• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Promise (Abilityshipping, One-shot)

Darkliger

The Shadow Elite
Here is the second Abilityshipping fic to appear on Serebii Forums. I was actually inspired to write this one-shot by The Great Butler and his one-shot Abilityshipping songfic. So, in essence, this one would be the sequel to Great Butler's Super Trouper.

Enjoy...

----------

Promise by Darkliger
Rating: PG

The sun was setting over the Seafoam Islands, presenting a vibrant and beautiful array of colors onto the islands. A group of Wingulls were flying along the shores. The mood was clam and soothing – but usually it’s because someone thinks of the scene as such. Ash Ketchum, the hero of Pallet Town, was in such a mood.

He had competed in the final battle of the Battle Frontier against its champion Wallace. The battle was intense; despite the fact that all of Wallace’s Pokémon were water-types, they were extremely well-trained and were able to stand up to Pikachu and his electric attacks. His team of Pokémon fought valiantly, and soon the battle had come down to the last two, Pikachu vs. Wallace’s Milotic. After many hard hits, and what seemed would be a draw, the battle was over, and a victor emerged…

…Ash and Pikachu were triumphant.

Like most audiences, this crowd didn’t pick favorites. The thousands of people in the stadium roared in applause as Ash claimed victory over the now former Battle Frontier champion. Wallace himself congratulated the young aspiring Pokémon Master, “Your victory no small feat. My water-types were trained to withstand even a Raikou’s Thunder attack,” he said with a smile, “Your Pikachu was very well-trained if he could take down my Milotic. Congratulations, Ash Ketchum.”

Ash was proud of himself and his Pokémon for obtaining victory; but he knew there was only one reason why he was able to win. Anabel. Before the battle, he called her asked her to come and cheer for him. Though the trip was difficult, and though it seemed like the Salon Maiden wouldn’t be able to make it – she did. With Anabel there to cheer him on, Ash was now inspired to go on to victory.

“I owe a lot to Anabel,” he mused happily.

You would think Ash would be more than happy now that he was one step closer to fulfilling his dream, with the support from his Pokémon, his friends, and most importantly the love of his life, Anabel; and he would be, only… shortly after the battle, Anabel totally disappeared from his sight. It had become the biggest mystery of that day.

“Where did Anabel go?” he thought with mixed emotions, “She couldn’t have gone far… could she?”

Deciding he would get nowhere by just sitting there, the teenage Pokémon trainer got up and went to search for the girl. The area of the island he was in right then was a crowded tourist area, so it wasn’t going to be an easy search – especially when the crowd around him had seen his battle and now practically idolized him – the pains of being a champion.

A few minutes of signing autographs later, Ash resumed his search. “Now I if were Anabel, where would I go?”

Anabel wasn’t the type who just isolated herself, but she hated crowds. So she had to be somewhere much quieter than this place; but where? Then, it hit him – the other side of the island. The northern side of Seafoam was a more subtle area in comparison to the southern end where he was. It was the perfect place to go if someone wanted to be alone or with someone special.

Ash resolved that he will finally be able to do what he always wanted to do since the day he fell in love with her – to be able to hold and tell her how much he loves her. There was no way he was going to back down now; and now that Misty was out of his heart, he could care less if the redhead objected. All he had to do was find her.

Pikachu saw the solemn look on his best friend’s face and wondering if he was okay, “Pika-pi? Pikachu?”

The boy noticed his Pokémon’s worry and gave him a smile in return. Unlike the time before his battle with Wallace, this smile was genuine. “I’m alright Pikachu. I was thinking about earlier today. Anabel promised that she would come to watch our battle… and she kept it.”

“Pikaaa!”

As they were running along the shores of the island, Pikachu caught sight of someone sitting at the beach with a Pokémon, and alerted Ash, making him skid to a halt. Wondering what the little mouse wanted, he looked at where Pikachu was pointing to…

Elsewhere, The Frontier Brain, Anabel, was sitting along the beach with her Espeon, enjoying the refreshing breeze, and watched the last moments of the day’s sunset.

“I never would have thought Ash would dedicate that battle to me, Espeon,” she said as smiled and hugged her knees to her chest.

“Es-Espeon-eon,” the Pokémon replied in at “as-a-matter-of-fact” tone.

Her trainer giggled, “I guess I shouldn’t be surprised. Ash counted on me to show up. I wasn’t about to let him down any time soon.”

“Espeon! …eon?”

“What is it?”

The girl looked and spotted a familiar figure walking towards her. The rays from the sun blocked her view at first, but after squinting for a moment, she recognized the figure.

“Ash!!”

As if Anabel was acting on impulse alone, she quickly ran to the new Battle Frontier champion and hugged him like there was no tomorrow. This sudden action definitely caught the young trainer off guard. But after a brief moment, he smiled and hugged her back.

“Ash, you found me!”

