• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Project Phoenix

Epwna is a Sceptile

The epic turnip king
Okay, someone else can design the Freyass line. And I have an Idea for the grass starter. A grass cat!

Adding on to what -Raiga- said about the concept of all-new fakemon, I'm sure I've seen that cat fakemon and the dog fakemon in another region.

iaza14978220732100.gif

Evolutionrex's fire/dark idea. I'm not too fond of it, and editting is welcome.

iaza14978262504500.gif

As well as the fighting kangaroo. It looks a bit plain, so feel free to edit.
Sorry if I butchered your ideas, :D.

Last edited:
Innocent Bystander-wow, I'm sure E-rex will love those. (in case you didn't know we are twins).

I have a fakemon suggestion
-A banker-cheapskate pokemon. This pokemon would be fat and purple, it would be wearing what appears to be a suit. Its head would be nearly invisible because a really tall hat covers it. This pokemon would be Dark type and loves money

-A female Ninja pokemon, and a male Ninja pokemon. These guys could be dark/fighting type. I imagine them with blue-grey skin. The male would have a small cape and and a ski-like mask covering it's head, it would also have spiky black hair(protruding from mask). The female would also a small cape, but instead of a ski-mask she would have a cloth covering her mouth, she would have a black ponytail.

http://i51.*******.com/2mx1gmh.jpg

Unnamed Grass/Flying pixie done on Photoshop.
Dude, I want you to get out. You're not Ashurasonic/Registeel DS, the man who designed that Fakemon. Now the Fakemon you posted previously are a lot less credible, and I have reason to believe you stole those, too. I think Evolutionrex is right. You're an art thief. Until you have original art that you made yourself, don't come back. I'll report you if you do.

Thanks for the advise, I'll get to re-working those later today. I've got another concept that I started yesterday, a fire (maybe ground) Goat thing.
10919877.gif

I'm not 100% on the shading yet, I'm still trying to get into the fifth gen style, but it'll come in time I suppose.
Considering I'm making Memera, the Fire starter, a Fire goat, maybe you could make it into a shaggy llama? I think we don't have any llamas yet. The design itself looks great!
I think a Dolphin Starter could work.

It's already a mammal, so stretching it out to be able to breathe on land wouldn't be as big of a stretch. And maybe give it some reptilian-like characteristics to make it able to walk on land, and I'd think it would work okay.

Like the ideas, the Monkeys should be lemurs though. They've basically never been used and would make a great Pokemon. Vine for a tail, por ejemplo.

Not just Dragon type, Dragon/Poison type Komodo dragon. Just a Standalone like Crimgan. Komodo dragons have some nasty venomous bites.
---
Ok then, I have made some sprites for y'all.

Number one, is a Cheerful Puppy Pokemon based off a Spaniel. I love this sprite so much. Plus, there's no harm in having two Dog Pokemon, especially seeing as the Chow-Chow and this don't look much alike.
Chuppy:
iaza13054860219500.gif

NORMAL type.

Number two, we also need a Cat pokemon. Most past Cat Pokemon have been either cheerful and cute or slightly evil. I went for the cute look with this sleeping 'mon. Plus, tiger stripes because his evo will be Tiger based.
Kitute:
iaza13054893937200.gif

NORMAL type.

Number three, a new favourite sprite of mine. Based off swords, Bladarp:
Please note that the sword part of it isn't shaded. I can't do blades.
iaza13054892071800.gif

STEEL type.

Finally, I know you're doing Husky Pokemon but I have another idea for a similar Pokemon; an Arctic Fox line based around the Martial art of Judo.
Foxudo:
iaza13054836844600.gif

ICE/FIGHTING type.
The purple WAS to denote where black would go, but I kinda prefer it.

Finally, the Derpfish. Herull, Herring+Dull. I evolves into an Oarfish, 'cause according to Wikipedia there's sorta related.
iaza13054853093300.gif

WATER type.

Feel Free to edit my sprites, especially shade the ones that need to be shaded.
Please don't edit Chuppy too much, and don't change bits in the design.

