• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Protagonists Face-Off; Winner: Edward Elric

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Well I was thinking a lot about creating this Face-Off cuz I thought that a protagonist one was really needed with @shoz999 's Antagonists Face-Off being around, so I finally decided it. Plus I do have a lot of free time during these days....so yeah why not. You can call this thread a continuation of the Animated Protagonists Face-Off I owned beforehand (https://forums.serebii.net/threads/animated-protagonists-face-off-champion-shaggy.666918/) but the difference between that thread with this one is that this thread isn't only restricted to animated protagonists, you can nominate characters from any piece of fictional media including anime, manga, western cartoons, game, etc. Just only exclude live action shows & live action films & it'd be fine.

Rules/How it works:

1) All SPPF General, Games and Face-Off rules apply.

2) The candidates (a.k.a. protagonists) in this Face-Off would be determined by nominations from members.

3) Each user can individually can nominate upto 8 protagonists.

4) Characters from Anime, Manga, Western Cartoons, Game, who classify as protagonists are all allowed for nominations, but characters who are from live-action shows & live-action films aren't allowed. Just nominate any protagonist from any fictional piece of media who aren't from live-action shows/films.

5) Nominated protagonists will compete against each other in matchups in this Face-Offs, and matchups will be decided via RNG.

6) The first round of the Face-Off shall begin after enough characters have been nominated.

7) Formats of the first round (and the subsequent rounds) of this face-off will be decided in due time.

8) Have fun.

---------------------------------

Here are my nominations:

Edward Elric (FullMetal Alchemist: Brotherood)

Gon Freecss [Hunter x Hunter (2011)]

Simon (Gurren Lagann)

Shirou Emiya (Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works)

Tanjiro Kamado (Demon Slayer: Kimetsu No Yaiba)

Ryuko Matoi (Kill La Kill)

Naruto Uzumaki (Naruto)

Aang (Avatar: The Last Airbender)

Last edited:

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
Kirby (Kirby series)

Rex (Xenoblade Chronicles 2)

Kagome (Inuyasha)

Merida (Brave)

Pit (Kid Icarus)

Woody (Toy Story series)

Pearl (Pokemon Adventures (Diamond/Pearl series))

Sakura Kinomoto (Cardcaptor Sakura)

TheCharredDragon

Tis the Hour to Reload
Welp, I know who I'm nominating.

Joker/Ren Amamiya (Persona 5): "All right, let's do this... Who am I? To most, I am just Ren Amamiya, the curly haired boy with glasses and a criminal record. To my enemies, I am Joker, the leader of the Phantom Thieves. It doesn't matter who you are, if you have commited a crime, I will steal your heart and make you seek repentence. And when I'm done, I'll sip my coffee made by my own hands and enjoy the company of my friends and loved ones...with style of course."

Yu Narukami (Persona 4) "Who am I? Ah. I'm...nobody really special but since you asked, I'm Yu Narukami. I'm a second year attending Yasogami High in Inaba. I'm the leader of the Investigation Team and...well that's it really. I'm only the best at what I do so that my friends can be the best at who they are. My friends are why I'm strong, and without them, I'm just your average high school student. I hope that's enough for you."

FeMC/Kotone Shiomi (Persona 3 Portable): "Hello there! Who am I? My name's Kotone Shiomi. Nice to meet you! I'm second-year transfer student at Gekkoukan High. I'm the field leader of SEES, which means I lead everyone in battle but Mitsuru-senpai is the official leader. I like music and sweets and hanging out with my friends! I hope we can be friends too."

Makoto Yuki (Persona 3): "Hmm? Who am I? Yuki. Makoto Yuki. Second-year high school student attending Gekkoukan High. I'm the field leader of SEES. ... You want to know more? ... Well, I like music. And I like my friends...especially my friends. They're everything to me. They're why I started to live again. ... And that's about it. You have another thing coming for you if you expected more."

Boy with Earring/Naoya Todou (Shin Megami Tensei: Persona): "Who am I...? I'm Naoya Todou of St. Hermelin Academy. I'm a second year student and I had the luck to be a part of some extraordinary events with my classmates who became my friends. Huh? Me? Oh. Ha ha. Sorry, there's not much to me really. I just do my best to lead and find the answer to my question. So you're gonna have to decide who I am in your eyes."

