• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Project X Zone

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
Apparently being released in Japan October 11th, this is a crossover from Namco Bandai, Sega, and Capcom, being co-developed by Monolith Soft and Banpresto.

Video:
[video=youtube;l4S2BTAo3rg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4S2BTAo3rg[/video]

Wikipedia Page.

Characters include Yuri Lowell and Flynn from Tales of Vesperia, Jin Kazama and Ling Xiaoyu from Tekken, Ryu and Chun-Li from Street Fighter, Mega Man X and Zero from Mega Man, Chris Redfield and Jill Valentine from Resident Evel, Ulala from Space Channel 5, Opa-Opa from Fantasy Zone, Kurt Irving from Valkyria Chronicles III, and up to 200 more characters.

Admittedly, before I saw a trailer earlier today, I was not too interested in the game. After seeing a trailer, my interest in it skyrocketed.

What about you guys? Thoughts? Opinions?

Jb

Tsun in the streets
Yuri Lowell is reason enough to buy this game.

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
I WANT THIS GAME TO BE RELEASED IN THE WEST!!! DAMN IT NAMCO SEGA AND CAPCOM YOU BETTER DO RELEASE IT IN THE WEST!!

There I think that got my point across.

Zibdas

not bad
I'm hoping for some Tales of the Abyss love too.

I WANT THIS GAME TO BE RELEASED IN THE WEST!!! DAMN IT NAMCO SEGA AND CAPCOM YOU BETTER DO RELEASE IT IN THE WEST!!

I seem to have missed it. You should probably type in a bigger font.

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil

To be fair, it's being developed by Monolith Soft.

And their last game came out later than it should have.

MonkeyX

Looks good, but I question the lack of Sonic, it would obviously be a no-brainer to put him in there partnered with Tails.

Unlikely as it is, it would be freaking awesome if they put Phoenix Wright in this.

Recon

...am I the only one who likes the fact that they put in some .hack characters in there?

Though I do want to see Phoenix Wright and someone from the Sonic series in there. While I'm at it, I'll just list off some other characters I'd like to see.

Bayonetta
Someone from ToS
Bass EXE. (My number one right here, I could go on about how much I like this character, but I'll just say he's ****** in the Battle Network series. As long as he makes an appearance, I'm fine.)
Someone from ToX
Someone form ToG

Last edited:

sceptile33

This game has definitely caught my interest now, even though I'm not familiar with most of the characters revealed. Anything that has to do with Monolith Soft will catch my attention.

All three of the companies have released and localized games for the 3DS already, so I don't see why they shouldn't this time.

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
To be fair, it's being developed by Monolith Soft.

And their last game came out later than it should have.

Yeah but is also being developed by Banpresto and their games almost never get a western released.

But since Namco is working on the lastest Smash Bros. maybe just maybe Nintendo will localize it.

The game is a sequel (kind of) of a game that was never released outside of Japan.

You know what the annoying thing is?

I heard that Namco × Capcom was going to get a western released but got cancelled.

I see. Well, I don't have too much faith in Nintendo attempting to localize it either. I hope I'm wrong like I was with Xenoblade, though.

Well Xenoblade did sell in big numbers if Nintendo plays this smart and say that the game is made from the same development studio that created Xenoblade along the fact that is a crossover game.

It should sells in big numbers.

But of course that only works if Nintendo actually bring the game over to the West.

It's good but it needs better graphics at least it might be good as the wait for SSB 3DS will be long.

Get out if you are going to say stupid things like that.

The graphics are fine and don't make the game.

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
It's good but it needs better graphics at least it might be good as the wait for SSB 3DS will be long.

What's wrong with the graphics? They had to make a equal ground, otherwise all the different art styles together would make it look terrible. It looks great for what it's trying to accomplish.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Wow Megaman? good move Capcom.
I know!

Anyways, interested in this title but not enough to actually go out and buy it. We'll see what happens.

Personal opinion, I won't bite, unlike everyone else. Still, the graphics are great in terms of pixel art.

Recon

16 Minute Trailer

I'm actually pretty impressed with this game, but my question is, even though it's co-produced by Sega, why isn't Sonic in this, seeing as how it's their #1 Mascot. Though I honestly do wish Bass. EXE was included in this game, even as a villain.

Also hoping that there's either a Japanese Audio function or the dub voices aren't bad.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Eh...although you could counter argue with some other characters, their back stories and adventures are much darker than Sonic's. The system reminds me of a combination of Fire Emblem, the Tales series, and a typical 3D fighter (which neither is a bad thing in my case). Aside from that, I don't know half these characters, nor do I play many games that those that I know of are from (including spin-offs). That aside, though I doubt this will reach overseas, if it does and it gets good rating, I'll pick it up.

That said, a thread bump of a thread that was last posted in around 2 months ago...not a good thing.

Last edited: