• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Protect the Farm! The Blue Flame Strikes Back!! (1013)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
1013.jpg

Protect the Farm! The Blue Flame Strikes Back!!

A strange man has appeared at Kiawe's family's farm stating he wants to buy it so he can build a new resort on the island. When they decline, the man starts harassing the family to try and take the farm against their will. Kiawe is angered and challenges the man to a battl but when he loses after Marowak fails with its Z-Move, things get rough. Will Kiawe be able to protect the farm?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
I was hoping the text for Inferno Overdrive would change to match the color of Marowak's flames. I'm a bit disappointed it didn't, but oh well.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
This episode wasn't too interesting for me but otherwise at least I'm glad that the businessman was arrested by Officer Jenny at the end. It was interesting her partner was a Granbull though. It was also relieving to see Marowak use Inferno Overdrive with blue flames and Kiawe practising with his Pokémon to master Inferno Overdrive after losing for the first time because Marowak was unable to use Inferno Overdrive.

p96822

Evolve me please
This episode wasn't too interesting for me but otherwise at least I'm glad that the businessman was arrested by Officer Jenny at the end. It was interesting her partner was a Granbull though. It was also relieving to see Marowak use Inferno Overdrive with blue flames and Kiawe practising with his Pokémon to master Inferno Overdrive after losing for the first time because Marowak was unable to use Inferno Overdrive.

Well the reason why he didn't use Inferno Overdrive is because Marowak was way too impatient to wait to Kaiwe to finish the pose

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Well the reason why he didn't use Inferno Overdrive is because Marowak was way too impatient to wait to Kaiwe to finish the pose
Right. Then Kiawe kinda got salty over his loss as well. Kinda makes sense why Marowak wanted to do the Z-Move as soon as possible because of his hatred towards the businessman as well as Kiawe but that way I don't quite get why Kiawe was too slow that time. But it would make more sense why Marowak wasn't able to use the Z-Move because they weren't in sync.

lolipiece

Staff member
This episode wasn't too interesting for me but otherwise at least I'm glad that the businessman was arrested by Officer Jenny at the end. It was interesting her partner was a Granbull though.

Granbull is actually the Alola police mascot in the games, so it's a nice reference to that.

...Though if I remember correctly, that was specifically for the police office in Hau'oli City? So shouldn't it be the regular Melemele Jenny that has it?

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
This episode was surprisingly poor for a Kiawe episode. Pacing felt off, with the initial conflict ending really soon, and then the next 8-10 mins were really boring, before the concluding battle. Speaking of battles, I found both pretty underwhelming. Also, how did Turtonator get knocked out with one Thunder?

Episode gets a 3.5/10. The focus was always on Marowak mastering Inferno Overdrive, which it did, but other than that, the episode was quite mediocre.

Last edited:

p96822

Evolve me please
After watching this episode, I felt nothing for the story or character. If this episode came earlier when Kaiwe had Marowak for a few episode this would been so much better. Also if this was an episode during the Akala Island arc then there would have been more of a reason of Ash and gang to be there beside helping Kaiwe. You can take most of the character out of the story and nothing would have change. Really I think they should have given Marowak more of a focus on as a character to make him develop more.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Granbull is actually the Alola police mascot in the games, so it's a nice reference to that.

...Though if I remember correctly, that was specifically for the police office in Hau'oli City? So shouldn't it be the regular Melemele Jenny that has it?
Yeah, it was a neat reference even though I didn't notice in the first place.

I believe this Jenny has an older sister who I believe is the Officer Jenny with the Gumshoos. I don't recall anything about Hau'oli-based Officer Jennys being assigned with a Granbull.

Last edited:

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
It wasn't necessary for the classmates to go to Akala, Ash sure he's the main ****ing character. That automatically gives him the right to appear, but the others added absolutely nothing to the plot by going there!

I absolutely hate how they forced them there, when I saw we were getting a Kiawe episode at his home I was excited as I thought only Kiawe(and Ash) would appear.... but no, just like every other Alola episode the damn classmates need to tag along and show off their 'cuties'. -.-

For a Kiawe episode, it was pretty mediocre. Nowhere as good as the other ones, but at least he and Marowak finally got another battle.
What pisses me off the most though is that Kiawe, Mallow, and Lana get episodes in a batch once more.... and Lana's likely the one to get the most out of it once more.... entirely unfair!

Last edited by a moderator:

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
It wasn't necessary for the classmates to go to Akala, Ash sure he's the main ****ing character. That automatically gives him the right to appear, but the others added absolutely nothing to the plot by going there!
You act like this is something new to the anime.

SM defenders will defend of course.... like always.

