• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Promoting Healthy Tangrowth (602)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
King of the Forest! Tangrowth!!

Heading to the next city for the Pokémon Contest, Dawn decides to start training her Pokémon for it. Mamoswine however ends up going into the forest and Dawn follows it. They soon find the wild Pokémon of the forest are having issues with a Tangrowth. Will Dawn & Mamoswine be able to help them and get back to Ash & Brock?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
It's was a great episode, when Tangrowth used the strange attack...

- Mamoo learns new move. I think it's Hidden Power.

- Mamoo chasing Pikachu and Pochama was hillarious.

- Sakaki imagination is back. Funny.

theforgottensoldier

divide and conquer!
it was an alright episode. Apparently tangrowth must have been using mega drain or something to store energy to use on a dying tree.

Was that attack that mamoswine learned blizzard or icy wind?

I can already tell that next weeks episode is gonna be comical. They showed ash, dawn, and brock trying to get across a spinning log...

Last edited:

TurtwigFan1

burning it down
Seemed like a good episode, I may watch it later today. So Mamoswine learned Hidden Power, eh? Awesome! He needs a new move for his upcoming contest and Hidden Power seems like a good choice.

Alloute

Not Banned
Interesting episode, even Sinnoh fillers are interesting.

I enjoyed Mamoswine myself ^_^

J-boogie200

I give this episode a 10/10. It was sweet how Mamoswine had tears at first when its training wasn't going according to plan. Why, when Piplup gave a demonstration to help Mamoswine, Mamoswine looked determined to beat Piplup. I'm really looking forward to some more Dawn and Mamoswine interaction. Dawn really is eager to keep training. Hidden Power looks awesome. Cross fingers for Piplup and Mamoswine to be used in a double battle for the Grand Festival. Love those two, as well as Dawn and the rest of her team. Awesome episode!

yaminokame

やみのかめ
So what is up with Mamoswine? Why did it run from Dawn?

It was going through mood swings lol XD At first it was upset because Pikachu and Piplup were laughing at it so it ran away, then after it was attacked, it wouldn't return because it had a grudge against Tangrowth XD She wanted it to stop and just go back to everyone else, but it must have been a pride thing :p

uber gon

Accept Change
Darn I was hoping for something other than Hidden Power. That, or at least the showcasing of whatever element Hidden Power would become.

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
This was the worst episode of Scooby-Doo I've ever seen. All this time, I was in over my head regarding who The Tangrowth really was behind that grotesque costume. The Tangrowth was one of the most tantalizing villains we've ever seen, yet they never even unmasked him by the end of the episode? Rip-off. Fortunately, through the power of mystery-solving, we can deduce who this fiend really was...

We start things off with Mamoswine, who people still wouldn’t believe is obedient if it suddenly charged out of the TV and began smothering you with love. And if you were sick of Ice Beam, then good knows for you, because Mamoswine has Ice Boogers. Now there’s a word you haven’t heard since pre-school. And so our lovely COTD walks up, who I assume is a park ranger. She’s apparently not very good at her job, however, as Dawn has already passed into the forbidden zone. Suddenly, our villain leaps out from the trees.

It’s The Tangrowth! It is here that we must look carefully for identity clues. It shoots fancy lasers and fires Bullet Seed, and enjoys both whipping and zapping with its tentacles. Conclusion? The Tangrowth is Harley. It was only a matter of time until he returned, considering the fandom’s boredom with Zoey and Kenny. But perhaps such a judgment is a hasty one. Whatever. So here we have TR walking when all of a sudden AN ONIX! OMG! WE’VE TOTALLY NEVER SEEN ONE OF THOSE RANDOMLY POP OUT OF THE GROUND BEFORE AND ACT LIKE A TURD! But The Tangrowth zaps it, forcing me to one simple deduction – The Tangrowth is Steelix. Think about it – what is the only obstacle that stands between Steelix and complete screentime domination? Its inferior evolutionary form.

After a hilarious Giovanni fantasy that desperately needed the classic Scooby-Doo laugh track, we get a random Ursaring appearance, who like the random Onix appearance, only exists in this anime to be a prick whenever convenient. Ash and COTD and Random Stranger stumble upon The Tangrowth, attempting a potpourri of pretty attacks that should hopefully coax you into buying their merchandise. We see Mamoswine get ticked off at a few completely insignificant grass Pokemon and stumble upon a Deku-Tree-like-cave where The Tangrowth probably lives. And if you know anything about caves in the Pokemon world, you know this could only lead to one possible identity for our villain – The Tangrowth is a Golbat.

