• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Protect the Farm! The Blue Flame Strikes Back!! (1013)

DatsRight

Okay, so at the end when Bourgain was literally calling in the excavators to tear down the farm, I was just like "...Yeah that's flat-out illegal, this guy needs to get arrested"... and then right on cue, he was. I liked that.
Apart from that, a so-so episode, though... anime staff. Will you please stop giving the "Wait, all the nurses/officers are sisters and look exactly the same?!" reaction to Satoshi specifically? There's literally nobody else in the main cast from whom that reaction makes less sense. Have Mao, Suiren or Māmane be the ones to comment on it instead, sheesh.

Technically it makes even less sense since they're FROM Alola and have likely travelled around it enough times to know the same Officer Jenny/Nurse Joy shtick still stands around there.

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
Technically it makes even less sense since they're FROM Alola and have likely travelled around it enough times to know the same Officer Jenny/Nurse Joy shtick still stands around there.
I find it hilarious because he does remember Misty and Brock in Kanto not too long ago, that same region where there's also alot of similar Officer Jennys and Nurse Joys.

It's most likely that the writers gave the impression that Ash represents the new audience who started watching/playing Pokemon from SM and that Misty & Brock were some kind of random gym leaders who Ash met before, while the old fans were like "Wow! Nostalgia!" XD.

xEryChan

Demon Child
This episode was pretty good, I liked it a lot more than last weeks episode. It made me appreciate Kiawe’s Marowak even more. I loved seeing Kiawe perform Inferno Overdrive with a Pokemon who is not Turtonator and I especially loved seeing Kiawe and Marowak bonding after they were defeated by Bourgain.

My suspicions of Bourgain being a typical greedy business man, who will stop at nothing to get what he wants, even if it means harassing others turned out to be true. But I swear I disliked him even more when he had his Electivire attack Hoshi, that was just the lowest of the low. I was glad to see Officer Jenny haul his greedy self to jail at the end. Also, I commend Kiawe’s father for actually calling the cops because now-a-days, most people wouldn’t if they were being harassed by a business man.

DatsRight

Kiawe's father at least gets props for being more savvy than Lusamine's mother, who didn't turn in a criminal harassing her family within her own enterprise and being genuinely surprised he ran rampant again. :p

k6666

Pikachu Fan
What I was trying to say is that we shouldn't have all the main character together in this episode because just add pointless filler just like Team Rocket does for some episode of sun and moon. They are not need that much
What wrong with friends helping each other, with that logic all previous companion should not be appeared at all when episode not focus on them since they add nothing to the episode and only stand on the back ground , I don't see any complaints about that before so why would the sm group got the backlash just because they wanna help kiawe ???

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
I liked the plot for the most part, but the animation (z-move and flame wheel aside) was kinda underwhelming, pretty stiff, especially marowak vs electrivire. It's quite telling when the omake is the best animated part of the episode (though next week's looks pretty good, though I wonder why they decided to put those 2 episodes as a special and not the 2 after that, which are more plot relevant)

Lord Starfish

Fond of owls
So... because they might have visited the other islands at some point, it's better to give the surprised reaction to the guy who canonically has been traveling around the world for over a thousand episodes and has run into literally hundreds of identical nurses and officers? Because I find it significantly easier to buy the idea that the dude whose parents considered a move two houses down the same street to be "moving pretty far" hasn't been to more than one Pokémon Center than the guy we've seen visit hundreds of them.

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
Apart from that, a so-so episode, though... anime staff. Will you please stop giving the "Wait, all the nurses/officers are sisters and look exactly the same?!" reaction to Satoshi specifically? There's literally nobody else in the main cast from whom that reaction makes less sense.
Not to mention, they even made it look like Ash was seeing Electivire for the first time in his life.

Sometimes, the SM anime series makes feel that we are seeing an alternate timeline/dimension story of Ash travel to the Alola (i.e., this Ash isn't the same one we saw until now from Kanto to Kalos).

Last edited:

FlygontheRavager

#1 Pokémon Anime Fan!
Not to mention, they even made it look like Ash was seeing Electivire for the first time in his life.

Sometimes, the SM anime series makes feel that we are seeing an alternate timeline/dimension story of Ash travel to the Alola (i.e., this Ash isn't the same one we saw until now from Kanto to Kalos).

Actually, if you look at the subbed version, Ash was about to say Electivire’s name when Rotom interrupted and did it for him with the dex entry. I think they probably should’ve let Ash say it, just to prove he’s the same person as the others.

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
Actually, if you look at the subbed version, Ash was about to say Electivire’s name when Rotom interrupted and did it for him with the dex entry. I think they probably should’ve let Ash say it, just to prove he’s the same person as the others.

Well from my limited knowledge of the Japanese language, what Ash said at the moment could translate to simple "That is?" (from my understanding) which can both be considered as both possibility, of Ash knowing or not knowing the pokemon.
Its that vagueness in Ash's speech which made me a bit irritated, when they could simply had Ash say the name of the Pokemon, and Rotom still goes on to give info about it.

