• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Project Phoenix

evolutionrex

The Awesome Atheist
Perfectly fine :33

As for creativity, it's hard to be creative when it comes to Water-dwelling creatures that can also travel on land. All of the water starters have followed that pattern, so a dolphin doesn't work unfortunately. I think the lizard could be interesting, it'd be more like Sceptile than Feraligatr.
wasn't mudkip based on a fish? In my opinion, they already did a reptile for each starter (Chamander, Totadile, and treeko) and it bugs me to make another lizard for the water type, even though crocodiles aren't really lizards. I don't even see why we need to stick with the "water starters have to be based on animals that live on land and water" rule. I think if anything we should do some type of fully-aquatic creature that has characteristics of a land animal. (Gible, for example.) I think that's the way to go. If we just try to keep it as land and water dwellers then we are limited, making us come up with unoriginal ideas. I just think making a lizard would seem uncreative. If you did a snake, a frog, even a dinosaur, it could work better but lizards and crocodiles have to much in common for the average person.

The idea of the starter is that it can travel with you from the very beginning. Is a tadpole or goldfish very capable of following you and helping you out in the grass? No. That's why the water starters are always lamd-and-water dwelling creatures. A Tuatara technically isn't even a lizard, by the way. If you google a Lizard and a Crocodile there is hardly any relation. Scaly skin, really. A crocodile is fierce and dangerous, a lizard is small and quick and much less of a threat at first glance. The Tuatara could technically work for a Grass starter, too. I just think that sending little tadpole or little goldfish into battle doesn't work as a starter. Oh, and I believe Mudkip was a stylized mudpuppy.

Here's a little drawing I did before I saw your post.

iaza19433914233600.png

Please don't mind the fact that I use MS Paint to draw with. XD

evolutionrex

The Awesome Atheist
The idea of the starter is that it can travel with you from the very beginning. Is a tadpole or goldfish very capable of following you and helping you out in the grass? No. That's why the water starters are always lamd-and-water dwelling creatures. A Tuatara technically isn't even a lizard, by the way. If you google a Lizard and a Crocodile there is hardly any relation. Scaly skin, really. A crocodile is fierce and dangerous, a lizard is small and quick and much less of a threat at first glance. The Tuatara could technically work for a Grass starter, too. I just think that sending little tadpole or little goldfish into battle doesn't work as a starter. Oh, and I believe Mudkip was a stylized mudpuppy.

Here's a little drawing I did before I saw your post.

iaza19433914233600.png

Please don't mind the fact that I use MS Paint to draw with. XD
It defiantly can't be used as a grass starter, you can't argue that there hasn't been a lizard for the grass starters.

Evolutionrex, come on now. They've used a reptile for ever Grass starter, for Charmander, and for Totodile. As long as the starter doesn't look like a rip-off of any of the previous ones, it's fine. Look at Chimchar. Now look at Hihidaruma and Baoppu. Three seperate fire ape families, and they all look different. I think we should have a Water lizard, myself. The Pokemon itself looks kind of like Charmander on four-legs, though. So I'd work on that. Heh.

http://i51.*******.com/2mx1gmh.jpg

Unnamed Grass/Flying pixie done on Photoshop.

Spherical Ice

Average Spriter
Amazing work MJ, and for the water starter, why not a wizard-based Pokémon? I know we've got the Abra family but I think we could deviate away from it enough.

Lizzi

It's alright baby...
Thanks for the advise, I'll get to re-working those later today. I've got another concept that I started yesterday, a fire (maybe ground) Goat thing.
10919877.gif

I'm not 100% on the shading yet, I'm still trying to get into the fifth gen style, but it'll come in time I suppose.

Lizzi

It's alright baby...
Thanks for the advise, I'll get to re-working those later today. I've got another concept that I started yesterday, a fire (maybe ground) Goat thing.
10919877.gif

I'm not 100% on the shading yet, I'm still trying to get into the fifth gen style, but it'll come in time I suppose.

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
I think a Dolphin Starter could work.

It's already a mammal, so stretching it out to be able to breathe on land wouldn't be as big of a stretch. And maybe give it some reptilian-like characteristics to make it able to walk on land, and I'd think it would work okay.

I can provide proof that the artwork in question was entirely my work. That user has stolen my art. Plagiarism is quite common on dA, I shall get around to getting the stolen artwork removed soon.

I love the dragon/castle one :D

New Pokemon ideas:.
-A grass/fighting type monkey pokemon.
-A dragon type komodo dragon pokemon.

Like the ideas, the Monkeys should be lemurs though. They've basically never been used and would make a great Pokemon. Vine for a tail, por ejemplo.

Not just Dragon type, Dragon/Poison type Komodo dragon. Just a Standalone like Crimgan. Komodo dragons have some nasty venomous bites.
---
Ok then, I have made some sprites for y'all.

Number one, is a Cheerful Puppy Pokemon based off a Spaniel. I love this sprite so much. Plus, there's no harm in having two Dog Pokemon, especially seeing as the Chow-Chow and this don't look much alike.
Chuppy:
iaza13054860219500.gif

NORMAL type.

Number two, we also need a Cat pokemon. Most past Cat Pokemon have been either cheerful and cute or slightly evil. I went for the cute look with this sleeping 'mon. Plus, tiger stripes because his evo will be Tiger based.
Kitute:
iaza13054893937200.gif

NORMAL type.

Number three, a new favourite sprite of mine. Based off swords, Bladarp:
Please note that the sword part of it isn't shaded. I can't do blades.
iaza13054892071800.gif

STEEL type.

Finally, I know you're doing Husky Pokemon but I have another idea for a similar Pokemon; an Arctic Fox line based around the Martial art of Judo.
Foxudo:
iaza13054836844600.gif

ICE/FIGHTING type.
The purple WAS to denote where black would go, but I kinda prefer it.

Finally, the Derpfish. Herull, Herring+Dull. I evolves into an Oarfish, 'cause according to Wikipedia there's sorta related.
iaza13054853093300.gif

WATER type.

Feel Free to edit my sprites, especially shade the ones that need to be shaded.
Please don't edit Chuppy too much, and don't change bits in the design.

I'm REALLY liking the way this project is coming along. We need some kind of sprite holder soon. Just don't put me in charge of it. I meddle *looks at Raiga apologetically*.

Last edited:

KillingEdge

Endeavoring Creator
I have returned with an infodrop for Bomble and a few revisions for Majestix.

First and foremost, I gave Bomble the unique Normal/Steel typing. He seems like a good candidate for it, plus if anything deserves to have STAB on Explosion, it's a bomb. He also has two unique abilities and a new attack. I'd have tried to give it more unique attacks, but Game Freak covered most of the ground with things my Bomble characterization would use.

And on that note, if Bomble does get changed, just make sure you don't make him a Fire type. Besides his sprite not looking much a Fire type to me, a BOMB being part Fire seems really self-defeating... Just my 2 cents.

Second is Majestix, whose name I've adjusted to Lucenix. Root word being lucent.

lucent (ˈluːs ə nt)

— adj
brilliant, shining, or translucent

[C16: from Latin lūcēns, present participle of lūcēre to shine]

The 'brilliant' and 'shining' parts of the definition work with Lucenix's appearance and character, and the name itself carries a more serene feel. (To my ears, at least.) It also has one more letter from phoenix than Majestix does, to address Sphere's comment to an extent.

It also has another new attack and a new stat spread to further differentiate it from Moltres. (I realized, after posting the original, that my first stat spread for it was almost a direct copy-paste of Moltres'. >_>)

- General Info/Aesthetics -
Name: Bomble
Type: Normal/Steel
Classification: The Tyke Bomb Pokemon

Height: 33.53 cm (1’1’’)
Weight: 23.81 kg (52.5 lbs.)

- Dex Entries -
- Bombles are rather volatile Pokemon, their bodies being easily agitated into exploding. As such, most other wild Pokemon tend to shy away from areas inhabited by Bomble packs.
- The power a Bomble can exert when it explodes is tremendous. They’re believed to have developed their powerful outer shells to protect against their exploding kin.
- Due in part to its clumsy nature, trainers who attempt to raise a Bomble need to be wary of its sudden explosions, which can be quite painful if they aren't prepared for.

- Abilities and Statistics -
Ability 1: Fuse Blast (If this Pokemon is hit by a Fire-type attack, the attacker takes half the attack’s damage in return.)
Ability 2: Volatility (When this Pokemon takes recoil damage, the foe also takes the same amount of damage.)
Base Stats: 65 HP / 70 Attack / 70 Defense / 50 Sp.Atk / 45 Sp.Def / 40 Speed (BST 340)

Egg Groups: Ground and Mineral
Gender Ratio: 50/50

EVs: 1 Attack
Catch Rate: 175

- Level-Up Attacks -
Lv--: Tackle
Lv--: Defense Curl
Lv5: Rollout
Lv11: Iron Defense
Lv18: Take Down
Lv25: Gyro Ball
Lv31: Selfdestruct
Lv38: Iron Head
Lv45: Double-Edge
Lv51: Integrity Crash
Lv58: Explosion

Integrity Crash
Type: Steel/Physical
Power/Accuracy: 130/90
Description: The user loosens its body to fly high-speed at the opponent. If it misses, the user is damaged instead.
Effect: The user takes 1/8th of their total HP as recoil if the attack misses.

- General Info/Aesthetics -
Name: Lucenix
Type: Fire/Flying
Classification: The Rebirth Pokemon

Height: 68.58 cm (2’3’’)
Weight: 47.04 kg (103.7 lbs)

- Dex Entries -
- It's believed that a Lucenix will appear to lend its power to a trainer who is truly devoted and willing to give their all for the sake of their Pokemon.
- The vibrant flames Lucenix summons with its attacks have remarkable properties. They will only burn Lucenix’s foes, and their colors inspire all who see them.
- Lucenix’s body overflows with life force, and as such it has amazing healing properties. Its tears can rejuvenate fellow Pokemon, while its feathers can ease human wounds.

