• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Proper british comedy!

~Nidoking~

Team Aqua Admin
Here,you can talk about programmes such as
Blackadder
Mr.Bean
Vicar of Dibley
Tyo(The young ones)
Erm....Little Britian...
Thats all I have for now.

treespyro

Vintage much?
What about

Yes Minister
Are you being Served
Mind your Language
'Allo Allo
On the Buses
Faulty Towers
The Office

Those count right

mangaeyes

Without bashing American comedy (however much I'd like to) British comedy is so much more intelligent and done in such a great way in my opinion. American comedy to me is often a pie in the face and bad studio laughter whereas British stuff has a wider range of comedy.

I love Little Britain and The Catherine Tate show and stuff like that. Spaced was awesome I agree with Serebii however I can't stand the IT Crowd it makes me want to rip my face off. I dunno if this really counts as comedy TV but I really, really, really like Never Mind the Buzzcocks - Simon Amstell is so freakin' funny lol.

Tim the turtle

Happy Mudkip
British comedy is so much more intelligent and done in such a great way in my opinion.
As much as I agree with you there, you pretty much shot yourself in the foot by going on to suggest mindless recycled shock humour like Little Britain, which like it or not, is not a clever comedy.

The best recent British comedies are Jaack Dee's hilarious Lead Balloon and also Black Books is very good too. Mainly though British comedy seems to have otherwise dried up, we havent seen many series as funny as Blackadder or Fawlty Towers or Porridge in a long while, not counting the above mentioned or maybe The Office.

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
The lack of Only Fools mention is deplorable, if not disturbing. Batman & Robin, the chandelier, the Groovy Gang, the explosive inflatable dolls, the dead canary, Marlene's suspected death, Del-boy at Vicki's... All great stuff.

Did anyone ever tune in to Birds of a Feather? I watched it occassionally when I was younger, but while I did get a few laughs out of the show, I never truely got into it. Truth be told, I haven't heard mention of it in years, and it just so happened to be this thread that reminded me of it's existence.

The Benmeister

Master of Magnet
The lack of Boosh disturbs me.

But that's fine and dandy since Father Ted, Black Books and Spaced have all garnered a mention, not to mention Blackadder, voted the most quotable show in existance. By me.

Poliwag2

ship it holla
Real British comedy = Oxbridge and London graduates who, instead of finding a proper job, took up comedy (think Monty Python, Stephen Fry, Hugh Laurie, Ron Atkinson, Ricky Gervais etc.)

BlazingFury

Que Sera Sera
If 'The Young Ones' is on the list, 'Bottom' has to be on there too :)

Andywoo

Banned
So you saw my post in the Blackadder thread then, Nidoking?

Because it's christmas UKTV (a program on 'our' sky digital system), is showing all the Only Fools and Horses christmas specials.

As well as that, our family has all the episodes, movie length episodes etc. on DVD. Same with the Vicar of Dibely. I've also got Blackadder on tape somewhere, as well as a book with complete scripts.

I think I've also got Mr. Bean and Monty Pythons somewhere around, as well as Allo, Allo.

It seems the Britain can't make not good shows.

KetchupO

tωisted
Looka ma face, looka ma face.

Am I boverd?

Am I bovered though?

LMAO
Catherine Tate is hilarious! xD

siburke939

<------ my 1st shiny
the fast show
monkey dust
brass eye
i'm alan partridge

(all highly recommended)

Steffrox

de cold & de sorrow
Mighty Boosh
Big Train
Gavin and Stacey
these need love too, as they are epic

indigestible_wad

I loved Keeping up Appearances. My Hero was good with the original main character. I don't see much british comedy because I live on the opposite side of the world.

We might be terrible at football but at least we get comedy right. =P

Monty Python is probably the best comedy show there has ever been. One my favourite sketches from flying circus was that hide and seek one where they blew people up that were hiding behind bushes, trees etc. Classic.

Has anyone seen that new thing that was on a few months ago? I think it was called 'The Wrong Door' where they used special effects and CGI to create very sureal comical sketches. I found parts of that really funny and even the bits that weren't were interesting.

Jerre

Gogoat!
The young ones.

Keeping up appereances.

Mr.Bean

'Allo Allo

And Mony Python. For example: "Monty Python and the Holy Grail"