• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Proposed Colosseum Team

CMD Calcio

L'Amore per Sempre
Hey everyone. Just posting a team I hope to finalize in Colosseum. I just have one rule with this team...all the Pokémon on it except one must be obtainable in the game. Here's the team.

Umbreon @ Leftovers
Bold (+Def/-Atk)
~ Faint Attack
~ Moonlight
~ Toxic
~ Protect

Trollol.

Espeon @ Leftovers
Modest (+SAtk/-Atk)
~ Psychic
~ Morning Sun
~ Light Screen
~ Reflect

Team player. Idk what else you can do with Espeon in 3rd Gen.

Hariyama @ Leftovers
Careful (+SDef/-SAtk)
~ Bulk Up
~ Brick Break
~ Rock Slide
~ Rest

Novelty tank set. I'd prefer Brick Break over Cross Chop due to the increase in average damage and the fact that I get more PP. It's not like I'm using Electabuzz either.

Miltank @ Leftovers
Impish (+Def/-SAtk)
~ Return
~ Shadow Ball
~ Milk Drink
~ Heal Bell

Takes hits and hangs around.

Forretress @ Leftovers
Sassy (+SDef/-Spd)
~ Spikes
~ Earthquake
~ Double Edge
~ Rest

I figured I'd go with this set since I don't want to explode away my Normal type resistance and Miltank will just heal it anyways if it sleeps. I also realize the best nature on this is Impish but I could only get a Sassy one on my Colosseum save.

Lapras @ Leftovers
Calm (+SDef/-Atk)
~ Surf
~ Ice Beam
~ Thunderbolt
~ Roar

Phazer with Roar to deal Spikes damage. Good attacking variety too.

[Spoil]Ideas I had before:

Exeggutor @ Leftovers
Modest (+SAtk/-Atk)
~ Sleep Powder
~ Leech Seed
~ Psychic
~ Giga Drain

Provides recovery support to team.

Slowbro @ Leftovers
Bold (+Def/-Atk)
~ Calm Mind
~ Surf
~ Ice Beam
~ Rest

Fighting resist with some SAtk power.

Gyarados @ Lum Berry
Modest (+SAtk/-Atk)
~ Surf
~ Thunderbolt
~ Ice Beam
~ Thunder Wave

Novelty with BoltBeam to provide type coverage. I guess it's not bad to paralyze stuff either.[/spoil]

Last edited:

M4zz

Banned
Run this for Gyarados:

Gyarados@Lum Berry
Adamant Nater (+Atk / -Sp.A)
-Earthquake
-Hidden Power [Flying] / Hidden Power [Rock]
-Return / Dragon Dance
-Toxic / Thunder Wave

Gyarados has terrible Special Attack, so its better to use its Attack stat rather than its Special Attack. Hidden Power, Flying or Rock, is "manditory" or you get nothing else from Earthquake and Return coverage-wise. I suppose you could throw Dragon Dance over the Hidden Powers if you as so desire.

CMD Calcio

L'Amore per Sempre
I would have used a Dragon Dancing set too except I need a special attacker badly and I like Gyarados a lot. You have a point about its SAtk rating though. Maybe one of these would replace it?

Kingdra @ Lum Berry
Modest (+SAtk/-Atk)
~ Waterfall
~ Ice Beam
~ Dragonbreath
~ Agility

Has decent defenses. I didn't opt to Rain Dance since that would kill Morning Sun and Moonlight recovery for Espeon and Umbreon.

Lapras @ Leftovers
Bold (+Def/-Atk)
~ Waterfall
~ Ice Beam
~ Thunderbolt
~ Roar

Blah. Roar lets Spikes actually mean something.

Arcanine @ Lum Berry
Rash (+SAtk/-SDef)
~ Flamethrower
~ Crunch
~ Extremespeed
~ Iron Tail

I like Arcanine but the set is kinda filler. I guess Iron Tail lets me hit Rock types? lol.

M4zz

Banned
Lapras @ Leftovers
Bold (+Def/-Atk)
~ Waterfall
~ Ice Beam
~ Thunderbolt
~ Roar

Blah. Roar lets Spikes actually mean something.

Your best option of those three. Arcanine's attack is better, and Kingdra really doesn't have a good enough of a movepool to be doing anything drastically important.

Surf may be more beneficial than Waterfall. It hits both opposing Pokemon and has higher Base Damage. Unlike Generation IV and beyond, it won't hurt your team-mates either.

CMD Calcio

L'Amore per Sempre
Surf may be more beneficial than Waterfall. It hits both opposing Pokemon and has higher Base Damage. Unlike Generation IV and beyond, it won't hurt your team-mates either.
Thanks for the input on Lapras. But I thought that in 3rd Gen the base power of a move that hit multiple Pokémon was divided by the number of Pokémon it hit. So for Surf wouldn't it be divided by two and only become 47.5 per Pokémon it hit?

M4zz

Banned
Thanks for the input on Lapras. But I thought that in 3rd Gen the base power of a move that hit multiple Pokémon was divided by the number of Pokémon it hit. So for Surf wouldn't it be divided by two and only become 47.5 per Pokémon it hit?

No, from what I'm aware of and from what I've seen on both Bulbapedia and the Serebii attack Dex, this doesn't happen.

M4zz

Banned
You had a fighting resist in Gyarados, and yet you decided to replace it with a much worse of a Pokemon.

Fix it.

Emeraldfan

He doesn't lose his fighting resistance, lol :)

I don't really think Slowbro's that bad, but oh well. The set is fine.

Holthyr

Suicune Tamer
No, from what I'm aware of and from what I've seen on both Bulbapedia and the Serebii attack Dex, this doesn't happen.

From my experiences this DOES happen to moves like surf blizzard swift but DOES NOT happen for earthquake and explosion since they also hit your pokemons parner on the field.

CMD Calcio

L'Amore per Sempre
I don't really think Slowbro's that bad, but oh well. The set is fine.
I think Slowbro is awesome! But I guess he at least answered my question and I know his opinion on it now. I want a bulky water on my team though and I need some SAtk power so that will have to do.

M4zz

Banned
I think Slowbro is awesome! But I guess he at least answered my question and I know his opinion on it now. I want a bulky water on my team though and I need some SAtk power so that will have to do.

You can keep it, but honestly, you really didn't have a reason to drop Gyarados. Unless you feared Skarmory that much.

CMD Calcio

L'Amore per Sempre
It is lol. I just have this rule with all of my teams that I can use one Pokémon I can't normally get in the game. I was wanting Slowbro as that Pokémon before but I just figured out I can't do that now lol.

KingWiggins

You should replace Faint Attack with Mean Look, because it has terrible offensive stats.

Espeon can work better with Psychic, Sunny Day, Hidden Power Fire, and Morning Sun, I'm pretty sure...but it's up to you.

Lapras looks good with Roar, including since you have Spikes on your side, but giving it Sing/Confuse Rat may be better.

Hariyama works good with Bulk Up, but Sleep Talk will be much better if your going to do Rest.

Great team, good typing advantage, and pretty good movesets (Milktank made me half way explode though seeing how good you used it).

CMD Calcio

L'Amore per Sempre
Eh. Faint Attack actually works pretty well against the Psychic types that show up all the time in the game. I'm also not sure I want Umbreon to do nothing but Toxistall lol. I don't even know what Espeon's EVs are so I doubt I'll have Hidden Power Fire but I'd definitely use it if I had it! I like the Hariyama thought though...hadn't thought of Guts abusing Hariyama before. Unfortunately I have Thick Fat on this one so I'm gonna keep the novelty tank. Thanks for the suggestions though!

CMD Calcio

L'Amore per Sempre
Great team ^^
There isn't any notable problem.
Besides the huge fighting weakness right? ;)
Are you considering any EV's Spreads?
I have actually! Just not on Umbreon and Espeon since I've already gotten them to level 100 though playing the game and I don't have Emerald to to EV removal. Here are the ones I've done already...kinda arbitrary obviously. All of them are complete minus Lapras who I haven't even started on yet.

Hariyama: 254 HP/4 Atk/252 SDef
Miltank: 254 HP/100 Atk/156 Def
Forretress: 254 HP/100 Atk/156 Def (I'm seeing a trend here lol)
Lapras: 254 HP/100 SAtk/156 SDef

Btw. I just changed my plan for Lapras to a Calm one since I want the extra Special Defense.