• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pruning a Passel of Pals!! (546)

Meowth-Fan

RocketShipper!!!
I liked this episode.
I thought it was funny when Ash was trying to explain what he saw at the lake and then Piplup shot him with a Bubble Beam. :p
It was also cool to learn that Zoey is from Snowpoint City.
8/10

WaterDragon trainer

Freak Like Me
This episode was good. Found it a little odd that the girls could hear Ash fall off his bed. It surprised me that Ash got to see an Azelf as well as the mentioning of Mesprit and Uxie. Brine was a little unimpressive for Wailmer. It would’ve been more suitable as Water Spout. IMO, Exeggutor has a horrible dub voice. Ash’s Buizel’s “Ice Aqua Jet” was cool to see.

fabiannedevarona

Fire trainer
That ice aqua jet was epic. o.o

RegalStar

...Seeing that Ash was surprised seeing a Legendary in the Lake was no surprise to me. Ash been with many Legendarys and hes never reacted like this before...

Ash has always seen legendary pokemons in their pokemon form, not as a creepy soul projection or whatever it is.

uber gon

Accept Change
If Zoey is grom Snowpoint, I wonder if she'll surprise everyone by having a Frosslass later? That'd be kinda cool.

Why do I have the feeling we're going to have characters named Stan and/or Eric?:p

Geodude

To be fair I think Ash would of won if it was not a contest battle. As like the last one he was in, he was doing great in battle but lost on style. Same happened here when he lost right in the last few secs when Lanturn made Buizels Water Pulse exsplode.
Ash just can't do contest battles.
Yeah it was another thing like his Contest battle with Aipom, where he might've won if not for the time limit. Buizel hadn't been KOed yet after all.

Torpoleon

Ash should have used Turtwig against Kaito.I want to see May's Venusaur in action!!!

Stabberz

The RPG Godfather
Yeah it was another thing like his Contest battle with Aipom, where he might've won if not for the time limit. Buizel hadn't been KOed yet after all.

I Think The Same But Ash Getting as Far As he Did Just Show's How Good a Trainer He really is;418;

Brumrha

Banned
At the time that I've managed to watch this, I couldn't get online like in last week, so I "might" have trouble giving an effective roundup on this...

*digs up his memory bank*
Hmm... let's see...
I'm not surprised that Jessie & her cronies are willing to do whatever it takes to get in the front stage; I already know that they're a bunch of desperadoes. Also, what didn't surprise me was that Ash failed to make it in the second stage, possibly from the lack of variety, which more often than not will keep your opposition guessing. He either needs to get his entire force in the contest spirit, or go back into the war-zone where he belongs.

I've got nothing more to say, unfortunately...

ash_forever

Greatest Hero
Conceivably, you can already imagine what sentence I'm going to start my review with ( but nevertheless, it's the pure truth):

This episode was a terrific sequel of the Wallace Cup arc! Awesome and amazing!

First of all, I've gotta fully concur with PokemonTrainerLisa in the following remark:

Hehe, because I'm a fangirl, my favorite part was when Ash fell out of bed, lol. XD
--> WORD!
Aww, poor Ash though. He's been having trouble sleeping lately. =(

Anyway, I also liked the scene when Ash went for a walk with Pikachu. And yay, he gets to see Azelf! ^^
--> WORD !

Wow, another good part! After seeing that mysterious light in the lake, poor Ash was so freaked out that he couldn't even explain it to his friends. That was hilarious!! XD
--> WORD!

And as for the contest itself, Ash did a really great job! I like how he pulled off that Ice-Aqua Jet combination! ^_^

However, it's a shame that Ash lost his battle in the end. But then again, he doesn't have much experience as a coordinator (because he's more of a gym-battling type of guy). So this was kind of expected. But anyway, I'm glad that Ash wasn't disappointed that he lost! ^^
--> WORD³ !!!

