP and Attack, and pretty good Defense. Hopefully, it would have an Ability like Thick Fat to protect it from Fire type moves. Maybe a new one called Blubber, which would weaken Fighting, Fire and Ice moves.

I like how the Phoenix is coming along. Do I smell a mascot? I think it'd be cool if it had blue flames, but that's just me. I think the beak could be a bit more rounded at the bridge, but then again, Lotad has a beak like that too. Do as you will. :p

Ooh, I love the blue flames idea. I think the tail will be blue flames, but not like Moltres. More like a whispy fire thing. Like the tails I had above. Do you guys like the purple/pink combo? I'm undecided. With blue flames it might be too much with that colour scheme, but I love the idea of blue flames, it seems more mystical. I haven't started working on the beak at all, to be honest. Also, since you got me thinking about abilities, I think Serene Grace seems obvious. Maybe we could come up with something new for it to play off the phoenix myth. Like if it faints in battle, but you don't white out and return to the Pokemon Center, it regenerates and has 1 HP. Since they are reborn from ashes, when it is defeated, it can return to life. Or something?

Thick Fat would be a perfect ability for the Narwhal, same with Blubber. I'm not a big fan of standalones, they seem to be generally going in the direction of eliminating the standalones for the most part. Until the 5th gen, at least.

Phoenix update:
iaza19433974922700.png

EDIT:
Worked on the beak, tail, and edited the wings.
iaza19433987006400.png

Last edited:
Wow, that tail looks amazing! Glad to see it's all coming together. I like how the wings have a visible shimmer to it...it definitely adds to the mystical nature. Do we have a name for it yet? Serene Grace would be a perfect ability for the little chick. There's a 5th gen Ability named Regeneration that heals the Pokemon a little when it's switched out, but I think we could come up with a special ability for it that does what your idea is. Maybe we could call it Mystic Fire or something. Heh.

Glad you like my Blubber ability. I'm thinking of an Ice/Steel two-stage line myself for the Narwhal, I could definitely try to sprite the baby tomorrow.

Also, we need a cute mascot akin to Pikachu and Chillarmy. An adorable one that isn't legendary, but one of the Pokemon we'll use for advertising on forums.

^^Yoshinichi^^ said:
Definitely. A narwhal would be amazing. Maybe it would be Water/Steel, with a metal tooth? Or perhaps Ice/Steel, like how in Unova, some water-dwelling Pokemon aren't Water type. Who would be up for designing it?

I might have a go too, if that's okay.

Glad you like the tail, it really only took a few minutes. Once you get decent at spriting fire, it doesn't take long at all ^^

Looking forward to the baby narwhal :3

iaza19433959258200.png

I think it's done?

EDIT:
iaza19433972721700.png

A few little fixes :3

iaza19433958570100.gif

Transparent! : D

Last edited:
Glad you like the tail, it really only took a few minutes. Once you get decent at spriting fire, it doesn't take long at all ^^

Looking forward to the baby narwhal :3

iaza19433959258200.png

I think it's done?

Well, I've been spriting for over 5 years, and I'm still not that good at spriting Fire. ;P I could recolour him for you so we have a shiny sprite, if you'd like. What colours should he be?

I'm trying to think of what kind of inanimate objects we could have for Pokemon. They've made baloons, candles, garbage bags, fridges, moai statues, the Nasca lines...with a good imagination, I think anything not too ridiculous can be made a Pokemon. How about a Steel/Flying blimp? I'm trying to think of a Pokemon that would be found in an ancient ruin, too.

^^Yoshinichi^^ said:
I'm trying to think of a Pokemon that would be found in an ancient ruin, too.

Some sort of tablet? Something based on a ghost king/queen? Yeah, I've been spriting for three years and I can seem to get fire right.

Last edited:
I've been spriting since January '06 so I'm inching up on 5 years. It really was a matter of just sitting down and spriting fire for like 3 hours until I got it x3; As for a shiny, I'm up for anything! Use the transparent one, there's a few little fixes with the outline in that one. :3

I do like the blimp a lot. A garbage can could work too, Steel/Poison.