“Yeah, I knew you’d be around here. And I hoping to surprise you; but I guess Espeon caught me…” Ash closed his eyes, “Anabel?”

“What is it?”

“…Thank you…” he said before bringing her closer to him, “for supporting me.”

“I told you before…” she replied as she rested her head on his shoulder, “I’m here for you, and I always will be.”

THE END

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
Very, very, very nice. Did I mention how very nice this is?

You took on a challenge I thought impossible--writing a sequel to a oneshot songfic that was written by someone else--and excelled superbly in it. You captured and continued the mood of Super Trouper to a tee, and your piece was nice and to the point.

The sun was setting over the Seafoam Islands, presenting a vibrant and beautiful array of colors onto the islands. A group of Wingulls were flying along the shores.

Lovely image, that is.

He had competed in the final battle of the Battle Frontier against its champion Wallace. The battle was intense; despite the fact that all of Wallace’s Pokémon were water-types, they were extremely well-trained and were able to stand up to Pikachu and his electric attacks. His team of Pokémon fought valiantly, and soon the battle had come down to the last two, Pikachu vs. Wallace’s Milotic. After many hard hits, and what seemed would be a draw, the battle was over, and a victor emerged…

…Ash and Pikachu were triumphant.

That gives me a great impression of how the battle went, even though we never see a second of it.

Speaking of Wallace, I think it'd be even better if we determined what six Pokémon he used. I say Luvdisc/Whiscash/Feraligatr/Lanturn/Lapras/Milotic.

Speaking of Luvdisc, the mention of that little guy gives me some more ideas for fics.....:D

Ash was proud of himself and his Pokémon for obtaining victory; but he knew there was only one reason why he was able to win. Anabel. Before the battle, he called her asked her to come and cheer for him. Though the trip was difficult, and though it seemed like the Salon Maiden wouldn’t be able to make it – she did. With Anabel there to cheer him on, Ash was now inspired to go on to victory.

That paragraph captured and summed up Super Trouper perfectly.

You would think Ash would be more than happy now that he was one step closer to fulfilling his dream, with the support from his Pokémon, his friends, and most importantly the love of his life, Anabel; and he would be, only… shortly after the battle, Anabel totally disappeared from his sight. It had become the biggest mystery of that day.

This gives Anabel a surprising quality, which I'll elaborate on a bit farther down.

Deciding he would get nowhere by just sitting there, the teenage Pokémon trainer got up and went to search for the girl. The area of the island he was in right then was a crowded tourist area, so it wasn’t going to be an easy search – especially when the crowd around him had seen his battle and now practically idolized him – the pains of being a champion.

That gave me a chuckle. I remember in a failed attempt at a sequel to Enigma Shadow I had Rich signing autographs for two hours after a Battle Tower match.

Anabel wasn’t the type who just isolated herself, but she hated crowds. So she had to be somewhere much quieter than this place; but where? Then, it hit him – the other side of the island. The northern side of Seafoam was a more subtle area in comparison to the southern end where he was. It was the perfect place to go if someone wanted to be alone or with someone special.

First line is the surprising quality. I never really expected Anabel to be the kind to hate crowds, but now that I think about it it works well for her.

Just a slight continuity error I should point out: the match with Wallace happened at the Battle Dome, which is located near Lavender Town--nowhere near the Seafoam Islands. It's not a major problem, but you might want to edit in something like a cryptic e-mail from Anabel that tells Ash to go to the Seafoam Islands.

Ash resolved that he will finally be able to do what he always wanted to do since the day he fell in love with her – to be able to hold and tell her how much he loves her. There was no way he was going to back down now; and now that Misty was out of his heart, he could care less if the redhead objected. All he had to do was find her.

Heh. I can imagine the lines about Misty rubbing some Pokéshippers the wrong way. ;) (I kid! I kid!!!)

“I never would have thought Ash would dedicate that battle to me, Espeon,” she said as smiled and hugged her knees to her chest.

“Es-Espeon-eon,” the Pokémon replied in at “as-a-matter-of-fact” tone.

Her trainer giggled, “I guess I shouldn’t be surprised. Ash counted on me to show up. I wasn’t about to let him down any time soon.”

Very cute scene. :)

“Yeah, I knew you’d be around here. And I hoping to surprise you; but I guess Espeon caught me…” Ash closed his eyes, “Anabel?”

“What is it?”

“…Thank you…” he said before bringing her closer to him, “for supporting me.”

“I told you before…” she replied as she rested her head on his shoulder, “I’m here for you, and I always will be.”

And a lovely ending to a lovely oneshot.

You did great, no doubt about it. I just love this. You ought to post the link in the Anabel Fan Club and the AbilityShipping thread.

Arrow

The Southern Cross
Overall, pretty darn good. I kinda felt there were a few loose ends to be tied up, but nevertheless, it was still great. No grammatical or spelling errors, well spaced (and easy to read!)

8.5 or 9 out of 10!