I'm REALLY liking the way this project is coming along. We need some kind of sprite holder soon. Just don't put me in charge of it. I meddle *looks at Raiga apologetically*.
Well, I was going to put all the sprites we have so far in one huge post, so it'll come eventually. I'm fond of the sword dude and the fishie most of all. I think you could make the limbs less flimsy though. They kind of look like noodles, so I'd look at some human shape Pokemon for help making the arms and legs more defined. He kind of looks like a Mega Man boss, which I like.
I have returned with an infodrop for Bomble and a few revisions for Majestix.

First and foremost, I gave Bomble the unique Normal/Steel typing. He seems like a good candidate for it, plus if anything deserves to have STAB on Explosion, it's a bomb. He also has two unique abilities and a new attack. I'd have tried to give it more unique attacks, but Game Freak covered most of the ground with things my Bomble characterization would use.

And on that note, if Bomble does get changed, just make sure you don't make him a Fire type. Besides his sprite not looking much a Fire type to me, a BOMB being part Fire seems really self-defeating... Just my 2 cents.

Second is Majestix, whose name I've adjusted to Lucenix. Root word being lucent.

lucent (ˈluːs ə nt)

— adj
brilliant, shining, or translucent

[C16: from Latin lūcēns, present participle of lūcēre to shine]

The 'brilliant' and 'shining' parts of the definition work with Lucenix's appearance and character, and the name itself carries a more serene feel. (To my ears, at least.) It also has one more letter from phoenix than Majestix does, to address Sphere's comment to an extent.

It also has another new attack and a new stat spread to further differentiate it from Moltres. (I realized, after posting the original, that my first stat spread for it was almost a direct copy-paste of Moltres'. >_>)

- General Info/Aesthetics -
Name: Bomble
Type: Normal/Steel
Classification: The Tyke Bomb Pokemon

Height: 33.53 cm (1’1’’)
Weight: 23.81 kg (52.5 lbs.)

- Dex Entries -
- Bombles are rather volatile Pokemon, their bodies being easily agitated into exploding. As such, most other wild Pokemon tend to shy away from areas inhabited by Bomble packs.
- The power a Bomble can exert when it explodes is tremendous. They’re believed to have developed their powerful outer shells to protect against their exploding kin.
- Due in part to its clumsy nature, trainers who attempt to raise a Bomble need to be wary of its sudden explosions, which can be quite painful if they aren't prepared for.

- Abilities and Statistics -
Ability 1: Fuse Blast (If this Pokemon is hit by a Fire-type attack, the attacker takes half the attack’s damage in return.)
Ability 2: Volatility (When this Pokemon takes recoil damage, the foe also takes the same amount of damage.)
Base Stats: 65 HP / 70 Attack / 70 Defense / 50 Sp.Atk / 45 Sp.Def / 40 Speed (BST 340)

Egg Groups: Ground and Mineral
Gender Ratio: 50/50

EVs: 1 Attack
Catch Rate: 175

- Level-Up Attacks -
Lv--: Tackle
Lv--: Defense Curl
Lv5: Rollout
Lv11: Iron Defense
Lv18: Take Down
Lv25: Gyro Ball
Lv31: Selfdestruct
Lv38: Iron Head
Lv45: Double-Edge
Lv51: Integrity Crash
Lv58: Explosion

Integrity Crash
Type: Steel/Physical
Power/Accuracy: 130/90
Description: The user loosens its body to fly high-speed at the opponent. If it misses, the user is damaged instead.
Effect: The user takes 1/8th of their total HP as recoil if the attack misses.

- General Info/Aesthetics -
Name: Lucenix
Type: Fire/Flying
Classification: The Rebirth Pokemon

Height: 68.58 cm (2’3’’)
Weight: 47.04 kg (103.7 lbs)

- Dex Entries -
- It's believed that a Lucenix will appear to lend its power to a trainer who is truly devoted and willing to give their all for the sake of their Pokemon.
- The vibrant flames Lucenix summons with its attacks have remarkable properties. They will only burn Lucenix’s foes, and their colors inspire all who see them.
- Lucenix’s body overflows with life force, and as such it has amazing healing properties. Its tears can rejuvenate fellow Pokemon, while its feathers can ease human wounds.

- Abilities and Statistics -
Ability: Reawaken (Once per battle, if two of your Pokemon are fainted while Lucenix is fainted, Lucenix will be revived at 75% of its maximum health.)
Base Stats: 100 HP / 110 Attack / 85 Defense / 120 Sp.Atk / 90 Sp.Def / 95 Speed (BST 600)

Gender Ratio: Genderless

EVs: 3 Sp.Atk
Catch Rate: 3

- Level-Up Attacks -
Lv--: Fire Dance
-----
Lv--: Ember
Lv--: Gust
Lv9: Safeguard
Lv16: Wing Attack
Lv23: Incinerate
Lv30: Air Cutter
Lv37: Phoenix Blossom
Lv44: Recover
Lv51: Wind Spiral
Lv58: Air Slash
Lv65: Heat Wave
Lv72: Brave Bird
Lv79: Phoenix Tears

Phoenix Blossom
Type: Fire/Special
Power/Accuracy: 100/100
PP: 5
Description: The user unleashes a vibrant blossom of fire from its body that burns with its will to endure.
Effect: This attack also raises Lucenix’s Defense and Sp.Def stats by one stage when used.

Wind Spiral
Type: Flying/Physical
Power/Accuracy: 50/100
PP: 20
Description: The user whips up a wind to speed up and rush the opponent. The wind raises the user’s Speed.
Effect: This attack also raises Lucenix’s Speed by one stage when used.

Phoenix Tears
Type: Fire/Support
Power/Accuracy: --/100
PP: 5
Priority: +1
Description: The user cuts its HP and regenerates one of its teammates’ at the same time.
Effect: The user halves its current HP, and whichever of its teammates currently has the lowest percentage of its max HP regains 50% of its own max HP. (This move can be used on the overworld as well, with the same effect.)
Alright, these all sound great. I know I usually don't have much to say to you, but that's because I trust your judgment and I don't worry too much about move-pools. So thank you for working hard on designing them and describing what they look like. Maybe we could add a section where it explains what the Pokemon is based off of, too.

Proby, I've tweaked your cat Pokémon. I assume the design is supposed to lack limbs, right?
Meow.png

I've corrected the jagged lines and reshaded it. I hope you don't mind me changing the colour scheme and little, and I also am not too great at recent styles so it may seem a bit FRLGRSE styled, I'm afraid :x.
Kitty looks good, although for the final sprite we'll need to get rid of the white outline.
Frankly it doesn't really matter whether its yours or not, because isn't the point of this project that were making NEW fakemon creations for it.

I don't believe I'm alone in saying I think we already know we could go use a bunch of fakemon other artists have made, but there wouldn't be any challenge nor point in that.
You're rought, -Raiga-. The challenge is to try to make an all-new region, creating new sprites and forming a unique Fakedex. That is to say, I'm not sure we should use any sprites that were submitted for old regions, but I'll have some leeway as long as they're at least altered to look unique.
Innocent Bystander-wow, I'm sure E-rex will love those. (in case you didn't know we are twins).

I have a fakemon suggestion
-A banker-cheapskate pokemon. This pokemon would be fat and purple, it would be wearing what appears to be a suit. Its head would be nearly invisible because a really tall hat covers it. This pokemon would be Dark type and loves money

-A female Ninja pokemon, and a male Ninja pokemon. These guys could be dark/fighting type. I imagine them with blue-grey skin. The male would have a small cape and and a ski-like mask covering it's head, it would also have spiky black hair(protruding from mask). The female would also a small cape, but instead of a ski-mask she would have a cloth covering her mouth, she would have a black ponytail.
The cheapskate dude sounds pretty neat. I can imagine it being a greedy Pokemon that loves using Pay Day and can be sometimes found holding an Amulet Coin. Maybe it could be a standalone, and it'd have this cool monocle.

Would the ninjas be like counterparts? Because the idea of a ninja has been done to death in regions, but if we made them standout design wise or typing wise, they could be really unique and memorable. Maybe they could use different types of ninjutsu. One can use kunai and the other uses shuriken.
Adding on to what -Raiga- said about the concept of all-new fakemon, I'm sure I've seen that cat fakemon and the dog fakemon in another region.

iaza14978220732100.gif

iaza14978262504500.gif

First of all, I love the kangaroo. It's a very dynamic pose, and I love how it has a joey in its pouch like Kangaskhan. I personally think it could use some more markings, or maybe a tuft of fur or something to make it stand out.

Okay, someone else can design the Freyass line. And I have an Idea for the grass starter. A grass cat!
Grass cat's kind of a generic idea that I've see a million times. ;P I think we need to really dig deep to come up with something creative for the Grass starter, but we don't need to choose a reptile. I encourage any sort of creative ideas.

Currently working on Puprim's major redesign.

-Raiga-

Dude, I want you to get out. You're not Ashurasonic/Registeel DS, the man who designed that Fakemon. Now the Fakemon you posted previously are a lot less credible, and I have reason to believe you stole those, too. I think Evolutionrex is right. You're an art thief. Until you have original art that you made yourself, don't come back. I'll report you if you do.

Right, I was for protecting mj for a while just for the fact that evolutionrex called him a troll for no apparent reason, but this is quite obviously the final nail in the coffin.

For someone with such few posts(all of which are narcissistic upon me viewing them), its odd they so willingly posted the sketched fakemon that had PERFECT line-width variation and other high-end skills, and even then posted the other fakemon with a COMPLETELY different style. Its hard to come across an artist who constantly tries to reinvent themselves, and for one to post on a thread like this with such little info is pretty ridiulous.

To be honest, I always had my suspicions, mainly due to the fact that despite them constantly telling people to accept criticism, due to his god-complex acting up it seems like he couldn't accept any criticism on his criticism.

If you ask me, he should of just stayed with that first piece of art he stole, as he did it fairly well, as it wasn't something you could just look up on dev.art, and they used a non-account based hosting site like imageshack. Even more convienent they said they could prove it was theirs, but yet provided no proof.

Of course there is the off chance I'm wrong, in which case it should take no more than a few minutes of their time to prove it so, but I just felt like posting it so hopefully they learn from it.

The Dex entries look great, and I love Lucenix. At first I thought of Lucifer, not Lucent, but that works really well.

Everything recently posted looks pretty good, but also kind of bland. Lacking "Pokemonification", you know? A cat, a kangaroo, nothing Pokemon-like about it.

As for a Grass Starter, what about the Fighting Lemur? I really like that idea, I can see it working well. The vine tail could eventually have thorns on it after evolution, and it can have a little grassy tuft of hair on its head? :3

As for the MJ debacle, I don't even think it's worth the time to address it. Just time to move on.

evolutionrex

The Awesome Atheist
told you :p

iaza14978220732100.gif

iaza14978262504500.gif

I love both :D especially the pyromaniac idea! Well done.

I'm going to elaborate on my Dialga/Palkia/Garitina trio. The three legendaries, that are version diferences if it was a game,are based of of the Myan culture, Egyptian culture, and ancient Europe cultures(Stone hedge is what it is based off of.) I have came up with a story line for them along withg another legendary pokemon that i came up with.

The evil team which is in every region has the goal of looking for a lost city of a great race of humans long ago, so they can sell artifacts that they find for big bucks, along with any pokemon they find along the way. The evil team is similar to Team Rocket and has no cult background, they just want money. In fact, i was thinking of Team Rocket being on of the evil team's allies.

The story of the great race goes like this: A long, long time ago, three separate races lived in the region. They all build separate worshiping centers to worship their Gods. These gods are the legendary pokemon i mentioned earlier. But, the three races kept having war with each other and the Gods became unhappy. They wanted the races to form into one peaceful civilization. The gods decided to ask their great father (Arceus) to build a new God to bring the races together.

Arceus built a new pokemon that is an ultimate legendary form of Unknown. It came from the skies and taught the three races the same language. They were finally able to talk to the other races. So since they were able to speak with each other they realized that no one wanted to fight and they all joined together to form a great civilization that ran across the entire pokemon world; they spoke the language of the unknown. But, after thousands of years the language went away and people stops praying to the gods, so the gods hid into the worship centers in which they were worship. The ultimate Unknown pokemon also left to it's own worship center that you can only get through an event.

Now, the evil team want to find the ancient worship centers and raid any expensive items. But, when they get there they find out that nothing is there, it's all empty, except for the legendary pokemon that live there. After chasing the evil team, you are able to catch the legendaries.

The Myan based pokemon is found in a dense jungle, the Egypt based pokemon is found in a desert, and the Stone hedge pokemon is found in a snowy, cold place. The ultimate legendary Unknown pokemon is found only by event, in very old ruins in a route some where. You can find wild Unknown there, but only after you get the nationaldex.

No offense whatsoever is meant by this. I love the idea, except for Ultimate Legendary Unown. I hate Unown. Errbody is always trying to make it better or make new forms of it or make some evolution for it or make some Ultimate Legendary form of it. It's so so so dried out. It's super unoriginal. Unown is basic, a Legendary of it is really uninspiring, to be entirely honest. I'd rather see an Ultimate Lickitung Legendary than Unown. At least he has a body and some features. Unown is just bland.

That said, other than the Unown figure, I love the storyline. These stupid new Teams all want world domination. Rocket was best because it was realistic - money. Not changing the landscape of the world, not bending the space time continuum.

evolutionrex

The Awesome Atheist
No offense whatsoever is meant by this. I love the idea, except for Ultimate Legendary Unown. I hate Unown. Errbody is always trying to make it better or make new forms of it or make some evolution for it or make some Ultimate Legendary form of it. It's so so so dried out. It's super unoriginal. Unown is basic, a Legendary of it is really uninspiring, to be entirely honest. I'd rather see an Ultimate Lickitung Legendary than Unown. At least he has a body and some features. Unown is just bland.

That said, other than the Unown figure, I love the storyline. These stupid new Teams all want world domination. Rocket was best because it was realistic - money. Not changing the landscape of the world, not bending the space time continuum.
Really? i had no idea the Unown idea was used up. i really thought i came up with a good idea. I had never seen it before.

Well, is everybody liking the Myan, Egypt, and ancient Europe culture legendaries? I going to make some sketches of them so some one might be able to sprite them. Only if everyone likes the ideas though.

So you want to know what I've been doing with Puprim? May I present to you, the Rock type Guardian Pup Pokemon, Templaum, and its Rock/Fire evolution, which isn't completely sprited yet, Aumeshi. Rock type because they are based off of the shisa statues, and Fire type due to this legend:
"At Tomimori Village near Kochinda Town in the far southern part of Okinawa, there were often many fires. The people of the area sought out Saiouzui, a Feng Shui master, to ask him why there were so many fires. He believed they were because of the power of the nearby Mt. Yaese, and suggested that the townspeople build a stone shisa to face the mountain. They did so, and thus have protected their village from fire ever since."
It was a coincidence, though. Haruka and I chose Fire type because it just felt right.
shepardspirits.png

Templaum is based off of the Shisa guardian dogs as well as Dog from the Momotaro legends. Momotaro was accompanied by Dog in his journey.

shisa.png

Aumeshi, who is still in the process of being sprited, is based off of the Shisa fu dogs, and bears a resemblance to Seasarmon for a reason. I wanted it to have a passing resemblance.

These two will be the Riolu/Lucario for our region. I hope you guys like them as much as I do. Now, I just need to sprite both of them.

I love the idea for the evil team, although I think our main legendary duo should be something else. I'm just not fond of the idea of having legendaries based off of monuments myself. Call me old-fashioned.

Last edited:

evolutionrex

The Awesome Atheist
So you want to know what I've been doing with Puprim? May I present to you, the Rock type Guardian Pup Pokemon, Templaum, and its Rock/Fire evolution, which isn't completely sprited yet, Aumeshi. Rock type because they are based off of the shisa statues, and Fire type due to this legend:
"At Tomimori Village near Kochinda Town in the far southern part of Okinawa, there were often many fires. The people of the area sought out Saiouzui, a Feng Shui master, to ask him why there were so many fires. He believed they were because of the power of the nearby Mt. Yaese, and suggested that the townspeople build a stone shisa to face the mountain. They did so, and thus have protected their village from fire ever since."
It was a coincidence, though. Haruka and I chose Fire type because it just felt right.
shepardspirits.png

Templaum is based off of the Shisa guardian dogs as well as Dog from the Momotaro legends. Momotaro was accompanied by Dog in his journey.

shisa.png

Aumeshi, who is still in the process of being sprited, is based off of the Shisa fu dogs, and bears a resemblance to Seasarmon for a reason. I wanted it to have a passing resemblance.

These two will be the Riolu/Lucario for our region. I hope you guys like them as much as I do. Now, I just need to sprite both of them.

I love the idea for the evil team, although I think our main legendary duo should be something else. I'm just not fond of the idea of having legendaries based off of monuments myself. Call me old-fashioned.
the thing that i don't really like is that it seems a little close the new fifth generation dog pokemon, if you look at the final evolution. But other than that i love it, although i was thinking a ground/fighting type Dingo as the lucario/zoroark pokemon. Don't get me wrong, I love the idea, but it think it's been used before.

my legendary ideas don't necessarily have to be based off of monuments, like FourthBeat posted awhile back, but more on the culture. That's not including the Stone Hedge one though. But, i think that if it's sprited right, it won't turn out stupid looking.

Exxmaniac

Shapoopi!
Aww man, I was in the middle of making the fairy MJ posted and then you guys say he stole it. D:

Anyway, I've thought of a new place, the sewers, that could act as the Underground walkway thing from Kanto.
What do you think?

the thing that i don't really like is that it seems a little close the new fifth generation dog pokemon, if you look at the final evolution. But other than that i love it, although i was thinking a ground/fighting type Dingo as the lucario/zoroark pokemon. Don't get me wrong, I love the idea, but it think it's been used before.

my legendary ideas don't necessarily have to be based off of monuments, like FourthBeat posted awhile back, but more on the culture. That's not including the Stone Hedge one though. But, i think that if it's sprited right, it won't turn out stupid looking.

Well, just remember the sprite itself doesn't have all the features yet, so there's not much to say yet. I know it kind of looks like Mulando, the big dog Pokemon, but I want to give it a wispy fire-fur mane so you can tell its a fire type. And yes, there's such a thing as blue fire, so I think having them blue is fine. I've been having difficulty coming up with an idea for its tail, though. Any suggestions are welcome.

Would we sort of base them off specific animals in order to show the diverse cultures of the different Legendaries? Like a Mayan looking one, an Egyptian looking one, and then the other.

Also, I love the idea for the sewer system. There could be Workers in there that you can battle every day, as well as maybe surfable water where you find stuff like Grimer, a pollution fish, Yabakuron, and the Garbage Can fakemon, who I'm gonna redesign.

evolutionrex

The Awesome Atheist
I was bored so i messed around with Google Translate, and i came up for an idea for the region's name: Lendura. it is the combination between the Latin words Lenta, which means tough, and Dura, which means hard. so, anyone like the name Lendura?

I love the idea of a sewer system, much like the underground in Sinnoh.

Last edited:
^^Yoshinichi^^ said:
Also, I love the idea for the sewer system. There could be Workers in there that you can battle every day, as well as maybe surfable water where you find stuff like Grimer, a pollution fish, Yabakuron, and the Garbage Can fakemon, who I'm gonna redesign.

We all knew this question was coming, so I might as well ask, would they house a legendary fakemon and, if so, can I design it?

Also, Lendura sounds really good.

KillingEdge

Endeavoring Creator
I have an idea for a Grass starter, if you don't mind Grass/Fighting typing.

Grass into Grass/Fighting gorilla line. Now, before anyone mentions the overabundance of monkeys, Pokemon currently lacks a straight-up gorilla. I think someone suggested an Electric-typed gorilla already in this topic, but I figure I may as well post this anyway.

First stage is named Lowlunk (lowland + lunk, meaning dull or awkward/heavy). It looks like a small lightly-dark-green gorilla (basically the color of the default Serebii forum background) with a bit of a gut and chubby arms, and one of those wooden conical hats on his head. Its hands also have wooden fingerless 'gloves' on them. Its sprites would depict it either sitting down or propping itself up with its arms, kinda like Hihidaruma and real gorillas, because it's awkwardness leads it to not stand upright often.

Second stage is Barbarape (barbarian + ape, also a play on the barbary ape). In this stage, it's become less dim-witted, and stands upright. It also loses its gut and gains a noticeably more muscular build, and instead of the coned hat Lowlunk had, Barbarape has a wooden battle helmet over its head. Its gloves have also grown out to look more akin to gauntlets.

Final stage is Berserkong (berserker + kong, which we all know is commonly used in reference to large apes). Berserkong's body build doesn't change much from Barbarape's, besides becoming larger, though its forearms/fists have become notably thicker than the rest of the arm. Its gauntlets have also been broken off at the fists, leaving Berserkong with what are essentially wooden bracelets/forearm guards that are purely cosmetic at this stage. It's also regained the conical hat it had before, but Berserkong's hat is flatter and wider than Lowlunk's.

Again, this is just an idea I had.

KillingEdge said:
I have an idea for a Grass starter, if you don't mind Grass/Fighting typing.

Grass into Grass/Fighting gorilla line. Now, before anyone mentions the overabundance of monkeys, Pokemon currently lacks a straight-up gorilla. I think someone suggested an Electric-typed gorilla already in this topic, but I figure I may as well post this anyway.

First stage is named Lowlunk (lowland + lunk, meaning dull or awkward/heavy). It looks like a small lightly-dark-green gorilla (basically the color of the default Serebii forum background) with a bit of a gut and chubby arms, and one of those wooden conical hats on his head. Its hands also have wooden fingerless 'gloves' on them. Its sprites would depict it either sitting down or propping itself up with its arms, kinda like Hihidaruma and real gorillas, because it's awkwardness leads it to not stand upright often.

Second stage is Barbarape (barbarian + ape, also a play on the barbary ape). In this stage, it's become less dim-witted, and stands upright. It also loses its gut and gains a noticeably more muscular build, and instead of the coned hat Lowlunk had, Barbarape has a wooden battle helmet over its head. Its gloves have also grown out to look more akin to gauntlets.

Final stage is Berserkong (berserker + kong, which we all know is commonly used in reference to large apes). Berserkong's body build doesn't change much from Barbarape's, besides becoming larger, though its forearms/fists have become notably thicker than the rest of the arm. Its gauntlets have also been broken off at the fists, leaving Berserkong with what are essentially wooden bracelets/forearm guards that are purely cosmetic at this stage. It's also regained the conical hat it had before, but Berserkong's hat is flatter and wider than Lowlunk's.

Again, this is just an idea I had.

It sounds really good to me. But I have one question. What's a conical hat?

KillingEdge

Endeavoring Creator
One of those hats that's cone-shaped and made out of woven wood or whatever. I'm not sure if there's an actual name for them, though.

It sounds really good to me. But I have one question. What's a conical hat?

A conical hat is what I assume would also be called a dunce cap. I'm not too fond of the idea of giving it a hat, but other than that it's an awesome idea and they have amazing names. Guys, I'm sorry I haven't really sprited anything new yet. I can't put all the sprites in one image unless the black in their outlines are lighter, because when I copy/paste gifs, they have a black background.

Lendura sounds very interesting, though I think we still need to figure out where in the world we're basing this region off of, you know?