• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

proud moments in the 3rd Gen. games?

rukario590720

Dont hate.Appreciate
1.seeing/catching a shiny gulpin
2.made a lot of lv.100s there

that's about it

sockyskarmie

Ok, in Leaf green, i didn't know there wasn't time. I thought I could evolve this one eevee into an espeon or umbreon.
so I go into the elite four for the second time. That's when everything grows like 10 levels higher.
The easy thing would be to just white out and escape... but I was so focused on getting that eevee to like me that i didn't want it to faint.
It took me so long, and wasted so many full restores, but I finally made it through. now, that eevee is a vaporeon, and has become my second favorite pokemon.

*tear tear*

SilverLanayru

It's a mystery.
So far in my my 3rd Gen. Games, I have had many proud moments. One of which would have to be getting a shiny shuppet. Another one of my personal proud moments would be beating the elite four with just a ninjask and a gengar. The point of this thread is to tell the world about all those happy moments and gloat on your 3rd Gen moments.
;206;

Hey! Me getting a shiny Shuppet is also one of my proud moments :D (although sadly I no longer have my dear evolved Banette...I transferred it to my Emerald and yet that game got jacked) Another proud moment of mine was just going through the elite four with only Blaziken, Altaria, and Linoone :] Yeah those were the awesome times...

wayc

Latias Fanatic!!!
My proudest moment was finally encountering Latias. I started the game purely because I was driven to have her. I had Emerald and saved myself a lot of training by catching Rayquaza with an Ultra Ball before I'd even gotten my 8th Gym Badge. My Level 48 Aggron was a big help for this.

Ironically though, the 8th gym was a Water Gym and I managed to beat 4 of his 5 Pokémon with a Level 41 Wailord that I'd caught 10 minutes before I challenged him, that had evolved from a Level 40 Wailmer. XDDD Weird. Anyway, I was able to beat the Elite 4 with the Rayquaza by using lots of potions and revives. My other Pokemon were no match. (They are now.)

I then went to catch Groudon that I managed to do with a Timer Ball in 3 tries (soft resets) and then went down to catch Kyogre. That one took me about 27 tries but I got him with an Ultra Ball. I actually encountered Latias in the middle of trying to catch Kyogre, I was on that route that rains a lot, heading to a Pokemon Mart to buy more Ultra Balls because I was finding I didn't have enough when trying to catch Kyogre.

It was then that I encountered Latias and it was love at first sight. It's kind of funny because I knew she could show up at any time then and I was so involved with something else I wasn't expecting her. I easily caught her with the Master Ball I saved for her and now she's at level 72.

Other proud moments:
- Catching Shiny Koffing on Fiery Path
- Getting this psychic feeling that I was about to encounter a shiny. It was so bizarre. I just knew that my game was like ready to issue one. I had this strange vibe and I felt like I was in an X-Files episode and every Pokemon I encountered made my heart skip a beat. Surely enough, 15 minutes later when I'd forgotten about it and was just playing around in the water near Petalburg City, I encountered a shiny Level 16 Marill. Because I hadn't taken myself TOO seriously, I had failed to go grab any Pokemon that wouldn't faint it on first attack. I had 4 Ultra Balls, 2 Timer Balls, and a Premier Ball. Incredibly lucky for me, I caught it with full HP and no status ailments on my 2nd Ultra Ball. I knew I couldn't soft reset.
- Going to the Safari Zone at least like 15 times in search of a female Pikachu. All the females would run away and I'd just keep catching male ones. I had 4. XD When I finally caught a female Pikachu early in my 15th Safari Zone venture, I just ran around to waste my steps and see what else I could encounter. I ended up encountering another female Pikachu and catching that one too, so I had 6. One of the females had a Light Ball with her. I ended up breeding my two females with two of the males and got two Pichus, a male one from the pair without the light ball, and a female one from the pair with the female with the light ball. She had Volt Tackle, so I ended up training her and leveling her up, evolving her into a Raichu, and making her really powerful. I then decided to give her a bunch of pokeblocks and made her Cool go way up high, but still not maxed out. She positively dominated at the Cool competitions. When I got to Master Class though, I struggled because I was in last place all the time for appearance because I hadn't been able to max out her Cool. On my 5th try, I got REALLY lucky and dominated at the talent portion and was able to pull off a win. She got a Master Class ribbon, and then someone wanted to draw her and put her picture in the museum, and not only could I visit, she got a cool ribbon for that as well. I was really proud of me and her. She has 13 ribbons now from various contests and other things, AND she's a great fighter. It's hard to get both with one Pokemon.
- Catching all the legendaries sans Latias (and Regigas who I haven't gone after) without a Master Ball.
- Beating the Elite Four with all the Pokemon I'd raised myself. (No Lvl 70 legendaries.)
- Blending berries with the Berry Master and filling my Pokeblock container with Gold Pokeblocks.
- When Latias "couldn't possibly love me any more."

