• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

PS3 vs Xbox 360 vs Wii

What is the best next gen console?

• PS3

Votes: 13 21.0%
  • Xbox 360

Votes: 29 46.8%
  • Wii

Votes: 20 32.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
No you just need something that can show the video; projectors, computer monitors etc. can be used if you have the right cables.

Hm, point taken.

nintendude 64

Dropped my balls!
Between the 360 and PS3, I say PS3. Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't it have more memory than the 360?

fhqwhgads

Considering I could hook up any harddrive to a PS3, yeah.

But it also runs through it faster with its mandatory install games.
No, but I hear the picture's pretty bad without one.
Way funnier than it should have been.

GameBoy911

Exploring the Sky
I'm personally a Nintendo fan so I like the wii, but the 360 is really close for first. I'm getting the ps3 from my friend for free soon so can't wait to see how cool it is.

james2791

Dragon Sneeze
Now that I've got all of them (finally) I can say that the PS3 gets my clear vote, but only by a small margian from the Wii/360. All of them have their ups and dows as everybody knows, but in the end it's up to you what you fancy :)

Surfing_Pikachu

Chris

Old Coot
But they should at least grant Silver users online multiplayer, and give the Gold users the extra bonuses such as Netflix, Facebook and others. Probably what the PS3 is going to do.
Gold users still have to have a Netflix account in order to use it, which means that costs extra money.

But yeah, that is likely what Sony will be doing with PSN. Charging for later to come services, while online play and what not will be free.

deathseer

Oh, u mad bro?
Used to be all about the Wii when it first came out. But after No More Heroes, Mario Kart Wii and Super Smash Bros. Brawl, it just became too kid friendly. All the games now look like they were made for kids in 3rd Grade or something. 3 games alone can't keep me playing a system. I get the whole trying to get families more into games, but they didn't have to do it at the cost of hard core gamers.

I know they tried to keep it alive with the Virtual Console, but there is only so much you can do with it. Not everything has the same replay value it when it first came out. All of my Virtual Console games have become old, and stale. I beat them when I was around 9 or 10 and I beat them now. What's the difference?

Also, I hate how they are trying to abuse the motion sensor technology. I fell like they are only putting games on the Wii because it supports Motion Sensor Tech. I saw this really evident in the Wii version of Sonic Unleashed. In place of Day Stages and more acts, they added more Werehog stages, forcing you to continuosly use the Wiimote and Nunchuck. The controls were clunky and they didn't use the new engine that the 360 and PS3 Version had, giving the game a much better look and better level designs.It also looked like the game moved at a much faster pace than the Wii version, where it was made to slow down to see where you were going. because of this, it was shafted two entire stages with no positives in return. All because they wanted people to use the Motion Tech with the Werehog.

So in summation, I liked the Wii in the beginning, later on, it just wasn't for me. It just wasn't what I expected and became englfed in the whole "Kid Friendly" advertisement, which I think Nintendo is being caught in.

Which has moved me to the point of buying a 360 in the near future.

Last edited:

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
^ What?

Seriously, when was the last time you checked out the Wii's roster of games?

Also, I don't know if you noticed, but Nintendo has embraced their role as being "kid-friendly", and look where's it's gotten them: number one.

And if you ask me, I don't blame Nintendo for "abandoning" the "hardcore" gamers (which they haven't). Considering that some of them are rather vocal. And unpleasable.

deathseer

Oh, u mad bro?
I have, and it just doesn't seem the same like it when it first came out. When you were on the edge of your seat waiting to see what they were going to come with next. Now it just doesn't seem the same. I'm sure there are good games out there, but it just isn't for me anymore. I tired of seeing every game commercial for them looking it was designed for kids in elementary school. Every E3 conference Nintendo has, I always feel less than impressed after watching, compared to the 360's and PS3's announcements

I don't see how they are at Number 1 though. I guess its cause there are alot of people under 21 that play video games compared to those over 21.

Its a shame really. I understand it is hard to appease Nintendo fans. But its mostly due to the fact that we have to wait close to half a decade to get a release of a good series or a sequel. Twilight Princess and Brawl took forever to get here.

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
I have, and it just doesn't seem the same like it when it first came out. When you were on the edge of your seat waiting to see what they were going to come with next. Now it just doesn't seem the same. I'm sure there are good games out there, but it just isn't for me anymore. I tired of seeing every game commercial for them looking it was designed for kids in elementary school. Every E3 conference Nintendo has, I always feel less than impressed after watching, compared to the 360's and PS3's announcements

So I take it you completely ignored Nintendo's onslaught of awesome games to come out in 2010 that they revealed in E3 2009 like all of the other "hardcore" gamers.

Also, you can't say that Nintendo isn't making any good games just because you don't like them.

I don't see how they are at Number 1 though. I guess its cause there are alot of people under 21 that play video games compared to those over 21.

This... this is possibly the most incorrect statement I have ever seen.

Just wow.

Its a shame really. I understand it is hard to appease Nintendo fans. But its mostly due to the fact that we have to wait close to half a decade to get a release of a good series or a sequel. Twilight Princess and Brawl took forever to get here.

I think you haven't checked the Nintendo "hardcore" fanbase lately if you think that's the reason.

Surfing_Pikachu

QFT. New Super Mario Bros. and the stamps in Wii Sports resort were both brutally hard, and apparently Super Mario Galaxy 2 is supposed to be significantly harder than the original as well. Not to mention Other M, which being a Metroid game, speaks for itself. I think E3 09 was a really a nice treat for hardcore gamers.

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
and apparently Super Mario Galaxy 2 is supposed to be significantly harder than the original as well.

I don't think it gets much harder then those Galaxy 1 purple coin challenges.

~DragonFriend~

Konata Freak
Personally, I like ps3 the best.
I own a ps3 & a wii, but I have played 360 at a friends place.