• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Promoting Healthy Tangrowth (602)

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
As for the episode though, is it official that Mamoswine obeys Dawn now? I haven't seen the episode BTW.
Er...it "officially" obeyed back in DP120. However, it had been resistant to contests since then. It is now in tip-top contest shape.
Kinda...and i'm surprised nobody is commenting on the Movie version of the opening song...it's pretty good,i like it more than the original personally
It's okay. I sorta miss the bizarre electronic intrumental for the Galactic/J parts.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Some amusing bits of the episode:

Mamoswine chasing after Pikachu/Piplup.

Dawn patting Ursaring on the back thinking it was Piloswine...and then running away screaming and covering her eyes. Makes you wonder what that Ursaring was going to do to her if Mamoswine didn't save her.

Tangrowth had a fairly decent portayal.

Filler girl was so bland it felt like she was a tree.

BM14murph

Master Collector
Er...it "officially" obeyed back in DP120. However, it had been resistant to contests since then. It is now in tip-top contest shape.

It's okay. I sorta miss the bizarre electronic intrumental for the Galactic/J parts.

I miss dat bit too nd your first post on dis was hillarious lol

Hmmm iliked da episode i must say

I thought Tangrowth looked a bit bunny nd more fat than i thought it would be compared to it's sugimori artwork

Why couldn't they have given mammo a better move like blizzard,avalance,earthquake hell even powder snow or ice beam

Did anybody see the shot croagunk got on brock in the begining of the ep???? ouch lol

Alloute

Not Banned
I re-watched it in HD, and I really liked the colors lol.

The story was ok, Tangrowth wanted to heal the tree, that is a nice lesson.

But I think the rest was pretty dull.

V Faction

www.faction.com
Maybe I've just had bad hearing for a while, and thus have been oblivious to changes but... Did they use a different instrumental against the lyrics in the opening? It sounded much more orchestrated. Was this already in effect?Note that I usually just skip past the opening.

uber gon

Accept Change
Kinda...and i'm surprised nobody is commenting on the Movie version of the opening song...it's pretty good,i like it more than the original personally
Mamoswine was more star in the episode than random pokemon of the day (this week:an absorb-abusing Tangrowth...it's not secret power,because he was giving out a berry for the victim to recover)

Well at least we know Tangrowth was nice.

The Lost Angel

Maybe I've just had bad hearing for a while, and thus have been oblivious to changes but... Did they use a different instrumental against the lyrics in the opening? It sounded much more orchestrated. Was this already in effect?Note that I usually just skip past the opening.

Yup, it's a remake. I think it's nicer than the previous one =)

victreebel007

Reasonable episode, not bad but not great. Mamoswine learning Hidden Power was unexpected and hopefully they will reveal what type it is. I get a feeling that it will be a staple of the next contest. Tangrowth was pretty cool.

133tSneasel

I was wondering if Tangrowth was using Secret Power or Mega Drain to steal the energy of POkemon and give it to itself and then giving it back to the tree?

Also, isn't Sceptile King of the Forest? or Jungle?

Good episode, none the less

JD

Tangrowth was using secrer power which made the pkmn go to sleep I thought not absorb.

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
I suppose I'm contractually obligated to post something bullet-pointed about this ep within a week of it airing, aren't I? Internet gimmick slavery is depressing indeed.

-Mamoswine is still stubborn-ish. This somehow reminds me of...some other Pokemon...it used to squabble with Dawn a lot and it'd act all proud and it was kinda hot tempered because of that pride. I wonder what happened to it? It was a pretty interesting pokemon, but I guess advertising got in the way of personality when it came to Dawn's team.
-Remixed op. It's...uh......lazy. It's fucking lazy. The instrumental part is generic as can be, and the vocals are exactly the same as they were in the original version. On the bright side, it's no longer so catchy that watching any ep of Diamond & Pearl will have High Touch! stuck in my head for an hour.
-'Sup, incredibly generic looking COTD?
-Today's wacky boss fantasy gets an 8/10. It's no "covering Giovanni with honey so that Pokemon swarm all over him", but it's still pretty wacky.
-And the episode ends and good god I've never been less excited about an episode since the Phione thing. At least stuff like Cresselia VS Darkrai and Looker had the lingering promise of maybe being interesting. This...didn't. Why no I didn't skim over most of the ep, especially since I really didn't see anything terribly interesting aside from the boss fantasy & the offensively lazy remix of the opening during that skimming, why do you ask?

STICKTOPIA

not much of a good filler episode IMO. This is almost like the episode when mamoswine finally started to obey Dawn.

HoennMaster

It's a good thing it isn't filler then. Mamoswine learning a move means it isn't filler. Strange, but true.

I finally watched parts of this episode, and finally it can be put to rest, Mamoswine does obey Dawn.....like it has since DP119.

Ronnoc

What kind of pokemon
Hey where did u guys watch his episode? i haven't been able to find a torrent of it anywhere T_T thnx if u tell me

randomspot555

My review of the episode:

After last week's semi-dissapointment (I liked it a bit more with a second watch), I really enjoyed what is probably pretty much a filler episode, though for much different reasons than the Rotom episode.

Opening theme: With the English version getting a decent theme, it's nice to hear a re-mix. Adding in horns, turning up the guitars. Sounds like they took the instrumental version of Together you can hear in the episode previews, cranked up the volume, added horns. Anyways, I liked it. Nice break.

I can't say the same about the ending theme though. There's only so much J-pop I can withstand. It's not BAD. It's just generic. It is better than Hikari's Theme.

Manmoo's character has evolved nicely. Instead of Satoshi's Lizardon all of a sudden change of pace, Manmoo has taken time to developed. First out of control, then just ignoring. Slowly gaining interest. Then obiedent but has no use in Contests.

And using Hidden Power is a nice touch for a contest move, since us game-mechanic nerds like myself don't think of a beast like Manmoo using wussy special attacks.

Mojumbo was great as a COTD. I was kind of hoping for a capture, but Manmoo learning HP is good enough. The ranger kind of sucked/was pointless/barely did anything.

Now, onto quotes:

This was the worst episode of Scooby-Doo I've ever seen.

First off, amazing post.

Ironically enough, most episodes can end with "And I would've gotten away with it too, if it wasn't for you meddling kids."

And here I was hoping Mamoswine could learn Earthquake. Why can't the main female learn an attack like that for once? I know that attack was in a banned episode, but it can't be that taboo.

Well, Paul's Torterra used Earth Power in a recent episode.

While that ban may or may not still be in effect, I don't see how it would help Manmoo in a Contest.

-Mamoswine is still stubborn-ish. This somehow reminds me of...some other Pokemon...it used to squabble with Dawn a lot and it'd act all proud and it was kinda hot tempered because of that pride. I wonder what happened to it? It was a pretty interesting pokemon, but I guess advertising got in the way of personality when it came to Dawn's team.

Interesting thought. Good for a laugh.

-Remixed op. It's...uh......lazy. It's fucking lazy. The instrumental part is generic as can be, and the vocals are exactly the same as they were in the original version. On the bright side, it's no longer so catchy that watching any ep of Diamond & Pearl will have High Touch! stuck in my head for an hour.

You're free to have your opinion, but you do know a remix is, right? It's not a new version of the song. They just remix it. Emphasize some parts of the music more, de-emphasize others, maybe add in an instrumental track that was originally taken out. It's still the same song, so of course they're going to have the same vocals, run about the same time, etc...

*though I understand the confusion. Remix is often just thrown around as "Title of whatever song version 2" **