Of course, Golbats aren’t known to really leave their caves. Rather, Golbats tend to be happy not enabling you to walk more than three spaces at a time before they attack you, then get their amusement by not allowing you to run since their Speed is superior, and thus, they get plenty of laughs using Confuse Ray on you repeatedly. Funny stuff. Team Rocket then comes to save the day in their Mystery Machine, now equipped with a vacuum. But they fail, and soon enough, The Tangrowth revives a tree using the life it sucked out of everyone over the course of the episode. This, my friends, leads to our final definitive answer for The Tangrowth’s true identity:

The Tangrowth is Serebii Forums. Sucking the life out of the innocent, then replenishing the feeble aspects of life that nobody truly cares about. Personally, I feel this was a fantastic metaphor and I must tip my hat off to the writers for thinking of it. If it weren’t for this wonderful parallel, this would have been a horribly mediocre episode, but since it was obviously intentional, I now want to hold up a banner while naked on an overpass expressing my deep appreciation for the Pokemon writers, who make my life complete.

uber gon

Accept Change
And here I was hoping Mamoswine could learn Earthquake. Why can't the main female learn an attack like that for once? I know that attack was in a banned episode, but it can't be that taboo.

V Faction

www.faction.com
For the people's consideration, I went a shortened your post, S.S.

Scooby-Doo

It’s The Tangrowth! The Tangrowth is Harley. The Tangrowth is Steelix. The Tangrowth is a Golbat. The Tangrowth is Serebii Forums.

Ice Boogers.
There. That puts everything into a postively perfect perspective.

ElectiCrow

Do The Tevez!
Shame no-one caught Tangrowth tho i would have liked to see him more!

Pikalover

Ahh, true love ^_^
This was the worst episode of Scooby-Doo I've ever seen. All this time, I was in over my head regarding who The Tangrowth really was behind that grotesque costume. The Tangrowth was one of the most tantalizing villains we've ever seen, yet they never even unmasked him by the end of the episode? Rip-off. Fortunately, through the power of mystery-solving, we can deduce who this fiend really was...

We start things off with Mamoswine, who people still wouldn’t believe is obedient if it suddenly charged out of the TV and began smothering you with love. And if you were sick of Ice Beam, then good knows for you, because Mamoswine has Ice Boogers. Now there’s a word you haven’t heard since pre-school. And so our lovely COTD walks up, who I assume is a park ranger. She’s apparently not very good at her job, however, as Dawn has already passed into the forbidden zone. Suddenly, our villain leaps out from the trees.

It’s The Tangrowth! It is here that we must look carefully for identity clues. It shoots fancy lasers and fires Bullet Seed, and enjoys both whipping and zapping with its tentacles. Conclusion? The Tangrowth is Harley. It was only a matter of time until he returned, considering the fandom’s boredom with Zoey and Kenny. But perhaps such a judgment is a hasty one. Whatever. So here we have TR walking when all of a sudden AN ONIX! OMG! WE’VE TOTALLY NEVER SEEN ONE OF THOSE RANDOMLY POP OUT OF THE GROUND BEFORE AND ACT LIKE A TURD! But The Tangrowth zaps it, forcing me to one simple deduction – The Tangrowth is Steelix. Think about it – what is the only obstacle that stands between Steelix and complete screentime domination? Its inferior evolutionary form.

After a hilarious Giovanni fantasy that desperately needed the classic Scooby-Doo laugh track, we get a random Ursaring appearance, who like the random Onix appearance, only exists in this anime to be a prick whenever convenient. Ash and COTD and Random Stranger stumble upon The Tangrowth, attempting a potpourri of pretty attacks that should hopefully coax you into buying their merchandise. We see Mamoswine get ticked off at a few completely insignificant grass Pokemon and stumble upon a Deku-Tree-like-cave where The Tangrowth probably lives. And if you know anything about caves in the Pokemon world, you know this could only lead to one possible identity for our villain – The Tangrowth is a Golbat.

Of course, Golbats aren’t known to really leave their caves. Rather, Golbats tend to be happy not enabling you to walk more than three spaces at a time before they attack you, then get their amusement by not allowing you to run since their Speed is superior, and thus, they get plenty of laughs using Confuse Ray on you repeatedly. Funny stuff. Team Rocket then comes to save the day in their Mystery Machine, now equipped with a vacuum. But they fail, and soon enough, The Tangrowth revives a tree using the life it sucked out of everyone over the course of the episode. This, my friends, leads to our final definitive answer for The Tangrowth’s true identity:

The Tangrowth is Serebii Forums. Sucking the life out of the innocent, then replenishing the feeble aspects of life that nobody truly cares about. Personally, I feel this was a fantastic metaphor and I must tip my hat off to the writers for thinking of it. If it weren’t for this wonderful parallel, this would have been a horribly mediocre episode, but since it was obviously intentional, I now want to hold up a banner while naked on an overpass expressing my deep appreciation for the Pokemon writers, who make my life complete.

S.Suikun, your posts normally make me laugh, but this was by far the funniest XD

As for the episode though, is it official that Mamoswine obeys Dawn now? I haven't seen the episode BTW.

kpt25

Steel type trainer
Kinda...and i'm surprised nobody is commenting on the Movie version of the opening song...it's pretty good,i like it more than the original personally
Mamoswine was more star in the episode than random pokemon of the day (this week:an absorb-abusing Tangrowth...it's not secret power,because he was giving out a berry for the victim to recover)