- Abilities and Statistics -
Ability: Reawaken (Once per battle, if two of your Pokemon are fainted while Lucenix is fainted, Lucenix will be revived at 75% of its maximum health.)
Base Stats: 100 HP / 110 Attack / 85 Defense / 120 Sp.Atk / 90 Sp.Def / 95 Speed (BST 600)

Gender Ratio: Genderless

EVs: 3 Sp.Atk
Catch Rate: 3

- Level-Up Attacks -
Lv--: Fire Dance
-----
Lv--: Ember
Lv--: Gust
Lv9: Safeguard
Lv16: Wing Attack
Lv23: Incinerate
Lv30: Air Cutter
Lv37: Phoenix Blossom
Lv44: Recover
Lv51: Wind Spiral
Lv58: Air Slash
Lv65: Heat Wave
Lv72: Brave Bird
Lv79: Phoenix Tears

Phoenix Blossom
Type: Fire/Special
Power/Accuracy: 100/100
PP: 5
Description: The user unleashes a vibrant blossom of fire from its body that burns with its will to endure.
Effect: This attack also raises Lucenix’s Defense and Sp.Def stats by one stage when used.

Wind Spiral
Type: Flying/Physical
Power/Accuracy: 50/100
PP: 20
Description: The user whips up a wind to speed up and rush the opponent. The wind raises the user’s Speed.
Effect: This attack also raises Lucenix’s Speed by one stage when used.

Phoenix Tears
Type: Fire/Support
Power/Accuracy: --/100
PP: 5
Priority: +1
Description: The user cuts its HP and regenerates one of its teammates’ at the same time.
Effect: The user halves its current HP, and whichever of its teammates currently has the lowest percentage of its max HP regains 50% of its own max HP. (This move can be used on the overworld as well, with the same effect.)

Spherical Ice

Average Spriter
I think it should be a rule to not use pure black or pure white in the sprites. It'd be much easier to use black with the RGB 1,1,1 instead of 0,0,0, and for white to use 254,254,254 instead of 255,255,255. Lucenix is a lovely name, I agree is sounds very smooth n_n. Also Proby I might do some tweaking on those sprites if you don't mind o3o

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
Yeah, Killingedge, that's pretty much what I imagined Bomble to be like. A very clumsy Pokemon who easily explodes, whereas its evolutions is a lot cooler and has control over its explosive abilities. Although...I dunno, I think Normal/Steel seems kind of an odd type. Why not make it Pure Steel, and have it gain the Fire-typing upon evolving into Bombadour since it is able to fire out fire from the cannons over its body.

Originally, it was my idea for a Coolness Pokeblock/Poffin evolution, so it actually only knew how to Selfdestruct as its only move. The challenge in catching one would be that it would always kill itself as soon as it went, so you had to try and catch it before it did that. But giving it a moveset works quite well too, and that's a nice one you made.

KillingEdge

Endeavoring Creator
That could work better, actually. I hadn't noticed the Bombadour sketch until just now. It also means I don't have to edit Bomble's moves, since it learns exactly what it can do with its small body and stubby arms, and then Bombadour can have his own level-up learn list, like Milotic.

I think Smart makes more sense than Cool for evolving it, though, since the implication is that Bomble's overcoming its clumsiness for precision. (To that end, you should put a scope over one of Bombadour's eyes. Then it can replace the Volatility ability with Sniper when it evolves.)

As for the 'challenge in catching one', I think Beldum, and to a lesser extent Abra, have provided enough 'challenge' for one lifetime. (Assuming no Master Balls.)

Spherical Ice

Average Spriter
Proby, I've tweaked your cat Pokémon. I assume the design is supposed to lack limbs, right?
Meow.png

I've corrected the jagged lines and reshaded it. I hope you don't mind me changing the colour scheme and little, and I also am not too great at recent styles so it may seem a bit FRLGRSE styled, I'm afraid :x.

Dude, it's great. Only one thing; its furry chest could do with some editing. Looks a bit awkward at the mo. Maybe putting the head lower? I dunno.
I heartily approve of the shading change, as I have frequently mentioned, I suck at it. looks so much better now.
Yes, it's meant to be a sleeping cat, who curl themselves up and hide their limbs. Their limbs would be underneath the tail here.

Anyway, great edit there. I'm really happy.

-Raiga-

I can provide proof that the artwork in question was entirely my work. That user has stolen my art. Plagiarism is quite common on dA, I shall get around to getting the stolen artwork removed soon.

Frankly it doesn't really matter whether its yours or not, because isn't the point of this project that were making NEW fakemon creations for it.

I don't believe I'm alone in saying I think we already know we could go use a bunch of fakemon other artists have made, but there wouldn't be any challenge nor point in that.