• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

PS3 vs Xbox 360 vs Wii

What is the best next gen console?

• PS3

Votes: 13 21.0%
  • Xbox 360

Votes: 29 46.8%
  • Wii

Votes: 20 32.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Zazie

So 1991
Wii: good family console, terrible for online play and older gamers.

Why is the Wii bad for old people? I thought it was the most popular console amongst the elderly?

To post something serious. nonsense you are never too old to play Mario games. (or anything other game for that matter)

Last edited:

Kataphrut

The PS3 has actually been doing really well this year. It finally got it's price dropped to something a bit more reasonable, and it's had a string of good exclusive games lately.

The Wii is good fun to have at parties, but it just doesn't have many good games.

The 360 still has the best online and plenty of great games, but not as many exclusive games.

Cobalt_Latios

It is. I just recently discovered my grandma's nursing home has a Wii Night when they all play Wii Sports hooked up to a TV better than most of you have.
Dammed elderly funds (or whatever it is that the elderly get in terms of money). They're probably better at us at Wii Sports too. :p.

The lounge at my mom's work also has a Wii there. And she's looking into buying another for home use (mainly because the current one belongs to me, hehe).

I don't know, but I think Nintendo's strategy is working.

And who says they don't great games. The Wii just has more inventive and imaginative games. Just check out some of the stuff coming out for WiiWare (or currently out on WiiWare).

- LostWinds/2
- Pokemon Rumble (not the best, but it's still fun)
- World of Goo
- Artstyle games
- ExciteBike
- MonkeyIsland
- MM9 (and soon 10)
- Onslaught (a simple and short FPS, but it doesn't control half bad)

I still say the Wii isn't bad. You just take the effort to look and try things. That's all.

Now... can someone direct me to a list of great XBLA titles? All I have is Geometry Wars... I need some recommendations.

<C_L>

KyogreKing

I'm back
Wii is superior!
  • Great games
  • the games are more creative than 360 or PS3
    ex-Majority of games on 360/PS3 are killing people/zomies/aliens ect
  • Grafics are good
  • VIRTUAL CONSOLE!

Dude, PS3 and 360 have HD graphics and can support up to 1080p... the Wii can support up to 480p.

Now... can someone direct me to a list of great XBLA titles? All I have is Geometry Wars... I need some recommendations.

Don't have a 360, but from what I know, Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Tooie are good XBLA games... and they have the Stop n Swop thingy the N64 version was originally gonna have. And are the Penny Arcade Adventures or whatever they're called games any good?

Anyway, to answer the poll, I'd have to say Wii... more exclusive games I like, and while I like the genre, all the FPS games I see for the 360 and PS3 seem to have the same gameplay and same goals, and there doesn't seem to be that many non-FPS games exclusively for those (Someone please prove me wrong...)

noobers

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

I've played these on PC and they're great, and they're available on the XBLA:

- Braid
- Madballs in Babo: Invasion
- The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition
- Serious Sam HD (not yet released for XBLA)

Chris

Old Coot
Wii is superior!
  • Great games
  • the games are more creative than 360 or PS3
    ex-Majority of games on 360/PS3 are killing people/zomies/aliens ect
[IMG139]http://i47.*******.com/2cndovm.jpg[/IMG139]

Clearly we're ignoring the fact that the Wii is grossly overwhelmed with shovelware and licensed garbage such as this.

Don't knock the other consoles while ignoring the other's biggest flaw.

Chris

Old Coot
IGN Review for Party Babyz: 7.5
IGN Review for God Hand: 3.0

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
We can't judge consoles by the amount of shovelware they have, or the computer would be in -9232143254th place.

Chris

Old Coot
Except in that case, there's a fairly large ratio of top notch quality games. That and PC can't be counted due to the amount of time the platform has been around.

Whereas the Wii only has a handful.

Wat.
IGN Review for Party Babyz: 7.5
IGN Review for God Hand: 3.0

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

The only thing good to come out of ign is that its bias against Sonic = bad Sonic game reviews = good Sonic games at low prices.

[IMG139]http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/5756/wiij.jpg[/IMG139]

Chris

Old Coot
Only problem, the 360/PS3 games pretty much demand you get an HD Tv to even play them.
If you're playing games with tiny *** font, like Dead Rising, then sure.

But in actuality, you don't need an HD TV to play a grand majority of the PS3/360 games.

Night Shadow

BRRAAP BRRAAP
The only thing good to come out of ign is that its bias against Sonic = bad Sonic game reviews = good Sonic games at low prices.

Thats retarded. Ign is a very good website. If you don't like their reviews, theres a helluva lot good information on that site, and Ign isn't bias against Sonic Games, Sonic just sucks now.

Night Shadow

BRRAAP BRRAAP

Thats retarded. Ign is a very good website. If you don't like their reviews, theres a helluva lot good information on that site, and Ign isn't bias against Sonic Games, Sonic just sucks now.

fhqwhgads

Number 7: the word 'retarded'

Sneak peek, number 8 is the word 'retarted'.