• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Proving a friend wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.

kEblAdEmAstA

Keyblade Weilder
So, my buddy, is getting a friend to breed pokemon for him, as he is apparently a "Breeding Master", and to prove his point, he went on about breeding a magikarp to have Fly. I called BS on him, and he is trying to tell me its truth. I explained to my friend how to hack, and about the Pokesav, but he refuses to look at the rational explanation, now saying it may have been an "Event", and how he had Met the supposed "Fly" Magikarp at level 20. Can anyone confirm this? As much as I think I am in the right, I think having more experienced peoples in this matter may strengthen my points, or show me that I am in fact wrong.

Arceusdude222

Reshiram, anyone?
Hacked, most obviously, there is NO Event to my knowledge with even a regular Magikarp, let alone one with Fly.

You're friend is obviously gullible to the point he'll believe anything, no offense. but I'd let him run with it, from what you've said, even this won't prove it. best to let it slide.

kEblAdEmAstA

Keyblade Weilder
Also, just a real question from me here: Are you able to teach nearly any move to any pokemon through the use of breeding? As that is the main arguement he is building on. Now, I know about egg moves, and such, but am not to into this whole "Breeding" thing myself, other than getting the right natures, and stuff. Can anyone elaborate? Can you really, teach "Any move" to any pokemon with the right breeding chain?

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
No, you can't teach any move to a Pokemon through breeding.
Each Pokemon has a set list of egg moves, which you can see on the main site's Pokedex. Only moves on this list are capable to be learned by the offspring.

Fly is not on Magikarp's list of egg moves, therefore it can't learn the move through breeding.
In fact, there has been ZERO non-hacked Magikarp, including event ones, that has Fly.
The only Flying-type move that Magikarp can obtain without hacking is Bounce, and even then, it is obtained NOT through breeding.

Serebii!

A Pokemons egg move are the move it can learn from being bred with the father knowing that move

They cant learn anything by breeding only what is listed as an egg move in Serebii.net or something similar

Mewtwo_soul

Servant of Mewtwo #1
No. Every Pokemon has a limited move pool (Bar Smeargle, and it's possible Mew could still Transform--->Sketch glitch still----> Not too sure on that though) however, Pokemon Egg Moves are limited to what is listed under the information of them...

So Flying Pikachu from the event can not pass Fly onto offspring.

Magikarp is obviously hacked, the evidence presents itself.

AmusedMilk

Oh, hey, Big Zam!
There has never been such Magikarp. He lied.

magikot

Moves that can be bred onto a pokemon are it's specific egg moves, moves that it can learn from TM/HM, and moves it can learn from leveling up.

Fly isn't on Magikarp's list for any of these and there have been no even magikarps that have this move so it's obviously hacked.

Spade616

yep like everyone else said, your friend is wrong. fly is not among magikarps egg moves and there has never been an event magikarp with fly. please let him read this thread lol

As everyone already said, obvious hacked Magikarp is obvious.

Nebbio

NINJA!
Although it would be cool there is no legit explaination to a Magikarp with Fly. It is obviously hacked.

Jenza1202

Have experiemented - made used the 'teach any move' cheat on my AR and taught a male Magikarp Fly. Have bred it with female Magikarp.

Hatched ten eggs (good thing they hatch fast) and non of the Magikarps knew Fly.

So it's a hacked Magikarp

Corinton

Riddler
Are you sure it was Fly? Because I know for a fact that if you walk enough to get a certain Magikarp in the Poke-Walker you can get one that knows Bounce.

And Bounce is a two-turn move that looks just like Fly.

SkittyOnWailord

☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣
So after this question being answered 11 times, I think this thread's use is over.

*Closes*

Status
Not open for further replies.