Leonhart

Imagineer
It was pleasant to get Bourgain and his underlings as villains in place of the Rocket-dan, and I loved seeing Kaki's family again. I was also fond of how Garagara and Bakugames jumped in front of Hoshi to protect her.

Commander L. Halsti

Toxin Squad Cmdr.
That arrest in the end was fun. Also- I'd love to see that alphabet deciphered- the one when they were looking up the crooked tycoon.

Ryu Taylor

Unwavering beliefs. Richter Taylor is my name now.
At last, Marowak gets focus and a Z-Move!

Eh, Alphonse von Scheck did that whole corrupt land developer shtick better (if anyone can guess my reference, then you all had good childhoods in 2002). Viren's still a piece of work, though, and it was great to see him lose.

So Ash's trip to the bathroom is to brush his teeth instead of bodily relief. Where's the freakout from the TPCi haters now, huh? Could they have grown some common sense at last? Seems so, so I'll enjoy it while it lasts.

I'll never like how the game music sounds when it gets ruined by you-know-who, but every now and then, it gets logically used, which is why I won't complain about the dub keeping it in both cases it did. But WOW was that an intense track playing after Kiawe lost to Viren.

The best part of this episode, though? Marc Swint's performance as Kiawe. He was all over the place in this one and did each mood perfectly. Well done!

This was a nice one for sure.

Trey pokes

This Alphonse guy is from Hey Arnold! right? I too agree this was really good for Kiawe and his voice actor and just in general shaping up to be 1 of my favorite episodes for this season currently!

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
Mallow once again looks absolutely stunning with her hair down before bed.

It's funny that this guy needs his friend to hold an umbrella over his head after he used Rain dance.

RotomDex recorded it! I wish that had come into play as proof.

Ash is an idiot for thinking the Akala Island Officer Jenny is the Melemele Island Officer Jenny.

It was interesting her partner was a Granbull though.

I found it reasonable since pitbulls are police dogs irl

Also, how did Turtonator get knocked out with one Thunder?

Exactly. It should have been not very effective.

but the others added absolutely nothing to the plot by going there!

Actually, after the first battle, Kiawe was on the ground distraught about Marowak, Ash went to him to confort and help him and Marowak, and the other four were actually the ones to spring into action, two in the direction of the Miltank to get them and two to Kiawe's parents to inform them. So they were definitely needed.

What pisses me off the most though is that Kiawe, Mallow, and Lana get episodes in a batch once more.... and Lana's likely the one to get the most out of it once more.... entirely unfair!

Actually, it's Sophocles, Kiawe, Lana, and Mallow since there was a Sophocles episode last week, and also the order should have said Kiawe, Lana, Mallow anyway

Like I said before if this episode took place a few episode during the Akala island arc this would have been so much better

Actually, I prefer it when the islands show up outside of their own arcs, because I hate the SM arc concept that already largely limits the time we get to see the other islands, so any additional time outside of their arcs is very welcomed indeed.

I also like the recurring use of the Officer Jennys/Nurse Joys this series.

How are they recurring? This was episode 70 and was only the 2nd Officer Jenny to appear. Multiple Officer Jennys had for sure appeared by this point in every series, honestly probably several.

And lastly, Rain Dance was basically a pointless move in that battle as it literally served no purpose.

Exactly. I'm not sure why he didn't use Thunder after Rain Dance, like Tierno's Raichu, and instead just stood there doing nothing after Rain Dance.

Also, I commend Kiawe’s father for actually calling the cops because now-a-days, most people wouldn’t if they were being harassed by a business man.

Really you think so? Do you mean irl or in the show? I agree in the show I was surprised (in a good way) but irl for sure people would call the cops for the levels of crimes this guy was perpetrating.

Lusamine's mother

Who's she?

What wrong with friends helping each other, with that logic all previous companion should not be appeared at all when episode not focus on them since they add nothing to the episode and only stand on the back ground , I don't see any complaints about that before so why would the sm group got the backlash just because they wanna help kiawe ???

I agree with you fully, as I mentioned even earlier on this post where I quoted @Zoruagible. However, I think where he's coming from that makes it different from other series is that in other series, every main character appeared in every episode. On the other hand, SM has already had many episodes that did not have all of them, thus giving him hope for the first time. That explains why there weren't complaints in previous series as you mention.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
Really you think so? Do you mean irl or in the show? I agree in the show I was surprised (in a good way) but irl for sure people would call the cops for the levels of crimes this guy was perpetrating.

It's quite common irl for people to be intimidated or scared into not notifying authorities, especially when you're dealing with powerful criminal organisations that know where you live.

xEryChan

Demon Child

It is actually for people irl, who are being harassed not to call the authorities. I can’t tell how many stories I have heard on TV where a business is being sued for distress but they never once call the police about it.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I found it reasonable since pitbulls are police dogs irl
That’s pretty interesting. I guess they wanted to emphasise on Jenny being a member of the police herself.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
This episode should have kept its Japanese title in the dub. Blue Flame sounds so much more epic than Young Flame. Young Flame also confused me and made me think it's talking about Kiawe not Marowak because of SM011: Young Kiawe Had a Farm!