• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Project X Zone

Recon

Eh...although you could counter argue with some other characters, their back stories and adventures are much darker than Sonic's. The system reminds me of a combination of Fire Emblem, the Tales series, and a typical 3D fighter (which neither is a bad thing in my case). Aside from that, I don't know half these characters, nor do I play many games that those that I know of are from (including spin-offs). That aside, though I doubt this will reach overseas, if it does and it gets good rating, I'll pick it up.

That said, a thread bump of a thread that was last posted in around 2 months ago...not a good thing.

Actually, the battle system reminds me of Super Robot Taisen OG Saga's battle system, especially the CG cutscenes, and the fact that two of the characters for the game are included in Project X Zone

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Good thing, actually. The fact there's a legitimate reason to bump a thread that already exists without making another copy is good.
True, at least we can talk about stuff now...

Actually, the battle system reminds me of Super Robot Taisen OG Saga's battle system, especially the CG cutscenes, and the fact that two of the characters for the game are included in Project X Zone
Haven't played those games so I can't say much.

No wonder the trailer reminded me of Gainax's works!

Wow and it seems AuraChannelerChris beat me to it.

Last edited:

Recon

Haven't played those games so I can't say much.

Well another battle system to compare it to is the Namco X Capcom RPG, as the battle system is quite similar.

An00bis

Wicked Witch
They barely advertised the previous game (Namco x Capcom) which is debated to have lead to its failure, so it's nice to see them making an effort.

Maybe we'll get it over here in the States this time.

arceus7

Arcane Of The Wild
Well the song could have been better, and the singing went into a kinda deadish register at one point

Recon

Yeah, I feel that they did better with this intro, otherwise known as the prequel to Project X Zone.

And I wouldn't be surprised if they added the last two characters from Super Robot Taisen OG Saga, seeing as how 5 of the 7 playable characters in that game are in X Zone. But to be fair, 3 of the 7 characters come from other universes, Namco X Capcom and Xenosaga.

Last edited:

arceus7

Arcane Of The Wild
Hoo? Well that one was much better XD , they had Tales of Phantasia in Namco X Capcom huh.

I would have preffered a more trance beat for this kind of game opening with a female singer or a rock one with a male singer than the j-beat stuff they got going

Bass and drums might have worked as well

Recon

I think it needed a stronger beat when they showed off that giant robot thing and during the montage of attacks.

Overall, there was a lack in change during the theme, it was too one-dimensional.

And after watching the prequel intro, I now wonder why Hiryu wasn't included in X Zone.

Also, for those who don't know what Super Robot Taisen OG Saga is, here's a helpful trailer I dug up.

Just one look at this battle system will make you see the similarities.

I recommend picking up this game if you can find it, it wasn't widely advertised and a pretty old game to boot.

Sorry about that little tangent, back to X Zone discussion!

Last edited:

arceus7

Arcane Of The Wild
On a side note ratings have changed a lot huh XD, yeah, I also thought the voice wasnt a good pick too for that song anyhow

Wait thats an atlus game, the similarities are very striking, so who was developing this?

Recon

On a side note ratings have changed a lot huh XD, yeah, I also thought the voice wasnt a good pick too for that song anyhow

Wait thats an atlus game, the similarities are very striking, so who was developing this?

It was published by Atlus in the US, but in Japan, it was by published by Namco Bandai. The developer was Monolith Soft, also known as the company that developed Xenoblade Chronicles, Namco X Capcom, Xenosaga, and now, Project X Zone and a future Nintendo-published 3DS and Wii U game.

arceus7

Arcane Of The Wild
^ Well if its still there now then it should be pretty reliable, after all when someone edits a Wiki to say Obama died of a heart attack, it gets deleted in a couple hours ( this was back in 08)

R_N

^ Well if its still there now then it should be pretty reliable, after all when someone edits a Wiki to say Obama died of a heart attack, it gets deleted in a couple hours ( this was back in 08)

Those are...kind of...different levels of importance

But, yes, monolithsoft's working on a game, we found out about that ~ the 13th. Lots of sites reported on it

arceus7

Arcane Of The Wild
^ Well yes but my point is that no matter the case the staff are very attentive to the BS people might spout on their beloved encyclopedia

Recon

Those are...kind of...different levels of importance

But, yes, monolithsoft's working on a game, we found out about that ~ the 13th. Lots of sites reported on it

Actually I double checked, they announced they were making a 3DS game on Feb 22.

The Wii U game announcement was on the 13th