• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Project Phoenix

We're more than happy to take suggestions, Bothie. Even if they don't end up being our starters, if the idea is great it can be reworked to make fit for the Dex. :)

As for Pumula1, I think it's fine as it is. Sure, it has a bit of a legendary feel to it, but lots of Pokemon do. Were you planning any pre-evolutions for it?

As for the ice wolf/husky, I've got the designs covered I think.

Aaand yaaay Pheo! I'm glad you came : D

Last edited:

-Raiga-

As for Pumula1, I think it's fine as it is. Sure, it has a bit of a legendary feel to it, but lots of Pokemon do. Were you planning any pre-evolutions for it?

Yes, I'm having trouble coming up with a GOOD idea for it, but a pre-evo is certainly planned. The only decent idea I've come up so far, at least in my opinion, is given that pumula1 has that checkered flag design consisting of the trademark black and white colors, that the pre-evo be some type of referee, which of course usually have shirts consisting of black and white bars. Unsure of how it would work, but could make for a nice transition into pumula1 if done correctly.

My main problem has just been that I dislike greatly when you can tell a pokemon is practically made just to be lesser version of the pokemon its leading into(ie, riolu>lucario, riolu just gets more of what it already has).

But basically I'm just trying to get either that done, or the sprite of pumula1 done, because there has already been way too much discussing about it than need be in my opinion.

bothie

Well what I do, is I sketch a pixel drawing than remove the un-needed pixels. Using a tablet is the best way to go, for me.

Okay. Could I shoot out some ideas for starters?

EDIT: Haha, late post !! :3

Umm..

For a fire starter what do you think about a koala/opossum? Grass could be a tapir? Water platypus/fish?

Last edited:
Ooh, you mostly see Grass Pandas so a fire variant would be a nice change perhaps. The Platypus is also an interesting concept potentially. Tapirs are kinda scary in my opinion xD

I just got struck by inspiration, since a while back I think someone mentioned a Christmas Tree. Grass/Electric with lightbulb hands? : D
iaza19433996563100.png

Totally rough pixel work, if anyone has suggestions or wants to take over, please do. I'm not too keen on it xD

bothie

I love it! BTW It was myself who mentioned it earlier. I am glad you are fond of my ideas. x3 Umm, I am sure we can make a Tapir look cute! Haha.

If I may, could I attempt at working on the Christmas tree sprite?

Please do! Take as much creative control as you want xD I just felt like spriting some curvey branch type things and little coloured lightbulbs at the end as hands. Do whatever you like! C:

Emptiness

Dat scarf.
Uhm, hai. :> I'm yet another FourthBeat recruit. (Remorse, if you couldn't already tell from the emo username :V)

SO UH today I conveniently had this idea for a sprite.

Basically, the idea behind this guy is that it's like a little ghost that possesses clothes. :> He's just a little black orb with a tail and extend-able claw things that he uses to grab on to the things he's possessing. (I guess it's not a very ghostly way of possessing things... 'A') Anywayyy, I decided to make a lineart of him. I would love to hear any suggestions on color choice/idea behind the sprite/whatever else about it.
Clothedpossessorsprite.png

Thoughts? If anybody can sprite it better, feel free.

: D I want to put a little knit toque on his head and cuddle. Thanks for joining in, Emofriend<3 It looks really cool as it is. Red, blue, and black look nice together. I'd say do it!

EDIT: Updated second post with updated version of Puprim (waiting on Shiny) and Bomble. I'm working on a shiny Bomble right now x3

EDIT2:
iaza19433955905800.gif

Last edited:

Emptiness

Dat scarf.
Alright, I tried shading my sprite.
clothedpossessorspritetrans.gif

:> Any suggestions to make it better?

And I like the shiny Bomble. Yellow/Blue is an amazing color combo. :3
Plus the thing was just so darn cute to start with

I love Bomble so much : D Yoshi did a good job turning Kojiro's adorable drawing into a sprite :33 Looking forward to the evolution.

I quite like the Clothesghost. Clost? Ghloset? Clowthing? Closess? Ghothes? xD

We need some in-depth info to be done for Bomble and Puprim since they're finished. :3

BynineB

Wielding Übersaw.
Alright, I tried shading my sprite.
clothedpossessorspritetrans.gif

:> Any suggestions to make it better?

First of all, this sprite needs a proper lightsource. Right now light is hitting it from every which way, especially noticable on the tail. Speaking of the tail, it thins, then thickens, which makes it look lumpy and uneven.

