• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Prostitution

Wow, a bunch of ten-year old nerds who don't know how to talk to girls are discussing prostitution.

Double A

And to answer the question, i think no. Its wrong to pay someone for intercourse. Also it would help spread STDS (or STIs now). And, Isn't intercourse about loving or really liking someone (emotionally of course). Plus many are forced into it.

Why is it wrong to pay someone for sex?

Why would STD/I's be spread more than normal if sex protection could now be legally enforced?

Why is strong sexual desire not counted as "really liking someone emotionally"? Why does the link between intercourse and liking someone as a person have to be enforced by law?

If people are forced into prostitution, then it isn't prostitution's fault. There are other problems you need to take care of to stop people being forced into prostitution, and if it is illegal people will still get forced into it (albeit in less-safe conditions) if these problems still exist.

Missingno
I think that if she wants to do it, then she's got a right. If she wants to do it, she can figure out how to do it on the sly.

If it's legal, it might reduce the amount of women forced into the job because other women who were previously afraid of the law would do it.

It doesn't demean women. It could be seen as demeaning to say that a woman can't decide for herself whether or not she wants to prostitute herself.

However, it would be hard to keep track to make sure no one's being forced into it.

But then, brothels could be tagged and kept track of and all that, so I think that it should be legal, but only in places that are approved and regulated by the law.

ChedWick

More sex = More STI's. Simple as that.

You may want to think about amending that simple statement. That is unless you believe STD's are a bi-product of the quantity of sex someone has rather than the quantity of sex partners. If the former I can assume you that no matter how many times my g/f and I have sex, aids or herpes are going to be a non-issue. Though given the nature of the discussion I think I would be a fool think you believe that.

Last edited:

Charizardfan900

Charizard King!
Still, my main reason is that many prostitutes are forced into it.

And the reason I find paying someone to have sex is wrong because I see sex as something that two people do is they have a sexual desire to each other, not one is paying the other.

ChedWick

Still, my main reason is that many prostitutes are forced into it.

And the reason I find paying someone to have sex is wrong because I see sex as something that two people do is they have a sexual desire to each other, not one is paying the other.

People are forced into it because it is a black market. Legalize and regulate it and I'm sure you'll see a decline.

That's your view and in no way should be forced upon others.

Charizardfan900

Charizard King!
People are forced into it because it is a black market. Legalize and regulate it and I'm sure you'll see a decline.

That's your view and in no way should be forced upon others.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but are you suggesting I'm forcing this on everyone?

Pomegranate

Fruit of Prosperity
Correct me if I'm wrong, but are you suggesting I'm forcing this on everyone?

Bringing an opinion such as "prostitution is wrong", when obviously it's not that black and white, into a debate about whether or not it should be legal, is just bad style. That implies that you believe it should be illegal because you think it's wrong, which then means you're trying to force your opinion on prostitution on everyone by forcing them to abide by the rules that were set based on your opinion.

That's what he's saying.

Charizardfan900

Charizard King!
Bringing an opinion such as "prostitution is wrong", when obviously it's not that black and white, into a debate about whether or not it should be legal, is just bad style. That implies that you believe it should be illegal because you think it's wrong, which then means you're trying to force your opinion on prostitution on everyone by forcing them to abide by the rules that were set based on your opinion.

That's what he's saying.

Ok I admit I had bad style in getting my point a cross, but I wasn't trying to force it on anyone. I was expressing my opinion.

funrush

Elite Beat Agent
You may want to think about amending that simple statement. That is unless you believe STD's are a bi-product of the quantity of sex someone has rather than the quantity of sex partners. If the former I can assume you that no matter how many times my g/f and I have sex, aids or herpes are going to be a non-issue. Though given the nature of the discussion I think I would be a fool think you believe that.

Well, of course I was talking about the latter.