1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Pros and Cons of Federalism Country

Discussion in 'Debate Forum' started by jireh the provider, Jun 13, 2016.

1. jireh the provider

jireh the provider Video Game Designer

For those that may not know save for a few Fil-Ams in this forum, the recent president of the Philippines named Rodrigo Duterte will turn the country's state from a Democratic State to a Federalism State in about 2-3 years (somewhere in 2018-2019). Others would include death penalty and public beheadings (maybe that is what's called?) to deal with the rampant crime around the country. But this thread isn't for the latter 2 topics.

This will be the first time for the country to have another state change since the ousting of the Spaniards in Philippine History. However, this makes me look back to the Americans that introduced democracy to the country. From what little I know about American history, the country was Federalist before they became Democratic.

I'm interested to know as to what are the pros and cons of a Federalistic country in a social, economic, cultural, and livelihood perspective. You can add more perspectives of pros and cons of Federalism. Keep in mind that the country originally has 8 dominating tribes + more than 100 minor tribes through its recent history.

This is one of the most recent debates in the country due to being an archipelago clustered with MANY tribes and cultures, and has found 186 languages.