I've been spriting since January '06 so I'm inching up on 5 years. It really was a matter of just sitting down and spriting fire for like 3 hours until I got it x3; As for a shiny, I'm up for anything! Use the transparent one, there's a few little fixes with the outline in that one. :3

I do like the blimp a lot. A garbage can could work too, Steel/Poison.

Unfortunately, I tried saving the sprite but I got this black background I can't get rid of, since it's a GIF. So if I try to get rid of it, it gets rid of some of the outline. Is there a way you can get rid of the transparency so I can recolour it? ^^; We should figure out a name for him soon, too.

I'm not sure if a Garbage Can would work. What would it look like, conceptually. A natural-looking garbage can or something like Yabakuron?

I actually have a Rock/Ghost concept drawn up for a Pokemon based on the Nurikabe. The first stage looks similar to a grave stone with large hands, and its evolution is an angry stone wall creature with giant stone hands. It drags itself with its hands to walk, and it can fall on its opponent like a Thwomp from the Mario games.

Thwomp is love. : D

Sorry about that Dx
iaza19433925524500.png

Yaaay ugly green background

As for the garbage can, I dunno really. It just seemed like an interesting type combo xD I'm up for anyone to take over it if they come up with any inspiration. I don't have any for it.

I think we should use the "nix" ending for whatever we name the Phoenix.

I have a couple of sprites I'd like to stick here. These have literally just been made. The first is the Narwhal, with no colours, just the lineart. The second is an idea for a Fire Starter that will end up Fire/Steel. It's based off a Ram.

Narwice
iaza13054858893000.gif

Just a base lineart for you to do what you wish with it.

Ramburn
iaza13054892370800.gif

The colours aren't very clear, I know, and I can't shade for toffee. So if someone wants to do that, please, be my guest.

Some ideas: These were designed for my other current project, but firstly, that seems to be really unpopular, and secondly, it is just a concept. This is Rubless. He's kind of a Geodude for the new region, but has a split evolutionary line that goes to Rock/Dark one way and Rock/Steel the other.
It goes like this: Rock Pawn---> Rock/Dark Rook ---> Rock/Dark King/Queen (Gender difference)
Rock Pawn---> Rock/Steel Knight ---> Rock/Steel Bishop.
Here is the sprite itself:
iaza13054844142400.gif

Last edited:

Spherical Ice

Average Spriter
Wait, so it's okay to make Water dwelling Pokémon not water-type but not a cactus, which has features which are more fire/ice related than anything, grass type? Okay.

Some ideas:

- A macaw who's tail always points north; used for navigation; pure flying.
- An orange marmoset with a design on it's belly similar to the RSS logo and antenna-like ears. It's based around communication. No idea for the type.
- A lilac coloured maggot with a fire design, and has a small bit of fire coming out of it's circle mouth. Fire type, obv.
- A golem styled Pokémon, however it is made of glass. It has visible pumps which contain chocolate.
- A hamster with some sort of fruit on it's back.
- A ewe with toffee or some sort of candy stuck in it's wool.

Epwna is a Sceptile

The epic turnip king
Yeah, I admit snall is simple, but what could I do to it? I have no idea.

And Yoshinichi: Yeah, I can make a rough draft of the Freyass line.

Cynder

Yup, 'tis me!
I'll help out :p Well, I have a few ideas at the mo.

Firstly, I think it would be pretty cool to have an elemental trio, as in the elements of the periodic table. Most likely dragons or something along those lines, and you could use the elements that are most abundant (I think) in the atmospere, aka nitrogen, oxygen and carbon.
The carbon one would be quite hard to type, because there could be dark (because in one form carbon is lead, it's oten shown as black, and it is killing the planet as carbon dioxide), poison ('cos it's a pollutant), or even grass (because it is the main element in most life forms). Either way it would probably be black in colour because of the lead, and maybe have diamond points like spikes, and be the smallest of the trio.
The oxygen one is another one with multiple type possibilities, but mainly grass ('cos plants make oxygen) or flying (because it is a gas). It would have two heads because oxygen travels in pairs, and be the medium sized one.
With the nitrogen dragon I don't have a huge amount of ideas, apart from the fact that it's the biggest.