I'll do write ups later (and maybe add more too).

Last edited:

LucarioIsMegaEvolving

A single misplaced step
Madeline (Celeste)

Light Yagami (Death Note)

Izuku Midoriya (My Hero Academia)

Yellow (Pokémon Adventures Manga)

Partner (Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon)

I'll edit this post later to add more, but are deuteragonists allowed?

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Madeline (Celeste)

Light Yagami (Death Note)

Izuku Midoriya (My Hero Academia)

Yellow (Pokémon Adventures Manga)

Partner (Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon)

I'll edit this post later to add more, but are deuteragonists allowed?

Nice nominating Deku my boy! :) Well I'd say keeping it to protagonists would be better since it'd align more with the topic of this Face-Off, so you may wanna replace Yellow (who is a deuteragonist).

Last edited:

xEryChan

Demon Child
Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)
Kiritsugu Emiya (Fate/Zero)
Yona (Yona of the Dawn)
Eren Yeager (Attack on Titan)
Lelouch vi Britannia (Code Geass)
Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy VII)
Ezio Auditore (Assassin's Creed II)
Nathan Drake (Uncharted series)

Could not leave Luffy out. I freaking love him.

LucarioIsMegaEvolving

A single misplaced step
Well I'd say keeping it to protagonists would be better since it'd align more with the topic of this Face-Off, so you may wanna replace Yellow (who is a deuteragonist).
I was mostly thinking in terms of the Yellow arc, of which I'd consider her the protagonist.

xEryChan

Demon Child
As someone who has read the manga, I can see why Yellow would be considered a protagonist because of the Yellow chapter but still, she’s not the protagonist of the manga overall so I don’t think she should be a contender in this face off but that call is up to @345ash-greninja

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
As someone who has read the manga, I can see why Yellow would be considered a protagonist because of the Yellow chapter but still, she’s not the protagonist of the manga overall so I don’t think she should be a contender in this face off but that call is up to @345ash-greninja

Well I haven't really read much of the Pokespe Manga myself so don't much, but is there any specific protagonist of the overall manga? Doesn't the protagonist change with every later Gen/Region?

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Shinji (Neon Genesis Evangelion)
Goku (Dragonball)
Rintaro Okabe (Steins Gate)
Eddy (Ed Edd N Eddy)
Batman (Batman The Animated Series 90s version)
Caulifla (Dragonball Super)
Bugs Bunny (Looney Tunes)
Dawn (Pokemon)

Caulifla & Dawn aren't protagonists though, they are deuteragonists at best.

LucarioIsMegaEvolving

A single misplaced step
I mean, Pearl from the manga was also mentioned above, but I don't really mind, so I can change Yellow to Red if you'd like.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Steven Universe (Steven Universe/Future)
Thirfinn (Vinland Saga)
Ben Tennyson (Ben 10/Alien Force/Ultimate Alien/Omniverse)
Kenzo Tenma (Monster)
Jotaro Kujo (Jojo's Bizarre Adventure)
Giorno Giovanna (Jojo's Bizarre Adventure)
Finn Mertens (Adventure Time)
Anakin Skywalker (Star Wars: The Clone Wars)

Last edited:

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Steven Universe (Steven Universe/Future)
Thirfinn (Vinland Saga)
Ben Tennyson (Ben 10/Alien Force/Ultimate Alien/Omniverse)
Wes Collins (Power Rangers Time Force)
Kenzo Tenma (Monster)

Hmm, isn't Power Ranger Time Force a live action show? I excluded live-action shows & movies from this Face-Off, but kept it open to all other pieces of media, so you can nominate anything other than live-action characters (say from anime, western cartoons, manga, game)

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Tbf the title isn't exactly specific. If it was something like Non-Live Action Protagonists (weird as that sounds) things would be clear!

TBH I didn't put it in the title only because it sounds super weird, but still I stated it twice in my first post, so hope it make things clear enough. :)

TheCharredDragon

Tis the Hour to Reload
This is why you read the rules!

Ben 10 made that lesson perfectly clear.