• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pruning a Passel of Pals!! (546)

Gaiash

Champion Scientist
Part of me is happy to see you're finally starting to change but I know deep down you are annoyed at this.
Not really, just shocked. Sure I'll miss that adorable thing but I'm not annoyed. It bothers me that every time anything evolves my name is brought up.

All throughout Hoenn, whenever somebody brought it up you'd get so annoyed at them.
Thats because when she first caught Bulbasaur it was young and was a later addition to May's team and if any of her Pokemon were going to evolve at this point it would be Torchic which did evolve.

Then, when she left Bulbasaur at Oaks you acted like this was the icing on the cake indicating neither Bulbasaur will never evolve.
Actually I recall being more pleased that the two Bulbasaurs would get to be together since they get along so well.

Here we are, only 70 episodes and the thing evolved twice! Thats called super-fast evolution which you are stricly against.
Not quite. You see its been a Bulbasaur and won a few times including in the Houen Grand Festival beforehand. Plus looking at May's progress in Johto she has three ribbons then look at Ash's progress he has beaten three Gym Leaders. The vtime she would have spent watching or helping Ash train for his journey is most likely being spent training her Pokemon. May is traveling alone remember, which means her Pokemon get all the training attention.

And knock off this delusional thought on Snorunt not winning a battle yet still evolving. Remember, anime /=/ games. Pokemon don't need to battle to evolve. We've seen so many filler Pokemon evolve to save its friends and trainers. Plus, during the time it was a Snorunt, it did heavy duty training. It is for that reason Snorunt evolved. Why don't you understand that?
Because I feel it didn't get enough time to shine as Snorunt, it spent all its screen time attempting Ice Beam.

jolteonjak

*swoons for Noland*
Thanks for the link to the episode pics. Hopefully my source for the actual episode will be around tomorrow. Man, the more I see Dawn using Buneary, the more I'm really liking it. I'm really glad they didn't gloss over her battle like they did with Zoey's and May's.

And the return of Super-Skitty? Holy cow this was action packed! I missed that hyperactive little feline. Too bad we couldn't see it Doubleslap something. hehe

So it's Piplup vs Crawdaunt. Crawdaunt seems to be using Mud Shot at the end...not a Dark attack.

My gosh, people. >>

It's not about numbers and all that. So it's not " Wow! Only 70 episodes! "... It's about training. Isn't this obvious?

Gaiash

Champion Scientist
My gosh, people. >>

It's not about numbers and all that. So it's not " Wow! Only 70 episodes! "... It's about training. Isn't this obvious?
Exactly, she clearly used the time she'd normaly spend watching Ash in his Gym Battles to train her Pokemon.

firewater

It was surprising that Ash lost by points, I figured that he and Buizel would have just been knocked out. But I'm suspecting that Dawn will be using Ambipom in the final though. If you look at the end of the episode, this appears that Piplup won't be fighting in the final, if in fact Dawn wins- which she proably will. But Ash kind of did it to himself, as he could have used Pikachu, or Turtwig or somebody else, as it showed, since all the rest of the main characters had used different pokemon in each round..... so mabey he got set up on or something, i don't know- but at least he lost this time....

Shinyme

What of May's Venasaur caused Bulbasaur to evo? Ash takes Bulbasaur back from oak to train it. Could be a nice set up. I love the old team way better than his new team.

DarkWobbuffet

BEEEEAAAARR!!!
It was surprising that Ash lost by points, I figured that he and Buizel would have just been knocked out. But I'm suspecting that Dawn will be using Ambipom in the final though. If you look at the end of the episode, this appears that Piplup won't be fighting in the final, if in fact Dawn wins- which she proably will. But Ash kind of did it to himself, as he could have used Pikachu, or Turtwig or somebody else, as it showed, since all the rest of the main characters had used different pokemon in each round..... so mabey he got set up on or something, i don't know- but at least he lost this time....

What do you mean THIS time? He's been getting owned frequently throughout this arc. Are you people still in Kanto universe where he won battles against everyone and their dog?

His opponent not only had the elemental advantage, and once again it was due to a timeout that he lost, same as with the Zoey battle. Sure he could had used Pikachu or Turtwig, but he just perfered to use Buizel.

Though I still question why he entered this competiton in the first place...

Milkyway

Regarding the Ash vs Kaito battle, I don't think he did all that bad. Not only did he lose mostly based on points/time, he got Dawn's Ice Spear/Aqua Jet combo thing to work. While he's good at appeals (the boy knows how to show off!) he's still got a gym battle mindset when it comes to contest battles. He and buizel were just standing there waiting for the opponent to actually attack before realizing they needed to do something else they'd lose even more points.

Overall this was a great episode. Anyone know what was going on in the beginning of the episode? What were the girls talking about and why did Ash fall off his bed? Also, what is Jesse's reporter disguise name? 'Pretty Musalina'?

mew-the original

Binchsquatch
Can anyone give a video link to this episode? I can't find it anywhere. =(

This episode sounds great. I'm loving this Wallace arc! It's the best thing from the whole D/P arc.

lightdash

Dawn and May fan
Still an excellent episode, although ep77 was still more intense. Certainly every aspect was surprising: the encounter with Azelf, Ash pulling of Icy Aqua Jet, May having a Venusaur, so much more. The ending keeps us into suspense...got to wait now for the battles to happen in the next time.

Aura Guardian88

Has anyone gotten to see ep 78 yet? I just saw ep 77 (which was awesome), so now I'm pumped to see 78. But I can't find it anywhere. :(

latios reborn

I'm watching it now :D

And Dawn never really put Buiezel in a contest so that would be a given at the time.

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
- Uh-oh, Zoey's sleeping in the same room as Dawn. You know what this means...SEXY SLUMBER PARTY!
- So Alanna and Oscar are reused as character models, but no love for God and his minion Politoed? Screw Misty. Screw May. Screw everyone else important. God is the one who really needs to return.
- So lemme get this straight...to this very day, Buizel has still not won a single battle under Dawn or Ash?

I'm kinda wishing we saw more of these battles as opposed to the 2-second stills we got, especially to give Pokemon like Venusaur and Skitty some actual screentime, even if it meant extending this arc another episode.

Thriller

Its almost time
I've seen the pics AND the episode and I can't tell if May was implying she saw Uxie at the lake up in the snowy area.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Dawn and Ash had some great battles.

May was very rarely in this ep, we basically just saw her standing around and her battle scenes went by in 1 second. I suppose they make up for it next week where she has two major battles though.