• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pruning a Passel of Pals!! (546)

mew-the original

Binchsquatch
I hated the fact that they made most of the battles so short. It escapes me why the writers will only have up to three episodes for a tournament...

Somorio

Waiting for a hound.
why did ash have to lose to someone so lame looking?

of all the people geez....

a lanturn dosen't help him much either, ick.

if the writers are gonna make buizel lose to someone again make him lose against someone with at least some good fashion sense.

other than that though the writers need to get over this paranoia of making buizel look too strong, because it's getting really annoying.

NO MORE LOSSES FOR MY FAVORITE OTTER DAMN IT!!!

MechaBulba

King of the Monsters
why did ash have to lose to someone so lame looking?

of all the people geez....

a lanturn dosen't help him much either, ick.

if the writers are gonna make buizel lose to someone again make him lose against someone with at least some good fashion sense.

other than that though the writers need to get over this paranoia of making buizel look too strong, because it's getting really annoying.

NO MORE LOSSES FOR MY FAVORITE OTTER DAMN IT!!!

To be fair I think Ash would of won if it was not a contest battle. As like the last one he was in, he was doing great in battle but lost on style. Same happened here when he lost right in the last few secs when Lanturn made Buizels Water Pulse exsplode.
Ash just can't do contest battles.

However atleast Buizel got atleast one win vs a Kecleon! lol

I was happy buneary got a great little battle vs the WHALE (which i was also happy 2 see). That Bunny is getting rather strong in battles. However I think its time for a new move or two! Maybe 'Return' or 'sky uppercut'?

JasonChu

PikaAsh:o
Seriously this Episode got the highest rating since the 1st Dp episode
with a 9.4 Ratings in Japan by views,and 30.000 views in one day on youtube.
ANyone can translate what zoey said about those pokemons.

The highlight of this episode was - of course - when Buizel used his Aqua Jet against that Ice beam, while simultaneously having the bgm Last Battle!! from movie 6 playing. Totally awesome.

Really good for a Kinoshita episode. Let's see what Shimura can wrap up next week.

Gaiash

Champion Scientist
OMG, Venasaur already!? Ash and Brock have only been away from her for a year or so, how much training can she put in that short time!?
Lets not put real time into this. May most likely spent all the time she would have spent watching Ash's Gym battles training her Pokemon. May is the first main character to leave on her own journey, seeing this kind of progress is new but I'm sure if Dawn doesn't stick around for the 5th generation when we see her Pokemon again there will be similar changes.

I'm not going to read through all of the pages, I'm just going to say it: Ash looks like Inspector Gadget when he's wearing his contest outfit. Wowzers!

Manchee

extra toasty
^Wow, okay.

Anyways.... I can't wait to see all of the Wallace Cup EPs. Contests simply attract me and I wish there were a lot more of them. Hehe, Ash lost. I love seeing Ash fail at things he's not supposed to be in. Don't get me wrong, I think Ash is awesome, but he sometimes gets on my nerves thinking he can do it all.

Silent Conversation

Chart obsessed wanker
Lets not put real time into this. May most likely spent all the time she would have spent watching Ash's Gym battles training her Pokemon. May is the first main character to leave on her own journey, seeing this kind of progress is new but I'm sure if Dawn doesn't stick around for the 5th generation when we see her Pokemon again there will be similar changes.

I guess you're right. But I mean, two evolve three pokemon (Bulbasaur twice and Squirtle once) in such a short time, it must've meant May did nothing but training.

dragonman2385

Abilities and Stabbed Moves

i was wondering if let say a Pokemon has the ability technician and has a move that has its attack pover increased by technician and it is a stabed move does the move benefit from both or just one. if it revives a boost from both which gets applied first? thank yo for you time.

piplup_777

Paparazzi ♪♫
this looks like it going to be a good episode yeah go piplup

kiara911

What the heck AM I??
cool zoey's from snowpoint!!
man i wanted to hear about may's johto jurney...DARN YOU ASH WHY'D YOU FALL OFF THE BED?! WE ALL KNOW YOU WEER DREAMING ABOUT SOME GIANT COOKIE!!
you know something...during that first battle with dawn, I found it very odd that wailmer's eyes got all big and blue when it did surf. that scared me...a lot...
if thats how a pokemon uses surf these days, then i don't want ludicolo here
AWESOME EPPIE SO FAR!! ^^

Slowking[George]

#SPP-WiFi HOP
May's Venusaur is amazing! <3

kiara911

What the heck AM I??
Slowking[George];8698697 said:
May's Venusaur is amazing! <3

Yeah!! but venosaur only had like 5 seconds of screen time...MORE SCREEN VENOSAUR MORE!! ^^

Hey guys! at the end of the episode, did u realize the music was from SUPER SMASH BRO. MELEE??? it sounded so much like pokemon stadium o_O

Dattebayo

Banned
I'll be looking forward on what will happen next on the battle between Crawdant and Piplup. Hopefully, someone here should make a Giant Enemy Crab reference in this battle.

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
So, more-loyal-than-I dub viewers, enlighten us Japanoholics - what was Kaito's dub name?

jolteonjak

*swoons for Noland*
They named him Kyle. Was it revealed in the original version at some point that Zoey is from Snowpoint City? I forgot.

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
Kyle rhymes with bile, which in turn rhymes with vile, all of which rhymes with pedophile, which refers to Conway.
So there you have it. Kaito is actually Conway. Make sense to the lowest common denominator, now?

And yes, Zoey was referred to as being from Kissaki/Snowpoint in the raw.

jolteonjak

*swoons for Noland*
I missed that then. Mostly because I could never keep the Japanese names of the cities down for some reason...though I did know Zui town (it's a short name).

AstralEon

The one and only.
This episode was much more better then the previous one. Although this episode seemed short to me. The only main focus was May and Ash. Everybody else was just a 5 sec battle view. I wish they made more into this.

Seeing that Ash was surprised seeing a Legendary in the Lake was no surprise to me. Ash been with many Legendarys and hes never reacted like this before...

As for the battle, I was more interested in Ash and Buizel in this one. Especially Buizel. Nice way of Ice Aqua Jet. I "oohh" at that part. But it was a bummer to see that he still lost. Ah well, he wasnt meant to compete in contests... to bad Paul didnt say anything in this episode.

At least that battles and styles are getting better and better every round.

8/10

Bring in the Finals!