This is more of a personal note, but the design also really bores me. I can't tell you how many times I've seen a black spirit with two small white eyes wearing articles of clothing. It's a design that's been done to death. While this sprite is quite nice except for the points above, I'd reccomend adding some pizazz to the main body, because right now it doesn't look like a Pokemon. Maybe make the main body based on some animal, or mythical spirit..

http://i56.*******.com/nb4xhz.png

baa?

Last edited:
Empitness-I think that sprite is excellent, it really made a difference shading it. I don't think there is really anything to make it better. It's a good idea to. But I'm not a professional on sprites, but it shows me that the average person who knows nothing about sprites would like it.

I know you guys are all focusing on fakemon, but can I make a few geographical suggestions?

-A Pokemon cemetery at the edge of a town or city, unlike previous regions this area is not a tower and is completely outside. This cemetery should have two parts, (by the way, I'm not sure if this has been in 5th gen)
PART1: A clean, bright, and respected cemetery with lots of people visiting graves
PART2: A dark, old, and creepy cemetery with wild ghost pokemon lurking in the fog.

-A Volcanic island, much different from Cinnabar, this island should be very far off and filled with jungle vegetation. This island is filled with dragon pokemon, in the center of the island is the volcano. You should be able to make your way up the volcano and even hang around the caldera.

-A pokemon magic shop. This would be located in one of the major cities. Here you should be able to buy all sorts of fake items. These fake items could be related to magic tricks or pranks. In back however, is a witch that makes magic potions for your pokemon to drink. What these potions do.....don't know yet.

-A mountain block. On the route towards a city, a mountain could block it. How to get over it? Take Ski-lift up to the top of the mountain of course. The ski-lift drops you off at the top. On the peak is a small area, about the size of a small town, filled with snow and ice type pokemon. At the other side of the mountain peak is another Ski-lift, this one takes you down to a city.

those are some ideas i have, tell me what y'all think.

Last edited:
Maybe instead of taking a ski-lift down (since, y'know, that's kinda not what a lift is xD) you could pay some sort of fee (50 PokeYen?) to slide down. Think like Magnet Train in design, you just get on, see a little animation, and then get off?

Good points on the lightsource and the body. As for your own sprite, I think maybe changing the legs would be advantageous since it honestly looks like a green Mareep with a new head. If you're talking about "done to death" idea, a grass sheep. Jazz it up! Right now it lends itself really well to Rock or Ground type as well, its face looks like a rock. These are all just suggestions, it's just a little bland and fairly stylized. oh, there should also be more of a shadow on the right because of the head. :3

Emptiness

Dat scarf.
Alright, thanks for the criticism, BynineB. :>

I tried to make the sprite better, and ended up with a couple different versions. I ended up trying to base it slightly on Datsue-Ba, a Japanese mythological spirit who steals the clothes of those trying to cross into the afterlife. Unfortunately, she's a human, so it was hard to implement her into the sprite. I ended up just using the golden headband that she is shown to have. I also tried to make it look rather mean, since she appeared to be rather mean. :V
iaza16465185506500.png

Far left: Golden headbands from Datsue-Ba, with blue markings to represent the river that she spent all day sitting by.
Middle: Slightly edited original. Mainly just shading differences.
Far right: Golden headbands, no blue markings.

So... Which one looks best? What could I change about them? (Any ideas to add 'pizazz' to the body would be greatly appreciated)

BynineB

Wielding Übersaw.
Far better, Emptiness. If you made the face look more like that of Datsue-Ba (especially the eyes), it would be fantastic. Good job!

posted by Fourthbeat
Maybe instead of taking a ski-lift down (since, y'know, that's kinda not what a lift is xD) you could pay some sort of fee (50 PokeYen?) to slide down. Think like Magnet Train in design, you just get on, see a little animation, and then get off?
yeah, I couldn't remember the word but Ski-lift was closest i could remember. but yeah i imagined the little character get in the cart, you see a little bit of the cart going up, then you at the peak.

posted by Fourthbeat
yeah, I couldn't remember the word but Ski-lift was closest i could remember. but yeah i imagined the little character get in the cart, you see a little bit of the cart going up, then you at the peak.

Emptiness-I think the best is the far right. I think the blue on the far left is a little to dark.

posted by Fourthbeat

Emptiness-I think the best is the far right. I think the blue on the far left is a little to dark.

Emptiness

Dat scarf.
Alright, here's what I have at the moment.
iaza16465132924400.png

... It is proving to be challenging making the eyes look like Datsue-Ba's. D:
Any ideas on how to make them look better?