• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Proudest or biggest personal achievement in the Pokemon games.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
I'm sure everyone has certain goals or achievements they have done in the present or past Pokemon games. It could be having a living shiny dex, living legend/event dex or some lofty goal by accumulating various items in the game ETC. Is anyone here in the process of gong through such a achievement or has already reached it?

My biggest personal achievement was completing a complete foreign Pokemon dex back in Pokemon X. It took several months but i managed to fill out all the normally evolving Pokemon in my savefile. I was trying to fill out all the foreign legendary Pokemon but only got around to 10-20% of the foreign legendary Pokemon. I didnt start off with that goal right away but i ended up doing it to pass the time until gen7 came out. I also did breed out full sets (2-3 spares each) in Pokemon OR in both Italian and Korean languages to help me get a good start whenever i do a similar task in future games.

Last edited:

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
I would say maxing out my Plaza rank, but I'm only at 969. Got 30 more rank ups to go. In the meantime, I guess my proudest achievement is that my first ever battle team is half-shinies. Not only that but 100% legit too. No hacks. No clones. No nothing. In the house hatch-and-raise breeding. Only exception to the in-house thing is that I always have a foreign Pokemon in the pair to do the MM method.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
i would love to max out my plaza level too but im going at a pace that is rather leisurely. if i can get to lvl 450 i'll be happy enough to get that far but i'll get closer to 999 if its possible.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I once beat Crystal in less than 24 game time before and that time includes climbing Mt. Silver to challenge Red and defeat him.

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Actually completing the entire national dex in Y, 720/720, and getting the shiny charm. Something I hadn't been able to do in any of the other games I'd played before.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Getting all 1.5 million points in the Poke Finder

ForYou2DaMoon

Failed Musician
Probably not as great as I once thought it was, but I once beat the elite 4 on a nuzlocke with an Oddish after all my other Pokémon had died.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
- Kicking Whitney's ***.
- Kicking Cynthia's ***.
- Defeating the Elite Four and Champion with only one pokemon (it was Arceus, but it was still pretty sweet).

Hmm, I'll list a few that felt good for me.

- Beating my first champion. I won against Steven with only an underlevelled Uxie that had Future Sight, Extrasensory, something else (it was a psychic move but my mind has gone blank) and Yawn, plus a Rocky Helmet, that won on just 48hp and no potions. It was a legendary, but still...

- Completing my first Nuzlocke. I tried out an X Wonderlocke, and I'd actually say that it was really good from the moment I had both a Bred Garchomp and a Bred Mawile on my team. I only got three deaths (RIP Plusle, Mightyena and Aurorus), so that was really great. I also asked a friend if they could trade me a Mawilite from their ORAS copy so I guess the game was won from there. Also the fact that without grinding at all my Mawile still ended up at level 82 by the time I reached Diantha. So this wasn't really a massive achievement I guess? Oh idk.

- Not losing a single battle in Moon. It was a super-challenging game, but I still pulled through at every battle somehow. I'd say that the best incident was when I battled Olivia and beat her level 27 Midnight Lycanroc with my level 22 Carbink by using three Sharpens and some Smack Downs. Also when I beat the champion with my last move being from my Carbink. Yes, a lot of these involve my Carbink, but since it was essentially my team's practical joke it made those times glorious.

- My first shiny. This was very recent, but I got my first shiny in the form of Togedemaru through SOS a couple of weeks ago. It appeared in only 35 ~ 36 encounters, but still took me three hours because the Togedemarus just wouldn't call for help at all. So when the little pink cutie showed up I had to stop myself from yelling.

- Making theories. This isn't an achievement within the games, but I've thought up several theories about Pokemon that have made me really proud of myself because they're actually pretty decent!

- Beating Maylene in Platinum. My Houndoom was the only thing that could take down her Lucario. It uses Force Palm, Houndoom lives on 4hp and lands a Fire Blast. That was a good day for me.

- Beating Cyrus in Platinum. I won against him with a team that had levels from 37 to 41. Idk how I did it, but it felt good.

Yeah that's all I can think of for now.

Last edited:

Missingno.Fan

On Moon I caught Necrozma in a Beast Ball and on my first Pearl play through I beat Byron only because his Bastidon knocked itself out from Struggle.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
On Moon I caught Necrozma in a Beast Ball and on my first Pearl play through I beat Byron only because his Bastidon knocked itself out from Struggle.

The latter must've been a rather boring battle to wait until Bastiodon uses Struggle

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
For me, that would be an odd list. Such as soloing generation V's Pokémon league with the following (by solo, I mean I beat the entire league with only one Pokémon):
Gliscor
Skarmory
Haxorus
Durant
I thought I would have remembered more of the Pokémon I did this with when I stared typing this, but I am blanking on most of them at the moment. I did it nearly 100 times with over a dozen different Pokémon during BW / BW2.

Of course, having a living Pokedex (including all events) starting in generation VI. Currently working on a second to keep in generation VI games for replayable shiny charm obtaining / shiny hunting.
Also, having at least one of all possible shiny legendary Pokémon (at least two of nearly all of them). I enjoy collecting them, and if any generation VII legendaries are not shiny locked in USUM, then I shall get them as well.
Hatching many 5 IV shinies starting in generation VI. I enjoy breeding useful shinies of my own.
Here are a few others: Total SR's for a shiny legend record--3 SR's (4 encounters). Total eggs hatched for a shiny MM hunt record: 2 eggs.

I may edit this because I find this thread interesting. I appreciate everyone else's accomplishments, and I am glad that others like going for them as well.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
The latter must've been a rather boring battle to wait until Bastiodon uses Struggle

its an interesting struggle to do such a feat. i got the elite 4 toucannon to struggle to death when i was leveling up the Suicune i got from GTS and another pkmn i was trying to lvl up. yeah sure it was boring burning up hyper potions but i pressured it to death and put in the pkmn that i initially tried to KO toucannon with to receive the last struggle. its a good feeling to do that even though the game doesnt care about it.

Kalosian

So long
On top of my head:

- Getting 242 Medals in B2/W2
- Completing the Regional and National Dex in every game (except S/M for National), and the National Dex on Bank (missing Marshadow of course, but I'll get it once it is out)
- Learning and mastering Entralink RNG in B/W, one of my most hardcore Pokemon moments ever. Sadly, I only got to RNG 4 Pokemon using it, but those turned out amazing
- Somewhat similar, learning and mastering regular RNG in Generations 4 & 5, getting all those perfect Pokemon was a dream coming true
- Beating the Battle Facilities in most games, the only exeptions are the Crystal Battle Tower, the Factory in Emerald/Platinum, and the Tree in S/M (which I'm currently working on)

There's probably more but those are what I could think about right now.

mystic9899

Pokemon fan
-Completing the National Pokedex in OR/AS
-Getting 1.5 million thumbs-up on the PokeFinder in S/M
-Beating Red in HG/SS
-Beating my cousin (who introduced me to Pokemon) in a battle in D/P.

- Completing the Living Dex in ORAS, complete with every single gender/form difference. All the Pokemon are legit with my name on them, and the mythicals are all mine with the lone exception of Diancie. I got started in Pokemon right after the Diancie event ended, so I had to settle for a traded one that may or may not be legit. It looks legit, everything matches the event dex, but that's not 100% guarantee.
- Breeding my first shiny team. I've done it four times now. I always start with all three starters from one gen and then fill out the team with whatever Pokemon I don't have shiny yet. Just have the Gen 4, 5 and 6 starters to go.
- Reaching 100, 200 and then 300 shinies. All legit, all with my name on them. Lots of hours of horde battles, dex nav chains, sos battles and breeding. Sure I have the shiny charm but it still takes a while. This is not something I would have even bothered with if I'd been playing in the earlier games where there was no shiny charm and the chance of encountering a shiny was one in 8000.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
Collecting all gold symbols in the Emerald Battle Frontier for me. I still have that save file on my Emerald cardridge with something like 750 hours logged.