Also, if you still don't have the normal mammal thing done, you could do a rabbit with alternate evos. Following the eastern theme with the chow-chow, you could do a normal type rabbit that evolves into either a samurai, (normal/steel type) or a ninja (normal/dark type) thay would probably evolve differently depending on if it night or day. (Ninja at night, samurai at day)

Pretty much all I have at the minute, I'll be happy to do anything to do with spriting, and I'm pretty good at maps 'cos I did one for another region project on deviantart.

Last edited:

evolutionrex

The Awesome Atheist
iaza19433958570100.gif

Transparent! : D
That looks amazing :D

I have a new idea for the Deoxys/Arceus/Genosect Pokemon. What about a pokemon that is designed to look like a question mark, that has no type? It's first move is curse. It is super effective against all other types, but all the other types are super effective toward it. Good idea?

Thanks! I'm glad you like it :) Just to throw out some names for the Phoenix: Mystix (Mystic+Phoenix) or Gracix (Grace+Phoenix)?

I like the idea of the chess pieces, quite a lot actually. It might be difficult to really make them Pokemon-ish, though.

I also like the Fire Ram as a starter. Do we want to go with Steel, though? It's a really overused pairing for Fire starters in FakeDexes. I like the idea of the ram though. It could lend itself really nicely to the Dark type (with rams having a temper and, you know, ramming into things) or even rock. Dream world ability for it could totally be Rock Head, focus on like physical attacks... Tackle, Double-Edge, Skull Bash, Headbutt, Flare Blitz, Flame Wheel, Head Smash, Iron Head, etc etc etc. Excuse me for my little tangent. xD

Spherical Ice - not totally sure how I feel about the food Pokemon xD; Chocolate glass golem is really ... out there. The hampster is an interesting idea. Maybe it could have some ability where its secondary type changes depending on the berry it's holding? Like if it's holding the berries that heal paralysis, burns, or poison, it becomes Electric, Fire, or Poison typed, in addition to its Normal Type, for example.

For the Snowball, I think it's just too simple. I mean, it's a round ball with no markings and a face. Too simple. Maybe it can go straight from a snowman, maybe with two snowballs, into a three-ball snowman, and then into the yeti? One ball is just too simple.

The rest of the ideas mentioned are really neither here nor there for me. No real input to be made x3;

evolutionrex

The Awesome Atheist
Thanks! I'm glad you like it :) Just to throw out some names for the Phoenix: Mystix (Mystic+Phoenix) or Gracix (Grace+Phoenix)?
I like Mystix, it's more catchy.

I'm thinking of making a special location where you can get the Mystix (like how their is the meadow for Shaymin.) Maybe a tower of some kind? Maybe a castle? If it is a castle, that would fit into the Dragon/castle hybrid pokemon i've been thinking about. How about a place called Mystic or Grace Castle?

Also, what is going to be the name of the region?

I think it'd be interesting for it to be found in a burned location. Maybe a forest? After a forest fire wipes out the area, if you go there with some Key Item, it will suddenly be born of the ashes?

I'm also just offering this now, even though it's way too early to be thinking about, but trainers are my specialty so I'd love to be involved in the Gym Leaders and so on.

evolutionrex

The Awesome Atheist
I think it'd be interesting for it to be found in a burned location. Maybe a forest? After a forest fire wipes out the area, if you go there with some Key Item, it will suddenly be born of the ashes?
Nice idea.

I'm working on a fly pokemon. I'll only do the base for it, so some one else could do the shading and stuff. I'm horrible at that.

EDIT:
I did what i could, here is the full-evolution of the fly pokemon:
Fly.png

Last edited: