• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Project Trico: Team Ico Reveals New Game?

NPC

sleep researcher
PlayStationLifeStyle.net recently revealed a series of screenshots and a video that is purportedly of Team Ico's new PS3 IP, for now known as "Project Trico". (Tri + Ico, indicating that it's the third game of the Horned Child saga.)

The video seems very early in terms of graphics, and shows a small boy (similar in clothing to Ico) who apparently traverses a maze-like canyon landscape with the help of a large, griffin-cat-thing. Note that said thing has a bunch of arrows stuck in its body.

Multiple people announced that the next Team Ico game would be something like this, including predictions of a boy who would ride a "golem" or, even more explicitly, a "gryphon". Considering the degree of effort visibly put into this and the attention to detail (note the griffin's extremely realistic movements and subtle reactions), I think this is the real deal; it's just an early model.

Let's not forget that the first footage we got of Shadow of the Colossus was called "Project Nico" (Ni, "two" in Japanese + Ico), and it ended up being extremely different from the final product, so don't assume that everything here will carry over to the game once it's released.

Anyway, discuss. I've always loved Team Ico's stuff, and I honestly couldn't be more excited that we're finally getting news. As for the game itself, I have several different feelings about it right now, but I think I'll have to see more before I can even begin to pass judgment.