• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pronounication of Ferroseed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azureth

Pronunciation of Ferroseed.

In the anime they pronounce it as "Fur-ah-seed", but shouldn't it be "Fair-o-seed"?

Normally I don't question how they pronounce Pokemon names but this is one that bugged me.

Honeyichigo

The manliest
I think it's because that's how the adjective "ferrous" is pronounced. Unless it isn't pronounced like that, in which case, ignore me.

I don't care.

They're pronouncing it the right way, deal.

EmilyMae

Beginning Princess
I hate it when shows do that! You go for a long time pronouncing something one way then they say it in the show and you have to teach yourself to say it another way.

Most likely everyone will be pronouncing it ferr-o-seed still though.

Erinmizu

I just say the pokemon names the way I want too even if the anime says otherwise lol

LizardonX

Banned
I felt betrayed when arceus was pronounced arkeus, Everyone I knew said Arseus.

Bluelatios*

^Lol, thats exactly how my best friend thinks! Anyways, I usually go with the golden rule of "if the anime says it, that's how its said" since the anime gives us the most insight of the Pokemon universe.

I just say the pokemon names the way I want too even if the anime says otherwise lol

Ditto. Even funnier is that I always say Unova "U-NOVA" not "UNAVAH" like the anime characters do. Because, it has no letter a or h in it and I can't see why they pronounce nova phonetically as -navah. XD.

In the anime they pronounce it as "Fur-ah-seed", but shouldn't it be "Fair-o-seed"?

Normally I don't question how they pronounce Pokemon names but this is one that bugged me.

Ditto. That's the way I say it too "Fair-o-seed." It's simple and it reads off like that. "Fur-ah-seed" sounds really awkward to me. :/

Last edited:
Ditto. Even funnier is that I always say Unova "U-NOVA" not "UNAVAH" like the anime characters do. Because, it has no letter a or h in it and I can't see why they pronounce nova phonetically as -navah. XD.

What's weird is that TPCi pronounced it the way you just did in A Venipede Stampede. (at least I think that was the episode)

I don't know what to believe anymore! XD

What's weird is that TPCi pronounced it the way you just did in A Venipede Stampede. (at least I think that was the episode)

I don't know what to believe anymore! XD

I know right? I was so happy they did! I think it was that scientist near the end of the episode, and I was saying "The COTD got it right to me! All hail COTD!" Then they went back to the other pronunciation episodes later. So confusing! XD.

Ninja Bulbasaur

They keep reprononcing Garbador, also. I thought Ferroseed was Fair-O-seed not Fur-a-seed. It's dumb.

Status
Not open for further replies.