Anything people criticize isn't immune to being defended no matter what.

p96822

Evolve me please

I absolutely hate how they forced them there, when I saw we were getting a Kiawe episode at his home I was excited as I thought only Kiawe(and Ash) would appear.... but no, just like every other Alola episode the damn classmates need to tag along and show off their 'cuties'. -.-

For a Kiawe episode, it was pretty mediocre. Nowhere as good as the other ones, but at least he and Marowak finally got another battle.
What pisses me off the most though is that Kiawe, Mallow, and Lana get episodes in a batch once more.... and Lana's likely the one to get the most out of it once more.... entirely unfair!

I agree with you on the classmate being completely pointless to the story of this episode. It feels like they are just there to be there instead of doing anything for the plot. I know they they are trying to help Kaiwe and all, but there should be a better reason for them to be their. Like I said before if this episode took place a few episode during the Akala island arc this would have been so much better

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Hmm, the conflict with the businessman over the ownership of the farm seemed to be the main focus of the episode, which is fine, but I feel it could have been done better. While the first battle (Marowak's loss) was done decently well, the rematch was quite underwhelming, especially for a battle where Marowak is supposed to get its revenge. Marowak's win seemed pretty cheap, and battle was less in intensity......it definitely should have been a more drawn out battle. Officer Jenny coming and arresting the businessman in the end was nice, it was good to see that SM at least was serious in this aspect.

Overall, the episode was sort underwhelming, I definitely expected this episode to be better than this. 5/10.

Last edited:

DatsRight

I'm gonna have to wait until the sub upload to give full judgement, part due to dialogue and part because the initial stream was appalling quality and bumped and froze every two seconds.

I liked some training and development with Marowak, with it's temper and impudence coming into play once again. It's friendly rivalry with Turtonator also got some limelight. I liked the two helping Marowak with Inferno Overdrive.

Turtonator getting 'worfed' at least had excuse as well since it rushed over to take a bullet for Hoshi, which was a cute touch.

I also like the recurring use of the Officer Jennys/Nurse Joys this series. Given they'd slowly devolved into flat assistance previous series, it's nice they're back to their OS level of quirkiness.

In fairness the classmates didn't really butt into the limelight in this instance, not even Ash that much. I admit though I was expected the scenes of Sophocles on his computer being him studying the businessman's shady deals and that would end up a brick joke that he called in Officer Jenny, but it seems the father did everything.

Last time Lana got a Z Ring (which Kiawe already had) while Kiawe got a new capture plus new move and complete boost in battle style for Turtonator. I'd say Kiawe got the most out of it last time round.

Last edited:

lolipiece

Staff member
After watching this episode, I felt nothing for the story or character. If this episode came earlier when Kaiwe had Marowak for a few episode this would been so much better. Also if this was an episode during the Akala Island arc then there would have been more of a reason of Ash and gang to be there beside helping Kaiwe. You can take most of the character out of the story and nothing would have change. Really I think they should have given Marowak more of a focus on as a character to make him develop more.

What? Why? He's their friend and it's his home. What more of a reason do they need to help their buddy keep his house and his parents' livelihood?

And Ash went there once, before the Akala arc, so it's not like they're locked out of the island once that's over.

Darthlord7

The Smug Pikachu
I would say the episode was just ok. The whole conflict while being interesting it felt like it was resolved way too fast imo. Both battles were ok but at the same time nothing notable either. Seeing Jenny arresting Bourgain at the end felt satisfying though.

Daniel31

HopingGaryReturns
I'm gonna have to wait until the sub upload to give full judgement, part due to dialogue and part because the initial stream was appalling quality and bumped and froze every two seconds.
Same here, for the most part.

As for the episode, it seemed pretty average, but it was positive for Kiawe and his Marowak. Their bond became stronger and they were able to use the z-move at the end. It's some development at least.

FrozTKnight

Will ORA ORA ORA you
So Marowak ability, is it safe to assume it's cursed body...

Probably could be rock head but the anime never went into hidden abilities.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
I would say the episode was just ok. The whole conflict while being interesting it felt like it was resolved way too fast imo. Both battles were ok but at the same time nothing notable either. Seeing Jenny arresting Bourgain at the end felt satisfying though.

The second battle was actually far from being ok, especially when it wasn't drawn out enough, which a rematch like that should've been especially where Marowak is supposed to get its revenge for its previous loss. This is despite the fact that at the time of the start of the second battle, there was more than enough screen time left in that episode to make the battle more drawn out and giving it more screen time. And lastly, Rain Dance was basically a pointless move in that battle as it literally served no purpose.

Last edited:

DatsRight

There were some elements of the later battle I liked such as Electrivire's static paralysing individual parts of Marowak and him having to shake it off, along with him anticipating Electrivire's block and then kicking it in the shin.

The match was a bit too short, but it wasn't void of substance like say the Team Rocket/Team Skull curb stomp battles, Kiawe and Marowak were forced to put up a decent counter method.