Hahaha, wow. That was really long. I bet nobody reads it or I get scolded or something. Oh well. It was really nice to get all that out and share it. :)

Undead_soul

What's the matter?
My proud moments are:

Getting my level 76 Swampert from Ruby up to level 83
Got my Salamance and Flygon up to level 73
My Linoon found a master ball in Ruby
My Linoon is now level 70 which now means i can find master ball much easier
I got all the eevee evolvions in my emerald and are now level 66 each
When i got my 30 streak win in the battle tower
Caught all the regis
Caught all the Johto pokemon that are availble in emerald

Thats all. ^_^

PS. and how i got my Swampert up to level 83? i really don't know. if i think about it all i can remember is a blurry vision.

Last edited:

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
My proudest moment was finding a Latias and without attacking it first, caught it with a single Pokéball...and yes, I mean Pokéball...

Second, was beating the league with a team of everyday pokemon at about lvl 50-55...

*Sceptile lvl 54
*Swellow lvl 52
*Flygon lvl 53
*Zangoose lvl 51
*Ninetales lvl 54
*Gardevoir lvl 53

Last edited:

Undead_soul

What's the matter?
ShinyCharyZard said:
My proudest moment was finding a Latias and without attacking it first, caught it with a single Pokéball...and yes, I mean Pokéball...

WHAT? just a simply pokeball? ur so lucky. i have a Latios which is flying over in my emerald for the last two years and is still out somewhere in Hoenn! it has one HP and it won't get it ANY pokeball i throw at it.

Fussy pokemon. -_-

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
WHAT? just a simply pokeball? ur so lucky. i have a Latios which is flying over in my emerald for the last two years and is still out somewhere in Hoenn! it has one HP and it won't get it ANY pokeball i throw at it.

Fussy pokemon. -_-

Well, the funniest thing was, i went in all prepared...Trapinch with 'Arena Trap' (at the time, i forgot that Arena Trap doesnt work on Latias, lol), lots of pokeballs + ultraballs...Then all it took was one ball and no attacks... I couldnt believe my luck...

Squirtle_Master

Leader of the Dark
iv'e had many proud moments. 1 was getting a shiny Vulpix after 3 hours of searching. ( Shes a fully trained ninetails in Pearl). Another was getting a the PokeruS and getting a Light Ball off Pikachu.

Willow's Tara

The Bewitched
Well I know, catching a Shiny Golbat, the first shiny ever.
Trainijng Blaziken, Ninetales, Flygon, Delibird and others up to lv100 (Besides Blaziken and I think Flygon, the others weren't the E4 team)

trixie08

Speak No Evil
Captured a Kyogre with a Net Ball, and I defeated the Hoenn elite four in one try

Last edited:

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
My proudest was getting my first Blaziken. I thought it was so cool (I still do) and I was really happy when I finally got one, I still use one on all of my teams. Another one would be beating the E4 with just that Blaziken, that was great. And the only other one that really sticks out was catching my first shiny in a GBA game, a Sunkern in the Safari Zone, making it all the more great.

Dragon_Reborn

Today I had a proud moment on my Ruby Version.I came across a shiny Electrike and managed to catch it(first one I've seen/caught).Found it on Route 110 with a Mild nature(decent for a Sp.Sweeper) and Lightning Rod ability(Static would of been better).It looks so cute IMO.

latios reborn

Lucky.
Mind you I did the same can't remember what ball it was but I thought oh what the hell and it worked. (maybe a quick ball if in Hoenn??)
Anyway Training all my pokemon up to lv 100 without using the clone cheat. Especially Latias and Blaziken. (2 pokemon I always use) Along with Raichu.

WynautQueen

Pokemon Caretaker
Catching my first Groudon in a Nest Ball.
Catching my most recent Groudon at the last shot before it struggled itself into fainting.
Leveling my Wynaut up to level 45 without evolving it (I still have him).
Evolving my first Salamence (I still have her, she's level 100 and one of my dearest favorites).
Recently beating Sabrina in Fire Red with my Poison team on their first try.
Wynaut winning the Master rank in cute contests.

Tyranitarphantom

seems so familiar...

I did that too, and so did my friend (cept he used a Luxury Ball) o_O

Maybe....beating Greta and Lucy in the Frontier without even expecting them to be there

Undead_soul

What's the matter?
I just got another proud moment.

nearly finsih the Hoeen pokedex. i only need Latias.

And only needing three more Hoeen pokemon,

Latias, Lunatone, Marstomp

Hopefully my friend's friend will give me her sappire to borrow and to get Latias and Lunatone.

When that is done i get to choose one of the Johto starters! yay!