Only two aspects bothered me this time:
1.) The battle scenes unfortunately were too hasty, if you ask me. The writers were virtually rushing through the plot and that was really a pity! Don't you think so?
2.) As Lisa has already pointed out, it was indeed a shame that our Ash lost, although having shown such a great, great battle strategy! That Ice-Aqua Jet was stunning and just fantastic! Without any doubts, this was by far the best scene of the whole episode and without any doubts, Ash would have deserved to reach the next round :(
Well, at least he didn't lose because Buizel was defeated (Buizel is much too strong to be defeated in a Contest Battle, you know) but lost on points.

Apart from that objections, the episode was marvelous again! I enjoyed every minute of it, be it Ash going for a walk in the night and being surrounded by a calm breath of air, be it our friends sitting together and talking about the legendary Pokemon or be it the neat battles themselves.
Ash falling out of bed and Jessie suddenly returning to her old role as a committed reporter made me laugh!

Hey PokemonTrainerLisa, you've actually forgotten to mention one further priceless scene with Ash XD :
I'm talking about the scene when he was interviewed by Jessie and praised for his awesome Ice-AquaJet combination! The embarrassed expression on his face was definitely hilarious ^^

My result:
Great show, great entertainment which makes you look forward to the glorious final in two weeks!

(btw. Does somebody happen to know why there's gonna be a break next week? too bad...)

7.5 out of 10 points

Mario-Sonic

Former NSider
It's a shame that Ash lost the quarterfinals. The part with Paul was quite pointless since we already know that he disrespects ALL that Ash does. You know, Paul should lighten up and start respecting Ash's hard work, because his training actions may eventually lead to his undoing.

TeddiUrsa

It's a shame that Ash lost the quarterfinals. The part with Paul was quite pointless since we already know that he disrespects ALL that Ash does. You know, Paul should lighten up and start respecting Ash's hard work, because his training actions may eventually lead to his undoing.

I am sick of the "Paul" hate. He is written to be an *******, that´s what makes him so awesome.

CharizardMaster

Belgian Waffles!!!
I enjoyed the episode ezpeciall Bunery owned that Wailmer, also of course the Ice Aqua Jet, it was awesome!

TicoPokemonMaster

Seeing that Ash was surprised seeing a Legendary in the Lake was no surprise to me. Ash been with many Legendarys and hes never reacted like this before...
QUOTE]

Suicune, Ho-Oh, and Mew say hi.

Ho-oh was the first legendary pokemon that Ash saw and he was surprised when he saw it. In Pokemon the first movie he was surprised to see Mew flying in the sky at the end of the movie. Ash also was surprised when he saw a mistified form of Suicune.

SOS! Its Not Healthy..

He Say Whaaa...
Only two aspects bothered me this time:
1.) The battle scenes unfortunately were too hasty, if you ask me. The writers were virtually rushing through the plot and that was really a pity! Don't you think so?
2.) As Lisa has already pointed out, it was indeed a shame that our Ash lost, although having shown such a great, great battle strategy! That Ice-Aqua Jet was stunning and just fantastic! Without any doubts, this was by far the best scene of the whole episode and without any doubts, Ash would have deserved to reach the next round :(
Well, at least he didn't lose because Buizel was defeated (Buizel is much too strong to be defeated in a Contest Battle, you know) but lost on points.

They seem fine with me, it not so surprising that they rush on the battles, and as well were dealing with 4 main competitiors, so of course there not gonna make as long as its suppose to.

I do agree about the ICe Aqua Jet, that was awesome, but in a way from the beginning, it was obvious of why Ash lost. Think of this way, if Ash won, then it will conflict with him battling with Dawn, which one will either steal her thunder for a comeback, or even worse he facing the humilating experience losing to Dawn, so I bet why they had to make Ash lose so in order Dawn to contiune
and have the clash between May and Dawn in the next episode, oops I said a bit too much.

TicoPokemonMaster

Plus the only reason that Ash's battle was given more focus was that his opponent Kyle will face Dawn on the next round. So the writers had to give him some type of introduction.