• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pruning a Passel of Pals!! (546)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Fierce Battles! Everyone's Respective Rival!

Having passed the appeal process in the Wallace Cup, the gang all move onto the next round; the battles. However, in reflection of their respective journeys, the gang get pumped for the battles. Will they all get through the next round?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Thriller

Its almost time
For post #3, I'll make the special announcement the episode gave us. :)

May has a Venusaur!

:):):)

Ugh, will this episode hurry up and get online please.

Gaiash

Champion Scientist
Can I just say in relation to the recent Venasaur news that while Bulbasaur is my favorate Pokemon I am not annoyed at May having a Venasaur. For one thing it got some time to shine as a Bulbasaur in Houen with wins and loses unlike Snorunt who should have won a battle with someone other than Team Rocket before evolving.

Second this is a different situation to Ash's Bulbasaur who like Pikachu doesn't want to evolve. If this happened while she was in Houen I might have been bothered but May has had this Pokemon for a while now so I was only suprised.

The reason I'm mentioning this is because every time an evolution comes up people turn to me expecting a rant as if I hate every evolutions when these situations are completly different from Snorunt. May has been away for a while, evolved Pokemon are not to be expected.

Last edited:

DSDark

Breeder
so which of the trio did ash see, and does anyone have like a summary of the episode

How lame to give him a Lanturn, its preevo kicked out Misty in the whirl cup cuz of its electrical attacks. Now Buizel loses to it, just cause of the DEMWater/electric type >_<

Thriller

Its almost time
How lame to give him a Lanturn, its preevo kicked out Misty in the whirl cup cuz of its electrical attacks. Now Buizel loses to it, just cause of the DEMWater/electric type >_<

Why? Lanturn has gotten quite a shaft and I'm happy to see it getting some spotlight.

Gaiash said:
Can I just say in relation to the recent Venasaur news that while Bulbasaur is my favorate Pokemon I am not annoyed at May having a Venasaur. For one thing it got some time to shine as a Bulbasaur in Houen with wins and loses unlike Snorunt who should have won a battle with someone other than Team Rocket before evolving.

Second this is a different situation to Ash's Bulbasaur who like Pikachu doesn't want to evolve. If this happened while she was in Houen I might have been bothered but May has had this Pokemon for a while now so I was only suprised.

The reason I'm mentioning this is because every time an evolution comes up people turn to me expecting a rant as if I hate every evolutions when these situations are completly different from Snorunt. May has been away for a while, evolved Pokemon are not to be expected.

Part of me is happy to see you're finally starting to change but I know deep down you are annoyed at this.

All throughout Hoenn, whenever somebody brought it up you'd get so annoyed at them. Then, when she left Bulbasaur at Oaks you acted like this was the icing on the cake indicating neither Bulbasaur will never evolve. Here we are, only 70 episodes and the thing evolved twice! Thats called super-fast evolution which you are stricly against.

And knock off this delusional thought on Snorunt not winning a battle yet still evolving. Remember, anime /=/ games. Pokemon don't need to battle to evolve. We've seen so many filler Pokemon evolve to save its friends and trainers. Plus, during the time it was a Snorunt, it did heavy duty training. It is for that reason Snorunt evolved. Why don't you understand that?

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
Kaito has a really snazzy design, like the hair.

Apparently he has a Crawdaunt too in the next episode, Lanturn as he uses here, and he used Cloyster in the appeal round. A nice group of Pokemon.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Does Kaito even have a personality or backstory?

If not, then the D/P arc still doesn't have any one-shot coordinators.

pokemaster95

King of pirates
Since Kaito has a lanturn i see the reason buizel lost.

Thriller

Its almost time
Other than a few scattered pics, why isn't this episode available online?

Did those pics come from a preview?

uber gon

Accept Change
Well one REALLY good thing about this particular episode is that BOTH Buneary AND Pachirisu are used and WIN.:)

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Well i saw the pics of the episode so here's what i know.

The girls are seen talking, thier's a rukus or something in Ash's room, he goes out for a walk and sees Azelf.(only he sees it alot longer than Dawn saw Mespirit)
Returns and talks about it with Dawn who brings up how she saw mespirit, May mentions something about Lake Acuilty, dunno much else here.
Contest time, Dawn's Beunary kicks the crap out of reused school boy's Wailmer, Ash beats a Kecleon with Buizel, Zoey beats a mereep(but with what i dunno)and May apparently got Skitty back as it beat an Exeggutor.
Jessie's still emo about not passing the appeals(you had it coming.) James and Meowth pull out a camera cheering her up, as she dones another outfit.
Second round, Dawn beats a pelliper with pachirisu, next up is Ash vs Katio.
Katio sends out Lanturn, all are concerned as Dawn dexes it.
Katio uses Charge, Ash just stands there and loses points before using Sonicboom to get Lanturn out, Buizel gets payed back with an electrical move for that.
Kaito uses Ice Beam, Ash has Buizel charge it with Aqua Jet and uses Dawn's icicle spear technique against Lanturn. (more irony lol) during this Paul is seen again and is not impressed.
Lanturn hits Buizel with a water move, Buizel counters with water pulse but it's blocked with the same electric move as before, time runs out and Ash is out because he loses more points.
TR in disguise interview Ash after he loses, May kills Marril with Veunsaur(as if we haven't seen that already) and Zoey beats a Mothim with misdrevus, TR is still doing crap with thier camera as everyone has another night time talk.
Next Day Dawn and Kaito are up first, Dawn talks with piplup behind the curtain as the others watch from the locker room, piplup starts with bubble Kaito has Crawdaunt(way to smack corphish writers) use a move that is either ground or dark and the episode ends with the attacks creating an explosion and both pokemon are in the air.

Last edited: